“Don’t worry…October isn’t hot or crowded"- Mother & son 2-week trip *UPDATED 1-13-13

Hey, how are you liking the Canon t4i?

I have been having fun with it. Took a million photos during my DD ballet show. I have found I really think I need the bigger lens, though. The one it came with doesn't have enough zoom! :rotfl: Something to save for. I want to have it and a nice bag for it all before my summer vacation to WDW.;)

I have been having fun with it. Took a million photos during my DD ballet show. I have found I really think I need the bigger lens, though. The one it came with doesn't have enough zoom! :rotfl: Something to save for. I want to have it and a nice bag for it all before my summer vacation to WDW.;)

Ooh...ballet! Yay!! My daughters dance ballet. My oldest is looking for opportunities in the Lower 48.

How did the ballet show photos turn out? They can be a challenge because of the lighting. I was so bummed...I was all excited to use my new camera for the winter show, but the dance school used a new venue, and they had a strict "no photography allowed" rule. (Of course, that didn't stop a bunch of parents from taking photos and videos with their phones, but I sulked in my seat with my Canon t3i stuck in my bag.)

:(

I really enjoyed your trip report! Thanks for sharing and I took notes of that fruit/ Nutella waffle and am going to get one when we go next time!!

I also enjoy hearing about Alaska...another trip I want to take some day soon!

Ooh...ballet! Yay!! My daughters dance ballet. My oldest is looking for opportunities in the Lower 48.

How did the ballet show photos turn out? They can be a challenge because of the lighting. I was so bummed...I was all excited to use my new camera for the winter show, but the dance school used a new venue, and they had a strict "no photography allowed" rule. (Of course, that didn't stop a bunch of parents from taking photos and videos with their phones, but I sulked in my seat with my Canon t3i stuck in my bag.)

:(
Some of the photos turned out really well. Some of them, not so well. :thumbsup2 If you'd like to see them, please feel free to check them out here: http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/t...otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Some of the photos turned out really well. Some of them, not so well. :thumbsup2 If you'd like to see them, please feel free to check them out here: http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/t...otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Sorry it took me so long to respond...Life got pretty busy for awhile there.

I think your ballet photos turned out very nice. Your daughter looks beautiful, and like a very talented dancer!! Seems like she had quite a few costumes, too. And did I see different colored pointe shoes? Did you have to dye a pair of pointe shoes? My daughter had to do that for one number...they dyed an older pair. Dang, those things are expensive, aren't they?

Anyway, great job! :thumbsup2

Sorry it took me so long to respond...Life got pretty busy for awhile there.

I think your ballet photos turned out very nice. Your daughter looks beautiful, and like a very talented dancer!! Seems like she had quite a few costumes, too. And did I see different colored pointe shoes? Did you have to dye a pair of pointe shoes? My daughter had to do that for one number...they dyed an older pair. Dang, those things are expensive, aren't they?

Anyway, great job! :thumbsup2

Thank you. She really enjoys dance. She had 5 costume changes, and yes, 2 different pointe shoes. We used the spray fabric paint to dye the shoes (never supposed to dip dye pointe shoes as it damages the box). We used her older pair to dye. She goes through a pair of pointe shoes about every 6 weeks during a regular dance season (when there are no special performances approaching). The cost is crazy. I thought, when she made the decision to choose between dance or gymnastics, she chose the lesser of the two expensive options. Not so sure anymore! :upsidedow

All caught up.
Having a break from the parks is a great idea.
That line for the Jungle Cruise is crazy.
The dining did not sound like fun at Epcot and too bad about the camera situation.
OMG! The line for the bus is crazy.
I love Yak & Yeti.
Fantastic lion photos. I have yet to see them awake. Okay all the anima photos are great.
Great Fantasmic photos.
Nice souvenirs you got for the family.
Sad it is over.

That line for the Jungle Cruise is crazy.

Yeah, I thought so too.

The dining did not sound like fun at Epcot and too bad about the camera situation.

Well, to be fair, the hot dog thing was my own fault. I think I've been raised on "UN-authentic" hot dogs, because several others I've talked to think the ones in Germany are fantastic. And at least with the camera, it was only one evening's worth of photos lost...and a I did learn a valuable lesson (Gee, I sound like Mr. Brady!) about making sure you double-check your settings.

OMG! The line for the bus is crazy.

I know! I couldn't believe. I'm so glad we were on a long vacation, and could 'punt,' because if I had to endure those lines all day...I'd had gone crazy!

I love Yak & Yeti.

I'm so glad to hear that. That is the #1 restaurant I want to try on our next visit.

Fantastic lion photos. I have yet to see them awake. Okay all the anima photos are great.

Thank you. :goodvibes Kilimanjaro Safari is my very favorite attraction. I lost count how many times we went on it.

Great Fantasmic photos.

Thank you! I was kind of surprised they turned out because I...GASP!...left my camera on "Auto." I didn't feel confident enough as a new DSLR user to manually choose the settings myself, and I knew I only had one shot this trip.

Sad it is over.

I miss Disney so bad already. A 2-week+ vacation, and I still miss it very much. Can't wait for the next one!!

Thanks for reading my trip report, and all the kind comments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts