Zip-ah-de-doo-da, Zip-ah-dee-EH! Two Canadians Visit WDW for the 1st Time - COMPLETE!

Following along! Loving your TR so far :goodvibes I have a trip set for January of 2017 so I'm loving to see how the crowds look!

So glad you were able to fit in some AK time and that you got a second chance to enjoy it. It really is a beautiful park.
Totally agree with you regarding the Dinosaur ride. Actually that whole area was my least favorite, well except for Goofy and Pluto

Another day when we were at the same park and didn't see each other! But we were kinda rushing through the park that day, so I probably wouldn't have noticed you even if we crossed paths.

Haha, of course we were in the same park that day too! Next time we're there at the same time, we have to actually make plans!

Following along! Loving your TR so far :goodvibes I have a trip set for January of 2017 so I'm loving to see how the crowds look!

Thanks for reading! What are the dates of your January trip? We're heading back again for Marathon Weekend :)

So glad you were able to fit in some AK time and that you got a second chance to enjoy it. It really is a beautiful park.
Totally agree with you regarding the Dinosaur ride. Actually that whole area was my least favorite, well except for Goofy and Pluto

I love Animal Kingdom so much :love:. I'm so glad we were able to get back there to make up the time from me getting sick. We even planned for two AK days on our next trip, since we still haven't made it out to Rafiki's Planet Watch.

Day Eight - Part Two - January 12, 2016

As I mentioned in my last post, our meal was really disappointing, but the seating area was really nice! There was a cute little water feature which had a bunch of birds bathing.

After eating our bad food, we were within our window for our 2nd FP+ - on the safari! I took so many pictures this time!

After exiting our safari vehicle, we decided to walk the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail - we really wanted to see the naked mole rats! :love: The gorillas were also pretty cute...

After finishing the walking trail, we checked on the time and realized a showing of The Festival of the Lion King would be starting right away. We rushed over there, and made it into the building before they closed the doors. Our seats weren't the greatest, but that show is so good! Sorry I have no pictures, I put my camera away and just enjoyed the show. I think we are going to use a Fastpass on this show on our next trip, we enjoyed it that much!

It was our last day in a Disney park, so Luke decided to grab his last Dole Whip of the trip - with a shot of coconut rum.

While he was waiting for his Dole Whip, one of the Cast Members came over and noticed my birthday pin that I was wearing. She asked me if today was my birthday, but I responded with "It's my Birthday Eve!" (which was true, my birthday is January 13th). She smiled, told me to wait a minute and came back over with something on a plate. She told me she was allowed to give out a few of these each day to help people celebrate, and she wanted to give one to me. I had no idea what she was trying to give me at first, but once I saw it I thanked her so many times! Look at how awesome this looks:

It was an elephant ear! What a great little dose of Disney Magic on our last day :) I was so happy after that, that CM's small gesture just made my day! We took our snacks and found a picnic table to sit down that was a really nice quiet little spot. We sat for awhile, enjoying our treats and watching all the ducks walking around.

It was an elephant ear! What a great little dose of Disney Magic on our last day :) I was so happy after that, that CM's small gesture just made my day! We took our snacks and found a picnic table to sit down that was a really nice quiet little spot. We sat for awhile, enjoying our treats and watching all the ducks walking around.
It's great that Disney does things like that. About 6 years ago I was in MK for my birthday and I got a free brownie sundae in Fantasyland. It was unexpected, but very nice to receive it.

I'm glad you guys got to go back and spend more time at AK. I'm always sad we don't spend more time there and am hoping to go more than usual next month :) It's like we cheat ourselves out of enough time in that park because we don't slow down enough!

Awesome birthday-eve pixie dust pixiedust: I love those small random acts, it's what makes Disney special!

I love when CM's do a little extra to help celebrate and spread the magic. I love that it's always so unexpected and just a sincere gesture. Glad some extra pixie dust was sprinkled on you to help you celebrate your Birthday Eve!

Was the elephant ear good? It looks delish! So nice that you were given it for your birthday!!!! :genie:

I LOVE THAT BABY GORILLA! so so so so so cute. I can't get over it. I want to squeeze him/her? so badly!

Also - so nice that you only had to spend $10 for the extra day! They make it so easy to stay longer :love:

It's great that Disney does things like that. About 6 years ago I was in MK for my birthday and I got a free brownie sundae in Fantasyland. It was unexpected, but very nice to receive it.

I know! I wasn't expecting anything by wearing my birthday pin, but I was so excited when the CM gave me that elephant ear!

I'm glad you guys got to go back and spend more time at AK. I'm always sad we don't spend more time there and am hoping to go more than usual next month :) It's like we cheat ourselves out of enough time in that park because we don't slow down enough!

The more I think about it, the more I realize AK is my favourite park. We've planned for 2 full days there on our next trip!

Awesome birthday-eve pixie dust pixiedust: I love those small random acts, it's what makes Disney special!

I agree! It was something small that ended up being a huge highlight of the entire trip!

I love when CM's do a little extra to help celebrate and spread the magic. I love that it's always so unexpected and just a sincere gesture. Glad some extra pixie dust was sprinkled on you to help you celebrate your Birthday Eve!

Thanks! It made me so happy :)

Was the elephant ear good? It looks delish! So nice that you were given it for your birthday!!!! :genie:

It was really good! It was so big though, I couldn't come close to finishing it! It was coated in honey, so it was really sweet too!

I LOVE THAT BABY GORILLA! so so so so so cute. I can't get over it. I want to squeeze him/her? so badly!

I could have stood there and watched the gorillas all day!

Also - so nice that you only had to spend $10 for the extra day! They make it so easy to stay longer :love:

I'm so glad we were able to turn our non-park day into a park day for so cheap! I would have been sad to have missed all of those things at Animal Kingdom!

I love all of your safari pictures! Andthe naked mole rat and gorilla pictures are cute too.

I love that the CM gave you some birthday magic! I hope it was as delicious as it looks!

I'm determined to finish this thing, so here we go with another update!

Day Eight - Part Three - January 12th, 2016

As mentioned in the last post, there were lots of ducks walking around the day we were there!

After we finished up our snacks, we started making our way along the path back to Asia. We stopped for a few Photopass pictures:

We didn't walk much farther before we saw a line for a meet-and-greet, so we decided to wait. It was around 20 minutes of waiting or so before we were at the front of the line and meeting Baloo and King Louie! They were so much fun! They were fascinated by my brightly dyed hair.

By the time we said our goodbye to Baloo and King Louie, we were inside our window for our third Fastpass - on my favourite ride!

After riding Expedition Everest, we walked outside and looked at the standby time - only 15 minutes! I actually clapped my hands in excitement and shouted "Again!" :rotfl2:What can I say, I was in a really good mood that day! So, we joined the standby line, and less than 15 minutes later we had this picture taken:

We're in the back row, doing an over-the-head high five to each other :rotfl: - we had fun with ride photos!

By this point, it was around 3:30, so we decided to start slowly making our way out of the park. We did stop at It's Tough To Be A Bug though.

We've been to the California version of this, so we knew what to expect (and when to lean forward haha). I love the location of this in Florida though, it's so cool to be underneath the Tree of Life! I did not like the fake smoke though, I got really filled out, and was finding it a little difficult to breath (the joys of asthma).

After the show, we continued walking towards the exit, but Luke stopped to use a snack credit on a raspberry-lemonade drink thing. It sounded really good, but it was way too sweet for my tastes! He drank some of it, but found it too sweet after awhile too, so about half of it was thrown away. Oh well, we had snack credits remaining that we had to use up!

That's too funny with King Louie & Baloo and your hair! Love how Baloo is holding apples up to it :D

I love the location of this in Florida though, it's so cool to be underneath the Tree of Life! I did not like the fake smoke though, I got really filled out, and was finding it a little difficult to breath (the joys of asthma).
Although I don't have asthma, I find the same thing with the smoke. Not sure why, but I always have breathing trouble when fine mist is sprayed on my face too (like at the barber shop). I think for me it has more to do with cold smoke/mist and I have some kind of reaction to the temperature change.

I love Baloo and King Louie, they're always such a fun meet & greet. I love that they were so fascinated by your hair!

I really love your ride photos ... they're so much fun! The over the head high five is awesome!

Sounds like an AWESOME AK day!
I'm impressed with your great safari photos.
The Baloo and King Louie fascination with your hair is too funny. Especially holding the apples to it.
Great ride photos too.

That's too funny with King Louie & Baloo and your hair! Love how Baloo is holding apples up to it :D

Haha, he kept pointing at my hair and then pointing to the apple because they were pretty much the same colour.

Although I don't have asthma, I find the same thing with the smoke. Not sure why, but I always have breathing trouble when fine mist is sprayed on my face too (like at the barber shop). I think for me it has more to do with cold smoke/mist and I have some kind of reaction to the temperature change.

I hadn't had issues with my asthma in years (it was more of a childhood thing for me), but that smoke was intense!

I love Baloo and King Louie, they're always such a fun meet & greet. I love that they were so fascinated by your hair!

I really love your ride photos ... they're so much fun! The over the head high five is awesome!

We didn't do a ton of meet and greets, but Baloo and King Louie were the best one! They made us laugh a lot without ever saying a word!

I've already told Luke to start thinking of things we can do in our ride photos on the next trip haha.

Sounds like an AWESOME AK day!
I'm impressed with your great safari photos.
The Baloo and King Louie fascination with your hair is too funny. Especially holding the apples to it.
Great ride photos too.

Thanks! I'm so happy we went back to Animal Kingdom that day, we were able to cover so much!

Just read your entire TR! I love all of the pictures and details you included. Can't wait to read the rest of your AK day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter