1 night in Oahu

dr&momto2boys

DIS Veteran
Any ideas/recommendations for a cheap(er) night stay in Oahu? We will be arriving one day early for our Aulani reservation and are on the waitlist for this night, but we need a back up plan. There are 7 of us, so we'll need 2 rooms if it's a standard hotel.
It would be great if it was in Ko Olina near Aulani. I've checked the Marriot timeshare near there and it's $700+ for the night. Other hotels in Honolulu and other parts of the island are even more than that when you factor in 2 rooms! Airbnb has a couple options that are less expensive, but they don't look great. Ideas?

Edited to add that I was able to find some decent options in Waikiki after all. Thanks!

Last edited:
Any ideas/recommendations for a cheap(er) night stay in Oahu? We will be arriving one day early for our Aulani reservation and are on the waitlist for this night, but we need a back up plan. There are 7 of us, so we'll need 2 rooms if it's a standard hotel.
It would be great if it was in Ko Olina near Aulani. I've checked the Marriot timeshare near there and it's $700+ for the night. Other hotels in Honolulu and other parts of the island are even more than that when you factor in 2 rooms! Airbnb has a couple options that are less expensive, but they don't look great. Ideas?

Edited to add that I was able to find some decent options in Waikiki after all. Thanks!

For Waikiki we stayed at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel and were happy enough with the hotel (really the only thing wrong with it was that it wasn't the Royal Lahaina on Maui!).

Aloha! My family and I live on outer islands, but we always stay at the Ala Moana Hotel, which is right next to the Ala Moana shopping center. We love staying at Ala Moana because it isn't directly in Waikiki, so you do not really get all the noise, and it is close Ala Moana! Do not stay too cheap as some hotels are really dingy (i.e. Pagoda DO NOT STAY THERE). I would just look around some hotels have deals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter