Zeri's Magical Make A Wish trip to Disney World & GKTW October 2013

ksso32006

Earning My Ears
Hi there!

I am Kathy, single mom to 4 (23, 22, 14, & 8) and Grandmother to one adorable 2 year old boy. We are heading to Disney World and GKTW Village October 13-19 for my youngest son’s Make A Wish trip. We are SO excited! His wish wasn't necessarily to see or meet any character, but rather to take his whole family on vacation. He has a chronic hematalogic condition that affects his red & white blood cell counts, which can often get out of whack, for lack of a better term... He is such a sweetie and is always thinking of others before himself, even when making a Wish. We are all going along with my mom who will be joining us and we are thrilled.
Anywhooooo, here’s some pics of the younger ones.

This is Zeri, the wish kid.

zeri_xmas_zps23735262.jpg

Here's my youngest 2 boys with the grandson last halloween..
halloween_zps8ff05e77.jpg

Anyway, I appreciate all the tips I've been reading about on here and have loved reading other Wish Kid Stories. They are all so amazing!

Thanks,
Kathy

Hi,

Welcome to the DIS boards!! :wave2:

You trip is so close you must be so excited!! :dance3:

Hooray for your wish trip and your sweet boy who wanted his whole family with him!!

Get ready for some magic!!! pixiedust:

Let me know if you have any questions!! :confused3

Happy Counting down,

Madeline

Thanks Madeline! We are so excited and its only a month away! I wanted to start planning earlier but it seemed so far away then and now it's sneaking up on me!

Kathy

Thanks Madeline! We are so excited and its only a month away! I wanted to start planning earlier but it seemed so far away then and now it's sneaking up on me!

Kathy

Yes it is definitely time to get to the planning!!! :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Of course with a Make A Wish Trip you can wing to since so much of the planning is done for you!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I used other trip reports to help me plan. Mostly I did it because it added to the excitement of our trip!!! Give Kids the World spells everything out for you when you get there so either way it should be AWESOME!!

Happy Planning if you find the time, :confused3:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Madeline

Any tips to share? Things that you would have liked to have known before you left? Any help would be appreciated!

Any tips to share? Things that you would have liked to have known before you left? Any help would be appreciated!

Our #1 tip is keep in mind that Give Kids the World is a wonderful place full of great activities!! If we could do one thing differently we would have spent more time at Give Kids the World!! I mean we only got free Ice Cream once... come on that's pathetic!!! :confused3:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Another important tip is if you want to go to all the parks you get free tickets to you will probably have to go to 2 parks in 1 day (unless you get more time in Florida than the standard time).

Tip 3 -- There are lots of really great restaurants but you need reservations for them, so I visited the food thread on the DIS and decided which restaurants we wanted to visit then scheduled reservations.

Tip 4 -- Give Kids the World suggested to us that we have breakfast before we leave and dinner when we get back since meals are free at Give Kids the World. That worked great for us.

Tip 5 -- Make a Plan -- Talk to everyone who is going to see what is on their must do list. Make a rough plan (that is flexible) which includes everyone must do's.

Tip 6 -- Read the Make a Wish Thread and Wish trip reports to use as resources.

Tip 7 -- Universal seems to really roll out the red carpet for many of the families who made Trip Reports (including my family) so save time for these parks if your family is interested in the attractions they have there. :goodvibes

I hope these help!!!

Make A Wish and Give Kids the World really is on top of everything so even if you don't have lots of time to plan or read trip reports they will walk you through everything!!!

Happy Planning, pixiedust:

Madeline

These are GREAT tips!! Thank you so much! I am a Type A over-planner :cool1: so the 6 parks in 7 days is killing me. I already know we're over scheduled and I'm trying to relax and go with the flow... :beach:

These are GREAT tips!! Thank you so much! I am a Type A over-planner :cool1: so the 6 parks in 7 days is killing me. I already know we're over scheduled and I'm trying to relax and go with the flow... :beach:

Type A planning... so plan away... but try to have fun with it... if you can!!! :cool1: The good thing about Type A planning is it helps to make sure you don't miss anything special you kids will love!!

Happy Planning!! :yay:

Madeline

Your trip is so close! I hope the planning is going well!

Keep us updated and not that I'm the best to answer questions, so much as ask them...;):rotfl2: But DO ASK questions here whenever you have them! The wonderful people on these boards are so amazing with answering any questions.:yay:

So very exciting that this was his wish for his family and himself...so so sweet by the way in these photos.

A coworker recently went to GKTW and the tips I saw are the things she mentioned...ice cream was major!!!

She also said that she was so over worked and stressed about making sure the trip was perfect but when she got there they made sure it was for the whole family...so relax and enjoy....YOU HAVE ALL EARNED THIS!!!

Thanks for the tips everyone! ICE CREAM is all the boys can talk about!! They are already talking about ice cream for breakfast! :lmao:

Thanks for the tips everyone! ICE CREAM is all the boys can talk about!! They are already talking about ice cream for breakfast! :lmao:

Hooray for Ice Cream for breakfast!!! This is the stuff that wish trip are made of!!! :yay::dance3::yay:

You guys are so close right now!!! There must be excitement galore in your house!!! :goodvibes

Hooray for Wish Trip!!!

Happy Counting down the Days!!!

Madeline

The excitement in our house is overwhelming!! Lots of anxious little people (and big people too)!!! :goodvibes

The excitement in our house is overwhelming!! Lots of anxious little people (and big people too)!!! :goodvibes

Hooray your wish trip has arrived!!!!

party::jumping1::rainbow:::MickeyMo::MinnieMo:tinker::donald::dumbo:pluto::cheer2::dance3::yay::woohoo:pixiedust::goodvibes

Have the time of your lives!!!! Magic Here you come!!!!

Happy Wish Tripping,

Madeline

SOOOOOO excited for you guys. I think to celebrate with you I will have ice cream for breakfast tomorrow.

What a magical week!! It was absolutely amazing. YES, there was ice cream for breakfast every single morning. Plus a ride on the carousel to start the day. What a wonderful week! :thumbsup2

What a magical week!! It was absolutely amazing. YES, there was ice cream for breakfast every single morning. Plus a ride on the carousel to start the day. What a wonderful week! :thumbsup2

So glad to hear that you all had an amazing time!!!:goodvibes

Can't wait to hear more and maybe see some pictures if you have time to post!!! :cool1:

Hooray for Ice Cream for Breakfast and morning rides on the Carousel!!! pixiedust:

Madeline

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter