Ziplock Bag Autograph Book?

ethanwa

Disney Superfan
I've always wanted to get character autographs on our photos but, unless I carried a Polaroid camera with us, it's not going to happen.

I had this thought to make a ziplock bag book, have characters sign with a metallic sharpie marker then, at home, I can insert a printed photo in the baggie and voilà, the autographs are now on the photos...

My other thought was to have characters sign our iPhone/iPad with a stylus. But that might be difficult for those who wear gloves.

I think it might be hard for the characters to sign this type of book as the pages are just flimsy. I guess you might be able to have the ziplock bags not made into a book yet and have them sign the bags (with a board or something under it for stability).

I wouldn't think they would be able to sign with a stylus either - too hard for their hands.

Wouldn't it just be easier to use character photos from past trips to make a photobook to take along for this one? I use Snapfish flip books with Photoshop-designed pages as an autograph book for my youngest. The spiral-bound design makes them easy for the characters to handle and they're sturdy enough to survive 10 months of frequent browsing by a 3yo. I think my next one will be a scrapbook of sorts using pictures of all three kids with the characters over the years, to be a keepsake for me rather than another one for DD to add to her own bookshelf.

Why not just have them sign the plastic sleeves of a small photo album that doesn't have the photos inside? Same concept, right? But more durable. I believe at the parks they have autograph books that are larger than the normal ones that have space for signing and a photo.

I agree with the pp that signing ziplocks will be difficult as those are somewhat slippery and may move around while they are trying to sign.

I liked the idea of signing the empty autograph book sleeves, that could work but I wonder if the autographs would rub off if you look through it often. Another option is transparencies. You can buy them in any office supply store and cut to size and then they can slide in over your pictures.

What we've done in the past though that's worked well is used index cards. We printed up some fun designs on them (or you can use stickers etc to decorate them) and then place it on or opposite the page of the photograph of the kids with the character. We stored them in a ziplock while at the parks so they stayed dry and it was easy to manage and fun to put together once home.

autograph_book.jpg

Thanks for your tips! I have transparent page protectors that are stiffer but I think we'll go with signing cards that I can just glue in their journals with the pictures.

I don't want them to sign previous photos 'cause the autographs are from this trip, not those. You know?

I made a BUNCH of autograph books for my kids, my nieces and nephews and some friends when we all went down together! it is very simple. Go to the Creative Disign part of this board! (IT IS AWSOME!) Under that thread, look for autograph pictures. I Saved a BUNCH of character "autograph pictures" on my computer. which is basically a picture of each character. Then I Sent them off to my local picture developer. (walmart) I Got a bunch of 4x6 pictures of the characters that I made into individual books for each of the kids. They carried those around with them and got the characters to sign them with a sharpie marker! it was AWSOME! and They Worked great! and each kid was sooo happy to look through their own book of all the characters. It was Cost effective too. :goodvibes because alot of these photo place have great deals on prints. I think I got a deal of less then 8 cents a photo. I put together 8 "autograph books" I probably paid around 20$ :) hope you find this helpful! :thumbsup2

I really like the index card idea and making them part of our photo album afterwards. I just wonder though did you find managing all those cards awkward? Do you bring something stiff to place behind the card for stability while the character is signing?
I think this would be a great way to keep the magic going once we are home and hit the post vacation blues.

I really like the index card idea and making them part of our photo album afterwards. I just wonder though did you find managing all those cards awkward? Do you bring something stiff to place behind the card for stability while the character is signing?
I think this would be a great way to keep the magic going once we are home and hit the post vacation blues.

I used ring bound index cards. If you want to print designs on them, you just unbind them, print them, and then re-bind them. It keeps them all together and makes it easy for the characters to sign.

I bought a very cool looking journal at a bookstore that looks like a story book. Every character gets a page and then their picture goes on the page when I get it. It has a ribbon bookmark, it's bound and embossed and the edges have gold foil on them. It'll be our own personal storybook from our vacation!

We brought maybe 20 cards a day with us to the parks (never needed that many) and used a big black binder clip to secure them all together. No holes after from ring binding, and as they were signed left them un clipped and in the bag. The stack of cards was firm enough for the signatures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter