You're the best parents in the world! I gotta pee! Where's My Tooth? Trip report!

I hate it when my house is a mess. As a matter of fact, I am going straight home to clean when I get off work. I told Sheri the other night not to walk on my hardwood floors with her socks on or they would be dirty. She laughed but it was true. Have a great weekend and a good garage sale so Lacey can have spending money. I can't believe your time is coming so fast. I'll check facebook right now.

Sounds like you've got a busy weekend ahead of you! I love having yard sales, unfortunately I don't have enough to put out right now. DH is a pack rat and I am not, so anything that I want to get rid of, he wants to keep! Oh well!

I hope you have fun. I'm sure Jesse won't notice at all that your house is not "spotless". Most men don't. My neighbor will come over and I'll say "nevermind the mess" and he'll say, "I haven't noticed!". And he wasn't just being nice. He didn't even notice!

Well, have a good day and I'll be on the lookout for the udpate. Send us a PM with your FB link.

Where will you be staying when you go to Disney?

This is our 4th trip as a family. The very first time we stayed at Fort Wilderness. We went with my DMIL and DFIL so we stayed in there camper that time. Since then we have been going on our own, just me and my two boys (DH34 and DS9) :lmao: we have always stayed at POP. Just love it there. We have always requested the same room and have either gotten that room or the room right next door. :thumbsup2

In fact, last year we had the same mousekeeper that we had the year before. And she even remembered us! :thumbsup2 The year before my DS9 (7 years old then) would always color a picture and leave the tip on it. Well he didn't intend for her to take the tip, not the picture! So he would be a little upset every night when we would come back to the hotel and his picture was gone. :lmao:

Anyway, when we seen her last year she asked us if we were there the year before because she was certain that she was our mousekeeper. She said she recognized our son. And get this - she still had his pictures on her fridge!!! :thumbsup2 She is a lovely elderly lady who was originally from Mexico. She was great! She even knocked on our door to see when we were checking out because she had a couple days off and wanted to make some washcloth pals for our DS. We assured here we would be there when she returned. She left something for him everyday. And on my graduation day (We went to Disney for my M.S. graduation last year- instead of marching) she left me a Minnie Mouse head with beads and everything. :lovestruc

Maybe some day we'll grow up and move to a moderate or deluxe resort but for now, POP is our home because they just feel like family. :lovestruc

Liz

Since your staying at CBR - If your interested - when we went to Disney in '07 we went to CBR for my DS to do a pirate cruise. Well once he was done we buried something there. If your interested in finding it I can tell you where we buried it. :)

Some friends of ours were supposed to be staying there a month or two after our trip, so we buried something there for them to find, but they ended up changing resort :eek: and stayed at Sarasota Springs. So as far as we know it's still there. :rotfl:

Liz

Back to the trip report......we walked over to Frontierland via Fantasyland because we were hungry and wanted to eat at Pecos Bill's. Before we stopped for lunch though, my mission was to get Fastpasses for Splash Mountain. I ducked over to the wooden walkway while John and Hunter waited for me outside of the shootin' gallery.

Just as I get the last Fastpass out of the machine, John calls me on my cell and asks where I am. I told him that I had just gotten the last Fastpass and asked him why? He said Hunter had gotten chosen to participate in the Woody's Roundup street show thing (I think that's what it is called.) and was riding a stick horse around in the crowds. Of course, I had the camera. I wanted to get some pictures and knew that I had to hotfoot it over there if I wanted to get them. But, first things first, I had to put away our park tickets and Fastpasses. Don't want to lose those!

I turn around to see massive crowds. Crap! There's probably no way to bust my way through and get to John and Hunter in time to see Hunter in the show. I wiggled my way through and back on to the wooden walkway and my phone rang. "Don't get in any hurry, they are finishing up." Shoot! I wanted to see. I spot John and he waves to me. I got there just as the show ended and Hunter was being given a hug by.....oh my gosh.....the horse.....what's his name.......I can't remember. Another picture taking opportunity missed. Phooey!

Hunter came out and asked if I saw him and I told him I didn't but his Dad did and told me all about it. Then, he proclaimed that he was about to pass out from hunger and we just had to go eat now. You know we never feed him, right.:laughing:

We get in line at Pecos Bill's and it's not too terribly long but it wasn't short either. We did the usual routine....John and Hunter told me what they wanted...they went and found a table....John stayed at the table and Hunter came back to stay with me until he could show me the way back to the table. It's a pretty good system of "table holding". If I am remembering correctly....

****INTERRUPTION! Bullseye! That's the horse's name.

.....we all ordered burgers and Sprites. I don't know if I told you in the first Magic Kingdom day post but we love the fixin's bar at Pecos Bill's. The sauteed mushrooms and onions are so good. What I usually do is take our food to the table and then take the tray back to the fixin's bar with me. I line the tray with napkins and then put all of the fixin's on the tray. That way, we aren't going back and forth with all of our food. I can just take the tray back and we all add the stuff to our burgers. The mushrooms, sauteed onions and condiments go in the little cup things that they have near the mustard, mayo and ketchup.

I'm going to tell you what John does with all the leftover fixin's. It's really nasty but he likes it. Would he do this at home? Absolutely not! But, he does it every time he's at Disney. It's gross so be warned.

He saves a few fries and then dumps all of the leftover fixin's (tomatoes, onions, pickles, lettuce, etc.) into the fry tray. He mixes it all up and then drops on the mayo and mustard and mixes it all up again. It's totally disgusting to us but he says that it's about like eating a tossed salad. Hum? I don't think so!:sad2:

We took our time eating because we had almost three hours before we could use our Splash Mountain Fastpasses. After we had all eaten and John finished his whatever you want to call it, we walked over to Adventureland and took a ride on Pirates of the Caribbean and looked around in the store afterwards. Every year, we buy my mother some kind of small blown glass figure and the cart outside of Pirates of the Caribbean has really pretty ones. I found a cute little hummingbird and it wasn't too pricey either. The guy wrapped it really well for me and sent it to package pickup.

Because the parade would be starting soon, we figured we better get on the Splash Mountain/Big Thunder Mountain side of Frontierland before we got stuck on the Pecos Bill's side. We walked over to Big Thunder Mountain and it had a wait of 40 minutes. Oh well, we couldn't get another Fastpass for a while so we hopped in line. We really didn't wait an entire 40 minutes. I think it was more like 39! :rotfl: Seriously, we really did time it and it was 39. :laughing:

We finally get to the part where you get on. Hunter wanted to ride by himself in a car while John and I rode together. Finally....pictures to post.
100_1054-1.jpg

100_1055-1.jpg

100_1056-2.jpg

100_1058-1.jpg

100_1062-1.jpg

100_1063-1.jpg

100_1061-1.jpg

Ya think Hunter liked it?
100_1060-1.jpg

I tried to find the hidden Tinkerbell on the pathway exit but there were lots of people behind me and I couldn't stop. Don't those people know that I've gotta look for hidden characters? Apparently not!

By this time, it was getting pretty hot outside and, since we didn't have any dessert at Pecos Bill's we decided we needed some ice cream. I'm allergic to milk so I don't eat too much "real" ice cream. I get headaches and nosebleeds if I eat too many milk products. I usually get the frozen juice bars which I love anyway. This time around, I got a strawberry juice bar, John got an ice cream sandwich and Hunter got one too. Here's another "Ahhh, I dropped my ice cream" picture. It's not as good as John's was but nevertheless, we took it.
100_1064-1.jpg

And then just one of Hunter chillin'
100_1065-1.jpg

I looked over at the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad wait time and was glad that we had gotten in line when we did.
100_1066-1.jpg

Remember I told you that Hunter wasn't a fan of Splash Mountain and we let him skip it on our first Magic Kingdom day? Well, it was now time to use our Fastpasses and he was really trying to talk his way out of riding it. But, he had promised that he would and John and I were making him stick to his promise. During this conversation, Hunter finally told us why he was scared of Splash Mountain. The first year he was tall enough to ride it, he sat with his daddy. Hunter now reveals that his daddy didn't hold him tight enough and he thought he was going to fall out of the log on the way down. Why didn't the boy tell us that before now? We have always made him ride Splash Mountain even though he didn't want to. I know. I know. Bad parents but I figured he'd like it once we got on and we only made him ride it once every trip.

So this time, I told Hunter he'd sit with me and I swore I'd keep my arm tight around him throughout the entire ride. I also made sure to point out all of the details along the ride....like the possums hanging from the tree, the turtles lying on their backs, etc. He liked the ride better but hated the last drop. He says he's going to ride again this year and that he'll probably like it. We'll see.

Oh and when did you start getting soaked on Splash Mountain? We used to get a little splash here and there and this time we got wet ! I know it was August and it was hot and all but I wasn't expecting to get really wet. Of course, after we got off the ride, we had to look around in the store a little while. Hunter declared that the ride made him thirsty so we got a Sprite from the store. All that air hitting his open mouth as he screamed probably dried his mouth out. :laughing: That was mean wasn't it. Sorry!:flower3:

We made a pit stop in the bathrooms before we went to pick up our hitchhiker at the Haunted Mansion.

*****I'll stop here because I need to start working on the stuff on my desk. It's already 10:20 a.m. and all I've done is check my emails and answer the phones. :rolleyes1

Since your staying at CBR - If your interested - when we went to Disney in '07 we went to CBR for my DS to do a pirate cruise. Well once he was done we buried something there. If your interested in finding it I can tell you where we buried it. :)

Some friends of ours were supposed to be staying there a month or two after our trip, so we buried something there for them to find, but they ended up changing resort :eek: and stayed at Sarasota Springs. So as far as we know it's still there. :rotfl:

Liz

Oh my word! We'd love to find your buried treasure! P.M. me the information so we can look for it. Wouldn't this be a fun thing to start! It'd be like a "pay it forward" treasure hunt.

Hey we are staying at CBR in september i would love to have the kids find tresure!!! PS LOVE YOUR TRIP REPORT:hippie:

I hate it when my house is a mess. As a matter of fact, I am going straight home to clean when I get off work. I told Sheri the other night not to walk on my hardwood floors with her socks on or they would be dirty. She laughed but it was true. Have a great weekend and a good garage sale so Lacey can have spending money. I can't believe your time is coming so fast. I'll check facebook right now.

I am usually a pretty good housekeeper. My mama has an saying that there's "dirt" and then there's "dirty dirt". "Dirt" is the kind that's just been there a little while and you haven't had the time to clean up yet. "Dirty dirt" is the kind that's been there forever because you're too lazy to get off your butt and clean. Right now, the house falls in the "dirt" category.:laughing:

I have the garage sale stuff priced sooooo low that even if we sold it all, we won't be making a whole bunch of money but that's okay.

Sounds like you've got a busy weekend ahead of you! I love having yard sales, unfortunately I don't have enough to put out right now. DH is a pack rat and I am not, so anything that I want to get rid of, he wants to keep! Oh well!

I hope you have fun. I'm sure Jesse won't notice at all that your house is not "spotless". Most men don't. My neighbor will come over and I'll say "nevermind the mess" and he'll say, "I haven't noticed!". And he wasn't just being nice. He didn't even notice!

Well, have a good day and I'll be on the lookout for the udpate. Send us a PM with your FB link.

I have people come over and say "your house is so clean". I'm thinking "what the heck does your house look like 'cause this ain't clean!" Jesse has lived with four other guys, in a two bedroom duplex, for three years now so I'm sure it won't look bad to him. It just does to me.

We live in a log home and for some reason, it seems to collect dust really badly. I think if I can get my floors clean and the house dusted, I'll feel better.

This is our 4th trip as a family. The very first time we stayed at Fort Wilderness. We went with my DMIL and DFIL so we stayed in there camper that time. Since then we have been going on our own, just me and my two boys (DH34 and DS9) :lmao: we have always stayed at POP. Just love it there. We have always requested the same room and have either gotten that room or the room right next door. :thumbsup2

In fact, last year we had the same mousekeeper that we had the year before. And she even remembered us! :thumbsup2 The year before my DS9 (7 years old then) would always color a picture and leave the tip on it. Well he didn't intend for her to take the tip, not the picture! So he would be a little upset every night when we would come back to the hotel and his picture was gone. :lmao:

Anyway, when we seen her last year she asked us if we were there the year before because she was certain that she was our mousekeeper. She said she recognized our son. And get this - she still had his pictures on her fridge!!! :thumbsup2 She is a lovely elderly lady who was originally from Mexico. She was great! She even knocked on our door to see when we were checking out because she had a couple days off and wanted to make some washcloth pals for our DS. We assured here we would be there when she returned. She left something for him everyday. And on my graduation day (We went to Disney for my M.S. graduation last year- instead of marching) she left me a Minnie Mouse head with beads and everything. :lovestruc

Maybe some day we'll grow up and move to a moderate or deluxe resort but for now, POP is our home because they just feel like family. :lovestruc

Liz

Awww! How nice that the housekeeper remembered ya'll and she still had the picture. Isn't Disney magical?!?!

Hey we are staying at CBR in september i would love to have the kids find tresure!!! PS LOVE YOUR TRIP REPORT:hippie:

I am so stoked about this "pay it forward treasure hunt" idea. Let's do it! When we go, we'll bury something for you guys and then p.m. you with the information on where it is. Then, you can do it for someone visiting the CBR. I'm lovin' it!

I am so stoked about this "pay it forward treasure hunt" idea. Let's do it! When we go, we'll bury something for you guys and then p.m. you with the information on where it is. Then, you can do it for someone visiting the CBR. I'm lovin' it![/QUOTE]

We are in. WE would love to do this. It would be great. Maybe start a new thread about this, and just keep it going.:wizard::cheer2:

I am so stoked about this "pay it forward treasure hunt" idea. Let's do it! When we go, we'll bury something for you guys and then p.m. you with the information on where it is. Then, you can do it for someone visiting the CBR. I'm lovin' it!

We are in. WE would love to do this. It would be great. Maybe start a new thread about this, and just keep it going.:wizard::cheer2:[/QUOTE]

I am going to start a thread right now! I'm thinking of a really good title as we speak...well type.:laughing:

We are in. WE would love to do this. It would be great. Maybe start a new thread about this, and just keep it going.:wizard::cheer2:

I am going to start a thread right now! I'm thinking of a really good title as we speak...well type.:laughing:[/QUOTE]

Oh, how fun. I want to do it. Of course I'm not going but if I were I would do it. What a fun thing for the kids to do. You girls are so smart. I guess that is one of the reasons I like you. Wish it would rub off. Please.:laughing:

I am going to start a thread right now! I'm thinking of a really good title as we speak...well type.:laughing:

Oh, how fun. I want to do it. Of course I'm not going but if I were I would do it. What a fun thing for the kids to do. You girls are so smart. I guess that is one of the reasons I like you. Wish it would rub off. Please.:laughing:[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to think of a really good thread title and the right way to do this. I'm thinking about going over to one of the old fridge swap thread and see exactly how they did that since the "pay it forward treasure" would work similarly. I also don't want anybody to get offended that we're digging around the Disney resort grounds.:laughing:

And you need to just shut your mouth....you're smart already! :flower3:

I almost forgot with all the excitement and chit chatting we've been doing. I don't know if I'll get any more of our Magic Kingdom day posted today. More than likely, you'll have to be satisified with the little bit I posted earlier.

I almost forgot with all the excitement and chit chatting we've been doing. I don't know if I'll get any more of our Magic Kingdom day posted today. More than likely, you'll have to be satisified with the little bit I posted earlier.

I was so gonna post today too but that work thing got in the way. At least at noon I put the answering service on. So no more phone calls. If I don't get a chance to talk anymore today, everyone have a great weekend. Wish it was my birthday again. I would love a dessert.:rotfl2:

I was so gonna post today too but that work thing got in the way. At least at noon I put the answering service on. So no more phone calls. If I don't get a chance to talk anymore today, everyone have a great weekend. Wish it was my birthday again. I would love a dessert.:rotfl2:

Sometimes I don't know what bosses are thinking. We have to work just 'cause they pay us? What's up with that?:laughing:

You've got just 30 minutes until you can turn on the answering service.

Go get a dessert!

You can tell my mind is moving a mile a minute today because I keep forgetting to tell ya'll things.

Hunter is such a funny guy. Last night, we had all of the garage sale stuff scattered all over the house, in the back of the truck and on the carport. Of course, there's a bunch of his old clothes, some of his old toys, a few of his plastic swords,VHS movies, etc.

Hunter stood in the middle of the carport and asked "What are you doing? Selling away my entire childhood?"

Poor baby! He has so much stuff still in his room, you can't walk but we're selling away his "entire childhood".:rotfl:

Sometimes I don't know what bosses are thinking. We have to work just 'cause they pay us? What's up with that?:laughing:

You've got just 30 minutes until you can turn on the answering service.

Go get a dessert!

I cheated yesterday. A drug rep brought in cookies from a local bake shop. Chocolate chip and no bakes. I had one of each. I really don't think anyone is going to help me on my weight loss journey. I really don't help myself either. :rotfl:

I did get a new dishwasher last night. Remember mine broke last Thursday night. I have had to do dishes by hand since. I don't like it. Sheri says something smart to me like " Gee Mom, there are only the two of you," Let her wash a dish by hand and see how she feels. They are delivering it next Wednesday.

You can tell my mind is moving a mile a minute today because I keep forgetting to tell ya'll things.

Hunter is such a funny guy. Last night, we had all of the garage sale stuff scattered all over the house, in the back of the truck and on the carport. Of course, there's a bunch of his old clothes, some of his old toys, a few of his plastic swords,VHS movies, etc.

Hunter stood in the middle of the carport and asked "What are you doing? Selling away my entire childhood?"

Poor baby! He has so much stuff still in his room, you can't walk but we're selling away his "entire childhood".:rotfl:

What a hoot. That Hunter can sure come up with the comments can't he? When my children were in their 20's I had a sale and sold this old ceramic ashtray on a stand (we don't smoke) that they used to run there hot wheels on when they were small and a picture of some flowers they bought for me years ago at wal mart. Comment: " you've sold our inheritance". I laughed so hard. I can't believe of all the stuff I sold those two items meant the most to them. Kids! Go figure.

Okay, Lisa, I'm caught up. I was 16 pages behind! Geez!

We've been back since Monday, but I had some other things I had to get caught up on too (I know, there's life outside the Dis? What a concept). And I had to make the Coaches' Gifts on Photoshop. All 6 of them.

My poor kids have been neglected this morning.

Have you found a definite replacement yet?

And WHAT did Ginny get for her birthday? Did I completely miss that somewhere. It was the day before and then....nothing. Someone fill me in.

Okay, I gotta go exercise and run to the bank. I'm hoping to get an update on my report sometime today, but who knows. We've got the All Star team party tonight and then apparently we're going camping for the weekend with friends. I haven't camped since before my kids were born. Thankfully the campground is about 1/2 a mile from my house. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter