1 hour layover in LAX

KrazeeK120

DIS Veteran
Hello!

I wasn’t really sure where to post this question…

We’re looking at going to Aulani next March. I’m looking at possible flights and the fastest route home has us coming through LAX with a 65 minute layover. It will be me, my DH, and our son who will be 7. We are all able-bodied and the flights in question are on Delta.

I appreciate any advice…I’ve never been to LAX before.

In 2017, when we went thru LAX, the Delta terminal was being remodeled and they literally had two food stands open for like 30 gates. We almost missed our flight. However, other than that, I’ve always found that to be sufficient, if not quite leisurely. Hopefully you’ll be fine!

Hello!

I wasn’t really sure where to post this question…

We’re looking at going to Aulani next March. I’m looking at possible flights and the fastest route home has us coming through LAX with a 65 minute layover. It will be me, my DH, and our son who will be 7. We are all able-bodied and the flights in question are on Delta.

I appreciate any advice…I’ve never been to LAX before.
The Delta flights are generally closely located. As others have said, you'll be fine.

Here's a current LAX map. You can see the Delta locations: https://www.flylax.com/-/media/flylax/pdfs/getting-around-lax/lax-airline-location-map.ashx

Delta just opened up their brand new terminal (just missed the opening in March)-hopefully this makes it much much easier to connect.
Was a mess in March (flew out from international terminal but had to check bags into the old delta terminal) coming home from cruise. Flying back from HNL on Delta in July but going through MSP so will miss the new terminal!
LAX is HUGE .

Oh and yes-delta has already changed the flight-we get into MSP 8 minutes earlier lol!

This is all good to hear since we’re coming back through LAX. I almost said no way after our last ordeal, but figured it had to be better by now, especially at 5 am when we come through LOL

The nice thing about LAX is if you miss the flight for some reason they probably will be another soon after

I’m looking at possible flights and the fastest route home has us coming through LAX with a 65 minute layover. It will be me, my DH, and our son who will be 7. We are all able-bodied and the flights in question are on Delta.
Delta flights to/from Hawaii and connecting to other US locations are easily made in an hour or even less. Of course there is always the chance that there will be some flight delays but that would be unusual.

Our experience at LAX has always been good. I’d be a little weary of such a short layover, but only because we’ve had issues at other airports with missing flights when having shorter layovers, but, those were also international flights so customs and passport control played a big part in the delays. Since you’ll be domestic, those two hurdles aren’t even a consideration.

Delta has a shiny new terminal with some decent options. You’ll be fine with you flight as there gates are all fairly close to each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter