Your ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE to Disney World at Christmas Time! UPDATE x2 10/21

I am waiting patiently (or at least trying to be patient) for your next update! ::yes:: Now that I'm totally caught up on all your current TRs -- plus I read through last August's TR (I was there at the same time!)-- I am totally spoiled because I didn't have to do any waiting! :rotfl:

I get it though. Now that school is starting today (I'm a teacher) I'm going to have a lot less time to spend on the Dis :worried:

In the meantime, good luck with auditions tonight!!! :goodvibes

I apparently read too many of your updates last night- I dreamed I came to visit you at your dorm! LOL!

Ohana looks absolutely fabulous- I can't wait to eat there!

Those crowds...wow! I can't imagine being there! I wonder how many people are first timers during the xmas week...they must never want to go back! haha

Subscribed! It took me 2 days to get though the TR so far, amazing! Sounds like you all had an wonderful time.......so jealous!! We are going back next year but I wish we could go more often!! So has your family used the other time share since you have now had 2 awful experiences? Can't to wait to hear more and I'm checking out your other trip reports. :cool1:

Hooray! Wow, thank you so much for spending so much time reading! That really means a lot!

We did have a wonderful trip! That's awesome that you get to go back soon!

Haha no we haven't used it again! Disney Vacation Club is SO much more reliable. We really want to sell that other one and just get more points.

Thank you so much!

You and your family are so cute!

That is a crazy amount of food, but it all looks so tasty! I'm trying to convince my parents to branch out and try TS restaurants at the resorts on their upcoming trip in April (my aunt and uncle won a trip that includes the deluxe dining plan, and they're taking my parents!) so I'm slowly stockpiling info on all of the restaurants at the resorts. Ohana will definitely be on my list!

I've never been at MK on New Year's Eve, but man, that looks so crazy! That's weird that Fantasyland was empty.

Have fun at school and good luck with your auditions!

Aww thank you so much!

I know, it was SO SO SO GOOD! Hmm my top favorite resort restaurants are Ohana, Kona, Cape May Cafe, Chef Mickey's, Sanaa, California Grill, Narcoossee's, and Whispering Canyon. That's SO awesome that he won - holy cow! HOW LUCKY!! Yes, make sure you get a ADR way ahead of time!

It was super crazy! I think FL was empty because it was the back of the park and everyone was on Main Street waiting for the fireworks!

Thank you! We finished auditions tonight so now we are just waiting on callback lists (which come out tomorrow) and cast lists! (which are posted monday!)

Oh my Gosh how awesome!! I just picture the dance party from Tomorrowland...except bigger and better and everywhere!!! Sounds like so much fun!

OT- I heard "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" on the radio for the first time last night and I thought of you! Maybe I'm spending too much time on the Disboards reading your TRs :rotfl2:

It was SO MUCH FUN! Yeah that's pretty much what it is!

Hahaha that's AWESOME! I love that you thought of me! :goodvibes

it took a few days but all caught up...didnt read the inbetween but made it through the updates.

to much to comment on everything but wanted to say well done well done.

also didnt notice if anyone said anything but that story you told about the little girl who wrote the letter to the newspaper...did you know it was made into a 30 minute cartoon they plat at christmas called yes virigina?

anyway good job and look forward to more.

Wow, the pool at BLT is really beautiful!! From far away (which is the only way I've ever seen it...sadly...it's on my list though), it seemed sort of...average, but your photos brought out the hidden beauty of that little gem of a pool. :thumbsup2 So excited to stay there someday!! :goodvibes

And 'Ohana....what is there to say about 'Ohana?? :worship: Oh how I LOVE that food!!! :lovestruc And I eat embarrassingly large amounts of it. Well...amounts that I SHOULD be embarrassed by, but you know...:rolleyes1 It's Disney food...there are no rules. Not to mention, all my self-control seems to disappear the second my ME bus travels under that giant "Walt Disney World" arch. I eat like a lumberjack when I'm there. :lmao:

Great update!! Can't wait to read more!

Diane ::MinnieMo

I am loving your trip report, can't believe I just found it. :thumbsup2

I just had to share this with you...I got married in WDW at the Yacht Club 18 years ago (which explains the big hair and the poofy sleeves).

scan0005.jpg

scan0007-1.jpg

My Disneyland recommendations:

Mickey pancakes at River Belle Terrace (Walt Disney used to have breakfast here)
Carnation Cafe has the best breakfast potatoes
Pizza Port Chicken Fusilli (enough to share)
Corndog from the Red Cart on Main Street
Ribs from Taste Pilots
Salads in a bread bowl from Pacific Wharf Cafe
you have to, have to make sure you do the Haunted Mansion Holiday (especially if you like Nightmare Before Christmas)

Hi there Jess! I'm getting caught up after coming back from my absolute favorite place to stay in WDW - BLT!!! I went down the swirly slide a few times as well - it was a ton of fun!

Oh, and I saw Kristen there - twice!!! I want to meet all the frumps someday! :thumbsup2

You did a great job pacing yourself at 'Ohana since you were able to enjoy some of the bread pudding! I can proudly say that after this last trip I am now one of those people who can brag that I have eaten at 'Ohana and LOVED IT!!! They do such a great job. I love what your mom posted on Twitter.

I absolutely love the joyful abandon that you had at MK on NY eve! I'm sure you put a smile on a few people's faces when they saw how much you were loving life at that moment.

I wish you all the best this week with auditions and moving into your dorm. :goodvibes

Ahhhh Ohana foood :goodvibes
I read this in the office and showed all the girls I work with and we got so hungry we were forced to take an early lunch!! YUM!

Awhhhh your mum is too precious. That is so sweet what she said!

What a great night running hyperactively around the Magic Kingdom, I love it!
I can't imagine a better way to ring in the new year!:thumbsup2

Good luck in all the auditions and everything else happening this week.
Hope it hasn't been too crazy for you!

Chapter 77: Teppan Edo
December 27th, 2011

DIPPING SAUCES!
dsc05182f.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Ooh there is a hibachi place that I love near me called Hibachi X and they serve that sort of creamy sauce that is on the right in this pic. It is tdf, so delicious. Anytime we eat there, I leave so overfull because I just want to keep dipping more and more food into that sauce! The first time we ate there, the chef did the onion volcano and I was like "OMG it's like we are in Disney!" lol

Oh my goodness, that looks insane but extremely awesome. :) My brother would probably do the same thing as yours. Just stand there at pretend not to know me, or if it was a good night - he may or may not join in sporadically.

But good luck with first week back and (break a leg?) with auditions! My first week back was two weeks ago and it's going to be an insane semester!

It was! I loved every second of it! Haha I'm glad my brother isn't the only one who would do that. :p

Thank you so much! And I agree, it's going to be an insane semester for me as well!

This is like the best night of anyone's life ever. I can't even think of anything else to say except for OMG OHANA YUM AHH.

I've totally been there... you're just in your own little world and all the weird looks you're getting don't even bother you because it doesn't matter and it's just FUN and there is NO SHAME! I had a moment like that in the grocery store a couple weeks ago. I was dancing and singing down the aisles to Whitney Houston's 'How Will I Know.' Something tells me it wasn't nearly as awesome as being in MK though... sigh. :lmao:

Good luck with all your auditions! I bet you'll be amazing! :hug:

I know, right!? Oh my God it was perfect.

Haha oh absolutely! That's exactly where I was at that moment. It was so fun! LOL I'm glad you could have a fun moment like that in the grocery store. It takes a true frump :thumbsup2

Thank you! I hope they went alright. I'm just glad they're all done!

This was like the best update EVER. I mean, Ohana AND the Magic Kingdom on New Year’s Eve! What can be better than that?!

And now I will go drool over your Ohana food pictures…

Aww thank you! I'm glad you think so!

Haha ahhh I miss Ohana SO FREAKIN' MUCH.

First off: I love the fact that you put little video clips into your TR's so that people will know what you're talking about haha! Love it!!

Secondly: UGH, Ohana!! The dinner looks absolutely amazing! I am dying to eat there, but have all of my ADR's done for the next trip (which is probably a good thing seeing as it's in 8 days lawl) But it's on my list of things to do!

Impulsive Magic Kingdom! Yes! It looks so crowded, I love that Jonathan pretty much just followed you around haha, that's great. I'm glad you got your impulsive dance party on!

Haha oh thanks. I gotta keep people updated on my thought process, ya know?

YUMMM I love Ohana! Ahh you're going in 8 days!? How lucky!

It was crowded but I wasn't mad! I had such a wonderful time!

Jess, I betcha the surge of energy when midnight stroke was louder than the New Years' ceremony in Times Square. Was it?

Haha perhaps! I wasn't actually in the park for 12 o'clock, so I'm not sure!

I don't think I could handle crowds like those.

Haha they were quite overwhelming!

Jess, you're one brave gal facing those crowds! I LOVE that you just danced around the Kingdom and then left. So funny!

You've got me dying to try O'hana, but with DS's food allergies, I'm not sure we'll get a chance to go anytime soon :(

Good luck this sememster in school. I hope your auditions go well! Looking forward to another update.

They didn't seem to phase me because I was so excited to be there! It was SO worth it lol.

Aww that stinks :( Allergies are awful. You'll have to get there at some point.

Thank you so much!

After reading your most recent post I immediately sent Mr. NoOrdinaryPrince a text begging him to consider a New Years eve/day trip. We'll see what he says.

Haha aww I hope he says yes!!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE O'HANA!!! :love::love: The bread pudding is to die for! That's so sweet what your mama said <3 AW!

I can just picture you skipping and dancing your way through the Magic Kingdom! :woohoo: I can't imagine being in those crowds though... you're BRAVE!

ME TOO! It is my favorite restaurant on this PLANET. And aww I know, she's an angel.

Hahaha I had an AMAZING time! And lol I was so in the zone that they didn't even phase me. They just added to the experience, I guess!

This update was the best! I was there with you - in spirit anyway. The fact you can write about that night 8 months ago with such enthusiasm is amazing. Your TR's are great!

Aww thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I will never forget how wonderful this night was, I'm happy that it came across that way in my writing! Thank you so much!

I hope you enjoyed your last day of summer! I'm glad I convinced you to go for the s'more. ;)

As for the update, YUM. I think that's really all that needs to be said about 'Ohana.

The Magic Kingdom on NYE sounds like so much fun! Singing and dancing and (to quote Lia's TR) LIVIN' IT UP at the most magical place on earth is pretty much the best.

Thanks girl! I am glad you did, too! That s'more was freakin' DELICIOUS! So worth it.

Seriously. I want to go back SO BAD. Oh my gosh.

It was SO much fun. I can't even. I would love to transport back to that night if I could! It really is!

When my oldest daughter was little people used to say that she looked exactly Michelle Tanner and I loved it,I thought it was the best compliment ever!!!!
Now please tell me where do you get all your long sleeve Disney shirts??? I love them!!!!!!

Aww that is SUCH a compliment! Michelle is the cutest thing EVER.

I got them at Forever 21 last fall!

AHHH I will be at 'Ohana in 47 days!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!! I think I should stop eating now in order to make room for all the food I am going to eat on that night. LOL.

That picture of you guys cracks me up cause you, Jonathan, and your mom are smiling perfectly and your dad is like making an OMG face. What a frump, I love it. Btw the other day when I went to make a deposit at the bank with another manager at my store we went in through the wrong door, and couldn't find where to go, and then we couldn't find his car in the parking lot, and I was like "WE ARE SUCH FRUMPS!" and he thought it was the funniest thing ever that I would say that...and I was like, it's the frump life, dude. Get used to it. LOL.

I LOVE your one woman parade of euphoria prancing through the Magic Kingdom. Seriously. That is what life is all about.

haha I totally relate to that moment of you singing BABY loudly... I'm not a Bieber fan either but that's just one of those songs that if it hits you in the right mood, you're gonna belt it out unless you're just totally dead inside. LOL.

Oh my gosh you're SO lucky that you got an ADR! Enjoy it!

Bahaha my Dad always makes SUPER frumpy faces when we're trying to take a nice picture. It drives my Mom nuts but it makes me laugh!

Hahaha I'm SO glad you used that word! OMG OMG OMG I forgot to tell you! In the monologue I got called back with yesterday, literally one of the first sentences in the side was "I feel so frumpy!" I died.

Haha aww thank you! I completely agree!

Exactly! I'm so glad that you understand.

While I totally understand the awesomeness that is Disney on new years, there is no way I could deal with those crowds! I need a little elbow room,WOW!

Your dinner looked soooo good I really need to work on my family to give it a try. They just don't know what good is!LOL

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Haha thankfully I can make myself oblivious to such things. However, I could completely see how people would get very claustrophobic!

It was! OMG yeah you guys need to get there soon!

This whole trip just looked like it would create the best memories that a family could have! It really looked wonderful and your narration has been so sweet and fun.
I'm really glad that you enjoy trip report writing so that I can share in the memories.
And I will add Ohana to my list for my next trip! Yum.

It really was the best trip of my entire life! Thank you so much!
Aww I'm glad that you appreciate it!
You definitely should!

You may have just pushed me into making a reservation at Ohana (if I can get one) for the end of the month. Never been but your pictures made me drool!

Ok yeah...that was silly that I thought I might be able to get a reservation for Ohana at this late date. I will keep trying though!

Haha that's okay! Just keep it in mind for next time - it's a place that you definitely are going to want to get to!

Great updates. Love the pool pics - the tiles were really pretty! They were the first pictures I've ever seen of that particular pool and slide.

Yum, 'Ohana! I have to agree with Jonathan - I love the pot stickers too!
I also agree with your Mom's New Years sentiment - there is no place I'd rather be or no one I'd rather be with than my family of four.

Wow! The New Year's crowds in MK are crazy!! (I'd still go if I had the chance)

Thank you! I think that the pool is designed so beautifully!

Ahh it's my favorite restaurant! And yes, that's exactly true!

They are but it's so worth being there!

Great Ohana pics! That me me hungry, I loved the pic where the fosters sauce is just a straight line being poured into the bread pudding!

I would have loved to see you dancing and singing in MK! That is so funny that you just got a burst of energy and had to go to MK! I love it!

Thank you! I'm glad you liked that picture. I was trying to be artsy or something. :laughing:

Haha I'm sure it was quite the show! Yes, I NEEDED to go! It was so worth it.

Where did you get the Ariel shirt from? I love it!!:goodvibes

Forever 21. I got it last fall!

I hope moving back to university went well! Packing enough stuff for an entire year is always a pain, IMO (and it's simply not as fun as packing for Disney). :laughing:

New Year's Eve at WDW is incredible, but I always have such a hard time deciding which fireworks show to see - Epcot's or MK's? IMO, they're both amazing, and the atmosphere in the parks is so festive. I can't wait to see how the evening ended. :goodvibes

It did! I am so incredibly happy to be back! And lol nothing is more fun that packing for Disney!

It really is! I know, it's SO hard to decide! I want to go back some year so I can see Epcot's! I heard they're incredible! I am excited to share!

I am waiting patiently (or at least trying to be patient) for your next update! ::yes:: Now that I'm totally caught up on all your current TRs -- plus I read through last August's TR (I was there at the same time!)-- I am totally spoiled because I didn't have to do any waiting! :rotfl:

I get it though. Now that school is starting today (I'm a teacher) I'm going to have a lot less time to spend on the Dis :worried:

In the meantime, good luck with auditions tonight!!! :goodvibes

Haha I'm sorry I can't post faster! This semester already is so crazy and it's only the first week! I'm scared. :guilty: :laughing:

Thanks for reading all of the reports! I hope you enjoyed them!

Good luck with school! And thank you very much!

I apparently read too many of your updates last night- I dreamed I came to visit you at your dorm! LOL!

Ohana looks absolutely fabulous- I can't wait to eat there!

Hahaha that's so funny!

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Those crowds...wow! I can't imagine being there! I wonder how many people are first timers during the xmas week...they must never want to go back! haha

It was insane! Oh my goodness... I'm sure any first timer who goes during that week is probably very skeptical of Disney and how fun it really is. Because you really can't do much of anything!

it took a few days but all caught up...didnt read the inbetween but made it through the updates.

to much to comment on everything but wanted to say well done well done.

also didnt notice if anyone said anything but that story you told about the little girl who wrote the letter to the newspaper...did you know it was made into a 30 minute cartoon they plat at christmas called yes virigina?

anyway good job and look forward to more.

Woohoo! Oh my gosh, don't even worry about reading the in between stuff. The updates are the important part!

Thank you so much!

Aww really!? I'll have to look that up sometime! Thanks for letting me know!

Wow, the pool at BLT is really beautiful!! From far away (which is the only way I've ever seen it...sadly...it's on my list though), it seemed sort of...average, but your photos brought out the hidden beauty of that little gem of a pool. :thumbsup2 So excited to stay there someday!! :goodvibes

And 'Ohana....what is there to say about 'Ohana?? :worship: Oh how I LOVE that food!!! :lovestruc And I eat embarrassingly large amounts of it. Well...amounts that I SHOULD be embarrassed by, but you know...:rolleyes1 It's Disney food...there are no rules. Not to mention, all my self-control seems to disappear the second my ME bus travels under that giant "Walt Disney World" arch. I eat like a lumberjack when I'm there. :lmao:

Great update!! Can't wait to read more!

Diane ::MinnieMo

Oh my goodness, it's far from average in my opinion! I found it absolutely beautiful! We loved it! I definitely think it's one of the best pools on property.

Ohana is my FAVORITE restaurant! Haha there is no such thing as eating too much in Disney! I am literally a bottomless pit when I'm there - I understand!

Thank you so much!

I am loving your trip report, can't believe I just found it. :thumbsup2

I just had to share this with you...I got married in WDW at the Yacht Club 18 years ago (which explains the big hair and the poofy sleeves).

scan0005.jpg

scan0007-1.jpg

My Disneyland recommendations:

Mickey pancakes at River Belle Terrace (Walt Disney used to have breakfast here)
Carnation Cafe has the best breakfast potatoes
Pizza Port Chicken Fusilli (enough to share)
Corndog from the Red Cart on Main Street
Ribs from Taste Pilots
Salads in a bread bowl from Pacific Wharf Cafe
you have to, have to make sure you do the Haunted Mansion Holiday (especially if you like Nightmare Before Christmas)

Aww thank you so much! Those pictures are absolutely ADORABLE! Wow, I bet that was such an incredible wedding. How lucky!

Thank you for the recommendations! I will keep them in mind!

I'm on board better late than never.:cool1:

Welcome, welcome!

Hi there Jess! I'm getting caught up after coming back from my absolute favorite place to stay in WDW - BLT!!! I went down the swirly slide a few times as well - it was a ton of fun!

Oh, and I saw Kristen there - twice!!! I want to meet all the frumps someday! :thumbsup2

You did a great job pacing yourself at 'Ohana since you were able to enjoy some of the bread pudding! I can proudly say that after this last trip I am now one of those people who can brag that I have eaten at 'Ohana and LOVED IT!!! They do such a great job. I love what your mom posted on Twitter.

I absolutely love the joyful abandon that you had at MK on NY eve! I'm sure you put a smile on a few people's faces when they saw how much you were loving life at that moment.

I wish you all the best this week with auditions and moving into your dorm. :goodvibes

How wonderful! I hope you had a magical trip!

That's awesome that you ran into Kristen!

Haha I tried my best! I really wish I could have eaten more. It was SO GOOD. I'm glad you enjoyed it too!

Haha it was a great time! I hope I did.

Thank you so much! It has been a long week but I'm so glad to be back!

Ahhhh Ohana foood :goodvibes
I read this in the office and showed all the girls I work with and we got so hungry we were forced to take an early lunch!! YUM!

Awhhhh your mum is too precious. That is so sweet what she said!

What a great night running hyperactively around the Magic Kingdom, I love it!
I can't imagine a better way to ring in the new year!:thumbsup2

Good luck in all the auditions and everything else happening this week.
Hope it hasn't been too crazy for you!

Ohana food is my favorite food!

She is such an angel!

It was a great time! I really loved it.

Thank you so much! Oh it has been, but I have survived. Cast list goes up Monday so we will see what happens.

Ooh there is a hibachi place that I love near me called Hibachi X and they serve that sort of creamy sauce that is on the right in this pic. It is tdf, so delicious. Anytime we eat there, I leave so overfull because I just want to keep dipping more and more food into that sauce! The first time we ate there, the chef did the onion volcano and I was like "OMG it's like we are in Disney!" lol

Oh yum, I bet it's delicious! Haha gotta love it.

Pre-Trip Report #2: Summer Recap and Disneyland Plans!
July 24th, 2012

Alright everyone, I realized that it has been FAR too long since I have done a Real Life update or Disneyland pre-trip report update... so that is going to happen right now!

Continued in Next Post

I am trying to just read along and not comment a lot because otherwise you would have like 50 comments from me, but this post had too much cuteness. First of all, I just pinned your binder idea so I remember to make one myself, because it's such a great idea..and so simple and much cuter to make it personalized than to get one of the (kind of boring) disney issued pin trader binders. Also the count down is a great idea! I might copy that one for next year, this past trip I made a giant calendar on poster board for my daughter (I'm only slightly embarrassed to say that our trip was in May and the calendar is still hanging up on her door haha), but it would be nice to have something that is reusable and laminated!

And your mom is the cutest thing ever with her disney food! Seriously so adorable. I feel like I had one more thing to say, but I can't remember now.

LOL! I was scrolling saw Hibachi X, said hey there's one near me too and looked where you are from, hello neighbor!! We are in Rotterdam! Too funny! :rotfl: I've never been to X but we go to Koto occasionally and love Mr. wasabi in Schdy!
Sorry for the hijack ;)

I am trying to just read along and not comment a lot because otherwise you would have like 50 comments from me, but this post had too much cuteness. First of all, I just pinned your binder idea so I remember to make one myself, because it's such a great idea..and so simple and much cuter to make it personalized than to get one of the (kind of boring) disney issued pin trader binders. Also the count down is a great idea! I might copy that one for next year, this past trip I made a giant calendar on poster board for my daughter (I'm only slightly embarrassed to say that our trip was in May and the calendar is still hanging up on her door haha), but it would be nice to have something that is reusable and laminated!

And your mom is the cutest thing ever with her disney food! Seriously so adorable. I feel like I had one more thing to say, but I can't remember now.

Hahaha well I am glad that you are enjoying reading! Aww thanks for pinning me! That's awesome. :goodvibes I hope you have fun making yours! It is really fun to make a personalized one! And yes, the countdown is my FAVORITE thing! I have it hanging in my dorm right now and I plan to use it for my future trips! It's awesome!

Haha she's precious! I love my Mom.

OH, I remember. The Pascale plate! That is just over the moon adorable!

Haha thank you! I absolutely love it!

LOL! I was scrolling saw Hibachi X, said hey there's one near me too and looked where you are from, hello neighbor!! We are in Rotterdam! Too funny! :rotfl: I've never been to X but we go to Koto occasionally and love Mr. wasabi in Schdy!
Sorry for the hijack ;)

Haha no problem! I love those "it's a small world" moments! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter