Your ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE to Disney World at Christmas Time! UPDATE x2 10/21

Why hello, everyone! I would just like to remind you all that today is JUNE 16TH.... which means it's KRISTEN/DISNEYFREAK616'S BIRTHDAY! Make sure you wish her a magical birthday!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 54: Goodbye Port Orleans, Hello Bay Lake! (Almost)
December 24th, 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE, EVERYONE! Mickey and Stitch called me at 7 am and woke me up on this lovely morning! I got up, showered, and got ready!

Dad and I had a mission to accomplish, so it was time to GO, GO, GO!

I posted on twitter:
NEW RECORD : OUT THE DOOR BY 7:50. Success. Merry Christmas eve to me!

We needed to get to Disney's Hollywood Studios! (SURPRISE!) Apparently there were early extra magic hours that day, which actually worked in our favor.

We parked in the "Stage" section and walked to the entrance. We arrived at the park at 8:02 am and were inside by 8:09 am. WOOT WOOT.

On Hollywood Boulevard, the Photopass Photographer asked if I was Santa's little helper because I was wearing my Mickey Santa hat. I said, "of course I am!"

Dad went to Starring Rolls to get some coffee, and I went to Toy Story Mania!

I posted on twitter:
My toy story mania obsession is getting ridiculous.

There was surpringly no one in the fastpass line at 8:16 that morning. So I was just going to jump in the standby after I got my fastpasses, and THE LINE WAS 50 MINUTES ALREADY!! Holy guacamole! That wasn't happening.

Our fastpasses were for 10:30 am, so good job to us!

img1221bq.jpg

I went to Starring Rolls and found Dad. He was surprised that I was done so fast!

We exited the park, and on the way out I traded pins with a Cast Member who had pins on a Mickey vest! I got a Pluto pin and a Dr. Bunson Honeydew pin!

My Dad gave the cast members his orange from Starring Rolls because they mentioned that it looked really good. LOL what a good Samaritan.

We left Hollywood Studios and went to Walgreens! We had a list of stuff to grab while we still had our car! We got Christmas lights, a memory card, nail polish, and a few other random things that I can't remember.

I posted on twitter:
Just walked into Walgreens with my Santa Mickey ears on.. I think the workers were amused. But hey, i would expect nothing less of myself :-)

I definitely saw them chuckling from across the room. NO SHAME. Merry Christmas Eve, and I'm on my vacation to Disney World. YAY LIFE.

We left with our purchases in hand. We stopped at Dunkin' Donuts for Dad, and then we drove back to French Quarter!

img1222km.jpg

We went up to the room, and then Mom and I went to Sassagoula's for breakfast!

img1223om.jpg

I got a breakfast sandwich which was SUCH a mess. The croissant was cut poorly and it was just falling apart. I only had half because I was just so annoyed. They really shouldn't have been allowed to serve that, it was like a pile of mush on my plate.

img0898ww.jpg

I also got a Cinnamon Roll because they looked delicious, so that made up for the sandwich. It was surprisingly soft and I was very impressed. It was so good!

img1228ca.jpg

Mom got a Yogurt Parfait and some grits!

img0900gg.jpg

And we got Jonathan some Mickey Waffles!

img1224v.jpg

We looked around for a little bit, and I saw this ADORABLE snow globe in the gift shop. I seriously want it as a wedding present some day.

img1191l.jpg

I had to say goodbye to my Horseys!

img1225t.jpg

We walked back to our room and looked around French Quarter one last time.

img1192l.jpg

Then it was time to pack up the car and go HOME! No, not our home, home. Our DISNEY VACATION CLUB HOME! That's right, folks, this was our first stay at our home resort - BAY LAKE TOWER!

dsc0689aq.jpg

Bye, bye Port Orleans! Thank your for our lovely stay!

dsc0690d.jpg

Very soon I was seeing this:

dsc0694n.jpg

WE WERE GETTING CLOSER!

dsc0699j.jpg

We got to the parking gate and the Cast Members working there were HILARIOUS! The one had an English accent and the other was from the Bronx.

The one from the Bronx was like "He's fakin' that english accent. He's really from the Bronx!"

And some other great one liners were "I'm so old that when I was young, there was no history!" and "I went to my prom in a stretch chariot."

They went on and on. They were SUCH jokers! My Dad got along great with them and they kind of made our day.

dsc0700m.jpg

We parked out front of the Contemporary Resort. You check in there for both the main building as well as Bay Lake. Dad and I went inside to check in and it was BEAUTIFUL!

dsc0702mdg.jpg

The lobby is on the very bottom floor and it's away from the hustle and bustle of Chef Mickey's and the monorail.

dsc0703nr.jpg

Before this trip, I barely ever spent ANY time at the Contemporary. So this was truly my first time seeing the lobby or anything!

dsc0706hs.jpg

The cast member who checked us in was really nice. We requested to have our room as high as possible, because that way you get a much better view of the Magic Kingdom and fireworks!

dsc0705n.jpg

Here's the Contemporary's check in desk:

dsc0704v.jpg

Our room wasn't quite ready yet, but we had quite a few things to do before we could check in anyways. We left our luggage with Bell Services at the Contemporary, got gas at the Hess gas station, and then drove over to the Dolphin to drop off our rental car!

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 55: Visiting the Fish and Lunch at Brown Derby!
December 24th, 2011

I got a text about 10 minutes after we left the Contemporary saying that our room was ready. Of course! However, we had cars to return and lunch to eat, so our room would have to wait a little bit longer!

We arrived at the Dolphin so we could drop off our rental car. I had never been in that resort before, and it has such a "non-disney" feel to it. I mean, it's very pretty, but it just feels weird.

dsc0710p.jpg

My parents and Jonathan went to go figure out where the National Car Rental drop off was, and I stayed in the lobby and photographed their Christmas decorations. I liked the blue and white color scheme!

dsc0724v.jpg

This is the HUGE Christmas tree made out of white poinsettias:

dsc0711gl.jpg

There was a little train going around the entire tree that said "Dolphin" on it.

dsc0719f.jpg

The one good thing about this place was that there were DEER. EVERYWHERE.

dsc0712l.jpg

dsc0713zh.jpg

dsc0718n.jpg

dsc0720j.jpg

I tweeted at Kristen:
I am currently inside the fish resort. I repeat I am inside the fish resort. And there are deer near the Christmas tree!!!

On our very first Frump trip, Kristen and I were walking back to the Yacht Club and I was thinking very hard about the Fish statue that is on top of the Dolphin hotel building. So while I was analyzing it I said "...So, it's called the Dolphin, but it's really the fish!!" So ever since then, the name has stuck. And the Swan hotel somehow earned the name "The Swank." So Kristen and I call the Swan and Dolphin "the Swank and Fish!" Frumpy.

Once the rental car and GPS returns were all situated, we were ready to head out! It was VERY confusing getting out of the Dolphin resort. You have to take an elevator downstairs and then go out the back door. I really had no idea where I was going.

dsc0722u.jpg

They had pretty garbage cans too, I must admit. I am more partial to the Yacht Club version, though. But I may be a little biased. ;) SWANK AND FISH!

dsc0723k.jpg

It was nice to look at the Dolphin, but I honestly don't know if I ever really want to stay there. It is my goal to stay at every Disney resort, but these technically aren't Disney resorts anyway. (Even though they have a prime location. What the heck?!) They're nice to visit, but the "feel" isn't the same.

dsc0725b.jpg

Dad and Jonathan decided that they wanted to spend some time at the ESPN Zone, so they went over to the Boardwalk. There was a Bills football game on TV that they didn't want to miss!

Mom and I continued on to Hollywood Studios! Here's a Christmas Eve crowds picture. It wasn't as bad as I expected.

dsc0729p.jpg

We had a reservation at the Hollywood Brown Derby at 11:55 am! This was my first time here, and it was SO classy. I really felt like we were in the golden age of Hollywood. I loved all of the Caricatures on the wall. I wish I knew the back stories behind the people in the pictures! I bet there are some pretty interesting ones.

dsc0731go.jpg

In case you were wondering, even though the Brown Derby is a Signature Restaurant, there is no dress code. Since it's located inside of a theme park, you are allowed to wear your regular theme park attire!

I posted on twitter:
Mother Daughter Christmas Eve lunch at Brown Derby :-) #howprecious

We were seated quickly and our table was located on the upper level of the restaurant. Here is the view from our table:

dsc0730z.jpg

Our waiter was Mehdi from Morocco. He was very nice and made good recommendations!

We started out with some bread which was DELICIOUS. It was hot and you could tell it came straight from the oven!

dsc0732h.jpg

Mom got the grouper which she loved. She said it was one of the best fish she's ever had! Wow. It has a beautiful presentation!

dsc0736n.jpg

I had the salmon which had GREAT flavor, and I have tried a lot of Salmon throughout my lifetime. This is one of the best I have ever had, too! I wasn't a huge fan of the polenta, but the fish totally made up for it.

dsc0734k.jpg

We got Grapefruit Cake for dessert. That was SO good. The candied grape fruit was too tart for me, but the actual cake part was DELICIOUS! It has a bitter aftertaste, especially if you drink water immediately after. If you really dislike Grapefruit, I don't think you would like this cake since the flavor is pretty strong. I thought it was absolutely DELICIOUS though! It's a Brown Derby classic! And it's SO pretty! I took tons of pictures so you could get the full effect:

dsc0737xc.jpg

To the side:

dsc0740j.jpg

From the back:

dsc0739g.jpg

One more:

img1230v.jpg

Overview of The Hollywood Brown Derby:
Waiter: Mehdi
Service: Very good! He was efficient, nice, and we didn't have to wait long! 4/5
Atmosphere: It was my first time there and I absolutely love it. It's like classy "old" hollywood. All of the caricatures on the walls were so cute! 5/5
Food: Very, very good. They all had such a nice presentation. There are limited options, but what I got was great and very flavorful. And I love that Grapefruit cake! 4.5/5

We left Brown Derby and guess where we went!

TOY STORY MANIA!

We went to the ride and the Cast Member from Hollywood, CA that we talked to yesterday checked our fastpasses! He said "Welcome Back!" He couldn't remember if he talked to us yesterday morning or that morning. Hahaha it was all blending together. Crazy Christmas week.

I posted on twitter:
When the cast members at toy story mania recognize you... You know you're becoming a pixar place regular. #obsessed

We got in line and I recognized another Toy Story Mania cast member from the day before! Only because I thought he was really cute. He had no idea who I was LOL.

We went on the ride and I got 155,700. NO GOOD. I wanted to do better.

dsc0742n.jpg

TOY STORY MANIA RIDE COUNT: 5

img0910rk.jpg

After that, we decided that we were REALLY anxious to get back to Bay Lake. So we ran and caught our first Disney bus of the trip!

We grabbed some seats and rode to our new home! A little boy on the bus was talking to this other lady and he asked "What hotel are you staying at?" She replied, "the Grand Floridian! How about you?" His answer? "A REALLY COOL ONE!" hahaha kids just crack me up.

The Contemporary was the first stop! Woohoo! We got off and went inside the main building. We had to go get our room number!

I also made a pin trade while I was there! I traded for a Jacques pin. (the cleaner shrimp from Finding Nemo)

Then.... IT WAS TIME TO GO TO OUR ROOM. Be prepared.

Continued in Next Post

WOW, I just posted a very similar update involving an evening in Hollywood, TSM, Osborne Lights... etc! We are twins.

I love when they let you skip the last part of the line at TSM. That was like my saving grace during my morning marathons! It shaves like 10 minutes off! I may or may not have yelled "EAT MY DUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" at people who still had to wait in line. I really don't remember.

All your Osborne Lights pictures are bringing back such wonderful memories...sigh. As beautiful as they are though, it just doesn't compare to being there in person of course. Like I honestly couldn't believe how much my breath was taken away. I want to go back during Christmas SO BAD! I really need to spend more time there and see if I can find EVERY hidden Mickey, and the cat!

I LOVED your update, as usual! :wizard:

LOL we seriously are twins. The other day, Kristen and I were talking about you and Kara, and she was like "Lia reminds me of you and Kara reminds me of me" because you and me are like the frumpy Disney girls who are into the whole acting/theatre thing, we went to Disney in December last year, and we're obsessed with Toy Story Mania, and then Kara and Kristen are the frumpy Disney girls who are obsessed with watching TV, they stayed at Coronado last summer, etc. So basically, we have a whole sisterhood of the traveling disney frumps going on over here. :rotfl:

SO DO I. I'm so glad you appreciate TSM as much as I do, if not more!! (you're the only person ever who could possibly appreciate it more than me! :laughing: That's an honor, my friend.)

I completely agree. Like... even the nicest camera can not capture the feeling you get when you're there. It really is a magical experience!

:laughing: Your opinion of the Swan/Dolphin might change as you get older. I used to think the same thing. But we're booked at the Swan for our anniversary trip. The Swan is $209/night, Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach are all $385/night!

...of course if there's a good discount, we'll be switching!!

That breakfast sandwich does look like a disaster! But the cinnamon roll seemed to make up for it!

I have been dying to stay at Bay Lake Tower! I love how modern it is. I can’t wait to see all of your pictures of it!

I have been in the Dolphin before, and I agree, it’s just not “Disney.”

I call it the Fish too. I can’t see how that statue is a dolphin!

The Brown Derby looks very good! That is on my list of places to try.

I can’t wait to see the room at BLT!

:laughing: Your opinion of the Swan/Dolphin might change as you get older. I used to think the same thing. But we're booked at the Swan for our anniversary trip. The Swan is $209/night, Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach are all $385/night!

...of course if there's a good discount, we'll be switching!!

Haha oh I mean, if I can get a good deal there OF COURSE I would stay :rotfl: But I'd more than likely pick French Quarter over it if I am paying out of pocket for my resort.

That breakfast sandwich does look like a disaster! But the cinnamon roll seemed to make up for it!

I have been dying to stay at Bay Lake Tower! I love how modern it is. I can’t wait to see all of your pictures of it!

I have been in the Dolphin before, and I agree, it’s just not “Disney.”

I call it the Fish too. I can’t see how that statue is a dolphin!

The Brown Derby looks very good! That is on my list of places to try.

I can’t wait to see the room at BLT!

Yeah thankfully!
There are TONS of pictures! Be excited.
Yeah, that's just how it is.
No, it's definitely a fish statue. Apparently they messed up when they were making it and they just never fixed it.
It's SO good!
That's coming up next!

Wow! I just felt like I spent the day there!
We are TSM fanatics too! Our plans are usually, get to the FP machines quickly and get said FP's, jump into the standfby line of it hasn't exceed 30 mins, and then hopefully, the hour has passes to be able to get more FPs'!

Nice way to end the update! Leave us hanging! :laughing:

I’ve really enjoyed reading all of your TRs the past few weeks! :goodvibes

I have also come to the conclusion that I am indeed a Frump and make the deer face on a regular basis.

Out the door by 7:50? Nice. :thumbsup2 My dad and I are already making a plan of attack for our Toy Story Mania morning. We want to be at the turnstiles by 7:45, which will be rough, but totally worth it. Plus, I can just curl up on the ground and go back to sleep if I really want to. :laughing:

YAY CONTEMPORARY! I've never stayed there, but we did wander around once and I remember the lobby being super chill. Like, normally Disney resort lobbies feature quite a bit of hustle and bustle, but there was none of that at the Contemporary. It was nice.

Fun fact: There's actually is a dolphinfish. Like, mahi-mahi is dolphinfish. But everyone calls it mahi-mahi because they don't want people to get confused and think they're eating dolphin. I learned that after asking my parents why the heck they would put a giant fish atop The Dolphin. :rotfl:

The Grapefruit Cake is so pretty! I don't know how anyone eats it. I would just sit there and stare at it.

I can't wait to see your room!!!

Okay, first off, Osborne lights are absolutely beautiful, I want nothing more than to see them in person, theyre great!! You guys certainly maximized your toy story mania rides this trip, good work! Hahha. I'm excited to read all about bay lake tower!

Christmas Eve in Disney World...*sigh* Sounds perfect! :cloud9:

That's so sweet that your dad gave his orange to the CM. You know how we always get so excited when we meet a really nice CM? I bet they feel the exact same way when they meet a really nice park guest. :goodvibes

Eew, what's up with that sandwich? It looks like they just put the croissant on the plate and threw all the other stuff on top. I hate it when people make sandwiches like that. That always happens to me at Subway. The cinnamon roll looks amazing though, so I'm glad it made up for it!

AHH I can't wait to see all of your pics from BLT! :woohoo: John and I, if all goes according to plan, will be joining the DVC next summer, so I need to be looking at home resorts!

I've never been to the Contemporary at all! It looks like such a gorgeous resort! :lovestruc

HAHA the Swank and Fish. I love it. :rotfl: It looks nice, but I can see where it would not have that Disney feel. I've heard they give teacher discounts, which is nice, but I'm in no rush to stay there. I'd rather use military discounts to stay at all the TRUE Disney resorts! :thumbsup2

That sounds like a great lunch with your mom! Isn't that the same place where you dined with an Imagineer in May? I can't wait to hear about that in your other TR! The food looks amazing, and I'd like to try that grapefruit cake. I'm not the biggest fan of grapefruit, but I don't mind it, and I feel like in cake form it would appeal to me a lot more!

I totally know what you mean about the Dolphin being un-Disney. I stayed there a few years back (I think I was 15) and it was very nice but just not that special Disney feel. The Poly is my absolute fav. Such a great relaxing resort. Plus you get the tropics and Disney all in one, haha. Love that you recognized the TSM cast members. That's the mark of a true fan right there :) I'm so glad that you liked the Brown Derby. I really really want to go there but haven't ever made it yet. Old movies and Hollywood stuff are some of my favorites so I'm sure that it'd be especially cool for me.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.

Do you know what you're doing to me right now?!?!?!?! I'm even excited to see the freaking check-in desk at the Contemporary. OMG!!!!

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!

Okay... (pulling it together now) hahaha the SWANK and FISH. The first time I saw that building I was like wait... HOW is that thing a dolphin?!?! Hahah. I know what you mean! I want to stay at every Disney resort too, but I'm not feeling the need to rush over there any time soon. It just seems so ordinary. Very elegant and classy but just... not Disney!

TOY STORY MANIAAAAAAA. (insert Jessie the cowgirl yodel in here)

YES LET'S GO INTO YOUR ROOM NOW!!!!

I have been reading this trip report in anticipation of our Christmas week trip this year. It is making me want it to be Christmas NOW! We just decided two weeks ago to go Christmas week, and can't stop thinking about it and planning everything. TSM sounds absolutely addictive, I can see how it could happen!

Wow! I just felt like I spent the day there!
We are TSM fanatics too! Our plans are usually, get to the FP machines quickly and get said FP's, jump into the standfby line of it hasn't exceed 30 mins, and then hopefully, the hour has passes to be able to get more FPs'!

Nice way to end the update! Leave us hanging! :laughing:

Hahaha I am very proud of your family. :thumbsup2

LOL I have two updates full of pictures so it will be well worth the wait!

I’ve really enjoyed reading all of your TRs the past few weeks! :goodvibes

I have also come to the conclusion that I am indeed a Frump and make the deer face on a regular basis.

Aww thank you for devoting so much time to reading! :goodvibes I really appreciate it and glad you enjoyed them!

Hahaha YAY FOR ANOTHER FELLOW FRUMP!

Out the door by 7:50? Nice. :thumbsup2 My dad and I are already making a plan of attack for our Toy Story Mania morning. We want to be at the turnstiles by 7:45, which will be rough, but totally worth it. Plus, I can just curl up on the ground and go back to sleep if I really want to. :laughing:

YAY CONTEMPORARY! I've never stayed there, but we did wander around once and I remember the lobby being super chill. Like, normally Disney resort lobbies feature quite a bit of hustle and bustle, but there was none of that at the Contemporary. It was nice.

Fun fact: There's actually is a dolphinfish. Like, mahi-mahi is dolphinfish. But everyone calls it mahi-mahi because they don't want people to get confused and think they're eating dolphin. I learned that after asking my parents why the heck they would put a giant fish atop The Dolphin. :rotfl:

The Grapefruit Cake is so pretty! I don't know how anyone eats it. I would just sit there and stare at it.

I can't wait to see your room!!!

Haha YES I'm so proud of you guys! OMG you're going so soon!!! And yeah, I would never be opposed to sleeping on the ground of DHS. :laughing:

Yeah the Contemporary has such an interesting vibe that you can't find anywhere else. Even when it's busy it's ALWAYS relaxing! I don't know why!

Haha aww that's an interesting story! Very cool.

I would stare at it for a while.. but then the temptation would get to me and I would devour it. NOM NOM NOM. :love:

Okay, first off, Osborne lights are absolutely beautiful, I want nothing more than to see them in person, theyre great!! You guys certainly maximized your toy story mania rides this trip, good work! Hahha. I'm excited to read all about bay lake tower!

I agree! They're so pretty! Haha oh thank you. And we're still on the first half of the trip - there are many more TSM rides to come! I'm excited to tell you guys about it!

Christmas Eve in Disney World...*sigh* Sounds perfect! :cloud9:

That's so sweet that your dad gave his orange to the CM. You know how we always get so excited when we meet a really nice CM? I bet they feel the exact same way when they meet a really nice park guest. :goodvibes

Eew, what's up with that sandwich? It looks like they just put the croissant on the plate and threw all the other stuff on top. I hate it when people make sandwiches like that. That always happens to me at Subway. The cinnamon roll looks amazing though, so I'm glad it made up for it!

AHH I can't wait to see all of your pics from BLT! :woohoo: John and I, if all goes according to plan, will be joining the DVC next summer, so I need to be looking at home resorts!

I've never been to the Contemporary at all! It looks like such a gorgeous resort! :lovestruc

HAHA the Swank and Fish. I love it. :rotfl: It looks nice, but I can see where it would not have that Disney feel. I've heard they give teacher discounts, which is nice, but I'm in no rush to stay there. I'd rather use military discounts to stay at all the TRUE Disney resorts! :thumbsup2

That sounds like a great lunch with your mom! Isn't that the same place where you dined with an Imagineer in May? I can't wait to hear about that in your other TR! The food looks amazing, and I'd like to try that grapefruit cake. I'm not the biggest fan of grapefruit, but I don't mind it, and I feel like in cake form it would appeal to me a lot more!

It really was the best Christmas Eve EVER. :cloud9:

I completely agree! That's one thing I'm looking forward to for when I'm a CM someday - all of the precious guests! There will always be certain ones that you standout and remember!

I KNOW. That stupid sandwich. It made me so mad haha.

AWW YAY FOR JOINING DVC! I hope you guys do - it'll be so worth it!! Unfortunately, I think they are almost out of BLT rooms :( But there will be other options available! I'm guessing that AKL will still have rooms open! And maybe the Grand Floridian Villas will be open by that time! :goodvibes

The Contemporary is GORGEOUS! I have so many pictures coming up - be excited!!

Hahaha the military discount + the disney magic sounds like a much better deal to me!

Thank you! And yes it is! So we got to go there two trips in a row! It was wonderful both time! And yeah - I bet you would like it! I'm not really one to eat straight up grapefruit but the cake was delicious!

I totally know what you mean about the Dolphin being un-Disney. I stayed there a few years back (I think I was 15) and it was very nice but just not that special Disney feel. The Poly is my absolute fav. Such a great relaxing resort. Plus you get the tropics and Disney all in one, haha. Love that you recognized the TSM cast members. That's the mark of a true fan right there :) I'm so glad that you liked the Brown Derby. I really really want to go there but haven't ever made it yet. Old movies and Hollywood stuff are some of my favorites so I'm sure that it'd be especially cool for me.

Yeah, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that! The poly is BEAUTIFUL! I have actually never stayed there, though! Haha thank you - I agree! This was finally my first time going to Brown Derby and I loved it! I'm sure you would too!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.

Do you know what you're doing to me right now?!?!?!?! I'm even excited to see the freaking check-in desk at the Contemporary. OMG!!!!

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!

Okay... (pulling it together now) hahaha the SWANK and FISH. The first time I saw that building I was like wait... HOW is that thing a dolphin?!?! Hahah. I know what you mean! I want to stay at every Disney resort too, but I'm not feeling the need to rush over there any time soon. It just seems so ordinary. Very elegant and classy but just... not Disney!

TOY STORY MANIAAAAAAA. (insert Jessie the cowgirl yodel in here)

YES LET'S GO INTO YOUR ROOM NOW!!!!

Hahaha I'm so excited for you!!!!

Yup, I agree with you 100%!

WOOHOO TOY STORY!

Haha the update will be up soon! :goodvibes Be excited!!

I have been reading this trip report in anticipation of our Christmas week trip this year. It is making me want it to be Christmas NOW! We just decided two weeks ago to go Christmas week, and can't stop thinking about it and planning everything. TSM sounds absolutely addictive, I can see how it could happen!

Aww you're going to LOVE your trip! Be prepared for crowds, but seriously if you just prioritize and take it easy, you will be FINE! This was honestly the best trip of my entire life, and I'm so happy that I get to share and offer my advice to you all! And AH I LOVE TSM! It's so perfect!

All caught up! Whew!!

It looks like you guys were having such a fun time! Of course, again, I love all the Christmas pictures!

I haven't gotten into pin trading (honestly I'm scare I will create a monster if I do!) But I LOVE your Maelstrom pin!! How Awesome!!

Cape May looks amazing!!! I think I'm going to add this to my list of must do's. The Oreo Bon Bon looks amazing!!!!!

Not sure how i stumbled across your trip report, but so glad I did. I got all caught up and loved every minute. I was so disappointed when I made it to the end... #pleasepostanupdatesoon!

Hi Jess ... love all your TRs .... you take great pics and your TRs are the best!!! They truly tie me over in between my trips with the family ... Finding Nemo and The Little Mermaid are our favorite movies ... so congrats on the pin trade for Jacques ... but having to keep up with my name on the boards "Merman" ... I have to correct you when you said that "I also made a pin trade while I was there! I traded for a Jacques pin. (the crab from Finding Nemo)" Jacques is actually a cleaner shrimp not a crab!-) :rotfl:

Looking forward to more of your great updates!!

Hi, there! I just wanted to let you know that I'm really enjoying your TR!! I've commented before, but it's been a looooong time! But I'm still reading along! You always seem to have such an amazing time on your trips!
We will be going to WDW in November, so we'll be able to see all of the Christmas decorations, too! I'm super excited to see them, and I've enjoyed looking at your pictures! :goodvibes

Awww how sad that it was time to check out of Port Orleans, but yay that it meant your trip at Bay Lake Tower had begun.

The contemporary's christmas decorations are gorgeous, you must have been so excited to be spending Christmas break there.

I have to say that I agree with you about the overall feel of the Swan and Dolphin...they are gorgeous hotels to walk through and I really like the unique shops and restaurants but to me they almost felt more like convention hotels than disney hotels and I don't think that is what i would to stay in while at the world.

The Brown Derby looks delicious, what a great restaurant to have Christmas Eve dinner at....can't wait to hear more:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter