Zombie Apocalypse and Pixie Dust - A 2 week Disneymoon (PTR link 11/14)

It sounds like both you and Ron had a good time doing your separate things. You really lucked up with the short wait times for the characters. :thumbsup2 We saw the room with the Spirited Beasts this trip too. I wonder how long it's been there and we've walked right past it?

Day 12 part 6 – Viking Fashion
August 22nd, 2011

I've been dragging this thing out for way too long, so I'm posting two updates tonight. I had typed out all of my Epcot updates back in June, but gave birth before I could type out the last day and a half. I better get cracking on those! Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Once Ron and I got back together, it was close to 7pm. That meant that Innoventions was going to close soon, so we decided to give Sum Of All Thrills another shot. Good idea, as the line was super short!

DSC03977.jpg

I helped Ron design a ride with lots of loops.

DSC03974.jpg

Then I stepped outside and watched him go on it, as I feared it would give me motion sickness.

DSC03980.jpg

Here he is hanging upside-down.

DSC03982.jpg

DSC03983.jpg

His verdict? He loved it!

DSC03985.jpg

I took yet another monorail photo, because you can't have too many, right?

DSC03986.jpg

While in Innoventions we also signed up for another Kim Possible Mission. We asked for Norway, as it was the only country we had never done. We walked over there, and saved Norway from the evil Camille Leon.

DSC03989.jpg

DSC03990.jpg

DSC03994.jpg

We even appeared on the cover of a Viking Fashion magazine because we are just that cool. Not! LOL

DSC03988.jpg

We also fooled around in the gift shop.

DSC03995.jpg

DSC03996.jpg

DSC03997.jpg

We got to witness another beautiful sunset over the lagoon. This is yet another thing you can't have too many pictures of.

DSC03991.jpg

520.jpg

521.jpg

The only World Showcase movie we had not seen yet was “Reflections of China” so we went there next.

DSC03998.jpg

DSC03999.jpg

DSC04000.jpg

We took lots of pictures while waiting for the movie to begin.

DSC04001.jpg

DSC04002.jpg

DSC04003.jpg

DSC04004.jpg

DSC04005.jpg

It was a beautiful movie!

I really wanted to ride Test track in the dark. Would I get that chance?

Up Next, Will we finally get to watch Illuminations???

woot! looking forward to it! dont be stingy with baby pics either :D

I wasn't planning on posting more baby pictures for a while, but since you ask for it, I'll find some. :goodvibes

It's so good to see you posting again on the Dis. I agree with inkedupmomma, post all of the pictures of the baby you want. I, personally, love seeing them.

Fine, if you insist. Baby pictures coming right up! :cloud9:

It sounds like both you and Ron had a good time doing your separate things. You really lucked up with the short wait times for the characters. :thumbsup2 We saw the room with the Spirited Beasts this trip too. I wonder how long it's been there and we've walked right past it?

Before the trip began I had mentioned possibly splitting up a few times, but Ron was not too keen on the idea. After we did it once though, he realized it was not that bad. We had no trouble filling our time apart. Plus, it gave us something new to talk about when we met back up. :thumbsup2

I did luck out with the lines for the characters, which is good because that was my mission for the afternoon. In two trips though I have yet to meet Jasmine and Aladdin, so they'll be at the top of my must-see list next time. ::yes::

I'm pretty sure it was a different exhibition when we went back in 2009, but I have no idea when it actually started. I guess they don't change it too often... :confused3

Baby Pics!!

I've updated 3 times tonight (including this one), as well as posted a mini reply above my updates, so don't miss any. ;)

Since Jenn and Lisa asked for it, here are a few more photos of Peanut. I actually have not taken many photos this month, time to pick up the pace!

Sleeping on me, something that rarely ever happens anymore.

41-Claudia3mois.jpg

I use her Peanut plush toy as a "growth chart", so here she was at the three months mark.

42-Claudia3mois2.jpg

All nice and clean! She just discovered how much fun it can be to splash the water while taking a bath. We better move the tub to the bathroom if we don't want a flood in our kitchen... :lmao:

43-Claudia3mois6.jpg

A little artsy photo while she was playing on her play mat.

39-Claudia2mois5.jpg

Are you happy girls? :cutie:

Yay for short character lines! And glad you guys had fun on your separate activities. :goodvibes

And I agree about never seeing too many sunsets over the lagoon. It's always so beautiful.

Yes m'am, I'm very happy! The pictures of Peanut are absolutely adorable. I love her bright eyes.

Glad to be at your service. :wizard:

Yay for short character lines! And glad you guys had fun on your separate activities. :goodvibes

And I agree about never seeing too many sunsets over the lagoon. It's always so beautiful.

I'm not ready yet for a solo trip (not sure Ron would forgive me anyway ;)), but I did enjoy spending a couple of hours on my own and plan on repeating the experience next time.

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! I could eat her up! She is SO beautiful! How are you all adjusting to life with baby? Hows ron taking to it so many years after already having one? how is DDSD taking it? You?

Great updates! LOL at the norway pics :)

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! I could eat her up! She is SO beautiful! How are you all adjusting to life with baby? Hows ron taking to it so many years after already having one? how is DDSD taking it? You?

Great updates! LOL at the norway pics :)

Life with the baby is great! I really thought it would be harder. Granted, we got one easy baby. She sleeps from 7pm to 8am, only waking up twice to feed! And both times she's back in bed in 30 minutes. Plus, since I bottle-feed Ron takes one of the feeding, meaning both of us can sleep several consecutive hours. :cloud9: Now if only she would gain weight... she just barely reached the 9lbs, at 3 and a half months!!! Ron is really great at taking care of her and giving me some free time. He does have a bit of a problem getting away from his video game, but which man doesn't? :rotfl: DSD really was a great big sister during the summer, but now she's back home (her mom moved away to another province last spring) so the next we'll see her is Christmas. At least she gets to see her baby sister grow through Skype.

When Ron first went back to work (he stayed 8 WEEKS with me!:lovestruc) I didn't know what to do to "entertain" her all day, but now that she's finally getting some interests in toys, it's a lot more fun. And of course her smile just makes me melt. :cloud9:

Sorry for the rambling! How's the wedding planning going? I'm always happy when I see you've updated your PTR. :)

Great update!! LOVE the pictures of Peanut!! She is simply adorable and the picture of her sleeping was precious!
:)

Beautiful baby girl pictures! I'm with the others---keep 'em coming!! I love babies!

You had some great character luck, and that Belle that you met was GORGEOUS! One of the most perfect Belles I've seen.

Pretty pictures! I love your last monorail shot-it's a good one! :thumbsup2

Great update!! LOVE the pictures of Peanut!! She is simply adorable and the picture of her sleeping was precious!
:)

Thank you!!! :goodvibes

Beautiful baby girl pictures! I'm with the others---keep 'em coming!! I love babies!

You had some great character luck, and that Belle that you met was GORGEOUS! One of the most perfect Belles I've seen.

Pretty pictures! I love your last monorail shot-it's a good one! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I really have to take more photos of her though, I don't have much from this month.

That Belle really was gorgeous and perfect. princess: The Aurora I met just before looked a bit weird, and was not super interesting.:confused3

It took me all week, but I finally got a great monorail picture.

Day 12 part 7  Illuminations
August 22nd, 2011

In the last updates I forgot to include the few more pictures of the China pavilion that we took after we exited the movie.

DSC04006.jpg

DSC04007.jpg

DSC04008.jpg

DSC04009.jpg

As I said in my previous update, I really wanted to ride Test Track in the dark, and we still had one set of FPs. However, I also wanted to eat dinner. It was cutting too close to Illuminations to do both, so I chose food. I had been wanting to try the new Mexican counter-service, but I had just had a taco salad the night before so I was not in the mood for it. Instead, we went to Japan. Some pictures from our walk over there.

First, Germany:

DSC04010.jpg

Then Italy.

DSC04012.jpg

And finally, Japan.

DSC04014.jpg

I got chicken teriyaki, which was not very good. The pieces of chicken were too big and not that tasty. Disappointing.

We walked back to Italy and found a great spot on the bridge to watch Illuminations. Weve now watched Illuminations twice from that country, so I think next time we should try something new. I sat down to eat, while Ron took a couple of photos.

DSC04017.jpg

DSC04020.jpg

By the time I was ready to stand up a man was literally standing over me! Like, over my head. I couldn't get straight up without hitting him. I dont even understand why, the place was not packed at all and there were other spots available. Good thing I had left some space between Ron and me with our bags. I took a few pictures, but mostly just enjoyed the show.

DSC04024.jpg

DSC04026.jpg

DSC04027.jpg

DSC04028.jpg

This next picture is my FAVORITE!! I love that it captures so many different aspects of the show.

DSC04031.jpg

DSC04033.jpg

It was over all too soon. We slowly walked out of Epcot. I really wanted to soak in the atmosphere as much as possible. I feel at home in Epcot, and was sad to bid it farewell.

DSC04034.jpg

Ron was sad too.

DSC04035.jpg

Of course, we had to take a few more photopass pictures. Sad faces first.

Photo0880FourBySix.jpg

This one is another favorite of mine.

Photo0886EightByTen.jpg

We had to wait quite a while for a bus. We got to see the high fireworks from Wishes while waiting. At least we got lucky enough that we got to sit on the bus. We even got to see our previous home (from 2009), Aruba at the Caribbean Beach Resort, as our driver got confused and went to the wrong resort. LOL Not a big deal though, as its the neighboring resort.

As we were walking to our room we chatted with a guy who was enjoying the fresh air. Once in the room we did not even watched TV. I just tried to catch up in my journal, then we went straight to sleep.

CHARACTERS TODAY:
Daisy
Mickey (for the second time)
Minnie
Pluto
Donald Duck (for the second time)
Goofy
Belle (for the second time)
Marie
Sleeping Beauty

32 different characters to far
6 characters that we saw twice

Up Next, Did We Go To Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios For A Third Time On Our Last Day?

Yay for Illuminations! Since I got sick during my only Epcot day last trip I missed it, so it's been a few trips since I saw it. I'm looking forward to it on my next trip :goodvibes

Oh Illuminations, meh. But at least you enjoyed it, Epcot really does look nice at night I will not lie. I really have forgotten how beautiful it is at night. Awww you both look cute when you pull those sad faces!

Yay for Illuminations! Since I got sick during my only Epcot day last trip I missed it, so it's been a few trips since I saw it. I'm looking forward to it on my next trip :goodvibes

Hope you get the chance to see it next time. I thought with three Epcot days I'd see it multiple times, but it almost wasn't meant to be.

Oh Illuminations, meh. But at least you enjoyed it, Epcot really does look nice at night I will not lie. I really have forgotten how beautiful it is at night. Awww you both look cute when you pull those sad faces!

Illuminations is not my favorite night show, but I do like it a lot. World Showcase and Spaceship Earth are especially pretty all lit up at night.

I just LOVE Illuminations! Was there for the 30th Anniversary celebration this month and those fireworks were amazing!!!
Always so sad to be leaving a favorite park, especially when you aren't sure when you will be back.

I just LOVE Illuminations! Was there for the 30th Anniversary celebration this month and those fireworks were amazing!!!
Always so sad to be leaving a favorite park, especially when you aren't sure when you will be back.

That's so cool that you were there for the 30th Anniversary of Epcot! I'd love to see Illuminations (or Wishes) when they have the special endings, like during the holidays.

It really is extra sad to leave when you don't know when you'll be back. We'll probably never have the chance to book a bounce back trip. :sad1:

I've been reading your trip report all week and just wanted to let you know how much I have been enjoying it. Looks like you guys had an awesome time!

Congratulations on your little Claudia and please accept my condolences regarding your mother.

I've been reading your trip report all week and just wanted to let you know how much I have been enjoying it. Looks like you guys had an awesome time!

Congratulations on your little Claudia and please accept my condolences regarding your mother.

:welcome: Thanks, and thanks. I'm glad you are enjoying my TR! :thumbsup2
There's only one full day left. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter