1/8-1/14 ADR Help/Opionons please.

mouser_momof2

Mouseketeer
**I need opinions, not opionons LOL. Apparently I can't spell today- please forgive me.

Hi all! I haven't posted in about 2 years.... moved, had a baby- lots has gone on, but we are FINALLY going to the World when DH gets back from Iraq.

I am being very picky with my ADR's I guess, and can't make up my mind. Any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated-Thanks!

We are on the regular DP (paying oop for it).

Sunday 1/8- Check in day, Giordano's pizza off property for dinner- a DH must. Chip n Dale campfire thing at Ft. Wilderness if it's going on.

Monday 1/9- 1900 PF for dinner (booked this one based on recommendations from this board- opinion on changing it to Chef Mickey's? We had Chef Mickey's for dinner last trip, never been to 1900 PF)

Tuesday 1/10- Coral Reef for Dinner; again booked based on recommendations from here. Wanted Sc-fi but no early enough bookings. I am thinking about changing this one to Garden Grill or Biergarten based on others from here.... is the show/music whatever it is in Biergarten good? We had CS from here last trip and I remember it being OK.- any opinions either way?

Wednesday 1/11- This is going to be our "date night". We are going to hire a babysitter and go out for our 10th Anniversary (actually a week before we come down). This is where I am most torn :confused:

I first had Narcoossee's, then changed it based on reviews to Flying Fish (what it's at now). We will be paying OOP for this meal, so dining plan or no is of no consequence other than we don't want to have to go somewhere DH would have to wear a tie lol. I was thinking about Fulton's Crab House in Downtown Disney, but read mixed reviews. So, anyone have any reviews on Fulton's or any other option? This will be our first night out without the kids in over a year :eek:

Thursday 1/12- Crystal Palace for breakfast- can't help myself. I heard good things from my SIL who went last time, and I want the empty view of Mainstreet lol. We also have Tony's Town Square for dinner this evening. I would be open to changing Tony's to elsewhere I think.

Friday 1/13- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall for Dinner. I chose this one because it sounded good. Anyone have opinions of this one?

Saturday 1/14- O'hana for breakfast. This is our only repeat meal from last trip. The kids had a blast and I want our last Disney meal to be a good one.

Again thanks for the help!!!!

**I need opinions, not opionons LOL. Apparently I can't spell today- please forgive me.

Hi all! I haven't posted in about 2 years.... moved, had a baby- lots has gone on, but we are FINALLY going to the World when DH gets back from Iraq.

I am being very picky with my ADR's I guess, and can't make up my mind. Any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated-Thanks!

Sunday 1/8- Check in day, Giordano's pizza off property for dinner- a DH must. Chip n Dale campfire thing at Ft. Wilderness if it's going on.

Monday 1/9- 1900 PF for dinner (booked this one based on recommendations from this board- opinion on changing it to Chef Mickey's? We had Chef Mickey's for dinner last trip, never been to 1900 PF) Not sure what recommendations you've seen on this board but I hardly ever see a good review for this dinner. I personally had it booked just because the characters seem worth it but I don't think it'd be wroth it if you were going for the food. I'm not sure on Chef Mickey's either though since we only did breakfast there. :confused3

Tuesday 1/10- Coral Reef for Dinner; again booked based on recommendations from here. Wanted Sc-fi but no early enough bookings. I am thinking about changing this one to Garden Grill or Biergarten based on others from here.... is the show/music whatever it is in Biergarten good? We had CS from here last trip and I remember it being OK.- any opinions either way?Once again, I've seen more bad reviews than good for this one. I am going there in 2 weeks though for our trip and looking forward to it. I hope to have a good review :)

Wednesday 1/11- This is going to be our "date night". We are going to hire a babysitter and go out for our 10th Anniversary (actually a week before we come down). This is where I am most torn :confused:

I first had Narcoossee's, then changed it based on reviews to Flying Fish (what it's at now). We will be paying OOP for this meal, so dining plan or no is of no consequence other than we don't want to have to go somewhere DH would have to wear a tie lol. I was thinking about Fulton's Crab House in Downtown Disney, but read mixed reviews. So, anyone have any reviews on Fulton's or any other option? This will be our first night out without the kids in over a year :eek: I have Narcoossee's booked for our upcoming trip... I think it sounds excellent... but so does Flying Fish :)

Thursday 1/12- Crystal Palace for breakfast- can't help myself. I heard good things from my SIL who went last time, and I want the empty view of Mainstreet lol. We also have Tony's Town Square for dinner this evening. I would be open to changing Tony's to elsewhere I think. I think Liberty Tree Tavern has really good reviews and it looks like good food... Tony's gets mixed reviews. We did Crystal Palace for lunch last time and I hated it. There wasn't much to pick from for food and it was loud (we're not big Pooh fans either though) :confused3

Friday 1/13- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall for Dinner. I chose this one because it sounded good. Anyone have opinions of this one?Never been there... looks good though :)

Saturday 1/14- O'hana for breakfast. This is our only repeat meal from last trip. The kids had a blast and I want our last Disney meal to be a good one.I have this booked as well... the food doesn't look like anything special but I'm just excited to be going to "Ohana" :yay:

No problem :)

Monday 1/9- 1900 PF for dinner (booked this one based on recommendations from this board- opinion on changing it to Chef Mickey's? We had Chef Mickey's for dinner last trip, never been to 1900 PF)
Do 1900 PF over CM dinner. You did CM last year and know the deal, the interaction/show of 1900 PF should be more than worth the change. (Granted, I've never been to it, but I've been wanting to for the past couple of years).

Tuesday 1/10- Coral Reef for Dinner; again booked based on recommendations from here. Wanted Sc-fi but no early enough bookings. I am thinking about changing this one to Garden Grill or Biergarten based on others from here.... is the show/music whatever it is in Biergarten good? We had CS from here last trip and I remember it being OK.- any opinions either way?
Having never been to any of them and looking at menus, I'd stick to CR. Biergarten does have community seating as well, so unless your family takes up an entire table, you'll be sitting with others. Some really enjoy that, others, not so much.

GG is something that I also want to do, but haven't been able to look past the menu, it's just not my thing.

I first had Narcoossee's, then changed it based on reviews to Flying Fish (what it's at now). We will be paying OOP for this meal, so dining plan or no is of no consequence other than we don't want to have to go somewhere DH would have to wear a tie lol. I was thinking about Fulton's Crab House in Downtown Disney, but read mixed reviews. So, anyone have any reviews on Fulton's or any other option? This will be our first night out without the kids in over a year :eek:
Every restaurant will have mixed reviews (and not just at Disney!).

All of your choices will be good (yeah, I'm helpful aren't I?). It does sound like you're seafood people (based on the 3 that you mentioned), so FF or Fulton's should work out quite well. I know that TDC_Nala on here is a huge Fulton's fan, so she may be able to help guide you in that direction.

Thursday 1/12- Crystal Palace for breakfast- can't help myself. I heard good things from my SIL who went last time, and I want the empty view of Mainstreet lol. We also have Tony's Town Square for dinner this evening. I would be open to changing Tony's to elsewhere I think.
TBH, I <3 CP breakfast. I did it for the first time a few weeks ago, as a solo guy, and it was great. The food was pretty good, but the characters, even for a solo guy, were wonderful. The feeling of walking up Main St before everyone is also great (though, mine was tempered a bit by the 40th stuff, but that's ok).

Friday 1/13- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall for Dinner. I chose this one because it sounded good. Anyone have opinions of this one?
Never did dinner, but the character interaction is great. If the menu sounds good, then have a blast :).

Saturday 1/14- O'hana for breakfast. This is our only repeat meal from last trip. The kids had a blast and I want our last Disney meal to be a good one.
Sounds like a plan.

We'll be there at the same time. Our trip is from 1/5-1/11!

I've never been to 1900 PF. I've booked ADRs there before, but always end up canceling before the trip because the food does get negative reviews. Chef Mickey's is one of my kids' favorite places, but I think the food is just OK there too. Since you've been to Chef Mickey's I'd probably go with 1900 PF just because it's something new.

We've eaten at all three. We've been to Coral Reef twice. 1st time we had a table right by the tank and it was awesome. 2nd time our table was on the far side on the 2nd row. The meal wasn't near as enjoyable. It is really loud in there, but when we were next to the tank we didn't seem to notice. We enjoyed the food more the 1st time as well. I don't think we'll go back anytime soon. We've been to Biergarten once and my family loved it. Yummy pork and a fun atmosphere. We will definitely return. Garden Grill is one of my family's favorites. The characters are just awesome there and I love that we don't have to get up to schelp to the buffet. We didn't go here one trip and everyone really missed it. For my family we'd probably choose Garden Grill, but Biergarten is a very close 2nd.

I've never been to any of these, but we are trying Narcoossee's in January. I think you should think about what you want to do before/after dinner. Flying Fish is on the Boardwalk which is just a beautiful location in the evening. Narcoossee's is at the Grand Floridian and is a great place to watch the fireworks. And if you want to do some shopping Fulton's is great. For me I would choose either Flying Fish or Narcoossee's because the location seems much more romantic.

I love Crystal Palace breakfast! Just can't stay away. We're booked there in January. I've never been to Tony's, but the reviews are pretty mediocre. My favorite place in the Magic Kingdom is the Plaza. It is really simple food, but it has a great view of the castle. It's not the best deal on the dining plan though. My DH loves the food at Liberty Tree Tavern. I like their lunch menu better than dinner.

We haven't eaten here since 2006. I remember it being OK, but if you don't care about the princesses there are lots of places I would rather eat in the World Showcase.

I love this breakfast! I just love character meals that are served family style. Plus the yummy juice and the bread! I wish we were going here in January

Thanks for the input! I have changed a couple of ADR's around- but right at this second I couldn't tell you which ones.... It's been a long evening of child wrangling here.

I am working on a pre-trip report though, and putting in a mini report from last trip..... I'll finalize :rotfl: my ADR's before then. (that means I'll only change one or two more before we go LOL.)

I know though after reading a recent TR from someone and seeing pictures of the food at Coral Reef, I changed it.

Believe it or not from the date night restaurants I am NOT a big seafood person, but DH likes fish- he won't eat lobster or crab though. Says there is no point in eating something you have to put butter on to make it taste good- this from the man who puts ketchup on almost everything including my yummy home made pot roast:headache:.

The main seafood I eat is King or snow crab (living in AK spoiled me for it), Halibut and sometimes talapia if it's cooked right. I don't like a strong fish taste. I will eat scallops and mussels and such on occasion though. I picked Flying Fish because I have read several good reviews of the steak and I want to go to the boardwalk... I've heard good things about it but we never made it last trip.

Again thanks for the input! I appreciate it.

Thanks for the input! I have changed a couple of ADR's around- but right at this second I couldn't tell you which ones.... It's been a long evening of child wrangling here.

I am working on a pre-trip report though, and putting in a mini report from last trip..... I'll finalize :rotfl: my ADR's before then. (that means I'll only change one or two more before we go LOL.)

I know though after reading a recent TR from someone and seeing pictures of the food at Coral Reef, I changed it.

Believe it or not from the date night restaurants I am NOT a big seafood person, but DH likes fish- he won't eat lobster or crab though. Says there is no point in eating something you have to put butter on to make it taste good- this from the man who puts ketchup on almost everything including my yummy home made pot roast:headache:.

The main seafood I eat is King or snow crab (living in AK spoiled me for it), Halibut and sometimes talapia if it's cooked right. I don't like a strong fish taste. I will eat scallops and mussels and such on occasion though. I picked Flying Fish because I have read several good reviews of the steak and I want to go to the boardwalk... I've heard good things about it but we never made it last trip.

Again thanks for the input! I appreciate it.
The steak at Flying Fish IS good :) I know from experience! I just had it a couple weeks ago and it was one of the better ones (I don't eat fish or seafood at all, nor chicken, nor pork, etc). The boardwalk area, while I thought it wouldn't be for me, was really nice to meander around.

Even caught this nice scene there that night (erm, by night, I mean evening. My ADR was 5:30 when they opened, so this was at about 7pm in late September).

So, from me, as a non-fish eater at all. FF gets a thumbs up :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter