1 day only: Disneyland or Disney Sea?

You have 1 day only: Tokyo Disneyland or Disney Sea?

• Disneyland

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Disney Sea

Votes: 16 88.9%

• Total voters

NashvilleMama

DIS Veteran
I have read very article, trip report, and post on the internet, I swear. I still can't decide and keep going back and forth so thought I'd come to the experts.

We're all going to Tokyo in late October, because my husband and 2 DDs (9 & 11) are tagging along on a work trip with me. I've been multiple times so they're doing a lot of sightseeing without me. I'll have two days for us to sightsee together in Tokyo all together (they'll have an additional 2 days off on their own), and then we have allotted ONE day for a Disney park - and it's Halloween! (Thursday.)

We go to WDW at least once a year, and I've been to Disneyland but the rest of my family hasn't. The girls are at an age where it's all about the thrill rides - they love ToT, RnRC, Space, Splash, TMRR, etc. It's all about the rides to them.

I'm leaning heavily towards Disneyland for kind of purist reasons (see the castle, etc.)...but the uniqueness of Disney Seas is really pulling on my heartstrings, along with some of the attraction options.

HELP ME CHOOSE! I'm seriously about ready to flip a coin at this point.

I’d try to extend your stay a day if you can.

Poohs hunny hut is the best ride I’ve ever been on and hard to skip, but disneysea is lovely.

I guess it depends how difficult it is for you to get to the other castle parks, if they are hard to get to do Disneyland, but if it’s a rarity to be in Japan disneysea is the one I’d rather have taken the opportunity to see.

Maybe hit Disneyland first, rest and come back for the after 6pm ticket at disneysea, but be prepared it’s a super busy park you may not get on much.

Last edited:
1000% Disneysea.

Journey to the Center of the Earth and Sinbad are two of the greatest theme park rides I have ever been on. Tokyo Disneyland is great, but it felt similar to MK for me. Space, Splash and Big Thunder all felt familiar. Pooh's Honey hunt and Monsters Inc. Hide and go seek are awesome as far as unique attractions in TDR, but not great as far as thrills go. Disneysea is SO unique and unlike any other park I have been to. It's apparent once you step into DisneySea that they spared no expense on the entire park.

Either way you will have a blast as both parks are amazing!

As someone who has been to both many times (I live in Tokyo), if you only have one park to pick, definitely go with DisneySea. I always love Disneyland, but DisneySea is so unique, you don’t want to miss it.

DisneySea!! Journey to the Center of the Earth is amazing, and that's the only place that has it! Most of the Disneyland rides and lands are the same/ similar to the ones you find at any Disneyland. DisneySea has amazing and unique theming (Ports instead of Lands), you've got to experience it at least once. I'd love to go back some day.

Center of the Earth is great, but it’s closed until the end of November & OP is going on Halloween.

If your group is truly ride centric then you may prefer Disneyland. There's Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain vs. just Tower of Terror and Raging Spirits at Disneysea (Center of the Earth will be closed on Halloween). It's also a lot easier to get a Fastpasses at Disneyland and get on more rides. Disneysea is more unique though, which is why most people recommend it.

Both the castle and Mount Prometheus will be under reonnovation on your date so they may both be covered up. Just letting you know in case seeing the castle was the main reason swinging you towards DL.

Let me just say right off the bat that Tokyo isn't super great for thrill rides. Not in that the ones they have are bad, but there just aren't that many of them.

DisneySea all the way. As much you may be drawn to the Castle and the classic Disney elements, keep in mind that you can experience almost exact copies of all but two of Tokyo Disneyland's rides in California or Florida. You can't say the same for DisneySea.

TDL is great fun too of course, but there's literally almost nothing unique to you there beyond the entertainment. If you're flying all the way to Japan, you should do the unique park. No questions asked.

Definitely DisneySea for Journey to the Center of the Earth, Indy, and Tower of Terror. Also for the theming and unique merch exclusive to TDS

Last edited:
The answer is DisneySea. If your family goes to WDW every year and you only have 1 day for Disney in Tokyo, it doesn't make sense to do something you can easily do in the USA.

It doesn't matter if you are 'thrill ride person.' Once a Disney fan sees the Mediterranean Harbor, they will be blown away. Yes, this is not the place for thrill rides, but neither is any Disney Park.

The answer is DisneySea. If your family goes to WDW every year and you only have 1 day for Disney in Tokyo, it doesn't make sense to do something you can easily do in the USA.

I'm not sure. Journey, Tower, and Raging Spirits are pretty thrilling.

I had only one day as well to do this with my kids and agonized over this as well. Really wanted to see both. We really wanted to see the Magic Kingdom differences and similarities. In the end because going to Japan was a rare trip, DisneySea was the choice as there is no other one anywhere else. It was great. We were there for the early entry as well as got as many fast passes as possible and agree due to the crowds there you pretty much need to plan and navigate this park ahead of time if you want to see as much as possible. The center is the earth ride was also closed when we were there a couple of years ago as well which was disappointing. We had dinner reservations at Magellan’s, I highly recommend this one. Good luck on the choice!

Thank you all! This was pretty clear cut and DisneySea it is!! Bummed to learn that Center of the Earth is closed but so glad you all clued me into that now and not later so I'm mentally prepared. :) Really appreciate it!!

Yes definitely go to Disneysea! I did Tokyo Disneyland and Disneysea in April this year and while I loved them both, Disneysea was my favourite. It's so unique and the most beautiful Disney park in the world. Enjoy!

Disney Sea for sure! Tokyo Disneyland is awesome but Disney Sea is so much different from the other dl's here in the States. Really it depends on what you want to do and ride though. Either way you'll have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter