1 day visit to Disneyland Paris... what would you do?

m1ckeym0use1

Mouseketeer
Hi all. We've never been to Disneyland Paris and will have an opportunity in April. Here's the background info.

It's just the wife and I. We're big Disney fans and make it to WDW at least once a year. We'll be in Paris for 5 nights over Easter weekend. I'm thinking Tuesday would be the best choice as Easter Friday-Monday might be crazy with crowds. We're going to wait to decide if we go based on the weather, and if we feel we would rather have one more day to look around Paris vs. going to Disney.

So I'm looking for opinions on:

-Visiting just DLP or hopping and trying to also get the Studios in?
-What attractions are 'must see'? (if the attraction is basically the same at WDW we could skip it.)
-Suggested rough order of doing things to maximize the 1 day visit.
-Any other suggestions/tips are welcome!

Thanks in advance!

My family and I will be there just before you! We’re going over Spring Break and plan on going to the parks on Monday, April 3rd, since so many things are closed in Paris on Mondays. We plan on getting park hoppers to go to both parks and just do our best to see/do as much as we can in that short period of time. Unfortunately, both Pirates and Space Mountain will be closed for refurbs.

Since you are going over Easter weekend, closures are something that you should expect and investigate. Many things that say that will be closed on Easter may actually be closed all of Easter weekend. We learned that lesson the hard way when we found ourselves suddenly with nothing to visit on Good Friday. We even found many restaurants closed, which made eating a much more complicated process than we had expected. With that said, you may want to consider revising your schedule and braving the park crowds anyway.

Bonne chance with your planning!

There have been lots of 1 day visit threads posted here recently, so search through the first page or two and you should see some good suggestions!

Thanks for the info Angela! I am looking into closings for that weekend. Two of our main targets are the Louvre and the Catacombs... as far as I can tell both are open Easter Sat/Sun. We're planning to book a coach tour to the Normandy beaches for that Monday. We could swap the Mon/Tues Normandy/Disney days but I'm not sure that would gain us anything.

My family and I will be there just before you! We’re going over Spring Break and plan on going to the parks on Monday, April 3rd, since so many things are closed in Paris on Mondays. We plan on getting park hoppers to go to both parks and just do our best to see/do as much as we can in that short period of time. Unfortunately, both Pirates and Space Mountain will be closed for refurbs.

Since you are going over Easter weekend, closures are something that you should expect and investigate. Many things that say that will be closed on Easter may actually be closed all of Easter weekend. We learned that lesson the hard way when we found ourselves suddenly with nothing to visit on Good Friday. We even found many restaurants closed, which made eating a much more complicated process than we had expected. With that said, you may want to consider revising your schedule and braving the park crowds anyway.

Bonne chance with your planning!

If the budget is not an issue, I would park hop, because most of the attraction unique to the DLP are in the Studios:
- Crush and Coaster
- Ratatuille
- Toy Story Playland
- Cinemagique
- Mickey and the Magician

So I'd rope drop at the Studios (first attraction: Crush) and move to the Disneyland park late in the morning for the unique attractions in the main park and the night show.

There are a few tips for a one day visit in this thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/need-help-planning-our-day-at-dlp.3568453/#post-56964314

Last edited:
Thanks! Looks like only about $20 extra to hop so not really a budget issue.

I checked out some youtube videos of the attractions below... Mickey and the Magician looks really good. Cinemagique appears to be a montage of movie clips?

I'll also go through the thread you recommended.

If the budget is not an issue, I would park hop, because most of the attraction unique to the DLP are in the Studios:
- Crush and Coaster
- Ratatuille
- Toy Story Playland
- Cinemagique
- Mickey and the Magician

So I'd rope drop at the Studios (first attraction: Crush) and move to the Disneyland park late in the morning for the unique attractions in the main park and the night show.

There are a few tips for a one day visit in this thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/need-help-planning-our-day-at-dlp.3568453/#post-56964314

Thanks! Looks like only about $20 extra to hop so not really a budget issue.

I checked out some youtube videos of the attractions below... Mickey and the Magician looks really good. Cinemagique appears to be a montage of movie clips?

I'll also go through the thread you recommended.

You're right about Cinemagique - but it is really a unique and very fun experience! I've seen it many many times now and still enjoy it, there are some surprises if you're seeing it for the first time.
I've not been to WDW for years, but thinking about attractions that are sufficiently different in the main DLP park, I'd recommend you aim to do: Peter Pan, Phantom Manor, Big Thunder Mountain (largely the same, but it's the best!!), Pirates, exploring the castle.
You'll be visiting just after the launch of the 25th anniversary celebrations and there will be lots of shiny new shows and parades to enjoy, as well as the revamped Star Wars ride and area.
When I last visited in October 2015 I only had a day and we managed to squeeze in all the attractions we wanted to....but then I do know the parks like the back of my hand! I'm sure as a seasoned WDW visitor you'll manage to get a lot done as well.

Sounds like you've got some wonderful plans lined up for Paris too. My personal recommendations are to find some live music to enjoy - there are great jazz and classical gigs, especially in the Latin Quarter. And also to take a boat, even just the water taxi on the Seine - the views of the city from the water are unique and it's a lovely relaxing experience, whilst helping you get from A-B.

We're actually staying at an AirBnb in the Latin Quarter... maybe 1.5 blocks south of Notre Dame. Hopefully we can find some nice music even with it being Easter weekend. (My wife has a boat tour/ride on our to-do list as well... hopefully we can fit everything in).

You're right about Cinemagique - but it is really a unique and very fun experience! I've seen it many many times now and still enjoy it, there are some surprises if you're seeing it for the first time.
I've not been to WDW for years, but thinking about attractions that are sufficiently different in the main DLP park, I'd recommend you aim to do: Peter Pan, Phantom Manor, Big Thunder Mountain (largely the same, but it's the best!!), Pirates, exploring the castle.
You'll be visiting just after the launch of the 25th anniversary celebrations and there will be lots of shiny new shows and parades to enjoy, as well as the revamped Star Wars ride and area.
When I last visited in October 2015 I only had a day and we managed to squeeze in all the attractions we wanted to....but then I do know the parks like the back of my hand! I'm sure as a seasoned WDW visitor you'll manage to get a lot done as well.

Sounds like you've got some wonderful plans lined up for Paris too. My personal recommendations are to find some live music to enjoy - there are great jazz and classical gigs, especially in the Latin Quarter. And also to take a boat, even just the water taxi on the Seine - the views of the city from the water are unique and it's a lovely relaxing experience, whilst helping you get from A-B.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter