1 day, 4 kids, 2 adults

cmv32

Earning My Ears
Hey all!

My cousin is taking her kids to see some family in FL and she's trying to swing a day at Disney. They will have at the time a 1 year old, a 2 year old, a 4 year old, and a 7 year old with just two adults. She's trying to find a way to make it work on a strict budget.

Where is the most reliable place to get the cheapest tickets?

She found tickets for $59 on new.orlandoparkdeals.com, but we just can't tell if that's a legit offer.

I looked at the website. These are tickets that you get after visting a timeshare property and listening to the sales pitch. The adults need to be between the ages of 28-68, both present, married and with id verifying that they live at the same address, and with an income over 50K, and you must show a valid credit card. I've read the terms and conditions, and I"m not sure, you might have to stay on their property (like I said, not positive about that part).

DH and I went to a time share presentation in Orlando once. They said it was going to be 2 hours, we were there almost 4 and it was very high pressure. I don't think I'd want to sit thru that with my 4 kids just to save some cash on my Disney tickets, it wasn't fun with just the two of us and the cash we got wasn't worthwhile.

Here's the info that I saw when I clicked on the terms and conditions:
Attendance to an approximately 90 minute discovery tour and sales presentation of a local timeshare sponsor is required. Failure to qualify and attend the sales presentation will result in a surcharge of the difference between the discounted vacation package price and the full rental rate (based on season of travel) plus the retail rate of any discount attraction tickets that were included in the vacation package. Individuals must be between the ages of 30 and 68 and must present a valid photo ID. If married, cohabitating or engaged, both individuals must be between the ages of 28-68 and must attend the presentation together and present a valid major credit card. No pre-paid cards accepted. Guest must have a valid credit card with an available line of credit to hold resort security deposit and taxes upon check-in. MANDATORY: If married or cohabiting, both parties must provide proof of matching addresses by either a valid photo identification or another form of government issued identification (Utility bill, Home/Car Insurance or bank statement – Any combination of these 4 items). Must have a verifiable annual household income of $50,000 USD for U.S. Citizens/Residents and $80,000 USD for Canadian and U.K. Citizens/Residents excluding any income derived from unemployment, alimony, child support, or disability. (Minimum requirement may be higher and other qualifications may vary, based on destination and season of travel). Upon arrival to the tour individuals must present a valid photo ID and a current major credit card. Persons who have toured the same local timeshare sponsor location within the past (12) months, or that have participated in a local timeshare sponsor’s discounted promotional offer requiring a tour two times or more are subject to a surcharge. Subject to the qualifications, this offer is available to citizens of the United States and/or in countries where registered. Tour date, time and/or location may be changed at the Resort’s discretion. Consumption or influence of alcohol is not permitted during the Preview Tour. You will be refused to tour without refund and subject to retail rates. Guests may not live within 60 miles of the tour location. All qualified participants must speak English fluently, if traveling to Orlando; English, Spanish, or Portuguese fluently.

I would avoid any of those "deals." They are not going to help.

Have your sister plan a real budget and then see if the undercover tourist ticket fall within her comfort level. A one day pass is expensive, but the two little ones will not require tickets, so that helps.

I tried to do Disney for one day with an infant, 3 year and a 5 year and two adults on the cheap. Granted it was right after Christmas and a long time ago. But it was totally not worth it. I even asked for my tickets to be refined because it was so crowded. It might be different now with all the technology now and a good plan. It also depends when she wants to go. Is it her first time?

I looked at the website. These are tickets that you get after visting a timeshare property and listening to the sales pitch. The adults need to be between the ages of 28-68, both present, married and with id verifying that they live at the same address, and with an income over 50K, and you must show a valid credit card. I've read the terms and conditions, and I"m not sure, you might have to stay on their property (like I said, not positive about that part).

DH and I went to a time share presentation in Orlando once. They said it was going to be 2 hours, we were there almost 4 and it was very high pressure. I don't think I'd want to sit thru that with my 4 kids just to save some cash on my Disney tickets, it wasn't fun with just the two of us and the cash we got wasn't worthwhile.

Here's the info that I saw when I clicked on the terms and conditions:
Attendance to an approximately 90 minute discovery tour and sales presentation of a local timeshare sponsor is required. Failure to qualify and attend the sales presentation will result in a surcharge of the difference between the discounted vacation package price and the full rental rate (based on season of travel) plus the retail rate of any discount attraction tickets that were included in the vacation package. Individuals must be between the ages of 30 and 68 and must present a valid photo ID. If married, cohabitating or engaged, both individuals must be between the ages of 28-68 and must attend the presentation together and present a valid major credit card. No pre-paid cards accepted. Guest must have a valid credit card with an available line of credit to hold resort security deposit and taxes upon check-in. MANDATORY: If married or cohabiting, both parties must provide proof of matching addresses by either a valid photo identification or another form of government issued identification (Utility bill, Home/Car Insurance or bank statement – Any combination of these 4 items). Must have a verifiable annual household income of $50,000 USD for U.S. Citizens/Residents and $80,000 USD for Canadian and U.K. Citizens/Residents excluding any income derived from unemployment, alimony, child support, or disability. (Minimum requirement may be higher and other qualifications may vary, based on destination and season of travel). Upon arrival to the tour individuals must present a valid photo ID and a current major credit card. Persons who have toured the same local timeshare sponsor location within the past (12) months, or that have participated in a local timeshare sponsor’s discounted promotional offer requiring a tour two times or more are subject to a surcharge. Subject to the qualifications, this offer is available to citizens of the United States and/or in countries where registered. Tour date, time and/or location may be changed at the Resort’s discretion. Consumption or influence of alcohol is not permitted during the Preview Tour. You will be refused to tour without refund and subject to retail rates. Guests may not live within 60 miles of the tour location. All qualified participants must speak English fluently, if traveling to Orlando; English, Spanish, or Portuguese fluently.

Wow. Thank you so much for looking into this! To be honest, it didn't even cross my mind to look at the terms and conditions- which is just what they're hoping I'm sure. Thank you!

I tried to do Disney for one day with an infant, 3 year and a 5 year and two adults on the cheap. Granted it was right after Christmas and a long time ago. But it was totally not worth it. I even asked for my tickets to be refined because it was so crowded. It might be different now with all the technology now and a good plan. It also depends when she wants to go. Is it her first time?

Aww I'm sorry to hear your experience wasn't what you'd like it to be. I've been encouraging her to wait another year or two, especially because of the baby. I'll pass your advice along!
They went once before, a couple of years ago, when they just had 1 child.

I would avoid any of those "deals." They are not going to help.

Have your sister plan a real budget and then see if the undercover tourist ticket fall within her comfort level. A one day pass is expensive, but the two little ones will not require tickets, so that helps.

I agree. Thanks!

Hey all!

My cousin is taking her kids to see some family in FL and she's trying to swing a day at Disney. They will have at the time a 1 year old, a 2 year old, a 4 year old, and a 7 year old with just two adults. She's trying to find a way to make it work on a strict budget.

Where is the most reliable place to get the cheapest tickets?

She found tickets for $59 on new.orlandoparkdeals.com, but we just can't tell if that's a legit offer.

Do Legoland...she can get $35/person tickets (2017 Florida PTA - $10 to join, but not necessary) and the kids are in the "sweet spot" to enjoy that park...

She needs to plan on spending about $400 just on tickets for the two adults and two older kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter