• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You're crazy! No I'm Dopey! 2017 WDW Marathon Weekend PTR Updated 12/31

Love your ADRs, you've got some really good ones there. I've got everything booked for December except for Crossroads at DS. For some reason they are not taking reservations yet.

I'm also waiting for the SW flights tomorrow for our DL trip in February. I actually haven't booked our flights for December because they have been consistently expensive and I'm hoping they will drop some. I guess that has to do with traveling the week after Thanksgiving!

Last edited:
Love your ADRs, you've got some really good ones there. I've got everything booked for December except for Crossroads at DS. For some reason they are not taking reservations yet.

I'm also waiting for the SW flights tomorrow for our DL trip in February. I actually haven't booked our flights for December because they have been consistently expensive and I'm hoping they will drop some. I guess that has to do with traveling the week after Thanksgiving!
Thanks! I've got everything booked I'm just hoping they extend the Star Wars dessert party because I want to try that.

Flights on the way down in January haven't been bad just want to see what they are on the way back.

Hi, Ryan, I read your last trip report, and I am looking forward to hearing all about this one, too! I have boys older than you, and they have never offered to plan anything for our trips! (Okay, that might be because they know I am a major planner and control freak with this stuff, but still!) :rotfl: Running Dopey sounds awesome! If I ran, I would love to do a runDisney event. Instead I will live vicariously through you and others that do the fun races.

9 days ... sounds like an awesome length for a trip! It should give you a lot of time to get things done and still be well rested for the races.
ADRs look great - a lot of good places on that list (including my favorite, BOG, which is always a must-do in my book!)

Hi, Ryan, I read your last trip report, and I am looking forward to hearing all about this one, too! I have boys older than you, and they have never offered to plan anything for our trips! (Okay, that might be because they know I am a major planner and control freak with this stuff, but still!) :rotfl: Running Dopey sounds awesome! If I ran, I would love to do a runDisney event. Instead I will live vicariously through you and others that do the fun races.

Thanks for joining in! You could always do a 5K, they aren't timed and are a lot of fun!

9 days ... sounds like an awesome length for a trip! It should give you a lot of time to get things done and still be well rested for the races.
ADRs look great - a lot of good places on that list (including my favorite, BOG, which is always a must-do in my book!)

Yeah 9 days should be an awesome length. I'm so excited.

Yeah I really debated on going back to BOG but ended up deciding to do that as my after dopey dinner since I enjoy it and will be doing Ohana earlier in the trip.

Great ADR choices! I have always wanted to try the Boathouse, but it just hasn't worked out for me yet lol, next trip though!
Also, SSR is really nice, have you stayed there before?

Great ADR choices! I have always wanted to try the Boathouse, but it just hasn't worked out for me yet lol, next trip though!
Also, SSR is really nice, have you stayed there before?
Thanks! I am excited about Boathouse. I have never stayed at SSR, I am excited about that as well. Its my first DVC property stay.

Yay, fellow Dope! I was wondering when you would start a PTR!

You will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Boathouse. The lobster roll, sliders, lobster mac & cheese and the key lime pie in a jar are all to. die. for. My favorite things there!

Yay, fellow Dope! I was wondering when you would start a PTR!

You will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Boathouse. The lobster roll, sliders, lobster mac & cheese and the key lime pie in a jar are all to. die. for. My favorite things there!
Glad you could make it Keels!

I am really excited for Boathouse. I am not huge on lobster but I am sure to find some great things on the menu.

Glad you could make it Keels!

I am really excited for Boathouse. I am not huge on lobster but I am sure to find some great things on the menu.

It is seafood heavy, but also LOTS of great steak items. Or salads - if you want a salad the day after a marathon!! :rotfl2:

A salad? on Vacation? The day after I ran a marathon? Gimme the steak! lol

When we finished the Marathon this year, we went straight to Electric Umbrella (gross, I know, but we were STARVING and it was right there) ... I think between the three of us, we ate a cheeseburger, two orders of chicken nuggets, a French Dip burger and six orders of fries. In less than 15 minutes. Like, we couldn't put food in our mouths fast enough we were so hungry!!

We have Teppan Edo booked for lunch immediately after the half (we'll change in Race Retreat and then stop to eat on our way back to Beach Club) ... and we're so excited. Sushi, salty fried noodles and grilled meat. Yes, please!

When we finished the Marathon this year, we went straight to Electric Umbrella (gross, I know, but we were STARVING and it was right there) ... I think between the three of us, we ate a cheeseburger, two orders of chicken nuggets, a French Dip burger and six orders of fries. In less than 15 minutes. Like, we couldn't put food in our mouths fast enough we were so hungry!!

We have Teppan Edo booked for lunch immediately after the half (we'll change in Race Retreat and then stop to eat on our way back to Beach Club) ... and we're so excited. Sushi, salty fried noodles and grilled meat. Yes, please!
I don't have anything booked until 6:00PM but since I am staying at SSR I can pop over to Disney Springs and get whatever I want after the marathon. I am thinking a sprinkles cupcake or burger from D-Luxe might be in order on that Sunday. I have never done Teppan Edo. Staying at BC for marathon weekend is great though.

DEFINITELY have a food plan for right after - but you'll start to realize that during training. You'll be really surprised at how hungry you get - especially when it's hot and humid like Florida can be. You can join us at Teppan Edo if you want!

DEFINITELY have a food plan for right after - but you'll start to realize that during training. You'll be really surprised at how hungry you get - especially when it's hot and humid like Florida can be. You can join us at Teppan Edo if you want!
I'll have to figure a plan for right after. Thanks for the offer but I'll have to meet up with my grandma and sister. They likely won't be as hungry I will be but we'll figure something out.

Joining in! We're going to Disney around the same time as you - we'll be there from January 3-12th, and will also be staying at Saratoga Springs from the 8th-12th (we're spending the first five nights at OKW). My boyfriend will be running in the half marathon, and we're both running in the 5km!

Great ADR list! It doesn't look like we'll be crossing paths at any restaurants though.

Joining in! We're going to Disney around the same time as you - we'll be there from January 3-12th, and will also be staying at Saratoga Springs from the 8th-12th (we're spending the first five nights at OKW). My boyfriend will be running in the half marathon, and we're both running in the 5km!

Great ADR list! It doesn't look like we'll be crossing paths at any restaurants though.
Thanks for joining in! That's so awesome that you'll be there at the same time! I ran the half and 5k last year. Those races are great races, especially the half this year will be the 20th anniversary! Maybe we'll cross paths at SSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter