• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You're going to WDW for YOUR birthday?????

I don't think they're as much "haters" as "don't know'ers"... :laughing: I was the same way!!

I shared an office years ago with a 20 something girl who LOVED Disney. I was in my 30s and had never been there and thought she was mildly :confused3 I really thought it was only for kids... and corny kids at that!! :laughing:

I went for the first time when I was 44 and loved it. I actually had to call her (she moved to Texas) and APOLOGIZE!!

Have a great trip and birthday!!! When you get old like me you will learn that it doesn't matter if others don't like what you like... as long as YOU like it!! :thumbsup2

Well it's not for a birthday celebration but it could be....my DH and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary next year on June 9th and we'll be in WDW at Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas....our birthdays are June 21st and July 19th....so we could also call it an early birthday celebration.

I celebrated my 35th birthday at WDW last year. Best birthday ever!! I told my husband I want to go back for my birthday every year! :)

Fooey on them. :)

We went last year for DWs birthday and are going later this year for mine. Woo hoo! :)

I celebrated my 50th birthday at Disney -- where else would I rather be?

My DH always complains because we have NEVER celebrated his birthday at Disney. Well, he was born in February and I was born in August. It's hard to pull the kids out of school to go to Disney.

So, I have promised him that we will be celebration his next birthday in Disney -- February 2009.

Enjoy your trip!

I wouldn't let the coworkers get to me either. I know a bunch of my coworkers love camping. Real camping, not my version of it with a fully functional house in the middle of the woods. So, to each their own.

Celebrated my 36th at the Magic Kingdom with lunch at the Crystal Palace...

This year we were in Florida on the gulf coast for my 40th but we flew in to Orlando started our trip with my early birthday dinner at Chef Mickey's. I wore my princess ears and my dh bought me a cake from Disney. It was a wonderful birthday.

Make sure you plan a special meal for your birthday..........

I celebrated my 50th birthday at Disney -- where else would I rather be?

My DH always complains because we have NEVER celebrated his birthday at Disney. Well, he was born in February and I was born in August. It's hard to pull the kids out of school to go to Disney.

So, I have promised him that we will be celebration his next birthday in Disney -- February 2009.

it is nice, but the celebration does not always have to be on the exact day.

we planned a trip for a convenient time, and then about a month before traveling we realized it was only a week away from our anniversary! We called it an anniversary trip.

Mikeeee

and having been sweating in WDW in july, august, then going in march and december with beautiful 70's and 80's those months... and our anniversary being june 30th, we may never go on our anniversary again! Heheheheheee

Yep, who cares what they think??? What a wonderful way to celebrate. Mine will be complete with a diver and personalized menu at the Coral Reef!!! That resturant is just outstanding!!! Called and left message and had TWO return calls within two hours.....great service. My IL's will be with us (70 yrs and 73 yrs)and on the flip size of the banner it will say Welcome to Disney Ed and Avis, the person on the phone recommed that, what a nice way to let them enjoy the the dinner also!!

Disney turned 25 the same year I turned 25...my mom and I went just the two of us for the first time that year. We waited (boo!!!) ten years before going back and celebrating my 35th, then 36th and will be celebrating 37 this October. We have SO much fun!!!

When we went for my 35th, all my coworkers thought we were nuts too...now, they are used to it, and ask about plans for the next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter