• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE to Disney World at Christmas Time! UPDATE x2 10/21

They're basically the same thing. I have one from 2003 that's grey. His name is Waltie. Which I think is a much better name than Duffy, but perhaps I'm a little biased. :snooty: My Mom got one that is light blue and hers is named Lily (after Walt's wife Lilian...obviously.)

I think Duffy is really just a re-branding, that took off in Japan, so they brought the re-branding to the US. Personally, I like the Disney Bear story better than the Duffy story. Probably because that's what I was introduced to first.

I just Googled the background and found this, http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Duffy_the_Disney_Bear it's an interesting read.

Thanks for the info!! I like the Disney Bear story better too!

Hmm... I don't remember that bear! I have no idea!

Here is a picture of mine ~
IMAG0580.jpg

That makes me feel so old :crazy2:

I was 18 and went with a friend. It was my first trip to WDW without my parents (or any parents.)

No no no we are not old... don't say that!

Yay for switching onsite and I love love the pictures of the resort!!!

I love French quarter! that is where we stayed on our honeymoon last year!! So sweet and not too big! We are staying a beachclub next time (in 2 months)

I'm no I'm so bad at commenting, but I've been reading I swear! And I love these French Quarter pics <3333 One of my faves for sure!

I'm glad you're still here and reading. :goodvibes Thank you! Me too... it's perfect in every way!

Still loving this trip report! Also, Jess I would like to compliment you on always keeping your trip reports, positive, upbeat, and exciting! We all have bumps in the road on vacation sometimes and I just love the way you handle writing about yours. You mention it, shake it off and keep on chugging!

Thank you! Aww those are such kind words, thank you so much! I try to have a positive and "disney-like" attitude towards any situation. It makes life a lot better. :thumbsup2

YAY for checking into a DISNEY RESORT! :banana: POFQ looks gorgeous! My mama is from the New Orleans area and they stayed there last summer when my sister went down with her dance company. She loved it. (So did the rest of the fam!)

Mmmm... the strawberry shortcake always looks so delicious!

WOOHOO! Aww that's really awesome! I bet she did!

It was SO GOOD!

That makes me feel so old :crazy2:

I was 18 and went with a friend. It was my first trip to WDW without my parents (or any parents.)

Haha no, no. You're not that much older than me! I was just an oblivious 10 year old :laughing:

Aww that's so exciting! That was my first parent free WDW trip too!

omg the food pictures at Sunshine Seasons are beautiful. *drools*

I love the gingerbread house contest! I didn’t know that they had that!

Thank God you left Mystic Dunes. We stayed off property once and it was the worst thing ever.

We have only stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and I loved it there. French Quarter looks amazing!

I have to ask, did you get beignets there? They are just too good. MMMM.

I love the Christmas tree in the lobby!

The decorations are so awesome in Sassagoula’s.

The rooms are so nice! Wow!

I love being so close to DTD. We stayed at SSR last summer and being able to take the boat is wonderful.

Thank you!
Neither did I! I am still wondering who actually made them.
I agree! Blah. Thank God for Disney resorts!
Out of the two, I prefer French Quarter because of the layout of the resort. But Riverside is really pretty too! I seriously love both of them!!
Oh yes, of COURSE I got beingets!! :thumbsup2 They are amazing!
Yeah I agree! Gotta love the convenience!

As always, FABULOUS update!!! PO looks AMAZING!!! So pretty! Love the decor! You are getting me SO excited for going to disney at Christmastime!!!!!!!!!!!!
Those desserts look DELISH!!!!!
have a wonderful weekend!
xo <3

Thank you so much! It was an awesome resort! You're going to have a magical trip! And they were very yummy!
Thank you - you too!

YUM YUM YUM!! That strawberry shortcake looks divine!! Soooo good! And I love the gingerbread houses!! Did it happen to say who entered? Was it randoms or CMs or what? So fun!! I would've made a castle. Or the Hollywood Tower Hotel. ;)

LOVE POFQ. I went to New Orleans last year...such a great place!! I love the culture, the food, the colors, the FOOD, everything. So glad Disney has a resort themed to that lovely place! I really really love the curtain divider!! That is so handy, they should seriously have that everywhere!

Ahhh it was amazing. I wish I could have some right now! And I honestly have no idea! I never found out the answer to that. But lol those are some awesome ideas! I should seriously make a disney themed gingerbread house next year!

Me too! Aww did you?! That's awesome - I bet it's a ton of fun! It's a really interesting theme for Disney to choose and I think they portrayed it exceptionally well! And I agree!

LOVE the Boats to Downtown Disney! It's the best part of POR!

I think POFQ is beautifuly done, the only thing, Kadence thought the Jester was creepy.:lmao:

Yeah those are awesome!!

Hahaha he definitely is creepy though, she's right. :lmao: But other than that, I love that place!!

POFQ is definitely my favorite moderate resort, and I'm dying to stay there since they refurbished the rooms. They look so purty. :goodvibes

Ugh, your Mystic Dunes experience sounds.....lovely. I can't stand the fact that other timeshare places insist on trying to sell you something every time. I always say "Disney doesn't do that". That's why they're so much better.

Me too! Ahh you're going to LOVE it! I can't even imagine what the rooms looked like before!

Yeah it was just dumb. I'm glad we left. Disney advertises vacation club in a much more classy way. And that's why they have so many buyers. Plus their product is GOOD. Mystic Dunes... not so much. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info!! I like the Disney Bear story better too!

Here is a picture of mine ~
IMAG0580.jpg

No no no we are not old... don't say that!

Yay for switching onsite and I love love the pictures of the resort!!!

Thanks for the picture! That DOES look a lot like Duffy! How cute. Maybe they just have a certain "disney bear look." Whether it's an older version or a newer version. Who knows!

Yay! Thank you!

I love French quarter! that is where we stayed on our honeymoon last year!! So sweet and not too big! We are staying a beachclub next time (in 2 months)

So do I! Aww that's so lovely... I'm sure you had a great time! And AHHH SO LUCKY!!!! The Beach Club is phenomenal. You're going to love it!

Beautiful!! I just love POFQ! I'm way more excited to go now!!!! :goodvibes

So do I! You're going to love it in person too!

Just got done reading your previous threads and catching up with this one. I loved your trip reports and the extras you add like the cooking attempts from the bathrobe princesses trip.

It looks like you have a blast on all your trips and its helped get me keep my sanity while waiting for my next trip. I also love some of the food items you've mentioned throughout your trips like the school bread and red velvet cupcake. I'm definitely going to give them a try.

Thank you so much for your trip reports!! And can't wait to see how the rest of your December trip goes.

Yay! Lots of updates!! :woohoo:

I'm with you on the whole Duffy thing...he's Disney, so I will love him unconditionally. :)

We are definitely going to walk to DHS from BC at least once, but we'll probably have to do it either early in the morning or late in the evening so we don't have heat strokes before we arrive. :rotfl:

I read about the fountain of nations in my Disney secrets book..that is so amazing! I'm tempted to bring some water from my kitchen faucet and discreetly pour it in there so a little bit of NC will be mixed in with all those countries! :rolleyes1

I love all of your pictures with the Christmas people from around the world! John and I really enjoyed watching them perform, especially the Japanese lady. She was so stinking precious. :goodvibes

Sunshine Seasons is SO GOOD. They have such a unique selection, and I love sitting in the middle of The Land and people watch.

I remember when we saw a gingerbread house contest at POP in December 2010! They had an Up gingerbread house that I was obsessed with!

PC270366.jpg

YAY POFQ! We stayed there on our Disneymoon, and I can't wait to stay there again with my mom in July! Your pictures of the resort are beautiful! :cloud9:

I'm all caught up! I've just spent hours reading your last 2 TR's. I love all of your pictures and can't wait for more.

Updates look great! I'm glad you managed to actually get from DHS to Epcot! I tried walking the opposite direction in Jan and ended up getting super lost! Still don't know how I did it! Hhaha

I really need to go back at Christmas to explore WS, I didn't know they had all those fun things to do!

POFQ looks absolutely amazing! It's another resort on my "must stay" list!

Just got done reading your previous threads and catching up with this one. I loved your trip reports and the extras you add like the cooking attempts from the bathrobe princesses trip.

It looks like you have a blast on all your trips and its helped get me keep my sanity while waiting for my next trip. I also love some of the food items you've mentioned throughout your trips like the school bread and red velvet cupcake. I'm definitely going to give them a try.

Thank you so much for your trip reports!! And can't wait to see how the rest of your December trip goes.

Aww thank you so much! I'm glad you have enjoyed all aspects of the trip reports - whether they're disney or non-disney!

I always have an extremely magical time, I'm glad it shines through on my trip reports! Haha I'm glad that I'm informing more people about their wonderful goodness - everyone needs to try those foods!

You're so welcome! Thank you so much for reading! And I can't wait to tell you all about the rest of it! It just keeps getting better and better!

Yay! Lots of updates!! :woohoo:

I'm with you on the whole Duffy thing...he's Disney, so I will love him unconditionally. :)

Yay I'm glad we agree!

We are definitely going to walk to DHS from BC at least once, but we'll probably have to do it either early in the morning or late in the evening so we don't have heat strokes before we arrive. :rotfl:

Oh yeah, in the summer I don't know if I'd make it! We made the trip once from Beach Club to... Hollywood(?) or something in May, and we were really hot by the time we got there! And it was at night. :scared:

I read about the fountain of nations in my Disney secrets book..that is so amazing! I'm tempted to bring some water from my kitchen faucet and discreetly pour it in there so a little bit of NC will be mixed in with all those countries! :rolleyes1

Bahaha now that you mention it, so am I :rotfl: Adding a little more America into the fountain wouldn't hurt, right?

I love all of your pictures with the Christmas people from around the world! John and I really enjoyed watching them perform, especially the Japanese lady. She was so stinking precious. :goodvibes

Thank you! Aren't they so fun?! I loved them all! And yeah, she was too cute! I think we got around to seeing every performer except the Hannakuh one! So it was pretty productive!

Sunshine Seasons is SO GOOD. They have such a unique selection, and I love sitting in the middle of The Land and people watch.

I know! That's especially why I love them. And I agree, just sitting the The Land is so nice!q

I remember when we saw a gingerbread house contest at POP in December 2010! They had an Up gingerbread house that I was obsessed with!

PC270366.jpg

I think I remember that picture from your trip report! And I remember thinking how cute that was! What a BRILLIANT idea!!

YAY POFQ! We stayed there on our Disneymoon, and I can't wait to stay there again with my mom in July! Your pictures of the resort are beautiful! :cloud9:

Aww did you!? That's so adorable. You and John are just too cute together! And aww I forgot you were staying there with your Mom! That's exactly what we did on this last trip - my Mom and I stayed at POFQ for my last few days after Kristen and her family went home!

I'm all caught up! I've just spent hours reading your last 2 TR's. I love all of your pictures and can't wait for more.

Woohoo! Aww thank you so much for taking the time to do that! I'm glad you're enjoying them! Thank you!

Updates look great! I'm glad you managed to actually get from DHS to Epcot! I tried walking the opposite direction in Jan and ended up getting super lost! Still don't know how I did it! Hhaha

I really need to go back at Christmas to explore WS, I didn't know they had all those fun things to do!

POFQ looks absolutely amazing! It's another resort on my "must stay" list!

Thank you! Aww did you? Haha I think I have gotten confused too. Maybe around the Boardwalk area you got mixed up? Because that's the part that always throws me off.

Aww really? haha yeah they have TONS going on it Epcot for the holidays! I'm glad I managed to see most of it!

Ahh it's such a beautiful resort! You would love it!

AHH YAY! I'm so glad you commented! Kristen and I were trying to figure out your disboards name for the longest time but we just couldn't remember what you said exactly! And then her brother wouldn't let us stay behind after the Jungle Cruise to say hi once again. Oh boys :rolleyes: But it was SO nice meeting you - you have no idea how much you made our nights! :goodvibes I hope you had a magical time in the world! And I'm glad you do too - I think he's precious.

Unfortunately, I can be a bit of a lurker sometimes. I never know quite what to say in a comment. But, I do read both of your trip reports, and I really enjoy them. It was really fun to meet you both--I hope we didn't hold the line up too much!:rolleyes1

Oh, hello. I thought I'd already commented on this update. (I didn't.) What a slacker I am.

FRENCH QUARTER LOOKS FANTASTIC. Out of all the moderate resorts, it's always been the most appealing to me (only because I've been to the real French Quarter, no other specific reason) but seeing the pictures just confirms that! If I ever stay moderate that is my number one! It's beautiful!

So awesome that you got to stay there! Two Disney resorts in one stay, so wonderful! :woohoo:

Unfortunately, I can be a bit of a lurker sometimes. I never know quite what to say in a comment. But, I do read both of your trip reports, and I really enjoy them. It was really fun to meet you both--I hope we didn't hold the line up too much!:rolleyes1

Don't even worry - it's totally fine! I'm so glad you're here and reading! And I'm so happy you like the trip report!! That means a lot to me! :goodvibes It was wonderful to meet you, and thank you for all of your kind words! And haha eh those people could wait... they didn't understand how important our dismeet was! :rotfl:

Oh, hello. I thought I'd already commented on this update. (I didn't.) What a slacker I am.

FRENCH QUARTER LOOKS FANTASTIC. Out of all the moderate resorts, it's always been the most appealing to me (only because I've been to the real French Quarter, no other specific reason) but seeing the pictures just confirms that! If I ever stay moderate that is my number one! It's beautiful!

So awesome that you got to stay there! Two Disney resorts in one stay, so wonderful! :woohoo:

Haha don't even worry!

Aww that's really cool! And yay I'm glad my pictures are convincing people to love Disney resorts even more :goodvibes That's awesome.

Yes, it was SO great! :cloud9: I'm so glad I got to do that!

Wow, I fell REALLY behind! I'm glad you guys ditched Mystic Dunes. We stayed there in 2010 and thought the resort was just blah. It was cheap ($500 for a two-bedroom for the week) but it definitely didn't have that Disney feel. Hooray for getting an AP rate on your new room. :thumbsup2

Don't even worry about having too many pictures in your TR, there's no such thing! I mean, have you seen my TRs? They're about 80 percent my DBF's pictures. :rotfl2:

I'm loving all the scenery photos, especially all the gorgeous Christmas flowers. Disney so good with the details.

I've never stayed at POFQ, but it looks stunning in all the pictures I've seen.

Aww I love the pics of you with the Duffy ears. For someone who calls herself a frump, you always look so cute!

I was kind of confused about Duffy but after becoming obsessed with all things Tokyo Disney and hearing Duffy's story, I'm a fan!

Ahh Epcot. The scenery is so perfect, and you're right, I never feel like I'm in a theme park.

That is really awesome about the water they brought in from different countries. Only in Disney, I'm tellin ya.

I love that you took the time to hear the holiday stories in each country. We heard part of a couple of them but apparently I had ants in my pants. It's just so hard to focus on anything when I could be riding Maelstrom, you know? All day, every day.

YUUUUM those chicken tacos look so good. I want to eat at both TS places and the CS place in Mexico really bad!

I don't think I've ever had a dessert from Sunshine Seasons. :scared1: I HAVE TO try that Strawberry Shortcake asap.

YAY for moving to Disney. As soon as you got to Florida I knew that was going to happen haha. Once you stay in you can never get out!!

You take so many pictures, I feel like I am there step by step with you and I love it!!! I always forget to do that cause I get all wrapped up in the moment.

The Epcot Resort Area is so stinkin' pretty. I love the poinsettias on the garbage cans. Only Disney decorates a place where people dump their trash. :rotfl:

Is that Madeline behind Pere Noel? I love her! Was she mentioned as part of the show or just there as decoration?

Santa Duffy is too cute!

YAY FRENCH QUARTER! AHHH I can't wait to stay there!! The rooms look super comfortable. I love the detail on the railings. JUST 39 MORE DAYS!! :cool1:

Jess,

have you given any thought to possibly being a VIP tour cast member? You seem to have the knowledge and the personality to successfully pull that gig off. You can call it the Frumpy VIP tour of The World.

Jess,

have you given any thought to possibly being a VIP tour cast member? You seem to have the knowledge and the personality to successfully pull that gig off. You can call it the Frumpy VIP tour of The World.

Giving tours would be sooo much fun! I want to do that too!!! I guess I should move to Florida right away so I can make that happen. :upsidedow

Wow, I fell REALLY behind! I'm glad you guys ditched Mystic Dunes. We stayed there in 2010 and thought the resort was just blah. It was cheap ($500 for a two-bedroom for the week) but it definitely didn't have that Disney feel. Hooray for getting an AP rate on your new room. :thumbsup2

Don't even worry about having too many pictures in your TR, there's no such thing! I mean, have you seen my TRs? They're about 80 percent my DBF's pictures. :rotfl2:

I'm loving all the scenery photos, especially all the gorgeous Christmas flowers. Disney so good with the details.

I've never stayed at POFQ, but it looks stunning in all the pictures I've seen.

Don't even worry! I've been updating a lot lol. And yeah it is SO blah. :sick: Oh wow, that is really cheap. But I can see why. Yay thanks!

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one! I got so photo happy on this trip. I have over 2,000 :eek: As I go through and edit them, though, I hope that cuts the number down.

Aww thank you! I'm glad you appreciate them haha. And ahh I so agree!

It's SUCH a beautiful resort! I hope you get to see it in person someday!

Aww I love the pics of you with the Duffy ears. For someone who calls herself a frump, you always look so cute!

Thank you! Hahaha aww thanks Lia! :hug: You're so precious haha

I was kind of confused about Duffy but after becoming obsessed with all things Tokyo Disney and hearing Duffy's story, I'm a fan!

Haha I really hope you get to go to every Disney park some day! I love how interested you are in all of them! :thumbsup2

Ahh Epcot. The scenery is so perfect, and you're right, I never feel like I'm in a theme park.

But seriously!

That is really awesome about the water they brought in from different countries. Only in Disney, I'm tellin ya.

Oh I know. They're perfect. I'm glad you liked that little story. I learned a ton of other stuff like that on this trip so I'll keep posting as the updates progress haha

I love that you took the time to hear the holiday stories in each country. We heard part of a couple of them but apparently I had ants in my pants. It's just so hard to focus on anything when I could be riding Maelstrom, you know? All day, every day.

Thanks! I probably wouldn't have spent so much time doing that if it was my only trip of the entire year, but since I had done all of the rides, I concentrated SOLELY on the holiday stuff. So even if you didn't get to see them, I'll have little write ups for each one on my trip report for you! And oh yeah, I mean, who wouldn't pick the Maelstrom over ANYTHING at Epcot?? And I know how long the line is... it basically takes up your whole day!

YUUUUM those chicken tacos look so good. I want to eat at both TS places and the CS place in Mexico really bad!

You NEED to! I love La Hacienda, my friends Alicia and Bobby are OBSESSED with San Angel, and the counter service is just awesome. Mexico has some winning food, I'll tell ya!

I don't think I've ever had a dessert from Sunshine Seasons. :scared1: I HAVE TO try that Strawberry Shortcake asap.

OMG YOU HAVEN'T!?! You need to write a snack list, lady!!

YAY for moving to Disney. As soon as you got to Florida I knew that was going to happen haha. Once you stay in you can never get out!!

Haha I know, right? I'm glad my parents learned that on this trip lol.

You take so many pictures, I feel like I am there step by step with you and I love it!!! I always forget to do that cause I get all wrapped up in the moment.

Yayayay I'm glad you love it! And aww don't worry. You have awesome stories to make up for it!! Your trip reports are golden.

The Epcot Resort Area is so stinkin' pretty. I love the poinsettias on the garbage cans. Only Disney decorates a place where people dump their trash. :rotfl:

I know!!! They're ridiculously beautiful. And hahaha that's exactly why Disney World is the number one vacation destination in the world. They decorate their garbage cans :rotfl: But seriously. Contributing factor, right?

Is that Madeline behind Pere Noel? I love her! Was she mentioned as part of the show or just there as decoration?

Yes it is!! That's EXACTLY what I said when I was there. I used to LOVE Madeline... my 6th birthday party was themed after her. :laughing: But no I think she was just decoration, as far as I can remember.

Santa Duffy is too cute!

YAY FRENCH QUARTER! AHHH I can't wait to stay there!! The rooms look super comfortable. I love the detail on the railings. JUST 39 MORE DAYS!! :cool1:

YOU ARE GONNA LOVE IT!! Omg your trip is SO SOON! I'm so excited for you!!!

Jess,

Haha this post just made my day! I actually have given thought to that, I honestly think that would be the PERFECT job for me. I'm glad you think I qualify! :laughing: I guess it's just a matter of figuring out how to get the job!

Giving tours would be sooo much fun! I want to do that too!!! I guess I should move to Florida right away so I can make that happen. :upsidedow

I totally agree!

Chapter 46: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
December 22nd, 2011

My Dad and I continued on our walk.

dsc0433q.jpg

He absolutely loved this resort! It's so peaceful and relaxing. Even though the setup is very compact, it's has a very tranquil atmosphere.

dsc0435r.jpg

As I have said before, French Quarter is my absolute favorite moderate. The theming is fantastic, the layout is very homey, and I would honestly rank my desire to stay here along with the deluxe resorts. It's THAT good. So if you're choosing between any of the moderates, I would hands down choose Port Orleans French Quarter! It's great for a honeymoon, for young families, for older families, for ANYONE! :-)

dsc0436r.jpg

We continued back inside the main building.

dsc0437sr.jpg

Back to Sassagoula's to check out the food! YUMMAY!

dsc0439op.jpg

This is where you order your food:

dsc0440ho.jpg

More Sassagoula's decorations!

dsc0442bj.jpg

The [slightly creepy] joker.

dsc0443ms.jpg

Is it bad that this crown reminds me of Burger King? I feel bad comparing something in Disney to a.... fast food place. *shudder*

dsc0444of.jpg

MARDI GRAS WOOOOO!

dsc0445f.jpg

My final Port Orleans obsession tweet of the day:
I am like... Exceptionally impressed with French quarter. Like... words can't even describe. This place is PHENOMENAL :-)

dsc0446ts.jpg

As you can tell, I was on cloud nine. I was in heaven. I WAS IN DISNEY WORLD. Life could not get much better than this!

dsc0448od.jpg

We got back to our building!

dsc0449xr.jpg

Numero Uno!

dsc0450b.jpg

Look what I found in the comforter! HIDDEN MICKEY!!

dsc0451j.jpg

Then it was time to get ready for dinner. I tweeted:
Of course my hair decides not to cooperate on the night when I'm going to the pavilion with the hottest waiters. #fml

And what pavilion is this?! Well, you'll just have to wait and see!

Once we were all ready, we piled in the car and drove to Disney's Hollywood Studios! We had some Toy Story Mania fastpasses to use up before dinner!

Mom decided that she wanted to stay behind because her hip was hurting. She waited in the car while Dad, Jonathan, and I ran in.

We got to the turnstiles and this three or four year old kid was SCREAMING because he didn't want to into Hollywood Studios. I was extremely appalled and deeply disturbed.

I posted on twitter:
When you have to drag a kicking and crying and screaming kid into Disney world.. You know there's a problem.

Someone get a tranquilizer gun and fill it with pixie dust and Mickey Bars. Please. That kid needed some serious psychological help. IT'S DISNEY WORLD, FOR GOODNESS SAKES.

I could hear the screams from that child all the way down Hollywood Boulevard, so I walked as fast as I possibly could to...

dsc0453oo.jpg

IT WAS TOY STORY MANIA TIME, BABY!

Since we only had two fastpasses, Dad let Jonathan and me ride. Dad went to go explore on his own.

We got in the fastpass line and walked right up. Then, since we had a party of two, we got to go in the right side gate, which basically gave us a double fastpass! We got to cut the rest of the line!

That has to be my biggest tip ever:

Christmas Tip #22: If you say you have a party of two at Toy Story Mania, they will send you through the right gate. That way you get to skip the entire line that goes up and down the stairs!

They do this so it's basically like a single riders line but for Toy Story Mania. When they have uneven amounts of groups in the cars, they need groups of two to fill the empty spots! So it's awesome if you only have two people/convincingly split up your group into pairs! Skipping that last leg of the line is AWESOME.

We got to the loading dock and Jon and I got put in a Slinky-Dog car. I LOVE SLINK!

The game started and this was the beginning of me discovering my true love: Toy Story Mania. OH MY GOD I never realized how much I LOVE that game!! I was going crazy!! It was like an epiphany. I was yelling at the toys and screaming when the water/air blasters would go off. I swear I am 5 years old. NO ONE BELIEVES ME. Jonathan just laughs and shakes his head at me. I'm apparently the weird one in the family.

From that moment on, Toy Story Mania started to win my heart. The passion would only grow stronger from that point on.

I remember reading Lia's tweets from her December trip that she wanted to beat 200,000 on Toy Story Mania. So thanks to her inspiration, I decided to set that goal for myself as well. WOULD IT BE ACHIEVED?! You will have to stay tuned to find out! CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!

We finished up the game and I finished with 160,000. That's not too far from 200,000 but I wasn't quite there yet. I will just have to keep trying!! At least I got the highest score in the vehicle!

dsc0457v.jpg

Also, I decided that I am going to keep a Toy Story Mania ride count on this trip report. I truly have NO idea how many times I went on it on this vacation. Honestly, I am extremely curious. So let the counting begin!

TOY STORY MANIA RIDE COUNT: 1

We finally got off of the ride and went to find Dad. He made a HUUUGE discovery: The Osborne Spectacle of Lights! He had no idea they existed so he was SO excited! He was like "OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS HAVE TO SEE THIS!"

So we went over to Streets of America.

HOLY MOTHER OF MICKEY MOUSE.

dsc0459xz.jpg

I got my first look at the Osborne Lights. All I can say is that my jaw DROPPED. Oh my Lord.

dsc0460p.jpg

You are completely surrounded by lights EVERYWHERE. It's absolutely surreal. Sort of... dream like. Some may say it's similar to an out-of-body experience. WORDS CAN NOT EVEN DESCRIBE.

dsc0461q.jpg

Especially the first time you see this display, you will just be completely overwhelmed. I was is awe. It doesn't even seem real, it's THAT amazing!

dsc0462bn.jpg

No matter how many pictures or videos you see of this, absolutely nothing can capture it. It is probably one of the most beautiful, joyful, and festive environments on the entire planet. I wish my pictures could transport you there!

dsc0471bv.jpg

I'm sorry I don't have a more accurate description for you, because it's truly beyond words. I really hope to God that each and every one of you get to experience seeing this someday.

dsc0472q.jpg

It truly is a sight to be seen and an experience to go through. WOW.

dsc0473bk.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Ah I've been majorly slacking with my commenting- but I have been reading along and thoroughly enjoying the whole time :thumbsup2
The resort looks so amazing!! I really want to stay there one day!
It looks like it is decorated soooo beautifully! And with an ample amount of palm trees aka happy disney trees.

Oh screaming children. I understand kids have tantrums and are sometimes uncontrollable but some things you witness at WDW are a bit of a worry. :confused3

TSM is the best! It's so easy to start yelling and screaming with excitement... and then leave barely being able to move your arm due to all the vigorous flinging? pulling?? haha I am not too sure of what the action would be called....

Osborne Lights are hands down my favourite thing about Christmas at Disney. It's just so magical and once all the music starts.... :goodvibes Your heart just melts and goes to the happy place! Soooo goood! And sooo magical :goodvibes And I love the story behind them! Just makes them even more special!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter