You've Got a Friend in Me (An October 2011 PTR)

quarters

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I'm new(ly registered) to the board, though I've been lurking for some time! :) PTR duties for this vacation landed on me, so I hope I do it justice!

My two best friends and I will be spending 8 days in WDW, from October 19th-26th! We're all pretty busy, so this will probably be our last trip together for some time. We are determined to make this the best "Girls Trip" ever! All three of us grew up going to the parks (two of us to WDW, one to Disneyland), so while we're not newbies, we still have fabulously magical experiences and discover new things each time we're together. So… introductions!

vzblf6.jpg

The three of us (L-R: Ashley, me, Gretchen) in front of EE two years ago!

16aekcj.png

Me: I'm Courtney! I live in Texas. I have been a CM (first in New York, and now here in Texas) since 2009, and I love it. I took my first trip to WDW before I was even a year old and I've been hooked since! ;) My favorite ride is Splash Mountain and my favorite character is Megara.

2prcm08.png

BFF #1 (ashley0139): Ashley is my theatrically-inclined, stage manager "roommate" — we lived together while I was in New York (she still lives there) and I've never gotten out of the habit of calling her that! Ashley's favorite ride is Expedition Everest and her favorite character is Belle.

2ps10cw.png

BFF #2 (gretchasketch): Gretchen, also a New Yorker, is the most awesome special-ed teacher I've ever met. Grew up in California, so she's the Disneyland expert in the group! Gretchen's favorite ride is Peter Pan's Flight (haha I'm gonna feel so dumb if I'm getting these wrong) and her favorite character is Alice.

We are staying at Pop Century. Ashley and I will be arriving in the morning on October 19th, and Gretchen will be joining us that evening. Gretchen departs on the morning of October 25th, and Ashley and I fly out the night of the 26th.

So those are the basics, for now at least! :) I'm sure the girls will pipe in at some point to add things I might have missed.

Anyway, thanks for reading! Stay tuned for our ADRs (which we are BESIDE OURSELVES about!) and a general schedule, including our side trip to the U-word. :eek:

Our "Mickey Mail" came! :yay:

as8c8.jpg

We've also almost got our Halloween "costumes" together. We will be attending MNSSHP as Woody, Buzz, and Andy (hence the title of the PTR!). Ashley already has her Buzz shirt, my Woody shirt is on its way to me, and we are working on making Gretchen an "Andy" shirt. We're excited! When Gretchen and I went to the party in 2009, we didn't dress up at all and ended up feeling a little silly! I bought us each a Toy Story reusable bag for our candy, too.

Also, our ADRs are for 'Ohana and Le Cellier! I've never eaten at either of them, so I'm really excited for the new experiences! Does anyone have any suggestions for good dishes at either one?

No responses? I'm surprised! I've never seen a PTR with zero responses (excluding the people going on the trip). Well, since I'm the resident photographer and since it looks like no one is looking and I have to do something to beef up this thread, I'll post some pictures from last year to get us excited and to maybe get some more readers:)

21 more sleeps!

2po2vjs.jpg

Ashley and I trying on Halloween Hats

IMG_4401.jpg

Mickey Ears

IMG_4402.jpg

More Mickey Ears

IMG_4483.jpg

Parade

IMG_4985.jpg

The UP characters

IMG_5027.jpg

Me:)

IMG_5106.jpg

Courtney and Ashley on a Kim Possible Mission

IMG_5185.jpg

Epcot

IMG_5457.jpg

One of my favorites

IMG_5795.jpg

Me and Courtney

IMG_5804.jpg

Courtney is ready for the Halloween Party!

IMG_5879.jpg

With Snow White and the Dwarfs

IMG_6238.jpg

Courtney and I (with another friend) with Jessie, Woody and Bullseye

Hello ladies! I am in for this pretrip report popcorn:: Just for a few comments: Le Cellier is amazing! I'm not sure about the other one.. I've never eaten there.. But I do love Le Cellier. It has the most delicious steak (so if any of you are steak lovers... you will be amazed at how amazing it is!) Their deserts were a little strange to me but really interesting to try.. Pumpkin icecream! I'd never tried it before I went, but it was pretty cool. I love all of the pictures! My goal is to get as many pictures with characters as possible.. You guys got some cool ones. When you take pictures with them, do you like interracting with them too?

I'm so excited to go to Le Cellier! I'm really glad we were able to get an ADR!

When it comes to meeting characters I tend to take the characters lead. We've always had great experiences with characters, especially face characters. If you just have fun with them they will do the same:)

Ps. I love your avatar!

You'll love it! It's delicious, and I like the atmosphere!
Characters are the best. I like the ones who really interact with you! I'm so envious of you guys right now! I want to go so badly! Lucky girls!

Today is the day! Ashley and Courtney are already living it up at Animal Kingdom while I am waiting to take off. Rain in NY has left a flights cancelled. My original flight was at 6:55 but I was able to get on an earlier flight (for $40) which was supposed to leave at 3:57. It's now 4:35 and our plane is 17th in line. Luckily I will still get in much earlier than expected.

I am really looking forward to this trip. It'll be my last trip to Disney World before we have kids and I really need a break from the stress of work.

I am hoping everything goes well this trip. One week ago I sprained my ankle pretty badly. I was on crutches and was in a lot of pain. When I told my dr. about my upcoming trip to WDW he suggested I rent a wheelchair of my ankle starts to swell. He also told me no excessive walking. Hahaha! Yeah right! We will see. I have to listen to my body but it's been feeling pretty good for the last few days. As long as I wear the brace he gave me I feel alright. We will see.

I better turn my phone off. I can't wait to come back and write the trip before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter