“cozy up to a bar”

DVC Grandpa

DVC Member
Can you “cozy up to a bar” and get a beer at the new MK establishment or are the drinks only allowed with your meal?

I'm not sure anyone knows for sure, but it sounds like dinner service only. But, Mizners is only a monorail ride away!

the CR/blt is a short walk away.

think the MK is still under Disney's order of no alcoholic drinks.

Nope no bars in MK. BOG will serve beer and wine at dinner only but no bar and no to go cups. If you want a bar, hop on the monorail and head for a resort.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Wow! I can't believe they are allowing wine and beer at BOG. Walt must be rolling over in his grave!

I'm sure there is just as much controversy over this within the Disney organization as there is outside. Be Our Guest is to be the speakeasy of the MK until the test is over and prohibition is lifted.

::yes:: Next thing you know they will be selling chewing gum...

I'm sure there is just as much controversy over this within the Disney organization as there is outside. Be Our Guest is to be the speakeasy of the MK until the test is over and prohibition is lifted.

I agree. I'm sure Disney expected to get some negative feedback. They'll probably gauge the level of "outrage" to determine how and when they might consider expanding the options.

As with any controversial situation those that are adamantly against come on strong and then the angst dies down once the world doesn't end. From other threads on the DIS it appears that the majority is in favor of the move but there are a vocal minority that sees it as an affront to Walts vision.

We need to keep in mind that the DIS represents the most fanatical of Disney fans and my guess is that the casual visitor wouldn't notice anything amiss even if they had a beer cart on Main Street. After all it's pretty much the norm at most entertainment venues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter