0-entry pool at Poly

uncspin

Mouseketeer
We found out on the last day of our 2007 vacation at the Poly that they have a 0-entry pool (I asked the CM if they had a pool lift and they said "no" but I didn't give him a chance to say anything else before hanging up the phone - the key is to ask the right question!). Anyway, my DH uses a wheelchair and is not able to easily transfer himself to the water wheelchair. Do you think a CM would stand close for the "just in case" situation (I can pick him up with no problems 99.8% of the time)? DH would love to get into the pool and just relax. Anyone had experience with this??

Disney CMs are prohibited from physically assisting a guest by lifting. The only thing we can do is hold a wheelchair to stabilize it or take emergency action to prevent injury. We are not allowed to provide lifting assistance even if requested by the Guest.

I would think surely there would be an adult by that would standby to help if needed. I know with my daughter we were offered tons of help at variou times. Typically we are fine. Tho its nice when ppl offer instead of staring.

I am sure someone will be closeby that would not mind at all.

Disney CMs are prohibited from physically assisting a guest by lifting. The only thing we can do is hold a wheelchair to stabilize it or take emergency action to prevent injury. We are not allowed to provide lifting assistance even if requested by the Guest.
Thanks! That is just the info that I needed. I was 99% sure that CMs wouldn't be able to actually lift my DH (I can do that). I just wanted to really be sure that they could 1) hold the chair and/or 2) help if he happened to slip.

Let's see, the other two Zero-Depth-Entry pools on-site at WDW would be Uzima Springs at Animal Kingdom Lodge (our fav') and Highrock Springs at Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa. We love for DS to be able to ride into the pool in the water wheelchair and be free from the trrany of gravity for a while (he likes it too). We're trying out SSR for a couple of days in February, so we'll try that one out; never tried the Volcano pool at Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter