Your Unpopular Opinions

Thank you to the person who started this thread...it is quite civil and very entertaining.

I hate Breast Cancer Awareness month...and I am a cancer survivor! The pink theme has got to go!

I hate Fantasmic ALOT!

I loved breast feeding my children. But, if you did not do it, that is fine. People who have "breast feeding sit-ins" in public places are STUPID.

I do not like children at evening weddings...Yes, i have children.

I do not like to sit next to families with children when dining with my DH in restaurants...I don't care how well behaved your children are.

I firmly believe the entire Hollywood/movie star group should be blasted out of this universe. I do not care about their clothes, kids, foods, diets, houses, cars or fashion trends. Put them in an 1800 sq ft house working 10 hours a day with no nanny/chef/driver/personal trainer. I might respect you then.

I detest movie theatres.

Stitch (the character) is awful.

Thank you to the person who started this thread...it is quite civil and very entertaining.

I hate Breast Cancer Awareness month...and I am a cancer survivor! The pink theme has got to go!

I hate Fantasmic ALOT!

I loved breast feeding my children. But, if you did not do it, that is fine. People who have "breast feeding sit-ins" in public places are STUPID.

I do not like children at evening weddings...Yes, i have children.

I do not like to sit next to families with children when dining with my DH in restaurants...I don't care how well behaved your children are.

I firmly believe the entire Hollywood/movie star group should be blasted out of this universe. I do not care about their clothes, kids, foods, diets, houses, cars or fashion trends. Put them in an 1800 sq ft house working 10 hours a day with no nanny/chef/driver/personal trainer. I might respect you then.

I detest movie theatres.

Stitch (the character) is awful.

My entire family hates Fantasmic! LOL

I think engagement rings are a waste of money
I did not want/have a wedding ( we are married tho) and do not enjoy going to weddings ( even tho I'm usually happy for the couple)
We hyphenated our kids last names.
I can't stand romantic movies blech
You don't need to spank your kids for them to be respectful children and good members of society.
Edited to add not a fan of gender reveals either.
Kids should have chores and responsibilities.
Just a few of my non-popular opinions.

1. Quinoa is disgusting - and I am REALLY going to give you the side eye if you tell me your kid "absolutely LOVES IT!" :crazy2:
2. People who dislike animals shouldn't be trusted.
3. If you have a tattoo on your neck or your face you're trashy, and I don't care how meaningful the tattoo is.
4. From the day you go on any type of medical/financial state or federal assistance you shouldn't get an additional dollar if you have subsequent children. Don't feed the geese...and all that.
5. If you are on assistance of any kind you should have to be tested for drugs. If you test positive the kids get taken and you lose all assistance.
6. The process for adopting children in this world is crazy and has entirely too much red tape...and makes me sad for those parents who have to live through it.
7. Johnny Depp is gross.
8. Elvis, Kurt Cobain, and Amy Winehouse are not musical masterminds, and it irks me that people still idolize and worship them even though they were no different than the loser druggie down the road - they just happened to be an entertainer.
9. Unless you CAN'T vaccinate your kids you shouldn't ask/expect the medical community to treat/save your child from preventable diseases.
10. Star Wars, Star Trek, and all the Marvel Comic festivals are equally strange. And if you dress up for any type of festival (outside of Halloween) I can't treat you like a mentally stable adult.

I am of the opinion that people who go to Starbucks and order a double non fat pumpkin spice late with 3 pumps, 2.5 shots, 1 inch of foam on top, water at 125.3 degrees, in a blue cup, and a very gentle shake of cinnamon (no, that's too much...please start over...) when I only want cup of coffee and am standing behind them are pure evil.

I am of the opinion that people who go to Starbucks and order a double non fat pumpkin spice late with 3 pumps, 2.5 shots, 1 inch of foam on top, water at 125.3 degrees, in a blue cup, and a very gentle shake of cinnamon (no, that's too much...please start over...) when I only want cup of coffee and am standing behind them are pure evil.

I have never had a Starbucks coffee in my life - but this is honestly what I imagine it would be like if I ever were to go inside. Too funny!

I refuse to read or listen to anything that starts with "genius hack for...", even if it could be a life saving idea.
"Selfie" makes me cringe. Both the word and the act.
I agree with a PP, cursive should still be taught.
If all you can do with your life is take drugs and make babies, please get sterilized.

I have more!

It angers me that a high school boy all of a sudden says he is now a girl and is allowed to go into the girl's locker room, ***** and all. It doesn't matter that 500 girls are uncomfortable with that, they must bow to the ONE person. And if they don't, CNN will be on the scene to report the "injustice".

This goes for Caitlyn Jenner. It's like we are not to even acknowledge Bruce ever lived. You know, the man who was man enough to father 6 children? But all of a sudden is a female. And heaven forbid if you slip and say "He" for Bruce/Caitlyn. You will be crucified.

And now Target has stopped having a Girl Section/ Boy Section for toys. Apparently we are not to assign genders to ANYONE anymore.

I find this entire trend disturbing.

---Grown women that are cheerleaders for professional teams. Shaking pom poms and flipping you hair while chanting and doing kicks looks ridiculous and desperate if you are out of high school/ college.

---The families of the super obese that are on the TV shows. The ones that can’t get out of bed. You are bathing them and wiping their butts, yet still serving them a bucket of fried chicken? Are you crazy? Give them some steamed fish and veggies. They may yell at you , but they can’t even get out of bed. What are they going to do to you? Eventually, they will break down and eat whatever you serve them. Make it healthy and save their life.

---If you allow your cat to walk/nap/groom themselves on your counters, I will never eat anything that is made from your kitchen. That is gross.

---The billboards that say 1 in 5 American Children are Hungry. WHAT!?!?! They get WIC until age 5, food stamps, free school breakfast, free school lunch, food banks, etc. This is a parenting issue, not a lack of food issue. If you have a child and they are living in America and they are starving, you are the worst parent in the world and your child should be taken off of you. You are using your government handouts to serve you and not your child.

I think we are starting to use mental health issues to not deal with our problems,

yesterday or the day before a women plows her car into a crowd of revelers at a homecoming festival, 4 people are dead including a 2 year old. She allegedly was drunk.
she has been charged with 4 counts of 2nd degree murder.

Her attorney says she was not drunk she is mentally ill.

If your mental illness causes you to kill other people, you are no longer able to live amongst other humans.

---Grown women that are cheerleaders for professional teams. Shaking pom poms and flipping you hair while chanting and doing kicks looks ridiculous and desperate if you are out of high school/ college.

---The families of the super obese that are on the TV shows. The ones that can’t get out of bed. You are bathing them and wiping their butts, yet still serving them a bucket of fried chicken? Are you crazy? Give them some steamed fish and veggies. They may yell at you , but they can’t even get out of bed. What are they going to do to you? Eventually, they will break down and eat whatever you serve them. Make it healthy and save their life.

---If you allow your cat to walk/nap/groom themselves on your counters, I will never eat anything that is made from your kitchen. That is gross.

---The billboards that say 1 in 5 American Children are Hungry. WHAT!?!?! They get WIC until age 5, food stamps, free school breakfast, free school lunch, food banks, etc. This is a parenting issue, not a lack of food issue. If you have a child and they are living in America and they are starving, you are the worst parent in the world and your child should be taken off of you. You are using your government handouts to serve you and not your child.

Can we hang out sometime!? I think you would make a great friend!

I think folks who say that a stay at home parent of kid(s) in school full time (past age 5+) really should be called 'unemployed' have never had kids past age 5 yet.

I was a PP who said just that (or agreed with it) and my kids are in middle school.

I think folks who say that a stay at home parent of kid(s) in school full time (past age 5+) really should be called 'unemployed' have never had kids past age 5 yet.

I tend to agree. I worked outside the home and had to hire people to help me with my 5+ aged children before and after work.

Usually, unemployed people are not valued in society. Stay at Home Parents/ Homemakers have value for sure. I don't think that they should be compared to the unemployed. Our society has a need for stay at home parents. Even for older children, they play an important role.

With that being said, I also value all of the posters' opinions on this thread, so whomever said SAHM should be called "unemployed", so be it! This is a thread where we just say what we think with no backlash:banana:

Last edited:
Entertainment:
I love the Star Wars Prequels
I like Avatar and am looking forward to the attractions at AK
I hate Christopher Nolan movies, including The Dark Knight
I also dislike Tarantino movies quite a bit (I mean, those two must be the most overrated directors in history)
I do like M. Night Shyamalan, even most of his reviled films

Food:
Avacados are the Devil's fruit and anything made from them is unclean
I dislike all shellfish, but not due to an allergy, I just think they taste weird
Coffee may as well not exist as far as I'm concerned
I don't drink alcohol at all and never did (which for some reason other people REALLY seem to care about and find astounding)

Probably a ton more, but we'll keep it light.

I'll throw a big one on the table. I don't believe in man-made climate change. Ever hear of the ice age? Pretty sure there were no lawn mowers around then. Or during the dust bowl. Or many other times in the history of the earth when the climate really did change in a drastic way.

My father told me long ago to follow the money. Climate change industry is now a multi-billion dollar operation. Do you really think the scientists involved would come out and say "we got nothing?" All those people would be out of work. Just look back on all the warnings we've hear for the last 30 years. None of it has happened! Polar ice cap is actually GAINING ice. Average temperatures are actually DOWN across the world. Sea levels are down. But it all sounds convincing, so we as lemmings follow along. After all, people always quote "97% of scientists agree." True. And so would I if I worked for some foundation that got millions of dollars in grant money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter