Ziplocs and Packing

Nana2Callie

DIS Veteran
Love the idea and tried packing all of our outfits in the ziplocs as recommended here. They took up so much less space - awesome. My only question is - will they wrinkle? Do I need to unpack them as soon as arrive or will they be okay bagged until the day we need that outfit? Thanks,

Curious how this makes clothes take up less space. :confused3

Yes it can wrinkle clothes depending on the type fabric and how much air you squeeze out of the ziplock. (That is how they save space, btw) Great organizers, too! I would hang up any impotant wrinkled items when you arrive. We usually unpack completely, but we are now only 2. :)

I use ziplock bags to pack all the time. I take them out hang them up and but them in the bathroom while running hot water. That will steam the winkles out.

Use Downy Wrinkle Release to get the wrinkles out. Just spray and go! You can make your own to save money, just google the recipe. I rarely use an iron at home anymore because it works so well.

When I vacation I take the next days outfit out the night before. If it has wrinkles I give it a light spray with water and hang it up. The next morning it's dry and wrinkle free! I just have to make sure to pack an empty spray bottle :)

I packed my kids clothes last night with the ziploc bag method. I was skeptical, but it was amazing. Not only does it seem to save at least a bit of space, but I won't need to dig through everything to find a particular item.

I'm not too worried about wrinkles since we can steam out in the bathroom like a pp mentioned, but I bet that the Florida humidity will take care of it pretty quick either way. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter