• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zombie Apocalypse and Pixie Dust - A 2 week Disneymoon (PTR link 11/14)

I love your monorail pictures! I always get excited when I'm in Epcot and the monorail comes though! :woohoo:

I'm sorry the nausea has returned! Hopefully once your body gets adjusted to being on the medicine again, you'll feel better! :goodvibes

BABY Update

So we finally made our third big baby purchase! I'd been pestering Ron for a while now, but he'd always reply "we have time!". Hum, we only have 3 and a half months left now, and it can take up to 2 months for furniture to be delivered, so we are kinda running out of time.

The shopping was not without its share of tears. Ron visited a liquidation place for a regular furniture store and saw these full (adult) bedroom sets for 800$. He thought we could just keep the bedside tables for ourselves, and give the dressers to the baby. While I have no problem with buying adult dressers for a kid (we want it to last through teenage years), I did not feel comfortable getting something so "cheap". I preferred to pay the same price, but for two pieces instead of 6. Eventually, I won! :cool1:

We both did a few stores separately on Friday, but I just could not find anything I liked. I think it was mostly due to knowing Ron was not happy about it. Saturday we started out checking a few of the stores I ahd checked out, but Ron was soooooo grumpy. I was ready to go home, and cried, but thankfully he changed his attitude and was in a much better mood in the last store. This allowed me to find two sets I liked.

This first one was my favorite style wise.

Milano_5_Drawer__4e4e7568ccea3.jpg

Milano_Combo_Dre_4edee467ab19f.jpg

Unfortunately, what they were selling was the floor model and it was a reddish wood. I checked with the paint chip I had in my purse, and it did NOT look good. So instead I went with this set, in a dark brown:

Hampton_5_Drawer_4e3b1a4a794b4.jpg

Hampton_Combo_Dr_4e3b17673dbd8.jpg

While at the store we also got a glider (new version of rocking chairs). That was the one purchase that Ron was excited about, so I let him choose whatever he wanted, at whatever price. He picked this one:

dutailier_stock_854.jpg

It's super comfortable, and wide enough that it should get plenty of use for years to come, even when the children get bigger. I love it!

While at the store we also got the car seat to go with our stroller, which my mom has generously offered to pay.

maxi-cosimicocarseat.jpg

Out of all our purchases, the glider was the only thing that was over my set budget. But since I was so happy to see Ron being excited about ONE THING, I did not say a word and just smiled as I paid. :goodvibes

Oh, and to finish, here is a picture of my bump about a week ago, at 25 weeks.

BumpMarch6-25weeks.jpg

Day 8 part 6 - Mexican Donald Gets Ron On His Knees
August 18th, 2011

Don't miss my Baby Update just above, and my previous Epcot update a few days ago.

After I got my monorail picture, we walked to World Showcase, starting with Mexico. We don't go in this time, and instead get in line to meet Mexican Donald. Remember what I said about going to WS now since it was cooler? I was wrong. It was HOT!!!! Luckily the line is not too long and we are in the shade.

Donald has to take a water break right before our turn, so we passed the time by chatting with a family behind us. The girl is a fellow teacher, so we share our complaints about the teacher schedule and not being able to visit Disney during the cooler, less crowded months. The only time she ever got to do Food & Wine was while on maternity leave, with an 8 months baby. I'm thinking it might be my only chance as well, but not this time as Peanut will be still too young in the fall. I should plan better for baby #2. LOL The lady was also super lucky and did the college program 4 times. She even got to be in the park when the clock stroke midnight for Y2K! Oh how I wish I knew about the college program back when I was still in school!

Donald came back and we went up to him. He gave me kisses, and Ron told him "I know everyone says Mickey is "the man", but I think you rock!" This of course made Donald very happy. He signed my autograph book.

Photo0373FourBySix.jpg

Then he noticed that we were newlyweds, so he made Ron get down on one knee and "propose" to me. So sweet!

Photo0376FourBySix.jpg

Photo0384FourBySix.jpg

We take a formal picture, then are on our way. Yes, I know, these next two pictures are the same, just different format. But that's how much we loved Mexican Donald!

Photo0385FourBySix.jpg

Photo0388FourBySix.jpg

We leave Mexico and enter Norway. Isn't it great how fast you can travel from country to country in Epcot?

DSC03572.jpg

DSC03573.jpg

We get FPs for Maelstrom and a pass to do a Kim Possible Mission.

DSC03574.jpg

DSC03575.jpg

Then we continue on our journey and enter China.

DSC03576.jpg

I like this cool rock.

DSC03577.jpg

Ron gets a Mango Green Tea Ice Slush and an egg roll while I get in line to meet Mulan. I want to hand the camera to Ron so he can take a picture of me and Mulan, but he refuses as he says he's busy eating/drinking. The character handlers jokes with me that her mother always said men can't do two things at once, and she's starting to believe it. Hahaha. So she offers to take my picture instead. At this point it was so HOT that I was sweating like crazy. Seriously, I rarely ever sweat, yet that time I had drops literally rolling down my back! I felt so bad for Mulan, who put her hand there for the picture.

DSC03578.jpg

I'm not exactly sure where, but we got some more Photopass photos. Such a lovely view, with Mexico and Spaceship Earth in the background. Again, this deserves several photos.

Photo0395FourBySix.jpg

Photo0394FourBySix.jpg

Photo0397FourBySix.jpg

Photo0402FourBySix.jpg

Our Kim Possible mission sent us to Germany, so that's where we headed, passing by the African Outpost along the way.

DSC03579.jpg

I was dying to check out that new Karamel shop in Germany. I had set my sights on caramel popcorn ever since I had read about it on the Dis, but once inside I was sidetracked by all the wonderful choices that were offered to me.

DSC03588.jpg

DSC03580.jpg

I ended up with a dark chocolate caramel with sea salt. While it was good, I think the caramel popcorn would have been better. Ron gets a beer, then we help rid Germany of a villain. All the while taking pictures, of course.

DSC03581.jpg

DSC03585.jpg

DSC03586.jpg

I love how KP forces you to go inside each pavilion, and even inside stores. It really helps me notice all the beautiful details.

DSC03582.jpg

DSC03584.jpg

DSC03587.jpg

We just saved the world again, so let's stop here for today.

Up Next, Wasn't It Sunny Not Too Long Ago?

Sorry you're not feeling well. Hopefully, the pills kick in soon for your nausea. As far as the headaches, I have yet to find a good pain releiver that is safe for a pregnant/nursing mother. Good luck with that. Glad you got your baby shopping done. My cousin had a baby boy today, and it is my niece's birthday. It's all about the kids today.

Ah Donald made you and Ron propose? Awesome! I met Mexican Donald inside the pavilion though to be fair it was starting to rain. So Donald moved inside by the fountain. Which was awesome. And I know I'm harping on my TR and I'm sounding like a boring naggy housewife but have you read it yet?

Hope you're feeling better soon!!

Very nice furniture, I'm glad that you and Ron got it all chosen with no bloodshed :lmao:

How cute is Mexican Donald?? Love the pics.

KP missions look like lots of fun. We may have to try one out with DD next trip! (especially if TT is going to be refurbed :scared1:)

I met Mexican Donald inside the pavilion though to be fair it was starting to rain. So Donald moved inside by the fountain. Which was awesome. And I know I'm harping on my TR and I'm sounding like a boring naggy housewife but have you read it yet?

I remember Mexico was one of the few things you liked about Epoct, Joseph. You'll get your redemption. Don't worry.

Mel,
You weren't kidding about Mexican Donald. It looks like you two had a lot of fun with him. I cannot wait to try Kimpossible. It looks like so much fun. When you take Claudia next trip, you should do the Kidcot stops. She'll probably sleep through half of them, but you can save the stamps and/or passport forever. It is really cute and also takes you through each country.

Hey! Sorry you haven't been feeling well at all. The nausea is just the worst! :sick: Hope you feel better soon.

Love the Mexican Donald pictures! So cute that Ron proposed again:goodvibes

Shopping for baby furniture is tough! I am glad you found something you liked. Your glider looks like mine, which I still have. It sits in my bedroom now and I still sit in it sometimes. For some reason, I just can't bear to get rid of it. I think because it just holds such sweet memories of me and my 2 babies, alone, in the middle of the night.:lovestruc

Sadly I don't think the Caramel shop lives up to the hype. A big majority of people seem to be disapointed with whatever they get.

Great pic of the 2 of you pretend sleeping and that is one of my fav rides in epcot and great pics also at the aquarium

Love the pictures of the 3 of you and was it fun doing the KP...always wanted to do that but thought it might be to girly or kinda lame

So fun! Congrats on the baby.

Don't feel bad about getting ready for baby early. All I wanted to do second trimester was baby stuff, but I felt silly doing it so early, and my husband was really busy with work. I put it off a bit, and now I am 34 weeks and have NO energy. I think my body went into nesting mode early, bc it knew it wouldn't feel like it later. I was washing all of our little baby girl clothes last night and all of the bending over sorting the laundry made me feel like she was going to pop out right there!

Again with the falling behind!!

I still have yet to go on Spaceship earth! It's on my to do list for April! That's for sure, along with just exploring more in Epcot, there's always so much to do that I feel gets missed out on!

Love the updates! You guys got some great shots around WS! Also, I love all the new baby furniture! Yay!

Yay, glad you finally got to buy some furniture for the baby! :cool1:

I love Mexican Donald too! Regular Donald is ok, but Mexican Donald just so much fun!

I really need to do a KP mission in May, have you heard this summer it will be a Phineas and Ferb mission now?

I love your monorail pictures! I always get excited when I'm in Epcot and the monorail comes though! :woohoo:

I'm sorry the nausea has returned! Hopefully once your body gets adjusted to being on the medicine again, you'll feel better! :goodvibes

I love when the monorail comes too, but last trip we never seemed to catch it. That's why I made it a point to wait for it.

Thanks. I do feel better now than last weekend, though not as good as I was all winter. Third trimester is just around the corner and I can feel it! It's all good though, and I LOVE seeing my belly grow. :goodvibes

Sorry you're not feeling well. Hopefully, the pills kick in soon for your nausea. As far as the headaches, I have yet to find a good pain releiver that is safe for a pregnant/nursing mother. Good luck with that. Glad you got your baby shopping done. My cousin had a baby boy today, and it is my niece's birthday. It's all about the kids today.

The headaches went away as soon as I started taking the pills again, so that's a good thing. The nausea is mostly kept at bay, though there are still times I feel icky. Nothing too bad, thankfully.

Congrats to your cousin and happy belated birthday to your niece!

Ah Donald made you and Ron propose? Awesome! I met Mexican Donald inside the pavilion though to be fair it was starting to rain. So Donald moved inside by the fountain. Which was awesome. And I know I'm harping on my TR and I'm sounding like a boring naggy housewife but have you read it yet?

Donald was by far one of our best character interaction of the trip. We laughed a lot in his company, as at first I thought he wanted both of us to kneel down. :rotfl2: I'm glad you had a great time with Donald as well. I didn't know characters moved inside when it rains at Epcot. I just thought they didn't show up. Wish I had known that for my third Epcot day...

I read the first day of your TR last week and commented on it, but then the next day I was hit with this darn nausea again. Being on the computer just made it worse, so I tried to just do quick catch ups on current TR with no comments. And I've barely been on this week. But I'll get to it. :)

Hope you're feeling better soon!!

Very nice furniture, I'm glad that you and Ron got it all chosen with no bloodshed :lmao:

How cute is Mexican Donald?? Love the pics.

KP missions look like lots of fun. We may have to try one out with DD next trip! (especially if TT is going to be refurbed :scared1:)

I'm feeling better, thanks! Not 100%, but hey, what else can I expect from the 3rd trimester anyway? Overall, besides last weekend, I have to say I've had it pretty good. Well, except this big rib pain when I sit for too long...

:rotfl2: Yes, good thing we managed to buy the furniture without killing each other. Our funk lasted for a few more days after, but thankfully we are back on good terms. :lovestruc

Ron wasn't lying when he told Donald he was #1. He was by far one of the best character we met!

I have no idea how younger children enjoy KP, but it's worth a try for sure! As for TT, that just gives you a reason to come back. ;)

I remember Mexico was one of the few things you liked about Epoct, Joseph. You'll get your redemption. Don't worry.

Mel,
You weren't kidding about Mexican Donald. It looks like you two had a lot of fun with him. I cannot wait to try Kimpossible. It looks like so much fun. When you take Claudia next trip, you should do the Kidcot stops. She'll probably sleep through half of them, but you can save the stamps and/or passport forever. It is really cute and also takes you through each country.

Not only did we have fun with Mexican Donald and got some great photos out of it, but we also had a nice time interacting with the other family in line. :thumbsup2

Xander might still be a little too young to enjoy Kim Possible, but it doesn't take that long to do one mission so it's definitely worth a try! If anything, at least you'll enjoy it. :)

I just saw your update with the Kidcot stations, looks fun! We may skip it next trip as Claudia will be really young and it'll be a shorter trip, but for sure we'll do it the following trip.

Hey! Sorry you haven't been feeling well at all. The nausea is just the worst! :sick: Hope you feel better soon.

Love the Mexican Donald pictures! So cute that Ron proposed again:goodvibes

Shopping for baby furniture is tough! I am glad you found something you liked. Your glider looks like mine, which I still have. It sits in my bedroom now and I still sit in it sometimes. For some reason, I just can't bear to get rid of it. I think because it just holds such sweet memories of me and my 2 babies, alone, in the middle of the night.:lovestruc

I can deal with headaches, or regular back pain, but nausea just knocks me out. So glad it's (mostly) gone! (thanks to the pills).

The "proposal" picture is the kind of interaction that is just "extra" and that you can't really ask for, but am so glad we got it! We'll remember Mexican Donald for a long time. :goodvibes

Awww, sweet! I hope to make some good memories of my own in our glider. :cloud9: And I feel so relieved to have finally found our furniture. Now if only we could get rid of the old furniture...

Sadly I don't think the Caramel shop lives up to the hype. A big majority of people seem to be disapointed with whatever they get.

It's really too bad, as the idea of a caramel shop is just so yummy! It really did smell good in there, and I have heard good reviews of the caramel popcorn, so I want to give it a try. popcorn:: But overall, I'm more of a chocolate kind of girl.

Great pic of the 2 of you pretend sleeping and that is one of my fav rides in epcot and great pics also at the aquarium

Thanks! Though Test Track is not my favorite, I do enjoy it a lot.

Love the pictures of the 3 of you and was it fun doing the KP...always wanted to do that but thought it might be to girly or kinda lame

Did you mean the 2 of us? Because I looked and I can't find who this third person you are talking about. :lmao: But thanks, those are great PP shots of us and World Showcase. :goodvibes

As for KP, seeing as in 2009 we did 3 missions, and this time we redid those three countries as well as every other country that offers a mission, I'd say it receives two thumbs up from us. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 It is not girly at all. The little story line and mini videos on the kimmunicator (cell phone) between each clue are a bit simple and not *that* interesting, but the walking all over a country looking for clues and seeing all the interactive stuff that you can activate with the cell are great! You get to see parts of World Showcase you would have never noticed before. For example, in UK we had to go to a window that is WAY in the back of the pavilion, where basically nobody steps foot. Fun! :cutie:

So fun! Congrats on the baby.

Don't feel bad about getting ready for baby early. All I wanted to do second trimester was baby stuff, but I felt silly doing it so early, and my husband was really busy with work. I put it off a bit, and now I am 34 weeks and have NO energy. I think my body went into nesting mode early, bc it knew it wouldn't feel like it later. I was washing all of our little baby girl clothes last night and all of the bending over sorting the laundry made me feel like she was going to pop out right there!

Thanks, :welcome: , and congrats on your pregnancy! Is this your first baby? Do you have a name picked out yet? Though I've been all about the baby shopping this 2nd trimester, I can't say I've been hit by the nesting bug yet. I wish (hope) it will hit me soon though, so I can truly get ready for baby with all the cleaning and prepping the room. So far all we've done is buy stuff, then pile it in the future nursery.

Again with the falling behind!!

I still have yet to go on Spaceship earth! It's on my to do list for April! That's for sure, along with just exploring more in Epcot, there's always so much to do that I feel gets missed out on!

Love the updates! You guys got some great shots around WS! Also, I love all the new baby furniture! Yay!

You haven't gone on Spaceship Earth yet?!? :scared1: I really hope you don't miss it next time. It's not a thrill ride by any stretch, but it's so calming and the video at the end is really funny. :cutie: And yes, Epcot has so much to offer. That's why we planned on 3 days there, and even then we missed out on a few things.

It's easy to get good shots with such a beautiful place like WS, but thanks.

I love the baby furniture we got as well. :goodvibes

Yay, glad you finally got to buy some furniture for the baby! :cool1:

I love Mexican Donald too! Regular Donald is ok, but Mexican Donald just so much fun!

I really need to do a KP mission in May, have you heard this summer it will be a Phineas and Ferb mission now?

I'm so relieved to officially have our baby furniture yet. Though it's a bit sad that I'm mostly done with the baby shopping, at least until the baby shower (early May). Oh well. :)

I'm a big fan of all things latino, Carribean, Mexican, etc., so it's only fitting that Mexican Donald is one of the best. His fiesta personality is fun! :cool1:

Yes, we have heard about the switch from KP to Phineas and Ferb. It does make sense, as P&F are much more popular and current than Kim Possible. Plus, from what I understand most of the interactive stuff will remain the same, it's just the back story that will change. I'm not worried about it at all, I think the fun factor will remain. Plus, having a new story will just make it that much more "re-doable" for us. Hope you get to do a KP mission in May! They usually assign you a random country, but you can also request one (or request to avoid one) if you want. So you could either choose a country you like a lot, or one you feel you haven't explored enough yet. :goodvibes

Day 8 part 7 - The Skies Open Up
August 18th, 2011

After saving Germany from a villain, we keep walking around World Showcase. We had already visited quite a bit on our first Epcot day, and it was really hot, so we didn't really stop anywhere.

In Japan we noticed that though Yakitori House was closed for refurb, you could get the same meals at a little booth. Would have been nice to know on our previous day, but oh well. Please notice the beautiful blue sky.

DSC03590.jpg

The only other pictures I have of our walk through World Showcase are from this little beach in Canada.

Lots of birds!

DSC03591.jpg

DSC03592.jpg

DSC03593.jpg

DSC03594.jpg

We had Fastpasses to use, so we went back to Future World. We're lucky enough to see the monorail again, so I snapped a couple of shots.

DSC03595.jpg

DSC03596.jpg

We got to The Land by about 6:15pm. First we used our FPs for Soarin, which was fun, as always. Then we have time for one ride on Living With the Land before it closes for the night.

Ron pretends we're on a big thrilling roller coaster.

DSC03598.jpg

As you can see, we have almost the entire boat to ourselves!

DSC03599.jpg

DSC03600.jpg

DSC03601.jpg

When we got to the greenhouse part we noticed it looked very grey outside. At first I thought it was just condensation, but then we saw a lightning and heard thunder. Great. NOT! Remember the beautiful blue sky? Guess it went away very quickly.

After our ride I wanted to put on our rain coats, but Ron looked outside and said it wasn't raining yet. So we started walking towards the central plaza of Future World. We soon felt a little drizzle, and within seconds the sky opened up and dropped buckets of water on us. We ran to the covered section between Innoventions and Character Spots. This is what it looked like out there:

369.jpg

370.jpg

371.jpg

It would have been a great time to visit Innoventions, but it had just closed for the night. We waited a while for the rain to slow down. While waiting I took a couple of pictures of the crowd huddled under the other covered section across the way, and the few brave souls who walked under the rain.

373.jpg

374.jpg

I also got to take even more monorail pictures, though they really aren't that great.

375.jpg

376.jpg

Despite us waiting quite a while, the rain did not slow down at all. So, what to do now?

Up Next, Will We Miss Illuminations Again?!

I will do Spaceship earth in April! I pinky promise! :rotfl:
And WOW the rain! We got caught in some crazy rain in Epcot in Sept, but having lived in Vancouver, it really wasn't all that wild, but your guyses rain storm...that's intense!!

All caught up on the last couple of updates! Love all of the baby buys and the baby bump! So excited to finally see it! ;)

Awww, Mexican Donald is so cute! That's one of my favorite "specialty" outfits for the characters. I bet he loved Ron bragging on him! :laughing:

Oh no! I'm sorry the skies opened up like that! Isn't Florida weather crazy?! One minute it's beautiful, and the next...:scared1:

So funny seeing everyone huddled together like that! I've never been during the summer, only February and December so not too many flash floods =P I guess when we are there in September we'll have that to look forward to!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter