You're the best parents in the world! I gotta pee! Where's My Tooth? Trip report!

Hey, just wanted you to know that I popped in on your thread with the pictures from 1973. It's closed for some reason, but I wanted to say those pics are Awesome! What a cool perspective to see then vs. now. I'm sure I have some from the 80's, but they are probably all polaroids and faded beyond recoginition. I'll have to ask my parents.

Do you have any more that you can post? I'm headed over to check out your TR.

My dad had taken them and they were on slides. THere weren't too many from MK, since that wasw the only park at the time. We hadalso gone to Cypress Gardens and Bush Gardens on that trip. I remember that the only ride at Bush Gardens at that time was a train ride and you could ride an elephant. I'll have to check with Dad to see if he has anymore.

I know I've already had my "vent of the day" but I figure since I started this thread, I can vent more than once a day.

You guys all know that I've been planning our August, 2009 trip since August, 2008. In February, I started making plans to have somebody stand in for me while I am gone on vacation. My boss and I have an attorney friend (We've both know her for years. She's my boss' best friend.) who said she had a friend (Mary) who really needed part time/fill in jobs since she had to quit her job at the District Attorney's office when she got sick last year. If Mary couldn't do it, we had a backup plan. We'd get Mandy (who filled in for me last year) to remain on standby just in case we needed her. Both ladies confirmed to our attorney friend that they would do it. I gave them exact dates and all the details of what they would have to do.

Well, today we get a call from our attorney friend who was seeking my boss' advise on a domestic matter. I mentioned how glad I was that Mary was going to stand in for me. Um......there's a problem......I've been meaning to call you for a couple of weeks.....Mary's going to be sitting with a friend who is having a hysterectomy (is that the right spelling?). Okay, I'll make sure Mandy knows. I call up attorney friend's secretary (Mandy's grandmother), and tell her that Mandy needs to plan on filling in. Um......there's a problem.....I've keep thinking I need to call you......Mandy can't fill in for you. Holy *** (Insert that s word I said I used every once in a while.)

Mind you, I have spoken with both attorney and/or attorney secretary no less than a dozen times in the last month. Why the heck didn't either one of them say something during one of those conversations?

Now I'm 13 days from leaving for vacation and I have to find somebody to fill in for me. It has to be somebody that one of us knows. We can't just trust all of our clients' confidential information to just anyone. Hecka decka!

I've got all of my "feelers" out. I am just about to burst with frustration!:eek::scared1::mad::scared:

Okay vent over. But I'm still mad!

Please vent. I hate when people wait to talmost the last minute to let you know that they can't do something for you that you have been counting on. :mad:

I know. I never say anything and if they say something I will respond. One lady is a secretary at the school and I never said anything but she went and told everyone that I was here so it's cool with her. Most of them admit to coming here cause the feel better. If Don is with me and we see someone he generally walks away so they don't feel he is invading on their privacy. I wish most of them would ignore me but nooooooooooo....... they love to talk.

Tell me about it! We've been in the grocery store before and I'll turn around and start walking the other way. John will just look at me and ask "client?"
He knows the drill by now.

My dad had taken them and they were on slides. THere weren't too many from MK, since that wasw the only park at the time. We hadalso gone to Cypress Gardens and Bush Gardens on that trip. I remember that the only ride at Bush Gardens at that time was a train ride and you could ride an elephant. I'll have to check with Dad to see if he has anymore.

I'd love to see more!

Please vent. I hate when people wait to talmost the last minute to let you know that they can't do something for you that you have been counting on. :mad:

Why in the world these two "friends" didn't say something to either me or my boss, I don't know. That's what has upset me the most.

Lisa you are going to have to join Connie, Mel and me on FB. You can wait till you get back from the trip but then we would like to see you.
Ginny

Lisa you are going to have to join Connie, Mel and me on FB. You can wait till you get back from the trip but then we would like to see you.
Ginny

Lacey has a Facebook account. I have a My Space account that I have no idea how to use but Lacey did it for me about a year ago. I'll get her to set me up a Facebook account while she's home. That'll give her something else to do. Like she doesn't have anything to do already.

Last night, she spoke and did a lesson for our Crossroads college class at church. She said it went really well. I wouldn't know because she never lets us see what she does. The only time we have ever seen her perform was at the one thing the mission kids did in our hometown last year. She never lets us hear her sing, watch her dance, listen to her play the guitar, nothing. Says she gets embarassed. Doesn't make sense to me since she plays before thousands and thousands of people at a time but only when her mom and dad aren't in the crowd. She was even on a morning show on Atlanta television and played her guitar and sang. Did I get a copy? No!:confused3

Lacey has a Facebook account. I have a My Space account that I have no idea how to use but Lacey did it for me about a year ago. I'll get her to set me up a Facebook account while she's home. That'll give her something else to do. Like she doesn't have anything to do already.

Last night, she spoke and did a lesson for our Crossroads college class at church. She said it went really well. I wouldn't know because she never lets us see what she does. The only time we have ever seen her perform was at the one thing the mission kids did in our hometown last year. She never lets us hear her sing, watch her dance, listen to her play the guitar, nothing. Says she gets embarassed. Doesn't make sense to me since she plays before thousands and thousands of people at a time but only when her mom and dad aren't in the crowd. She was even on a morning show on Atlanta television and played her guitar and sang. Did I get a copy? No!:confused3

I have an aquaintance in tv production. Get the date she was on and they will make a copy for you. If it was in the past year. You have an amazing daughter and what she has chosen for her life work is totally awesome. I know how proud you are and you should be. The not wanting you to see dates back to a young age when they don't want to "mess up" in front of you and get embarassed. They never out grow it.

Have her set up your FB. Sheri won't let her kids do Myspace but will FB so that is why I did FB. All of my cousins formed a Siegrist cousins account this year. What fun we have had.

Cool! :thumbsup2

I was wondering this morning if you had a FB account, Lisa. I was thinking we needed you to come over, and then Ginny popped up with her request. Great minds! I'm telling you - we all think alike!

I have an aquaintance in tv production. Get the date she was on and they will make a copy for you. If it was in the past year. You have an amazing daughter and what she has chosen for her life work is totally awesome. I know how proud you are and you should be. The not wanting you to see dates back to a young age when they don't want to "mess up" in front of you and get embarassed. They never out grow it.

Have her set up your FB. Sheri won't let her kids do Myspace but will FB so that is why I did FB. All of my cousins formed a Siegrist cousins account this year. What fun we have had.

It was some time between August last year and now. I'll have to see if I can weazle it out of her somehow.

She never took a dance lesson, music lesson or singing lesson in her entire life. She's self taught.

I guess, one day, I'll get to see her speak, sing, dance or play her guitar. :confused3

I went to Facebook and signed up. I'll have to get Lacey to do all the other stuff so I won't be just a blank blue face.;)

I was wondering this morning if you had a FB account, Lisa. I was thinking we needed you to come over, and then Ginny popped up with her request. Great minds! I'm telling you - we all think alike!

I'll try to get Lacey to finish up my Facebook page and then tell ya'll when she's done.

It was some time between August last year and now. I'll have to see if I can weazle it out of her somehow.

She never took a dance lesson, music lesson or singing lesson in her entire life. She's self taught.

I guess, one day, I'll get to see her speak, sing, dance or play her guitar.

They say that skips a generation. I know all of that skipped me for sure. She looks the talented type. I bet anything she sets her mind to it gets done. Does she take after Mom and Dad perchance?

They say that skips a generation. I know all of that skipped me for sure. She looks the talented type. I bet anything she sets her mind to it gets done. Does she take after Mom and Dad perchance?

All of the men in John's family can play some kind of instrument with the exception of John. But, he's good with his hands and can make any kind of furniture or cabinet that you could ever want. John's sister sings as does John.

My mother can play the piano and so can most of my female first cousins. My sister writes books and can paint like a dream. My niece attends art school in Sarasota and has, at 22, already had some of her pieces commissioned and has traveled to France. Hunter can draw really well too.

Me? I can type really really fast. That's it!:rotfl2:

All of the men in John's family can play some kind of instrument with the exception of John. But, he's good with his hands and can make any kind of furniture or cabinet that you could ever want. John's sister sings as does John.

My mother can play the piano and so can most of my female first cousins. My sister writes books and can paint like a dream. My niece attends art school in Sarasota and has, at 22, already had some of her pieces commissioned and has traveled to France. Hunter can draw really well too.

Me? I can type really really fast. That's it!:rotfl2:

I can type really fast. Just don't count the errors.:lmao: I have no talents but loving my family and the ONE above and you do to. Can't get much better than that.

Hi! :) I am a lurker but wanted to comment on your space mountain quandry. You said you have only ever gotten to go on the left side. Well I am the opposite of you - I have only ever been on the right side! :laughing: Apparently we need to switch lives one time so we both get to go on the other side!
Really like your ghost stories. :upsidedow

Just wanted to say that I found your trip report today and have spent a good chunk of my day being addicted to your posts. You are a wicked good story teller!! So much so, that my husband got an abbreviated version of your trip from me in the checkout line of Wal Mart this evening. :rotfl2: Some of the posts were just to funny not to share!!! :rotfl: Just what I needed to get past the next 25 days before our trip to Disney!! :thumbsup2

Liz

Hi! :) I am a lurker but wanted to comment on your space mountain quandry. You said you have only ever gotten to go on the left side. Well I am the opposite of you - I have only ever been on the right side! :laughing: Apparently we need to switch lives one time so we both get to go on the other side!
Really like your ghost stories. :upsidedow

You're not a lurker......at least not any more.:laughing: I just wonder why neither of us have been able to try the other side of Space Mountain. I thought it was just a quirk that we hadn't been on the right side.

The ghosties are always playing around at the office. Thank goodness I am not easily scared.

Just wanted to say that I found your trip report today and have spent a good chunk of my day being addicted to your posts. You are a wicked good story teller!! So much so, that my husband got an abbreviated version of your trip from me in the checkout line of Wal Mart this evening. :rotfl2: Some of the posts were just to funny not to share!!! :rotfl: Just what I needed to get past the next 25 days before our trip to Disney!! :thumbsup2

Liz

Hi Liz! Welcome to the trip report! You sound like me....when I start reading (or working on) a report, I find myself checking my emails more often or just minimizing the disboards so I can get back to them when I have a minute at work.

I appreciate your "wicked good story teller" comment. I've never been too shy to tell a story or too shy to talk to strangers. I'll tell anybody who will listen my Disney stories.:rolleyes1 The Disboards are an absolute dream for somebody like me....a talker!:lmao:

I hope you'll share all the little details with your husband. I actual like the fact that I can provide you guys with a whole lotta chuckles. Who wants to be boring?:confused3

Where will you be staying when you go to Disney?

Another great update, Lisa!!:goodvibes

Thanks for the tip on Buzz!! (to aim for the targets further away) You know,I need all the help I can get!!:lmao: Maybe next month..I can actually beat those boys of mine!!:thumbsup2

That's too funny about the ladies sitting behind you on Stitch!!:rotfl:

I hope everything works out for you with work! My fingers are crossed.;)

Hi I have been luking on this page for a while so I thought I would say hello

I have to tell you the right side of space mountain was the best. For some reason it did not jerk you around as much. Maybe with the renovations things will be better on both sides. I have just asked the cast member if I could go right and they always say sure. Maybe next time when it opens you'll get to ride on the right.

Looking forward to the rest of your TR:wizard:

Another great update, Lisa!!:goodvibes

Thanks for the tip on Buzz!! (to aim for the targets further away) You know,I need all the help I can get!!:lmao: Maybe next month..I can actually beat those boys of mine!!:thumbsup2

That's too funny about the ladies sitting behind you on Stitch!!:rotfl:

I hope everything works out for you with work! My fingers are crossed.;)

I don't remember how I found out about aiming for the furthest targets on Buzz but it does seem to work. I think somebody even said the volcano gets lots and lots and lots of points.

The ladies behind us on Stitch were absolutely hilarious. I don't think I even paid attention to Stitch because we were too busy listening to those ladies.

We once rode Star Tours with a church group of preteen girls. They were also screaming and yelling "Jesus save us!". Funny!

Oh I know everything here are work is going to work out. I have no doubt. No matter what, we are leaving after work on the 5th!

Hi I have been luking on this page for a while so I thought I would say hello

I have to tell you the right side of space mountain was the best. For some reason it did not jerk you around as much. Maybe with the renovations things will be better on both sides. I have just asked the cast member if I could go right and they always say sure. Maybe next time when it opens you'll get to ride on the right.

Looking forward to the rest of your TR:wizard:

Hello! I'm glad that you decided to check in. It's always nice to hear from a new reader.

John says that Space Mountain is too jerky bumpy for him but I don't see him turning down a ride either.:laughing: Hopefully, one day, I'll be on the right hand side of the track.

Good morning all!

I'm going to try to get an installment up some time before Noon. You know I have to work on updates while at work 'cause I can never get anything done once I get home. Shouldn't it be the opposite? Oh well, that's the way it is.

We've started getting all the stuff ready for tomorrow's garage sale. We have a whole lotta junk but it's pretty much worthless junk. I want it all to sell so everything is being priced very low! I mean like so far I have had just one thing that I put $5.00 on and that was a huge Home Interior picture. The other stuff has had 10 cents, 25 cents, etc. slapped on it. Plus, here in Louisiana, I've found that people will not pay a "reasonable" price on stuff at a garage sale. They just won't. They virtually want it for free. I've even had people ask if I'd take 10 cents instead of 20 cents. :confused3 I always tell them "no" because I have it priced too cheap already. I'd rather donate it to Goodwill than haggle with people.

And, last night, Lacey told me that Jesse is coming to our house for a week starting sometime Saturday. I knew he was coming. I just didn't know when.

Believe me when I tell you my house is a total and complete disaster area. I have so much junk scattered around while getting ready for the garage sale.

A 2 liter Coke got dropped on the kitchen floor night before last and we wiped it up but apparently not good enough because now my floor has got sticky spots on it. And you know how when you walk in with dirt on the bottom of your shoes (no matter how little dirt it is), it sticks to those sticky places and makes dark spots on your floor. I said I'd clean it up really good after we finished walking back and forth setting up the garage sale stuff.

On top of that, John has been building a full set of kitchen cabinets and yesterday started the process of planing down some boards and sanding everything. That means sawdust gets tracked into the utility room even though he blows himself off with an airhose.

I also have suitcases strown all over my bedroom. When we got ready to go to Lacey's this past weekend, I took every piece of luggage out of the attic and threw them in our room so I wouldn't have to take them back out when we started getting ready to go to Florida. I know that we won't be using all those suitcases but I never know what ones I am going to use so I take them all out.

Poor Jesse is going to come to our house and think we are a bunch of hillbillies who never clean our house.

I think the first thing I'll do when I get off today, is at least mop the floors and straighten up as much as I can. At least that way, I can blame the other mess on the garage sale.

Okay, I'm shutting up now. I'll work on an trip report installment until the boss comes in. He likes to come in late on Fridays usually around 10:00 a.m. I always tell him why doesn't he stay home on the Fridays when he doesn't have appointments because we close at Noon anyway. Men!:sad2: Worse....men who are lawyers!:scared:

Oooh! I forgot to tell you that Lacey got my Facebook account up and running last night. We haven't put a picture up yet but it's up and running.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter