You're the best parents in the world! I gotta pee! Where's My Tooth? Trip report!

So glad that Hunter got picked. He looks so happy!

And he sure rocked that light sabre!!!

LISA AND TO ALL YOUR FOLLOWERS WHO ARE LEAVING IN THE UPCOMING WEEK

I WISH YOU A VERY SAFE AND MAGICAL pixiedust: on your DISNEY ADVENTURE; for those of us left behind this go round we can't wait for you to come back and share your pictures and adventures with us.

:dancer: party: party: :dancer:
Connie
:wave:

You are the best parents in the world. I know that had to make for one long trip home but WOW. It takes such a little to make a child happy, no matter what the age. Totally awesome. He looked so pleased with himself, as he should be. He was fantastic. I love that first picture and that grin is grand. I was so hoping he would get picked. It is such a disappointment for those kids that don't get chosen I sometimes wish they had a different system. I do think the cm's are careful to watch at each session and can see if some of the kids have been several times so not to pick the same kids twice. I know they announce if you have done it previously to let other kids have a chance. As a matter of fact he picked a boy that had done it earlier in the day and evidently someone said something in his earpiece and he said sorry but not twice in the same day.

Yay!!!for Hunter getting chosen!!!:yay: Third time is a charm!!! What great parent's you are to keep trying so that Hunter wouldn't be disappointed!! He looked so happy in the pictures!!! After the second time, I must admit I was starting to get a little worried....but so glad it worked out!!:goodvibes
Great update, Lisa!! I'm looking forward to your last installment, but sad that you TR is coming to an end!!:sad2:

Yippee! I'm so glad you were able to leave on such a high note! I love the fact that you stuck it out and waited. We did that at EPCOT one day because DD really wanted to get chosen by the Japanese candy making lady. She was so excited that after 3 shows she was finally picked. It's those type of moments our kids will remember forever!

:yay::yay::yay::yay: I am sooo happy for Hunter and that he was able to fight Vadeer before they pulled the plug. That would have sucked if he was the next one in line when they decided to shut it down, especially after having to wait for 3 shows to be picked.

That is AWESOME!!!

I am SO glad that Hunter finally got picked! :cool1::banana:

Ginny is right, you guys really are the best parents in the world! I would have done the same thing though. What if he decided he wasn't as crazy about Star Wars by the next year and then didn't want to do it? Those are the kind of things you just have to do in case you don't get another chance. I'll bet the ride home wasn't any worse than it would have been if you'd left first thing in the morning because you had such a happy kid in the backseat.

Now, (small highjack here), I need everyone on this thread to start thinking happy pixiedust thoughts pixiedust: that my kids get picked for this thing the VERY FIRST TIME WE'RE THERE. Both of them (I'm not sure how much Cole will care, he's not really into Star Wars, but maybe you'd better get some pixiedust for him too)...

because if they don't get picked we will be rooted to the spot and unable to do anything else at Hollywood Studios (or possibly the rest of WDW) until they are picked.

Seriously.

They won't budge.

They'd probably sleep on the ground in front of the stage if they could.

And they both LOVE (seriously :love:) Darth Vader. Will was Darth Vader for Halloween last year. His favorite scene out of all 6 of the movies is right after Anakin is burned in the lava and Darth Vader gets his costume put on.

So Ginny, spill your secrets. And anyone else that has them too. (Dismagiclover I'm headed over to your report in just a minute). Because I canNOT spend my entire 9 day vacation standing in front of that stage (though I would if I had to).

Hijack over.

Thanks everyone.

Lisa, if I don't post again before you leave ONE DAY!!!! :cheer2: Have a safe and happy trip!!! We'll be waiting for you!!!

(and P.S. if you happen to notice those drawstring backpacks at DTD, could you glance at it for me and let me know what it looks like and how much it is? It would help SO much with planning. If you remember. THANK YOU!)

K...back to the TR. ;)

The Disneyland one that says 2009? YES! That's perfect. It even has a pocket. THANK YOU Connie. :)

And a little cheaper than that will be fine. :) I just needed to budget for it 'cause I'll get it right when we get there on that first day (probably after we eat).

Thanks. You're awesome (I know I'm using that word a lot today :confused3).

I'm so glad Hunter was chosen :thumbsup2. He looks so happy up on that stage. I can't stand to see the disappointment on a child's face when they have their minds set on something. Dallas has puppy dog eyes as it is and he can break my heart just looking at me :lmao:.

Connie it is nice to be thought of as awesome, so thanks :goodvibes.

Now, (small highjack here), I need everyone on this thread to start thinking happy pixiedust thoughts pixiedust: that my kids get picked for this thing the VERY FIRST TIME WE'RE THERE. Both of them (I'm not sure how much Cole will care, he's not really into Star Wars, but maybe you'd better get some pixiedust for him too)...

because if they don't get picked we will be rooted to the spot and unable to do anything else at Hollywood Studios (or possibly the rest of WDW) until they are picked.
I can only tell you what worked for us. There are quite a few threads floating around with other people ideas. Anyway here is what worked for us. Get to the first show of the day and make sure to get the front row. Wear a bright colored shirt with some Star Wars something on it. I had shirts made that said "I want to be a Jedi." We also brought light sabers to have the boys wave. I would also recommend not standing close to any other kids similarly attired. They try to pick kids from all over the audience. The Jedi Master comes out at the beginning of the show and scans the audience. It was pretty obvious he was deciding which kids he would pick right then. Make sure your kids are jumping up and down and showing plenty of enthusiasm. They have to get his attention and they don't want to end up with timid kids on the stage that might get scared (Vader is pretty scary.) I saw the Jedi Master look directly at my boys when he came out and scanned the crowd and at that moment I felt pretty confident that he'd pick my boys and he did:banana: We were like you though. That was top priority for the day and we would have come back every show until they were picked. I've read on some threads to have your kids separated in the crowd because they don't like to pick 2 kids from the same family. That obviously wasn't the case for us. May the Force be with you.:goodvibes

Thanks Jenny. I'd planned for them to wear Star Wars shirts to DHS anyway. Will has a bright green one with storm troopers on it that we just got him for school (he loves green). All of Christian's (yes, I said all) are navy or black, but I can rectify that. Or I may just make them shirts like you did. I'd thought of letting them carry their lightsabers around, but wasn't sure what we'd do with them after the show. I guess we'll bring them anyway. That's why they are bringing backpacks. I'm not sure how into it Cole will be (Cole is Will's friend-same age, but not really into Star Wars), but I have a feeling if my boys are picked, he'll want to be too. So I'll make sure he is prepared. Hopefully if they are not picked the first time, they eventually will be. I already know this will be the highlight of the trip for them.

Or at least one of them. ;)

Ok Lisa...I have to admit defeat!! I CANNOT keep up with you girlfriend!!

I've been trying to catch up on your report since getting back from camping, but I just keep getting further behind!

I will keep reading until I catch up, but I wanted to comment now and let you know I am still here and reading along! :thumbsup2

I have to say that I am a lot more comfortable posting here. I'm always worried about offending everyone over there!
By the way, you are inspiring me to write a trip report for my September -October trip. :yay:

Yeah, we are a lot more laid back over here on the Disboards. The Intercot seems more stuffy. It also doesn't seem like there are as many people over on Intercot who like to post/talk. We do a lot of talking here as you can see. We also become fast friends.

:yay::yay::yay: Hunter got chosen! And you really are the best parents in the world trying 3 times. FYI when we were there in June they didn't group all the kids together and ask the parents to move out of the way when they did the picking. They just picked kids from the crowd though most of the kids they picked were up front. They must have recently changed. What a bummer for those last 2 kids that didn't fight Vader because of the "inclement weather." It sure seems like they could have at least let all the kids fight:confused3 Anyway, I'm glad your story had a happy ending:woohoo:

I gotta tell you, if he hadn't gotten chosen the 3rd time, we probably would have stuck around for one more. We wouldn't have wanted to but we probably would have.

I did feel bad for the other two kids who didn't get to battle Darth. I did see the Photopass photographer taking pictures of the kids who were chosen. John said the castmember he talked to said they superimposed Darth in the picture with the kids.

I am so happy he got picked
DS tried twice last time but didn't

We were too!

Doesn't every one get there car washed and oil changed before a trip? That is on my to do list with many other things.

I know that we do! That's on our list of things to do tomorrow before we leave.

Danny changes the oil, washes the car--usually a wax job if we are in our car, skips it if in the truck, rotate the tires and than does it all again when we get home...my dad does it all also. I just figured everyone does these things...

Lisa, sounds like it was a very magical ending to a wonderful surprise vacation :thumbsup2:
So, glad Hunter had he wish to complete his quest on having magical adventure in the land of magic...

We just had the oil changed before we went to Lacey's so we won't get that done until we come back from Disney. John took the car to get it checked out this morning. I had heard the brakes squeek a little last week and my nephew tried to look at them this weekend but could get something or other loose. The guy at the shop this morning said there was nothing wrong with the brakes. Thank goodness!

It was a great end to a great vacation!

So glad that Hunter got picked. He looks so happy!

And he sure rocked that light sabre!!!

I was glad that he got chosen too. I think he now has 8 lightsabers at home so he certainly knows how to "rock" one!

You are the best parents in the world. I know that had to make for one long trip home but WOW. It takes such a little to make a child happy, no matter what the age. Totally awesome. He looked so pleased with himself, as he should be. He was fantastic. I love that first picture and that grin is grand. I was so hoping he would get picked. It is such a disappointment for those kids that don't get chosen I sometimes wish they had a different system. I do think the cm's are careful to watch at each session and can see if some of the kids have been several times so not to pick the same kids twice. I know they announce if you have done it previously to let other kids have a chance. As a matter of fact he picked a boy that had done it earlier in the day and evidently someone said something in his earpiece and he said sorry but not twice in the same day.

We were all totally exhausted on the drive home because of our delay but it was well worth it. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. He was soooo happy he got chosen.

:dance3: Woo Hoo! Hunter got chosen!!!! :cheer2:

I think John and I were just as excited as Hunter was. At one point, I caught myself almost jumping up and down.

Yay!!!for Hunter getting chosen!!!:yay: Third time is a charm!!! What great parent's you are to keep trying so that Hunter wouldn't be disappointed!! He looked so happy in the pictures!!! After the second time, I must admit I was starting to get a little worried....but so glad it worked out!!:goodvibes
Great update, Lisa!! I'm looking forward to your last installment, but sad that you TR is coming to an end!!:sad2:

I plan on putting a large piece of paper in the backpack so that I can make Hunter another banner this year. Hopefully, it'll help out and we won't have to wait around another 3 times.

Look at you. Miss one day away! Let me tell you the things you do for your children double that for grandchildren. It is so heartbreaking when the thing they want so badly just doesn't happen. I cry like a baby. It was good I didn't have to do that this time. :rotfl:

I would hate to make a fool of myself in front of everyone. What did I just say? I do that on a daily basis. That is why I have so much fun. Just so no one gets hurt. Except for me. I did fall again at the airport on my birthday. Don't forget to do an ending to this report so we can talk about ya while you are gone.

Yippee! I'm so glad you were able to leave on such a high note! I love the fact that you stuck it out and waited. We did that at EPCOT one day because DD really wanted to get chosen by the Japanese candy making lady. She was so excited that after 3 shows she was finally picked. It's those type of moments our kids will remember forever!

It's funny that you mentioned the candy lady at Epcot because that's one of our goals for this trip.....to get the candy lady to make something for Hunter. The things she can do with candy is simply amazing.

:yay::yay::yay::yay: I am sooo happy for Hunter and that he was able to fight Vadeer before they pulled the plug. That would have sucked if he was the next one in line when they decided to shut it down, especially after having to wait for 3 shows to be picked.

Me too! He has just one or two more moves before his fight with Darth would have been complete but at least he got to do a few moves on the bad guy.

That is AWESOME!!!

I am SO glad that Hunter finally got picked! :cool1::banana:

Ginny is right, you guys really are the best parents in the world! I would have done the same thing though. What if he decided he wasn't as crazy about Star Wars by the next year and then didn't want to do it? Those are the kind of things you just have to do in case you don't get another chance. I'll bet the ride home wasn't any worse than it would have been if you'd left first thing in the morning because you had such a happy kid in the backseat.

Seriously.

They won't budge.

They'd probably sleep on the ground in front of the stage if they could.

And they both LOVE (seriously :love:) Darth Vader. Will was Darth Vader for Halloween last year. His favorite scene out of all 6 of the movies is right after Anakin is burned in the lava and Darth Vader gets his costume put on.

So Ginny, spill your secrets. And anyone else that has them too. (Dismagiclover I'm headed over to your report in just a minute). Because I canNOT spend my entire 9 day vacation standing in front of that stage (though I would if I had to).

Hijack over.

Thanks everyone.

Lisa, if I don't post again before you leave ONE DAY!!!! :cheer2: Have a safe and happy trip!!! We'll be waiting for you!!!

(and P.S. if you happen to notice those drawstring backpacks at DTD, could you glance at it for me and let me know what it looks like and how much it is? It would help SO much with planning. If you remember. THANK YOU!)

K...back to the TR. ;)

If he hadn't gotten chosen that third time, I think we really had at least one more show in us. I was at the point that I was willing to get down on my knees and beg that he get chosen.

I see that you've already received some great tips on how to get chosen for the training academy. Don't forget to make the banner too!

I plan on taking pictures of all kinds of stuff while at Disney. I'll see if I can find the drawstring backpacks at DTD and take a picture of them. I do know that they sell them on the Disney Store website. I think they are called "cinch bags". I bought one on clearance last Winter for just $4.99!

I'm so glad Hunter was chosen :thumbsup2. He looks so happy up on that stage. I can't stand to see the disappointment on a child's face when they have their minds set on something. Dallas has puppy dog eyes as it is and he can break my heart just looking at me :lmao:.

Connie it is nice to be thought of as awesome, so thanks :goodvibes.

I know what you mean about those sad puppy dog eyes. All Hunter has to do is bat those long lashes and I melt.

Ok Lisa...I have to admit defeat!! I CANNOT keep up with you girlfriend!!

I've been trying to catch up on your report since getting back from camping, but I just keep getting further behind!

I will keep reading until I catch up, but I wanted to comment now and let you know I am still here and reading along! :thumbsup2

Well, you've got a valid excuse. You've been camping and you are also doing Vacation Bible School. And, you're still being a Mom. Those things alone can do you in if you don't watch out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter