• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zen And The Art Of PTR Maintenance. Sept 2016 PTR. 16/4 Trip Report Anyone??

Joining in! I hope your mom is doing well, health is the most important, but it is great that you are going to get to do this trip with her. Its time that is so valuable. :hug:

Those 5 hotels = AMAZING! I love that you are going to hope around. Also so many of your restaurants you have picked are on my must do list! I fee like we are always trying new places but never get to hit them all! So many amazing places to eat!

I LOVE I love Lucy too! She is my fav, anyone who loves I love Lucy is good in my book! I want to name my next pets Ricky and Lucy! :dogdance:

Italy in August so exciting! And an ENGAGEMENT! Congrats! OMG this may be the most exciting TR EVER! :jumping1:

Joining in! I hope your mom is doing well, health is the most important, but it is great that you are going to get to do this trip with her. Its time that is so valuable. :hug:

Those 5 hotels = AMAZING! I love that you are going to hope around. Also so many of your restaurants you have picked are on my must do list! I fee like we are always trying new places but never get to hit them all! So many amazing places to eat!

I LOVE I love Lucy too! She is my fav, anyone who loves I love Lucy is good in my book! I want to name my next pets Ricky and Lucy! :dogdance:

Italy in August so exciting! And an ENGAGEMENT! Congrats! OMG this may be the most exciting TR EVER! :jumping1:

:welcome: Thanks so much for joining in! DM is doing so much better we are hopeful she is on course to a full recovery :hug:

I know what you mean there are just sooo many places I want to try! And they keep building more! :eek:

We had a cat called Lucy when I was a kid and whenever she did something naughty (like but a mouse in my dad's slippers!) I would say in my best Ricky voice "Lucy! You got some 'splaning to do!" :rotfl:

Its so funny that he proposed during an argument while I was in my PJs when he had this whole thing planned in Italy! But it's actually so typically us its more fitting this way! :lmao:

Hi! :wave2: Following along with this AMAZING trip.

First, I'm so glad your mom is on the mend. My mom was diagnosed back in 2003 and she's still healthy. :goodvibes

I'm enjoying reading about your plans and your last trip. I think we're going to plan a trip around the same time in 2016. Of course I can't book it for a year yet because I have to see school calendars but we're looking at Fall 2016.

Finally, congrats on your engagement. Your ring is beautiful. :love:

When you described the proposal I thought of these two:

Bridget Jones.gif

You know, she's crazy. He's serious. They're British. :thumbsup2

Hi! :wave2: Following along with this AMAZING trip.

First, I'm so glad your mom is on the mend. My mom was diagnosed back in 2003 and she's still healthy. :goodvibes

I'm enjoying reading about your plans and your last trip. I think we're going to plan a trip around the same time in 2016. Of course I can't book it for a year yet because I have to see school calendars but we're looking at Fall 2016.

Finally, congrats on your engagement. Your ring is beautiful. :love:

When you described the proposal I thought of these two:

View attachment 95096

You know, she's crazy. He's serious. They're British. :thumbsup2

:wave2: Hi! Thanks for stopping by and joining in! So glad to hear your mom is doing well :goodvibes
Yay another 2016 planner! It's such a long time away I am just want to plan it all now! I like planning things :rolleyes1
:thanks: so much! He did a really good joy with the ring :lovestruc

Oh my gosh the Bridget Jones gif! That is just so perfect! :rotfl:I love it! Bridget is my soul sister! :thumbsup2 Us crazy girls need those serious boys ::yes::

:wave2: Hi! Thanks for stopping by and joining in! So glad to hear your mom is doing well :goodvibes
Yay another 2016 planner! It's such a long time away I am just want to plan it all now! I like planning things :rolleyes1
:thanks: so much! He did a really good joy with the ring :lovestruc

Oh my gosh the Bridget Jones gif! That is just so perfect! :rotfl:I love it! Bridget is my soul sister! :thumbsup2 Us crazy girls need those serious boys ::yes::

Thank you.

I'm like that with planning. I'm already making mental must-do lists and pricing out resorts.

Oh, good. I was afraid you wouldn't like the Bridget Jones comparison. :bitelip: How awkward would it have been if you didn't like the character and were offended by the comparison. :rotfl:

Thank you.

I'm like that with planning. I'm already making mental must-do lists and pricing out resorts.

Oh, good. I was afraid you wouldn't like the Bridget Jones comparison. :bitelip: How awkward would it have been if you didn't like the character and were offended by the comparison. :rotfl:

I know what you mean I may have already planned our entire trip day for day...you know for September 2016...in May 2015 :rolleyes1

Seriously you picked the best comparison! I quote that movie all the time! :rotfl:

If you can binge read mine, I can binge read yours.... so there!

We got dates!! September 13tth to October 11th!!

Holy cow! You're there for a freaking month???? :faint:

mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in October and we just didn't know what was going to happen and we just didn't think we could keep the booking. Her getting better was our only priority. :grouphug: Thankfully she is doing really well and the doctors are very hopefully that she will make a complete recovery.:woohoo:

Sorry to hear about your mom, but glad she's doing well.

its about to get all kinds of loopy up in here!

Oh, good. Because otherwise it's dull.

Hotel two: Contemporary Resort
(Not my photo)

Yowzers.
(Not my comment)

all I remember is this toy where you moved beads from one side to the other.

That's called an abacus.

We are going THEME PARK VIEW!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Nice!

Beaches and Cream you are:

755438-gif.90710

::yes:: Never been. Probably #1 on my Disney bucket list.

Name: Lu. Short for Lyndsay but everyone calls me Lu. I'm not sure why...

I get it.
It starts as Lyndsay-Lu.
Then you drop the multi-syllable part.

(I may have a slight addiction to gifs...I'm sure no one noticed...:rotfl:)

No. Didn't notice. Did you post one?

:rolleyes1

I'm gonna try and get this right as best I can but as none of you were actually there then I guess it doesn't matter all that much.

:eek: Mind. Blown.

All those notes.... so not required. :sad:

So I was super duper excited to be in Orlando and, you know, alive!

Alive is good.

Well we have a date with some dolphins! Not an actually date...that would be weird....

Okay. So no kissing or anything.
Phew!

After major stress out in the car when I thought I had lost my itinerary folder with EVERYTHING in (FYI I was sitting on it...:rolleyes1)

:lmao:

Fun fact about me I'm not very classy and will happily chow down on burgers and fries over fancy nosh any day! I keeps it real

My kind of person.

The Trainer for a Day package means that you spend the whole day with one of the Discovery Cove dolphin trainers.

A whole day? How cool is that?

But even more amazeballs was meeting a sloth!

Want.
I want a sloth.

Who wouldn't??? :confused3

I think I'm in love with this picture.

First we got to met the dolphins and give them a kiss...gotta be honest that was a tiny bit weird!

Hey! You said "Not an actual date"!

I know. I very nearly dumped him on the spot.
But he's hot so I let it slid! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl:

I may have mentioned that Disney have a resort in Hawaii. And he didn't say no to the idea! :woohoo:

And it's... spectacular.

The riverboat (what is that thing called?? :scratchin)

The Liberty Belle.

Now I'm going tell you a story about what I total odd ball I was as a child. Hey, now I can hear you shouting "you are still one now!",

YOU ARE STILL ONE NOW!

lets have less of that thank you!

Sorry.

Plus in other exciting news DBF surprised me today with tickets to Italy for my BDAY in August!! :hyper::hyper:

Nice!

We even managed to get marooned on one of the grass banks and a boy from another boy actually got onto the bank and pushed us off!

"A boy from another boy"?
Is that like brother from another mother?

So.....this just happened!!!!!

img_0880-jpg.94955

You got your nails done!!!

No?

JK. Congratulations!!!!

"You are the strangest, craziest person I have ever met and even though you drive me nuts I want to spend the rest of my life being crazy with you."

Oh, crap. Now I feel totally inadequate. I didn't say anything near as beautiful when I proposed to my DW.

:welcome: Thanks for stopping by!

If you can binge read mine, I can binge read yours.... so there!

But now you have an upset stomach! Tums?

Holy cow! You're there for a freaking month???? :faint:

I know! I have actually been a few times for six weeks! :eek: My father was even more obsessed with WDW than me! Once he decided to spend a whole day just riding around on all the water transport. Nothing else. Just going around on the boats! :rotfl: I guess six weeks really might be too long :rolleyes1

Sorry to hear about your mom, but glad she's doing well.
:thanks:

Oh, good. Because otherwise it's dull.

Gee thanks! :lmao:
Well I will try and not be dull for you then :thumbsup2 Are odd, crazy and weird still good though? If not I'm a bit stuck...

I get it.
It starts as Lyndsay-Lu.
Then you drop the multi-syllable part.

Well that's the most DIS friendly name I get called...:rolleyes1

No. Didn't notice. Did you post one?

:rolleyes1

Oh good! Got away with it :thumbsup2

:eek: Mind. Blown.

All those notes.... so not required. :sad:

Notes? Ha! Where we're going we don't need notes!

Okay. So no kissing or anything.
Phew!

:scratchin

A whole day? How cool is that?

Hands down the best day of the whole trip! Didn't hurt the trainer was cute either! ;)

I think I'm in love with this picture.

Why thank you I think I was looking pretty good that day- oh you mean the dolphin...of course...I was just kidding...obviously!

Hey! You said "Not an actual date"!

Well he didn't buy me dinner so technically I wasn't a date. I mean yes I fed him fish but that was free so that doesn't count either...

And it's... spectacular.
It does look amazing! I might just book it and not tell him...:rolleyes1

The Liberty Belle.

So its not called "that white boat thing" then? :confused3

YOU ARE STILL ONE NOW!

Hey!

That's better.

"A boy from another boy"?
Is that like brother from another mother?

Damn you alcohol and not proof reading! You have never let me down before! :sad:

You got your nails done!!!

No?

JK. Congratulations!!!!

Finally someone noticed! I mean seriously everyone was like like "Congratulations!" and I'm like thanks, but what about my nails??

Thank you :D

But now you have an upset stomach! Tums?

Pepto Bismol. Pre-medicated.
But oddly enough, it wasn't required.

Ya write good, lady.

I know! I have actually been a few times for six weeks! :eek: My father was even more obsessed with WDW than me! Once he decided to spend a whole day just riding around on all the water transport. Nothing else. Just going around on the boats! :rotfl: I guess six weeks really might be too long :rolleyes1

:faint: Six. Weeks.

Are odd, crazy and weird still good though?

::yes::

Well that's the most DIS friendly name I get called...:rolleyes1

Oh, great. Now I'm laughing and curious!

Notes? Ha! Where we're going we don't need notes!

Wrong franchise!!!! Mayday! Mayday! Cinderella! Snow White! Beauty and the Beast! Little Mermaid!...

Phew. That was a close one.

Didn't hurt the trainer was cute either! ;)

No. I suppose that wouldn't...

Why thank you I think I was looking pretty good that day- oh you mean the dolphin...of course...I was just kidding...obviously!

Actually.... Truth?
The composition was spot on, the timing was perfect, the subjects (that's subjectS) were beautiful.

Well he didn't buy me dinner so technically I wasn't a date. I mean yes I fed him fish but that was free so that doesn't count either...

Yes it does.
Date.

Actual Dates

:thumbsup2Hi there peeps!

I am very behind on things because I was away for most of the week:

in-london.gif

I'm sorry that's just how that sentence sounds in my head.

So DBF...wait no its DF now...can't get used to that...started with a new law firm at the end of last year. They have offices in London, Manchester and Newcastle (which is where we live) and at the beginning of the year his boss mentioned that he might want DF to be involved in some cases in the London office. So flash forward to April and he gets a phone call from said boss telling him he is needed in London. Ok. Not an issue. So off he pops to London for two weeks. He gets home and tells me that actually now he is going to have to be in London for most of May and part of June :scared1:
Now I'm not one of those girls who gets all emotional and cries when her boyfriend leaves the room (I'm looking at you Don't Tell The Bride) but I gotta be honest I was kinda bummed by this news. This was kind of the reason he wasn't going to propose until August. His firm also has links in New York so I guess I'm lucky he's only in London. So far anyway...
So this week was the start of his time in London so as a good fiancée I decided to go with him to settle him in to his new apartment. It had nothing to down with the fact I could go shopping on Oxford Street...Nothing at all...
Everything was really nice and we had a great time. Until it came time for him to drop me off at the train station and it hit me that I wasn't going to see him for at least a month and after that maybe only for a weekend or two.

tumblr_m9g654498E1ry10fwo1_500.gif

Of course he was really supportive!
:thumbsup2

are-you-crying.gif

I lied and told him I was upset that they didn't have the beautiful Jimmy Choo shoes that were on sale in my size. :rolleyes2

giphy (17).gif

He totally bought it and off he went. He doesn't deal well with emotional stuff. He's a dude.

So there I was sitting on the train thinking of how lonely I was going to be.

tumblr_mosop88uh81r8v8kko1_500.gif

(Yes I sang this to myself in my head. And yes I sound just like Celine Dion in my head)

But then I remembered that I have all my wonderful friends right here on the internet to keep my entertained! So spent my train journey reading trip reports on the DIS and then I was fine!

tumblr_inline_mz7axsu4m31qzclns.gif
(and you guys!)

Plus I get to live alone again! And do all that single behaviour that if I did it with DF he wouldn't be DF for very long after that!

So after that long ramble I think I should keep my promise and actually talk about Disney!

tumblr_inline_myt22xCCTB1rh3k1r.gif

When I finally got home I noticed my answering machine was blinking. It seems Virgin called when I was away, I did tell them to call my mobile but I guess they didn't listen.

lindsay-facepalm.gif

But.....................EVERYTHING IS NOW BOOKED!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

meryl.gif

So:
*EDIT* This is actually different now... :rolleyes1
Grand Floridian: September 13th to September 16th
Animal Kingdom Lodge: September 16th to September 21st
Beach Club: September 21st to September 26th
Contemporary
Resort:September 26th to October 1st
Old Key West: October 1st to October 11th

Next stage is actually paying for everything! Thank goodness for credit cards! :rotfl:
Now I know where and when we are going to be there I can plan out our days!
Better get started on that!

a_480x221.gif

If you insist Ryan. If you insist!

Last edited:
So DBF...wait no its DF now...can't get used to that...

Don't get too used to it.
Soon enough it will be DH.

He gets home and tells me that actually now he is going to have to be in London for most of May and part of June :scared1:

Oh. Ouch.

I decided to go with him to settle him in to his new apartment. It had nothing to down with the fact I could go shopping on Oxford Street...Nothing at all...

No, of course not. Naturally not.

He totally bought it and off he went.

Yup. Guy.

He doesn't deal well with emotional stuff. He's a dude.

We're very transparent that way, aren't we?

(Yes I sang this to myself in my head. And yes I sound just like Celine Dion in my head)

And you sounded wonderful! (in my head)

But.....................EVERYTHING IS NOW BOOKED!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Woot!

Pepto Bismol. Pre-medicated.
But oddly enough, it wasn't required.

Ya write good, lady.
Pre medicated :thumbsup2 Good plan! Aw shucks! I take that as a huge compliment coming from you :worship:

:faint: Six. Weeks.

Phew! That's a relief cause I got nothing else! :rotfl:

Oh, great. Now I'm laughing and curious!

Isn't that the best way to be? I would repeat them but I would get kicked off the DIS! ::yes::

Wrong franchise!!!! Mayday! Mayday! Cinderella! Snow White! Beauty and the Beast! Little Mermaid!...

Phew. That was a close one.
Whoops! Sorry! Please don't murder me Mickey! :earseek:

No. I suppose that wouldn't...

;) Good old Brian....

Actually.... Truth?
The composition was spot on, the timing was perfect, the subjects (that's subjectS) were beautiful.

:blush: Well darn you got me all blushing and stuff.

Totally unrelated question do you need an eye check up? :rotfl:

Yes it does.
Date.
Are you sure? Cause he never called me.....ok maybe it was a date :lmao:

Don't get too used to it.
Soon enough it will be DH.
:scared1: Ok is it weird that that kind of scares me just a tiny bit?!

Oh. Ouch.

I know.*Sigh*

No, of course not. Naturally not.

I mean what is this shopping thing anyway? :confused3 Never heard of it...

Yup. Guy.

His exact words were "yeah they were really...sparkly" and he handed me my bag, kissed me and walked off! :rotfl:Thanks DF!

We're very transparent that way, aren't we?

And you sounded wonderful! (in my head)

Why thank you. I've been practicing! :thumbsup2

:hyper::hyper::hyper: If only it wasn't over a year away!

Phew! That's a relief cause I got nothing else! :rotfl:

Not even an animated gif?

Isn't that the best way to be? I would repeat them but I would get kicked off the DIS! ::yes::

I'm so tempted.... but no. Then the PTR would be over.

Totally unrelated question do you need an eye check up? :rotfl:

That cracked me up... because I do!! I'm overdue for one.

:laughing:

But I'm nearsighted so I had no problem seeing the photo.
:scared1: Ok is it weird that that kind of scares me just a tiny bit?!

Actually... That's pretty normal.

I mean what is this shopping thing anyway? :confused3 Never heard of it...

You do know I'm a guy, right?
Shopping consists of walking in, going straight to the item (or items) you need and getting out asap.

His exact words were "yeah they were really...sparkly" and he handed me my bag, kissed me and walked off! :rotfl:Thanks DF!

Not even an animated gif?

minion+what.gif

What?!

tumblr_m61uyec7p31rqfhi2o1_500.gif

As if I would relay on gifs to make this PTR less dull!

Rude-Miranda.gif

tumblr_lj22orBoPn1qakh43o1_500.gif

I'm pretty sure I've never posted a "gif" (whatever one of those is...) in my life...:rolleyes1

I'm so tempted.... but no. Then the PTR would be over.

That is true. But I give you full permission to make up your own! :thumbsup2

That cracked me up... because I do!! I'm overdue for one.

:laughing:

But I'm nearsighted so I had no problem seeing the photo.

They tell me I'm psychic you know ::yes:: oh..wait...or was it psycho :scratchin Eh! Close enough!

Actually... That's pretty normal.

Phew! Of course if you ask DF and he said that then I would be livid! :lmao:

You do know I'm a guy, right?
Shopping consists of walking in, going straight to the item (or items) you need and getting out asap.

Are you sure? I saw ALOT of sashaying in your TR....:rolleyes1

I'm pretty sure I've never posted a "gif" (whatever one of those is...) in my life...:rolleyes1

Ah. My mistake.

That is true. But I give you full permission to make up your own! :thumbsup2

I'm quite creative... Hmmm.... Ah....

:eek:

I can't believe people call you that!!!
But then again, after seeing some of those pictures (you know the ones) I totally get it.

Phew! Of course if you ask DF and he said that then I would be livid! :lmao:

Are you sure? I saw ALOT of sashaying in your TR....:rolleyes1

I will sashay in Disney... but not in a store. :snooty:

Ah. My mistake.

Apology excepted. :rotfl:

I'm quite creative... Hmmm.... Ah....

:eek:

I can't believe people call you that!!!
But then again, after seeing some of those pictures (you know the ones) I totally get it.
They properly do! Hey! :scared1: How did you see those?? Err....I mean what pictures? :scratchin

I will sashay in Disney... but not in a store. :snooty:

Well you gotta have your standards! ::yes:: Besides if you started to sashay any old place, well, pretty soon it would be like you were just straight up regular walking :eek: Unacceptable!

I'm sure anyone who is reading this in America remember the awful Hurricane Sandy. Well we actually had to fly threw it. The whole flight the Captain kept coming over intercom telling everyone to stay in their seats and they kept the seat beat sign on the whole flight! It was crazy! They wouldn't let the air stewards serve any hot drinks at all! :scared1: (Funnily enough the turbulence was WAY worse on the flight back but more on that later). So when we started our descent I knew it wasn't going to be smooth sailing...or flying...but OMG it I was TERRIFIED!

That's nuts, I would have been totally freaking out. Thank goodness you landed safely though.

What he should have actually said was go down the escalator, through a terminal, on a train, through CUSTOMS and to the furthest gate and you are there. :sad2: Of course here my queue jinx came into its own. Every single time we got into a queue it stopped. No joke. So we moved. It stopped and the one we left moved again. The most stressful twenty minutes of my life!

Unfortunately now Customers makes you take your shoes off when you go through...well I got one and and just legged it with the other one in my hand! I looked like a complete nutter! :rotfl:You know in those movies when people run through other people photos? Yep I was doing that all through the terminal. So if you were one of those people who's photo I ruined I sincerely apologise.

Luckily we made it in time to board. All red faced and sweaty, oh yeah we looked good, ready for take off and...nothing.
Yeah we were delayed on the tarmac for an HOUR! Plus about thirty people arrived after us and some I recognised from our previous flight! o_O

Yikes! Hurricane Lu for sure! :rotfl:;)

Well we have a date with some dolphins! Not an actually date...that would be weird....

Why am I now trying to figure out how to make this at all possible??:confused3:rotfl2:

After major stress out in the car when I thought I had lost my itinerary folder with EVERYTHING in (FYI I was sitting on it...:rolleyes1)

So me!

Cute photo!

See they have very nice roofs! :rotfl:

You shop! :jumping1:

:hyper:

We were staying not that far for from 5th Avenue. Oh dear...

tumblr_nloq80buod1qjj2qyo3_250-gif.90676

Oh dear indeed!

I got some killer Christian Dior heels for half price! #WorthIt! :rotfl:

tumblr_inline_nftpjne7si1qlak20-gif.90761

Dang you must know how to shop to get that deal! P.S. love Confessions of a Shopaholic!

That photo is never seeing the light of day again! Moving on!

Aw what?!

(who said that her husband and son were playing golf as they didn't want to swim with dolphins??? :confused3)

Cause there's not golfing everywhere else in the entire world, right?:confused3

LOVE SLOTHS!

OH MY goodness so cute:cutie::cutie:
I nearly drowned! :lmao:

This happened to me when I was first learning on our honeymoon in Jamaica. I just didn't understand why I was taking on water and everyone else was having the best time! :rotfl2:

This shot is adorable!

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

Now I have mentioned my DBF a couple of times, you maybe be wondering why he isn't coming along on our crazy, fun filled adventure...well....he doesn't "do" Disney :eek::scared1::eek::scared1::eek:

"
" frameborder="0"

DBF and I a planning a trip to Hawaii in 2017 to celebrate his birthday (he is hitting the big 3-0) and I may have mentioned that Disney have a resort in Hawaii. And he didn't say no to the idea! :woohoo:

Yay, Aulani!! :bounce: We're hoping to get there next Summer for our 10 year anniversary! :hyper:

he hotel order we are going with is as follows:
Grand Floridian (3 nights)
Animal Kingdom Lodge (5 nights)
The Beach Club (5 nights)
Contempary (5 nights)
Old Key West (10 nights)

Can I just say, how disgustingly jealous I am of this. Look at all those night!:faint:

I know many people with be looking at this and think holy wow that's a long stay but we already know that this will be our last trip for the foreseeable future and added to DM's health issues we just thought what the heck lets just blow the bank and go big style!

Good decision :thumbsup2

This trip will also be the first time we are going to be using the Magical Express

I really like the ME. It's convenient, don't have to wait in the long lines you sometimes see at the rental car counters and it's free!

I literally say this on a daily basis. ::yes::
5. Its A Small World. "CL-A-SSIC" Love it or hate it. Its the Marmite of Disney! :lmao:Just an FYI I also love Marmite!

What's Marmite? :blush::blush::blush:

2. Dole Whip. Okay confession time, please don't kill me, I have never had a Dole whip. Ever, :scared1:
I know. :scared: So I made myself a promise to try one of these. I don't really like fruit ice cream or really fruit dessert in general (if chocolate is an option would you REALLY pick fruit?) so that will be interesting!

Agh, you must get this then please!! Lots of people prefer the Dole Whip Floats (never tried) but I just love the whip. Whatever you decide, just please get something!

3. Cake Cups. I have seen these on the Dis and I am very intrigued to try one. I like cake. Cake is very good. :cake::cake:

I was commenting on a thread about the Cake Cups and saying that this would be a great end of the school year treat for DH's co workers. Never tried them but I hear they are delicious!

Of all four parks Epcot is my least favourite.

"
" frameborder="0"

2. Via Napoli. I think I may have covered my excitement to this in my preliminary ADR's post but come on its pizza and hot Italian waiters!

Yes to both!

3. Get drunk around the world. Does this really need an explanation? :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

tumblr_mmxo9zs41u1sqiix2o1_500-gif.91783

I just love Epcot because of this. It's definitely an adult park (with some kid aspects thrown in, for sure) but really you can't go wrong with grabbing a cocktail in every country. That's my idea of a fun time. That and you don't have to board a plane and go though Hurricanes to get to other countries right?! ::yes::

So as I mentioned in the intros this is DM's favourite park. I am pretty darn fond of it too! So as you can see I feel the real icon of Animal Kingdom is not the tree but this beauty: Expedition Everest. Which leads us to our first "Must Do"

I used to very much dislike this park. Not sure why. But it has now easily become one of my favorite parks. I think i'm finally seeing all the details that the imagineers put into it and i'm appreciating it now. It's an absolutely gorgeous place!

So this is usually the part when I tell you all about my "Food Dos", just made that up

Try the bloody mary's if you like em! They make some great ones at AK!

Why not Tarzan land? Or Lion King? Or move stuff from Up? Or Brother Bear? Bambi? The Jungle Book? The Fox and the Hound? Or even Brave for heaven sake?? That has BEARS in it!

YES YES YESSSSSS to all of these options!!! :worship: Not sure why they couldn't play off of movies they had in the 'vault'. But it will be interesting to see what they do:thumbsup2

giphy-9-gif.91945

Well pipe down and I will tell you Brick! Geez....We be yelling about:

:rotfl::lmao:
1. Toy Story Midway Mania. I have never been on this in my life. :scared1:

I've only been on once at DHS ever in life. But i've been many, many times at Disneyland so never feel the need to do it at DHS. Same with Soarin'! Have never stepped foot on it at Epcot!

3. Hollywood Brown Derby.

Perfect. Their Grapefruit Cake is everything. I know, it doesn't have chocolate, but i'll take this as a temporary replacement.

I am always super awkward in photos. I never used to be as a kid, I was a total show off as a child but as I got older I got much more self-conscious in photos. Only in photos mind you :rotfl:and I getting better :thumbsup2 So apologise for all the weird faces you will see me pull and again I don't look (quite) that awful in real life! (Its worse! :lmao:)

Stop I think you look great!

DM has never seen E.T. for one (I keep trying! She keeps refusing!) so she was hella confused! Plus it is kind of a weird ride :confused3.

How in the world has DM never seen ET?!

The Simpsons Ride.

:laughing: I rode it at Universal Hollywood back in 2008 and thought the same thign!

This lead us to Harry Potter. Okay this might actually get me killed or at least un-friended...but I am not a Harry Potter fan :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Stop. Just. Stop.....

:sad::sad1::sad2:

merch as long as it wasn't Slitherinth(??)

It's Slytherin :snooty::snooty::snooty:

;)

In summary I don;t think we are Universal people :sad2:

I'm very willing to give it a shot but I can already foresee us not being US people either.

You did not just GIF 'It Take Two'!!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I totally forgot about that movie. That was the ish back in the day!

Also around this time I was going through my eating glass phase. Yes you read that right I went through a phase of biting into my drinking glasses! I did it is a Disney restaurant once! I am such a werido! :rotfl2:

Just skipping this part :rotfl2:

Do any of you guys get a spray tan before you go on holiday?

I used to all the time! And now that I have a kid, i'm lucky if I can get half a leg shaved.

Super cute and fun!
13th September to 11th October 2016!!!:banana:

Woot woot! :dancer:

Plus in other exciting news DBF surprised me today with tickets to Italy for my BDAY in August!! :hyper::hyper:

Wow, extremely jealous. But awesome!!!

3. Meet Gaston. This should have been in my "Must Dos" for Magic Kingdom but like a moron I forgot. So I'm putting it here! I have a special place in my heart for Gaston and if I'm honest I think Belle made the wrong choice. Straight up. Boy is HOT! :thumbsup2

He's quite the character that's for sure! And just so you know, we got engaged back in 2013 sooo.....yeah.

8. Have a Disney Wedding (are you listening DBF?? :listen:) if not then I would settle for Italy or Hawaii!

Oh DBF?! Should I casually send him an email with a direct link to your Number 8?? :scratchin
12. Have a DIS met with all you lovely people! :disrocks:

I hope you can get some great meets in!

My hot dog was actually cheaper than my drink! I am cheap date :lmao:

If I could just live on hot dogs, pizza and ice cream I would be okay with that.

Same here. And if I can only survive on these items without developing diabetes or becoming obese, that'd be cool too :thumbsup2

So.....this just happened!!!!!

img_0880-jpg.94955

HOLY MOLY CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :cheer2:party::jumping1::cool1:

That's great i'm so happy for you! Sooo....this Disney Wedding is happening yes??!
Sorry for the :offtopic: but I just had to share with all you wonder DIS friends that DBF is now DF!!

He proposed! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

I'm ENGAGED!!

How did that happen?! :rotfl:

Uh, don't be sorry this is something that needed to be told, hello!! But where's the deets at??? Or is that personal :blush: Either way, i'm very happy for you and can't wait to hear your plans for the wedding :goodvibes

Plans: Days 1&2

Boo!

1307045037755769.gif

Hi!

dog-giving-a-surprised-look.gif

I'm back again!

The good thing about DF not being here is I can DIS when whenever and for as long as I want (OkAy that sounded dirty...)
So last time I rambled on for a while and told you about our official dates! Well I have now gotten a rough idea of what our first few days are going to be like!

Day 1: September 14th

(Clearly I don't have any park times or fun helpful stuff like that yet :sad2:)

This will be our first Magic Kingdom day! I am planning on doing a GF resort restaurant for dinner so I don't think we will do any official ADR in the park for lunch :scared1: I know! I am thinking it will probably be Narcoossee that we end of at (thanks free dining plan :thumbsup2) I am hoping to get an ADR time so we can see the Electric Water Padgent which is my favourite ever water based electric pageant! :rotfl:
My top FP+ picks I'm hoping for this day would be:
7DMT (at night preferably cause that's apparently the best time to go on according to DisneyKid4Life)
Big Thunder Mountain
Space Mountain

Now I haven't included Splash cause a. You only get three and b. I don't mind the queue for Splash so it's all good!
I would like to get a "must do" out of the way our first day and try the Dole Whip :earseek:
Usually I'm a park commandos (not like that though...chaffing...yikes! Sorry!) But DM has requested that we have resort breaks. So that's what we will do! I don't do napping through the day so while she naps I'm planning on exploring the shops-I mean exploring the resort :rotfl:
Then depending on what time the park is open until either head back to MK or have dinner then try and catch Wishes and MSEP.

Day 2: September 15th

Now I have never seen the welcome show before, mostly cause I never drag myself out of bed in time! Its a good job we go for longer as we are so not rope drop people :lmao:
So the plan is to hit rope drop. It's the most likely day we could do it as we will only be one stop on the Monorail so we don't actually have to get up quite as early! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:
I think our FP+ will be three mountains, cause I love them! Real mountains=absolute terror, Fake mountains=super fun times!
As far as ADR's I'm thinking I will try for BOG for dinner (Ballroom preferably. I like to actually see what I'm getting!) This is pretty much the only ADR in MK I am thinking of right now. I just don't really like any of the other table service restaurants there :confused3
But I think a hot dog or two might be on the cards! You know, me being super classy and all!! :rotfl2:

So that's all I got so far! Fascinating stuff huh?

921.gif

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter