• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Youth Lunch and Youth Dinner: Question?

Alohakoa

Earning My Ears
Hi there,
Noticed on the navigator that it says Youth Lunch and Youth Dinner.. 5-7p (?) on the Fantasy... What does this mean? Is this different from Dine and Play during the second seating? We are first seating... but wondering if this was an option to get some alone time with my DH! Thanks!!!

This is when they actually provide food for the kids who are in the clubs at that time. The dine and play option does not involve feeding the kids. That is simply when they pick up the kids during second seating at the MDRs and take them to the club. It is easy to do this during early seating simply by letting the servers know that the kids want to go to the club after they eat, which they usually do anyway. We started doing this back in 2003. The kids would be finished eating before we were served our entree and one of us took them to the club. It only takes a few minutes to go between the MDR, the club and back. We then enjoyed the rest of our dinner and DS had fun with his friends.

Alohakoa said:
Hi there,
Noticed on the navigator that it says Youth Lunch and Youth Dinner.. 5-7p (?) on the Fantasy... What does this mean? Is this different from Dine and Play during the second seating? We are first seating... but wondering if this was an option to get some alone time with my DH! Thanks!!!

The quality of food is not that great for lunch and dinner. They usually get a sandwich, veggie, chips and drink.

So let's see if I get this right.... 1) If kids are in labs-- they can have lunch there (we don't have to get them for lunch) and 2) Since we have early seating.. and if kids are done with their dinner... one of us can shuttle them to the kids clubs?

So let's see if I get this right.... 1) If kids are in labs-- they can have lunch there (we don't have to get them for lunch) and 2) Since we have early seating.. and if kids are done with their dinner... one of us can shuttle them to the kids clubs?

It's as simple as that. :thumbsup2

Do be aware that there is food provided but the club/lab doesn't come to a standstill for lunch. Kids are not required to eat and if playing video games or something, may not choose to eat. It's a pretty short window for lunch. 12-1 pm I think. My kid would never stop to eat if we left him there during lunch...blood sugar plummets and we get a crabby kid later!

They use to take the kids to Topsiders for lunch and dinner. Do they not do that anymore?

No, they bring the food into the clubs now. My kids preferred it when they used to take them up to the buffet or into one of the dining rooms to eat. There was a much better selection of food. For lunch anyway they now serve sandwiches and veggie sticks. My kids won't eat there anymore.

And the sandwiches are tiny! We had the kids eat lunch there while we were at palo brunch but then had to take them to get a real lunch afterward.

Yes. However, the food served in the kid programming is icky. No, they do not take them out of the Club/Lab area any more, they bring the food in. Limited selection, small servings, boring. But it does provide an option.

And at dinner, just ask your server to expedite the kid's food. Then as soon as they are done, you can take them elsewhere if desired.

If that is the case, I would take the kids up to the pool deck to get something to eat before taking them to the club if they are going to be there during "meal time".

lbgraves said:
If that is the case, I would take the kids up to the pool deck to get something to eat before taking them to the club if they are going to be there during "meal time".

That's totally what I would do! DS never wanted to eat in the club. Cold turkey sandwiches in the club or unlimited hot pizza and burgers on the pool deck? :)

That's totally what I would do! DS never wanted to eat in the club. Cold turkey sandwiches in the club or unlimited hot pizza and burgers on the pool deck? :)

Exactly....and supervision from mom/dad who know kid's likes and dislikes vs. supervision from CMs with their own rules re food. Pool deck food is much better, and if you/they want to go "healthy," these options are there too.

I order the kids room service and they eat while I'm getting ready for dinner, then we drop them off at the club ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter