• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1 GB memory stick - $38!

Wazzo

DIS Veteran
I just bought a 1 GB memory stick at Costco for $38!

The sale is on until July 2!

Yeah! :cheer2:

We got 2 Ultra2 2 gig CF cards for the wifes D70 99 bucks when the lowest price I had seen prior to that was still over 100 each.

it's cheaper through eBay now. I've bought a couple of 2 Gb CF cards through eBay for US$63 including shipping.

Kelly Grannell said:
it's cheaper through eBay now. I've bought a couple of 2 Gb CF cards through eBay for US$63 including shipping.

Cool but we are not big e bay fans at all we have had numerous bad experiances that far outweigh the good ones we have had both as sellers and purchasers so we just as soon go to the store and purchase things like this now.

OIC, it's a good thing that I haven't had a single eBay bad experience yet after 1000+ transactions (mostly buying). -- touch wood; crossing my fingers, eyes, legs and toes --

What kind of bad experiences you've had? Just curious so I know what type of sellers I have to avoid.

TIA

I like to buy stuff like this at Costco... keep your receipt and you can return it ANYTIME!!!!

Kelly Grannell said:
OIC, it's a good thing that I haven't had a single eBay bad experience yet after 1000+ transactions (mostly buying). -- touch wood; crossing my fingers, eyes, legs and toes --

What kind of bad experiences you've had? Just curious so I know what type of sellers I have to avoid.

TIA

Non shipments wrong items broken items when listed as being in mint condition stuff like that many a non responsive seller and buyers, buyers that reneg on a transaction stuff like that.

Futureshop.ca has a 2-Pack of 1GB Secure Digital Cards on a web-only sale for $59.99!! (Regular $169.99)... Sale Ends 6/28/2006

Unfortunately my camera takes flash not secure digital :( It's a good deal though if it's the right format for you!

aristocat said:
Futureshop.ca has a 2-Pack of 1GB Secure Digital Cards on a web-only sale for $59.99!! (Regular $169.99)... Sale Ends 6/28/2006

Unfortunately my camera takes flash not secure digital :( It's a good deal though if it's the right format for you!

Thanks for the heads up my 9 YO DD's camera uses SD cards were they highspeed ones or standard do you recall?

F4disneyfan said:
Non shipments wrong items broken items when listed as being in mint condition stuff like that many a non responsive seller and buyers, buyers that reneg on a transaction stuff like that.
Another suggestion is not to deal with folk that have less than 99.5 rating (for buying ...that is).
For selling....I'm always glad to see Paypal users (because of the immediate transfer). Money orders are OK...Cheques are a no,no

F4disneyfan said:
Thanks for the heads up my 9 YO DD's camera uses SD cards were they highspeed ones or standard do you recall?

It's regular speed. For PNY, the high-speed version is their Optima Series (the labels are in yellow/gold colour), even then they are a tad slower (60x)than Sandisk Ultra II (66x) or Sandisk Extreme III (120x)

Kelly Grannell said:
It's regular speed. For PNY, the high-speed version is their Optima Series (the labels are in yellow/gold colour), even then they are a tad slower (60x)than Sandisk Ultra II (66x) or Sandisk Extreme III (120x)

Ok thanks I will skip that then teh camera is slow enough with the highspeed cards LOL she is 9 and uses a Canon A510 which is perfect for her but way to slow when either myself or my wife use it.

wee-haggis said:
Another suggestion is not to deal with folk that have less than 99.5 rating (for buying ...that is).
For selling....I'm always glad to see Paypal users (because of the immediate transfer). Money orders are OK...Cheques are a no,no

I always look for users with pay pal but even that doesn't help sometimes LOL. Never take a cheque I also must say that the issues I have had and I hate to stereotype here but they have all been from American buyers and sellers so much so that I don't even have my e bay account anymore it wasnm't worth the headaches.

F4disneyfan said:
We got 2 Ultra2 2 gig CF cards for the wifes D70 99 bucks when the lowest price I had seen prior to that was still over 100 each.

F4disneyfan - did you get this at Costco as well?

andysgirl360 said:
F4disneyfan - did you get this at Costco as well?

Yes we got them at Costco they are now 99 bucks all the time it makes a huge difference with teh D70 over the microdrives we had been using.

F4disneyfan said:
I always look for users with pay pal but even that doesn't help sometimes LOL. Never take a cheque I also must say that the issues I have had and I hate to stereotype here but they have all been from American buyers and sellers so much so that I don't even have my e bay account anymore it wasnm't worth the headaches.

LOL! The only "problem" I have is actually from Canadian buyers. Before the introduction of "Immediate Payment Required", Canadian buyers tend to click buy it now THEN haggle for price, haggle for shipping, or don't pay until I report them to eBay. During that same period, due to those strange experiences (I wouldn't call it 'problem' per-se), I just don't sell to Canadians.

Now that IPR have been introduced, option that only buyers with PayPal can even see my posting, I've had ZERO problem so far with buyers... and only one mishap with a seller but that was due to eBay glitch (the seller have 1,000 units in stock and although I typed '1', on the following page it says "you're about to purchase '111' item(s) from this seller (yes) - (no) -- of course I clicked 'no'. I tried it several times and it gives me the same error so I contacted the seller directly from "Contact Seller" then a day or two later, everything is okay.

For those of you looking for memory - make sure to check Future Shop and Best Buy ONLINE flyers. If their paper flyer has an error, all the stores have the correction notice at the door. Some errors online are missed. It worked in my favour a couple of weeks ago.

The Future Shop flyer was missing from our paper, and I was in the market for an SD card. I checked the Future Shop Online Flyer and it was advertising a GXT 2GB Ultra High Speed (150X) SD Card for $69.99 - all discounts instore, no mail-in rebates. Got to the store, the paper flyer and shelf price listed $79.99 - still good, but $10 more than online.

Showed the clerk the online price. Got it at that price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter