Your ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE to Disney World at Christmas Time! UPDATE x2 10/21

Chapter 8: "Once Upon a Christmastime At Christmas!"
December 6th, 2011

(Don't miss the update on the page before this! I posted 3 updates tonight - I just had so many pictures!!)

It's time to whip out your "Once Upon a Christmastime" soundtrack music. Just to set the mood. GET READY......!

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Mickey and Minnie and all their friends invite you to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year, as the Magic Kingdom proudly presents Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime PARADE!"

imagegnl.jpg

"Once upon a Christmastime at Christmas,

imagejxq.jpg

Families gather 'round the Christmas tree.

imagecmm.jpg

Once upon a Christmastime at Christmas,

imagejxmcqlq.jpg

Moms and Dads and children all agree...

imagewrg.jpg

It's a fairytale for all, it's a time you will recall,

imagebin.jpg

With stories told throughout the year.

imagezpk.jpg

So get ready for the night, when Santa takes his flight,

imagecnq.jpg

Cause Christmastime comes once a year....!"

imagewim.jpg

"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,

imagefvme.jpg

Let your heart be light."

imageuke.jpg

"Sleigh Rides are so romantic, don't ya think?"

imageivc.jpg

"Oh Donald, this is winter wonderful!"

imageamu.jpg

"It really feels like Christmas!"

imagewqz.jpg

"Hey, Chipper! What did you think of my snowman?"

imagekgm.jpg

"It's almost as good as mine!" "SNOWBALL FIGHT!"

imagezsac.jpg

"Sleighbells ring, are ya listenin'?

imageujst.jpg

In the lane, snow is glistenin'."

imageejg.jpg

"Isn't this lovely? It's the perfect time of year to be in love!"

imageifk.jpg

"It's that time of year when the world falls in love,

imagenzbw.jpg

Every song they hear seems to say,

imagesjai.jpg

Once upon a christmas time at christmas..."

imagepsdd.jpg

"Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, May your New Year dreams come true!"

imagezxx.jpg

"It's that very special time - it's just like a Fairytale!

imagefxok.jpg

And that magic that you'll find - and they all lived happily ever after!"

imagerax.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 9: "Once Upon a Christmastime At Christmas!" (Continued)
December 6th, 2011

"On that Once Upon a Christmastime!

imageple.jpg

May all your holiday dreams come true!"

imageiii.jpg

"Hey, Everybody! It's the holidays! Time for somethin' sweet!"

imagewla.jpg

"I WANT CANDY!

imageabet.jpg

YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY!

imageiua.jpg

You can even eat the dishes!"

imagejvu.jpg

"Candy Canes and Chocolate fill the air!"

imagefkj.jpg

"It's a marshmallow world in the winter... Once Upon a Christmastime at Christmas!"

imagewrs.jpg

"SCRUUUUUUU-MPTIOUS! SCRUUUUUUU-MPTIOUS!"

imagezbk.jpg

"We are Santa's Elves! Filling Santa's shelves!

imagexemu.jpg

Once upon a Christmas time at Christmas...

imageasfc.jpg

We work hard all day, but our work is play..

imagecjfg.jpg

Once upon a Christmas time at Christmas.

imagebuc.jpg

You better watch out, you better not cry,

imagevcf.jpg

You better not pout I'm telling you why!"

imagejim.jpg

"Toy Land, Toy Land, good little girl and boy land..."

imagexlm.jpg

DEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imageqkh.jpg

imagetwd.jpg

imageyoo.jpg

"Must be Santa, Must be Santa, Must be Santa Claus!!"

imagerwwb.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Jess, I don't know what it is, but we ALWAYS update on the same days. Hahaha I'm 'IN THE PROCESS' right now. WEIRD!

So basically I have all of Holiday Wishes AND the Once Upon a Christmastime Parade memorized, so, I knew what was coming! BUT, your pictures are about a billion times better than mine!

Hahaha, I love that you basically got into stealth mode when Nat called. NOBODY CAN KNOW! Um okay, I've had a chocolate croissant before and I've seen billions of pictures of them, but that one looks GOOD. I have no clue why. Maybe the powdered sugar? Haha who cares. It looks good. YUM. The end.

YAY CHRISTMAS and DISNEY and DISNEY at CHRISTMAS!!!!! Excited to hear about what happened next!

Jess, I don't know what it is, but we ALWAYS update on the same days. Hahaha I'm 'IN THE PROCESS' right now. WEIRD!

So basically I have all of Holiday Wishes AND the Once Upon a Christmastime Parade memorized, so, I knew what was coming! BUT, your pictures are about a billion times better than mine!

Hahaha, I love that you basically got into stealth mode when Nat called. NOBODY CAN KNOW! Um okay, I've had a chocolate croissant before and I've seen billions of pictures of them, but that one looks GOOD. I have no clue why. Maybe the powdered sugar? Haha who cares. It looks good. YUM. The end.

YAY CHRISTMAS and DISNEY and DISNEY at CHRISTMAS!!!!! Excited to hear about what happened next!

Haha that's funny! I know, that always happens! I just try and update as much as I can... free moments are hard to find! Sunday nights usually are good though! :laughing:
Haha I'm glad you are familiar with them! Aww thanks! haha I was snapping away! It's impossible not to take a million and a half pictures.
HAHAHA I know. IT'S A SECRET I'M IN DISNEY!
I know doesn't that one look fantastic? The powdered sugar was perfect... I don't remember ever getting that much but I was sure happy we did! :love: It just tasted perfect. YUM.
Haha there's lots more to come! (and by that I mean lots of pictures. :rotfl:)

Exactly! :thumbsup2

Haha I know, right? You would think that I would be like "oh yay going back to Disney. woohoo." But the thing was... I was SO much more excited for my next trip! I was like DISNEY DISNEY DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!! My entire life was literally Disney during the whole month of December since I wasn't in school. If I wasn't there, I was getting ready to go. :laughing:

What do we do? We singggggg!

WHERE DID YOU FIND A TANGLED POSTER!?!? OMG I WANT ONE FOR MY DORM ROOM!!

ps speaking of Disney merchandise... my friend showed me this website yesterday with Disney Hair Accessories and it's SO cute. I just have to show you. http://disneyribbons.tumblr.com/

AHHH OH MY GOD you should definitely audition to be her! That would be SO awesome. We both should just audition until they give us the jobs!!! :laughing:

I got the poster at Five Below! I don't know if you have those, but they're like dollar stores with better quality stuff cause everything is 5 dollars and below instead of 1. They always have cute Disney things.

OH MY GOD I HAVE TO GET SOME OF THOSE BOWS. I want the Tower of Terror and Rapunzel ones the most. OMG!

Unfortunately, you don't get to audition for a specific princess. :( You just audition in general and they choose a spot for you, but if I do it I'm definitely going to mention that I would love to play Rapunzel. I mean, it couldn't hurt!

Yay, I love multiple updates!!

OMG I can totally imagine you frumpishly limping toward Main Street.

I love all the pictures!! Holiday Wishes looks spectacular!

AHH THE PARADE! I love how they have so many characters. I never see Jiminy anywhere!

BELLE'S CHRISTMAS DRESS OMG!

Wow! Bo Peep! I've never even HEARD of her being in the parks before. Did you see any other random characters that you never see?

I think the candy float was my favorite but really who can choose! Everything looks so amazing. Ugh, I'm mad we missed it. I decided to choose between the Candlelight Processional Package and the party and first I picked the package and then tried to change it but couldn't... the full story will be in my TR. :headache: Ah well... there is always another Christmas, right?

Ahhhhhhh Christmas!!!! That was such a beautiful chunk of pictures:goodvibes Christmas there is soooo stunning. It really feels so much more Christmassy than anywhere else in the world.
Oh how I love Disney minded people. We all have millions of pictures of the castle and still know, you can never ever have enough.
Its only awkward when you have to show the non disney people your holiday albums...and there is 374 pictures of the castle.... in a row.
Oh my lordy, Hawaii was amazing! I have no words. Just want to go back! (After the next Disney trip...of course...priorities)
Aulani is stunning! I didn't stay there the whole trip, I stayed in dorms at the university of Hawaii with one of my best friends but we visited and stayed for a night. Ahhhhhh soooo prettty! We swam with turtles...and seals...and other cute marine life! Anyway. I could go on and on but shhh Sally.

Yes I would say you definitely made the right decision! And you just have to always remember that. It is such a great feeling when you find yourself where you are meant be. So for my job I help run one of the major youth choirs and dance theatres in the country. I run most of the auditions where we go and pick the kids from the schools and make them sing and dance for us. We also do heaps of special events, like huge music award shows and the Nikelodeon awards and sporting events, and when people like the Queen come and visit. Which is so much fun because I get to meet crazy famous people...although we teach the kids to be professional so even though I am screaming on the inside like the nerd I am...I have to act chill haha like it's no biggie. We also go on international tours every year throughout either Europe or America and the kids perform each day in a variety of places which I help organize....the most exciting being disney. So pretty much my work pays me to go to Disney. Crazy! I seriously love it all so much I would do it for free. And everyone in my office is young and studied performing arts and we just have so much fun every day. I mean it can get busy and stressful at times, like any job but when you're doing what you love...it doesn't even matter.
Yeah I do other stuff at work too... but I'll stop yakking now... Sorry I just get a bit overly excited.
You just never know what jobs will appear though, I saw one advertised the other day for working as the performing arts co-ordinator for a camp where kids go if their siblings have cancer. Just to give them a break for everything the family is going through so they can have some fun and relax a bit. As usually the other healthy children get so neglected with all the stress the family goes through. I mean things like that, you would never even know they exist unless you stumble across them or meet someone already doing it.
I am really happy for you that you are pursuing this and if you ever want to message me, feel free to. It's going to be tricky sometimes...and some people just won't get it but that's how life is. Just keep your focus on what's important and surround yourself with people that want the best for you...although it seems like you have a pretty amazing group of friends and a great family. So just go for it...dream big!...eek sorry if I sound a bit cheezy.

I am not sure what to say I am speechless. I felt as if I was there with you. And as I read this it is VERY cold where I am so it felt like I was outside watching the parade and Holiday Wishes with you. Just need me some hot cocoa.

I seriously love the Holiday Wishes music. I sing it all the time. I love the "Its the spirit of the season . . . " Our church had a Christmas program last year and that song was in it. I was so excited....LOL. So as they sang this I was thinking of Disney. Of course.

The photos were great. I have to tell myself this year "It is ok if your not right in the middle of the hub to see Wishes". I think it will be more magical if I am not in the most crowded spot to view this. We are going to do a couple things different this trip, such as see Wishes one night from the Poly Beach and see the Water Parade. Looking forward to April.

The Parade pics are wonderful. I love all the characters in their scarfs and coats. I think I love the Nutcrackers and the deer the best.

Thanks as always for sharing.

Were you over by where the parade started, near Splash? I was on the Splash side...

And now I have the "Once Upon A Christmastime ...." song in my head..Oye!:woohoo:

Aww thank you! I'm so glad you're enjoying!
I'm glad that your whole transferring situation worked out too! Mine sure did - I was SO miserable before and now I actually enjoy being here :goodvibes I think everything happens for a reason to get you where you want to go, you know?
I AM OBSESSED WITH THE DCP TOO! It's ridiculous. I talk about it every day and I still have like a whole year until I can do it. :lmao: (at least! I really hope it can be next spring. We'll see.)
Yes someone recommended that TR to me on here and I started reading the beginning! I haven't had time to get very far into it but I am going to! (maybe today actually!) It's so cool to read about her experience. I would love to do a DCP trip report!!
Hmm well I'm just gonna say... you REALLY should do the program. Because if you think about it, an opportunity like this is never going to come around again, you know? If you don't do it you would look back and regret letting that chance go by! Student teaching and real jobs can wait, they'll be around for the rest of your life. You should do this for yourself well you have the opportunity!
You'll have to keep me updated on if you do it in Spring 2013 or not! That is what I'm REALLY leaning towards right now... but of course that's a whole year from now. We'll have to see but I can't wait figure it all out!! I'm sure it'll all fall into place!
Vacation planning would be so cool! Maybe I'll put that as one of my possibilities! And LOL I totally have the same mindset as you - I would LOVE to move down there and work full time! Maybe someday. I feel like it's my calling. :laughing:
And oh my gosh - pour your hear out anytime! I feel like I do a huge, long "I want to do the DCP SO BAD!!!" post every single day lately. :lmao: It's totally fine! I understand exactly how you feel!
Before we know it the apps will be out! (even though no time can ever be soon enough!!!) I hope everything works out for you!
And thanks again for reading! It's so great to have you here!

Ok I just finally put up an avatar so hopefully everyone's TRs I post on will be able to keep track of who I am more! haha ohh Walt, be still my heart!

I ALSO talk about the DCP basically every day...I'm soo glad I have all the wonderful people on the dis to talk about it with so I don't just have to talk my mom's ear off! hahaha Honestly...I'm almost positive I will do Spring 2013 (just not sure if I want to do advantage or not! I'm thinking I won't, in case I decide to get a "real job" and then I could always try to extend my CP?) But yeah, DEFINITELY go read natasha's TR, it's so interesting!

It's so hard because right now I just want to know whether or not I'll be doing the CP in Spring because my mom and I are deciding when our next WDW trip should be! My mom wants to make it my big graduation trip for my whole family and stay somewhere really nice (I think along the boardwalk would be my first choice!) But if I really do the CP then it seems silly to take my whole family to WDW next December if I was just going to move there in January and get all the discounts etc! So I'd rather go for flower and garden festival toward the end of April when my semester gets done. But it's impossible to plan around the CP because we won't even know if we're doing it until a few months in advance! Although I feel like...Disney will know a good thing when they see it & they'd never pass up on you or me! :rotfl: My mom is always like "oh Alli, you can't see that far in the future so just work with what you know right now! What if you meet your Prince Charming and get engaged, then you won't want to move away!" To which I just think "Umm...my Prince Charming definitely already lives at WDW so I gotta get down there to meet him!" :lmao: Anyway, sorry for hijacking! Fingers crossed everything works out for both of us and we could be CP friends! :woohoo: I'm gonna come back and read your updates after I finish the project I'm working on!

Belle (my favorite princess) in her Christmas dress makes we want to cry:sad1: SO BEAUTIFUL!!! These pictures totally made my day.

Yayy!! That is an onslaught (by the way, I think I've been using that word 10x more often since I've been reading Kristen's trip report!) of pictures. Ahh..now I just want to be in Florida like NOW! :santa:

Had to come out of lurk-dom to let you know how much I love all of your TRs Jess! You're a wonderful writer with funny stories and perfect photos. Love them! I hope my two girls grow up to be as enthused about Disney and the arts as you are. I'm loving reading all about your Christmas trips!

Holy pictures Batman! I understand though, I normally take so many pictures, and when I finally get down to writing my TRs, I'm always downsizing and reducing what I show.

Yummy yummy yummy chocolate croissant. One of my favorite WDW treats.

A shame you didn't get to see the Dwarves. However, I've heard that their line is always insane!

What an amazing update! We are just in awe. I can NOT wait until we can do Christmas at Disney.

I seriously have a tear in my eye. Thank-you, this update will hold me for a while.:hug:

Wow! I hit the jackpot when I opened up the TR and found all the updates. Love all the castle pics - so pretty! Your character pictures are so nice. I like the unposed one with Snow White. Your Mom looked adorable talking to Snow and they were both holding their hands the same way. How lucky you got a pic with Flynn!! He's a cutie!

3 updates? what, what? Totally awesome. You are a rockstar.

Your pictures are seriously fantastic. So crisp. I felt like I was there with you. I loved the candy/gingerbread house floats. And Chip & Dale having the snowball fight. So fitting.

Chocolate croissants. I die. I adore them. I have had many a chocolate croissant at Disney.

And I totally know my daughter would love the MVMCP. Since the Disney planning video is one of her favorite DVDs, she has already asked on many occasions to see the Christmas parade one day. I really, really, really hopes she grows up to love Disney as much as you do so I can do mother daughter trips!

Yay! 3 updates; what a fantastic day for me. :) The party looks fantastic. I wish I did it while we were there...oh well, I guess I will have to go back! LOL. Love finding "excuses" to go back to Disney...not very hard to find reasons though!!! Your Christmas outfit is so cute. Love the hat and shirt. Adorable. I see you're wearing pins! Did you find any good trades while there?

YUM! That croissant looks so good. I need one right now! I have never gotten anything other than a blueberry muffin in the bakery there. I'll have to try something else next time. Haha love that you were sneaky with your conversation with Nat! Did she even expect it? I bet she was surprised when you told her!

Hope school is going well; looking forward for more.

Yay for 3 updates!!!! I LOVE the picture overload!!! Makes me feel like I was right there with you! :cool1: It is settled...I MUST attend MVMCP!!!! :santa:

I somehow managed to unsubscribe myself from this (sometimes my brilliance astounds me) and I need to catch up! Aaah, stupid boards being so slow!! You got some great shots of the Christmas parade, though - I love Wendy (and Peter) with their scarves. They're just too adorable with them (especially in meet'n'greets :))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter