• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE to Disney World at Christmas Time! UPDATE x2 10/21

Yes, I am curious to see how long it took to walk from HS to Epcot. Also, I never even bothered to check out Muppet 3D, now I am intrigued to give it a peek. If it is on par Mickey Philarmagic I am all for that as MP is one of my absolute favs.

That's so funny that your boyfriend says frump all the time now. So funny when people give you looks for the things you say! I'm used to it though. Sometimes I just talk like a complete dork saying things like "As do I" instead of "me too" and people are like "we're in the 21st century goof!" :rotfl2: I don't even care. I'm currently reading the Game of Thrones series and one of the things they say all the time is "mayhaps". Which is kinda like "maybe" and "perhaps" combined and I just love it!! Yay non-traditional vocabs!! :goodvibes

And yay DHS!! I am so obsessed with that place. You took such a great picture of the fountain, the way it kinda framed the Muppets sign in the background in everything. Great eye! ::yes::

You are a stronger woman than I, for when I go to Starring Rolls for breakfast, I still get a cupcake! ;) I actually kinda forget they have anything else because I have such tunnel vision. :lmao: Though I have gotten one of those monster sandwiches once. Still had a cupcake for dessert though, of course.

I am SO EXCITED you guys switched to on-property!! That is the only way to go. I am not even a certain level snob, just a property snob! My boyfriend's dad is paying for us to take a trip to FL next year for a big family reunion. It's such a blessing because that's the only Disney I have on the horizon and I have such anxiety about not having any say in where we stay because I'm not paying. :faint: It's killin' me!!

:offtopic: Um...first why is off-topic guy so grumpy? Lighten up, you live on the Dis! Anywho...My 3-year-old son is sitting next to me, pointing to one of the smilies and re-enacting it. It's sooooo hilarious. He's never done this before that's why I'm telling you on yours. He's done the following:

:rotfl::rotfl2::worship::confused3 and the best one was :banana:

Oh and btw,

YOU'RE GOING TO DISNEY TOMORROW!!!

Okay so, can we just pause for a second and address the fact that you are going to Disney tomorrow? I can't quite comprehend this information, or the emotions I'm feeling. There's joy, excitement...and...what's that? Ah yes. Jealousy. ;) I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! :bitelip: :hyper: :faint:

Okay on with the update! Oh no, poor Jonathan! He was really feeling crummy. :( That's my only issue with taking vacations in the winter time- I feel like I always get sick! I hope he got to feeling better quickly, poor guy!

YAY for TSM FPs and Muppet Vision photoshoots! I love your pictures! So cute! :goodvibes

Yum, that breakfast looks amazing! The banana split sounds awesome! :thumbsup2

Oooh I'm excited to hear about you walking to Epcot, because John and I will probably be walking from the Beach Club to DHS in July!

Love the pictures of the christmas trees!!!! I loved all the decorations this year!!!!!

I really need to try Starring Rolls, everything looks so good!!!

You NEED to catch up on Once Upon a Time, it got sooooooooooo goooood towards the end of the season!!!!!

And finally.... you're going to disney tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY for staying on site!!:cool1: Did you get to ride on the boats to Downtown Disney?? I love doing that.

Beautiful pics are usual!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!:banana:

:bday::bday::bday: A day late :(

You are going to Disney tomorrow!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I loved the update! OMG you guys are moving to POFQ, my boys and I stayed there before I got married. We LOVED it. Can't wait to hear more when you get back!

Hope you have so much fun!

Happy Belated Birthday!

And YAY for switching to a Disney Resort earlier than planned!!!

Have a wonderful trip!

I'm super new to these boards, but i was looking at tr and i found your's and there awesome!I really enjoy reading them they make me want to go back to to wdw soooooo very badly:)looking forward to your next TR:) thanks again there really fun to read!

I love Once Upon A Time, it just keeps getting better!!!! That cherry turnover looks so goood!!!!!!! Yay to switching on property... hope you have a fantastic trip! :-)

I have heard! I NEED to catch up!
Yum... that cherry turnover was amazing!
YAY I was so happy! Thank you! I can't wait!

Cute cute cute pics around Muppet Vision!

OMG YES. You NEED to catch up on Once Upon A Time. But you already knew that! But DANG girl it's getting goooooood.

So remember when you told me I just did a foreshadowing (or some similar word) on my comment?? Yeah I probably did it on purpose because remember, I follow you on twitter... hahaha sly. BUT YAY! Can't wait to see your French Quarter pictures! Of all the moderate resorts I want to try, (which is all of them because hello) French Quarter is the one I want to stay at the most!

I just came across your TR and can not wait to read more (only read post 1 so far). We are going to WDW during the Cristmas Season for the 1st time this year! :santa:

Thank you!
I knowww! I will as soon as I have a free moment!
Haha sneaky sneaky :lmao: I couldn't remember if you were following me at that time or not. But yay I have TONS of them coming up! And oh yeah, POFQ is definitely the best moderate resort - no doubt about it!

How long did it take to walk from DHS to Epcot?

Hmm... like 20ish minutes? It's a little bit of a walk but the scenery is GORGEOUS! We ended up making the trip multiple times throughout our vacation!

Jess - you will love ONCE - it takes a bit of following but once you workout who is who it is fab - I think I live for it every week.

I'm loving your trippie - we don't go back until Novebmer and it seems like a lifetime away

Hope you had a fab Birthday looking forward to the trippie for your birthday trip xx

Yeah if I start it from the beginning I'm sure I would be able to follow! I wish I was caught up!

Thank you! Aww it'll be here soon!

I did! Thank you so much!

My girl is getting me into Once, its good

That's awesome! I'm sure it's really cool!

Yes, I am curious to see how long it took to walk from HS to Epcot. Also, I never even bothered to check out Muppet 3D, now I am intrigued to give it a peek. If it is on par Mickey Philarmagic I am all for that as MP is one of my absolute favs.

About 20 minutes! Like I said, it's a little bit of a walk, but we really utilized that pathway a lot throughout our trip!

OMG you have to check out the muppets!! It's not as good as PhilharMagic because it's older... but it's such a classic! I love the muppets!!! :lovestruc

Hope you have a great trip (I know you will)

Thank you! I can't wait!

That's so funny that your boyfriend says frump all the time now. So funny when people give you looks for the things you say! I'm used to it though. Sometimes I just talk like a complete dork saying things like "As do I" instead of "me too" and people are like "we're in the 21st century goof!" I don't even care. I'm currently reading the Game of Thrones series and one of the things they say all the time is "mayhaps". Which is kinda like "maybe" and "perhaps" combined and I just love it!! Yay non-traditional vocabs!!

Haha I know right?! He's perfect :p Saying like that are all awesome.. don't let anyone tell you differently :thumbsup2 I love being weird hahaha

And yay DHS!! I am so obsessed with that place. You took such a great picture of the fountain, the way it kinda framed the Muppets sign in the background in everything. Great eye!

ME TOO! Thank you - I was proud of that picture! I'm glad you appreciated it!

You are a stronger woman than I, for when I go to Starring Rolls for breakfast, I still get a cupcake! I actually kinda forget they have anything else because I have such tunnel vision. Though I have gotten one of those monster sandwiches once. Still had a cupcake for dessert though, of course.

Hahaha don't worry... I had a cupcake another day for breakfast. I just wanted to try the Cherry turnover really bad because I'm slightly obsessed with turnovers lol. And those sandwiches are good!! But I would need dessert too haha

I am SO EXCITED you guys switched to on-property!! That is the only way to go. I am not even a certain level snob, just a property snob! My boyfriend's dad is paying for us to take a trip to FL next year for a big family reunion. It's such a blessing because that's the only Disney I have on the horizon and I have such anxiety about not having any say in where we stay because I'm not paying. It's killin' me!!

ME TOO! I totally understand, I'm the exact same way. Hahaha I hope your resort situation turns out okay! I would be the same way as you!

:offtopic: Um...first why is off-topic guy so grumpy? Lighten up, you live on the Dis! Anywho...My 3-year-old son is sitting next to me, pointing to one of the smilies and re-enacting it. It's sooooo hilarious. He's never done this before that's why I'm telling you on yours. He's done the following:

:rotfl::rotfl2::worship::confused3 and the best one was :banana:

LOL good question! I have no idea! And LOL that is probably the most adorable thing I have ever heard!! :rotfl: HOW PRECIOUS!

Oh and btw,

YOU'RE GOING TO DISNEY TOMORROW!!!

HECK YES I AM!!!!!!

Okay so, can we just pause for a second and address the fact that you are going to Disney tomorrow? I can't quite comprehend this information, or the emotions I'm feeling. There's joy, excitement...and...what's that? Ah yes. Jealousy. ;) I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

YES I AM! OMG OMG OMG!!! I'm freaking out! I can't quite comprehend it either! But oh thank you! YAYAY I'm happy too! You'll have to follow our Disney tweets!

Okay on with the update! Oh no, poor Jonathan! He was really feeling crummy. :( That's my only issue with taking vacations in the winter time- I feel like I always get sick! I hope he got to feeling better quickly, poor guy!

I know - that stinks! And yeah, I know what you mean! He did, thankfully! After that, he didn't really have a reason to stay in the hotel room.... he was just lazy :rolleyes:

YAY for TSM FPs and Muppet Vision photoshoots! I love your pictures! So cute!

YAY! Thank you!

Yum, that breakfast looks amazing! The banana split sounds awesome!

It was really delicious!

Oooh I'm excited to hear about you walking to Epcot, because John and I will probably be walking from the Beach Club to DHS in July!

I have lots of pictures that I'll be posting in the next updates. I'll tell you all about it!

Ahhhhh! YOU"RE GOING TO DISNEY TOMORROW YOU LUCKY DUCK! HAVE FUNNNN!!!

YES I AM!!!! Thank you!!!

Love the pictures of the christmas trees!!!! I loved all the decorations this year!!!!!

I really need to try Starring Rolls, everything looks so good!!!

You NEED to catch up on Once Upon a Time, it got sooooooooooo goooood towards the end of the season!!!!!

And finally.... you're going to disney tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! Me too!

Yeah you do - it's one of my top favorite places in all of Disney!

I have heard!

YES I AM! THANK YOU!

YAY for staying on site!! Did you get to ride on the boats to Downtown Disney?? I love doing that.

Beautiful pics are usual!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!

WOOHOO! No we actually didn't have time to do that on this trip, but hopefully in the future!

Thank you!

THANKS!!!! :banana:

:bday::bday::bday: A day late :(

You are going to Disney tomorrow!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I loved the update! OMG you guys are moving to POFQ, my boys and I stayed there before I got married. We LOVED it. Can't wait to hear more when you get back!

Hope you have so much fun!

Haha don't even worry! Thank you for the birthday wishes!

THANK YOU! Yeah we did! Aww that's awesome! Yeah, it's definitely my favorite moderate!

I definitely will!

Happy Belated Birthday!

And YAY for switching to a Disney Resort earlier than planned!!!

Have a wonderful trip!

Thank you!

YES YAYAYAY!

Thanks - I promise I will!

I'm super new to these boards, but i was looking at tr and i found your's and there awesome!I really enjoy reading them they make me want to go back to to wdw soooooo very badly:)looking forward to your next TR:) thanks again there really fun to read!

Aww I'm so glad you like them! I know, I figure the 2nd best thing to actually being in WDW is writing about it! You're so welcome - thanks for being here!

OK, so I'm a little obsessed. I have wanted to go to WDW since I was 8, but living in Australia it's never been possible. Well, I'm now 32 (eek...33 this year) and in the early stages of planning to take my two daughters and husband to WDW in 2014/15.

So, my 3 year old daughter has been sitting next to me watching over my shoulder today, feeling sick from a cold, and is LOVING your Christmas report. 'Mummy, there's Buzz! Mummy, there's a weindeer!' 'Mummy, there's some food!' 'Mummy, there's Christmas decorations!!!!'

Just wanted to let you know that you appeal to a wide range of ages ;-)

My little girl and I love, love, love all of your trip reports! I mostly lurk and couldn't remember if I've ever posted anything. Anyway, just wanted to tell you to have a fabulous time at Disney! Hope you enjoy every minute. Will definitely follow your live updates on twitter. Thanks again for keeping us entertained!

I continue to love the trip report, Jess! Have a fantastic trip down to the world.... I am so happy that you appear to be doing perpetual trip reports. I suppose when THIS one is done, you will be able to start posting a NEW one, eh?

Keep loving Disney!

catching up again! Luvin all the updates.
Belated Happy Birthday.
Hope you having a great trip as well :)

AHH YOU'RE IN DISNEY RIGHT NOW!

I love all the pics of you with the Muppet stuff! That is a really cute outfit.

hhahahaha "There ain't nothin' up there but a bunny! A BUNNY?!" Anytime anyone mentions a bunny I break into that and no one ever has any idea what I am referencing. Sigh.

Yuuuuum Starring Rolls. I've never had anything there except the cupcakes, but everything always looks SO good!

Love that you walked to Epcot. I really wanna do that someday!

Ahhh! wonderful updates! Finally caught up! I think you'll understand, i was in disney with my mom after all! ;-) yay for your dad switching hotels!! Everything looks amazing as always!!!
xo <3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter