You've got 3 hrs to plan/pack, 3 days at WDW & 50 hrs of driving...GO!

i could so do a trip like this someday, except for the straight drive. We now make 1500 miles in 2 1/2 days

Love it! I thought I was nuts when I planned a trip leaving Friday on Wednesday! Oh I wish I could do that!

We did a last minute trip to WDW after a Memorial Day weekend in Destin with my folks. We shopped a Disney Store outlet and I looked at my DH:
"On a scale from 1-10, how much would you like to leave now and go to WDW?"
DH: "A 10!"
Me: "Great! Let's wash all the clothes tonight and go!"
DH: "Okay! Let's surprise the kids."
Me: "Great!"

And so we went! Got 3 nights at POR and loved it. All we did was MK and Epcot. So-o-o-o worth it! The quickie spur-of-the-moment trips are so great!

Thanks for the story. Sounds like lots of fun!

Lady, you should write for a tv series. You know all about the cliffhangers! ;) I know it's hard to do these and life at the same time, so :thumbsup2! Our DDs are 10 and 3, so the driving is much more adventurous. We tend to drive in the overnight, hoping for sleep! However, the problem came when DH needed to sleep, we would roll into a rest area for 30 minutes, and both kids would wake up and need a potty. Everyone was wide awake, except him. Coming home, he let go of his ego and fear and let me drive some! We have a plan for tag teaming the driving this year, so I hope it's peaceful!

Stinkerbell- I just finished treatment in February and we are celebrating too- we're going next week!

Jen...I love reading your posts. You crack me up. You are right about Ill. being the LONGEST state EVER!! We we be making the drive from madtown to WDW the end of May so it was helpful to see how long it took you and I love how you track everything. I have a sister in Minneapolis and we live in Madison...kind of funny. Look forward to your last post :)

Hello neighbor :) I'm in North St Paul & we are thinking about driving down in August............Can't wait to read the rest!!!!

What an awesome, incredibly spontaneous thing to do! I LOVE it!! I live for things like that. You guys are going to remember that trip for a lifetime :)

I live in the near western suburbs, but used to live in Woodbury. (So you had about half an hour head start from there...boy, would I love to go to WDW that impulsively!:yay:) My DS and I are really enjoying your TR. (His logical little mind can't quite wrap around the spontaneity of your trip, but he's still enjoying it.) Can't wait to read more!:banana::banana:

Hey Jen!

All that driving, and you still had the presence of mind (or lack of Mickey D's!) to shop in the grocery store and have a healthy breakfast! I'm sure that was just the first of a string of great food choices!

Maria :upsidedow

IMG_0057.jpg

this was taken in 2008!
032.jpg
This was taken last year with my iphone, sorry it's fuzzy!
Sorry for the hijack, Jen :)

Sorry to hijack as well.....we recently went to Carolina Beach for the first time and ate at Britts (or shall I say indulged!). We're going back for Memorial Day weekend too. Any recs of what else we should do/eat in that area!

Still love this trippie. I want to do something that spontaneous someday!

Loving your report so far! Reminds me of a spur of the moment trip to Disneyland we took in 2006 with my daughter who was only 3 months old! I was up early with the baby and got the idea that we should drive to Disneyland for Mother's Day....went in and woke up my husband and asked if he wanted to go to Disney that day and he was in! It was an awesome trip even though EVERYONE thought we were nuts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter