YOUR top 7 walt disney world "must-dos"

rustyanchor

Mouseketeer
so i have started listening to the disney hipster podcast, which i love, and in one episode they discussed what they would pick as their top WDW "must-dos" à la stacey j. i think they picked 5, but excluding the water parks/downtown disney, there are currently 7 in the disney resorts video: splash mountain, it's a small world, under the sea, storybook circus/dumbo, expedition everest, soarin', and star tours. this made me start thinking about what i would pick as my "must-do" 7 attractions too if i were telling someone who's never been to WDW before. i decided to exclude the ones that stacey j. does.

7. monsters inc laugh floor - the reason i picked this is because it took me the longest time to even go in this attraction, mostly because i didn't know what it was. i think my boyfriend & i finally went in while we were killing time waiting on our space mountain fastpass window or something. we met this elderly couple in line who had been married forever and were telling us how they have been coming to disney world every year for ages and this is one of their favorite current attractions. then during our showing, the man got picked as "that guy"! it was so cute & funny. we got to talk to them again afterwards and they said he has been chosen a few times. i don't know, something about that first visit just made it special for us. i think it is often overlooked and it's really GREAT both for the technology that it utilizes and the humor, plus the fact that it changes every time you go.

6. flights of wonder - one of my favorites at animal kingdom. i think what most impresses me about flights of wonder is that i have seen similar "birds of prey" shows at zoos many times before, but disney somehow manages to make this much better. maybe it's the cheesy jokes & guano joe who i still laugh at every time, maybe it's the beautiful theming of the caravan stage area, maybe it's just the fact that i'm at disney world... but i don't know. i just love this show.

5. spaceship earth - what can i say about this ride... i find it so relaxing. i know a lot of people don't like the dame judi dench narration but i like listening to her voice. i also love the "design your future" part at the end.

4. toy story midway mania - so this is definitely an obvious choice, but i have to admit that it took me awhile to ride this because of the RIDICULOUS LINES & the fact that the fastpasses are often gone by, like, noon. hollywood studios is not a park that we have always done a full day at, so we would get there in the afternoon and NOT want to stand in a 60 min+ line for this ride. we didn't see what the big deal could be. one day when we went, the posted wait time was 45 minutes, so we both said, what the heck, let's finally ride this. well from the moment we entered the queue i was in love!! the theming is so perfect. i think we actually ended up only having to wait for like 20 minutes, and we had sooo much fun on the ride! i absolutely adore this ride and think its popularity is well-deserved (unlike its MK counterpart, the abysmal/boring buzz lightyear's space ranger spin). now i either get to DHS early or... i bite the bullet and wait in line. because we have to ride this every time.

3. fantasmic! - not a ride, but i think this still counts as an attraction?? right? i'm such a fan of fantasmic, from the corny hosts and pre-show to the amazing finale. it's perfection in my eyes. :lovestruc

2. haunted mansion - of course this is a "duh" must-do, but i wanted to add that i think the new queue is also a must-do. i see people skip it all the time thinking they will have a shorter wait, and i think, "oh, you poor schmucks." i love the new queue! and the new(ish) ending with the hitchhiking ghosts switching your heads & whatnot! to me this ride and splash mountain (which i didn't include since it was in the original must-dos) exemplify disney at its best.

1. pirates of the caribbean - so this is not the most exciting ride, or the shiniest, or the most fun, or whatever. and i'm sure that most people ride this anyway so it's kind of pointless to put it on a "must-do" list. but i think this will always be the ultimate disney ride and the #1 "must-do" for me. i love absolutely everything about this ride! i can't describe the happy feeling that it gives me as soon as i walk into the dark, dank queue and begin smelling that musty pirates water smell. then the ride itself is paced perfectly. I LOVE THIS RIDE!

so what are your top 7??

Top Seven WDW Must-Sees.

Hosted by:

Woo.jpg

;)

We love Epcot more than the other parks - so this will be heavy on stuff there.

1. Spaceship Earth - Epcot
2. Drink and eat around World Showcase - Epcot
3. Ride Soarin - Epcot
4. Haunted Mansion - Magic Kingdom
5. Pirates of the Caribbean - Magic Kingdom
6. Shopping at Mouse Gear - Epcot
7. Safari Trek (forget the actual name) - Animal Kingdom

so i have started listening to the disney hipster podcast, which i love, and in one episode they discussed what they would pick as their top WDW "must-dos" à la stacey j. i think they picked 5, but excluding the water parks/downtown disney, there are currently 7 in the disney resorts video: splash mountain, it's a small world, under the sea, storybook circus/dumbo, expedition everest, soarin', and star tours. this made me start thinking about what i would pick as my "must-do" 7 attractions too if i were telling someone who's never been to WDW before. i decided to exclude the ones that stacey j. does.

7. monsters inc laugh floor - the reason i picked this is because it took me the longest time to even go in this attraction, mostly because i didn't know what it was. i think my boyfriend & i finally went in while we were killing time waiting on our space mountain fastpass window or something. we met this elderly couple in line who had been married forever and were telling us how they have been coming to disney world every year for ages and this is one of their favorite current attractions. then during our showing, the man got picked as "that guy"! it was so cute & funny. we got to talk to them again afterwards and they said he has been chosen a few times. i don't know, something about that first visit just made it special for us. i think it is often overlooked and it's really GREAT both for the technology that it utilizes and the humor, plus the fact that it changes every time you go.

6. flights of wonder - one of my favorites at animal kingdom. i think what most impresses me about flights of wonder is that i have seen similar "birds of prey" shows at zoos many times before, but disney somehow manages to make this much better. maybe it's the cheesy jokes & guano joe who i still laugh at every time, maybe it's the beautiful theming of the caravan stage area, maybe it's just the fact that i'm at disney world... but i don't know. i just love this show.

5. spaceship earth - what can i say about this ride... i find it so relaxing. i know a lot of people don't like the dame judi dench narration but i like listening to her voice. i also love the "design your future" part at the end.

4. toy story midway mania - so this is definitely an obvious choice, but i have to admit that it took me awhile to ride this because of the RIDICULOUS LINES & the fact that the fastpasses are often gone by, like, noon. hollywood studios is not a park that we have always done a full day at, so we would get there in the afternoon and NOT want to stand in a 60 min+ line for this ride. we didn't see what the big deal could be. one day when we went, the posted wait time was 45 minutes, so we both said, what the heck, let's finally ride this. well from the moment we entered the queue i was in love!! the theming is so perfect. i think we actually ended up only having to wait for like 20 minutes, and we had sooo much fun on the ride! i absolutely adore this ride and think its popularity is well-deserved (unlike its MK counterpart, the abysmal/boring buzz lightyear's space ranger spin). now i either get to DHS early or... i bite the bullet and wait in line. because we have to ride this every time.

3. fantasmic! - not a ride, but i think this still counts as an attraction?? right? i'm such a fan of fantasmic, from the corny hosts and pre-show to the amazing finale. it's perfection in my eyes. :lovestruc

2. haunted mansion - of course this is a "duh" must-do, but i wanted to add that i think the new queue is also a must-do. i see people skip it all the time thinking they will have a shorter wait, and i think, "oh, you poor schmucks." i love the new queue! and the new(ish) ending with the hitchhiking ghosts switching your heads & whatnot! to me this ride and splash mountain (which i didn't include since it was in the original must-dos) exemplify disney at its best.

1. pirates of the caribbean - so this is not the most exciting ride, or the shiniest, or the most fun, or whatever. and i'm sure that most people ride this anyway so it's kind of pointless to put it on a "must-do" list. but i think this will always be the ultimate disney ride and the #1 "must-do" for me. i love absolutely everything about this ride! i can't describe the happy feeling that it gives me as soon as i walk into the dark, dank queue and begin smelling that musty pirates water smell. then the ride itself is paced perfectly. I LOVE THIS RIDE!

so what are your top 7??
My top 10 (really 11):
1- Expedition Everest
2- Soarin'
3- Big Thunder Mountain
4- Toy Story Mania/Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
5- Kali River Rapids (only in warm weather)
6- Test Track
7- Star Tours
8- Space Mountain
9- Splash Mountain (in warmer weather)
10- Safari

I also like the 3D shows (though my kids have always hated them) and the World Showcase (for food/drinks and the boat rides and films), but don't like shopping, parades or other shows so much (such as Beauty and the Beast). Like to see the fireworks, but can't get family to hang around and watch them, so we see snips of them on the run. I like the classic rides just because they are classics (but they are kind of dumb, so no waiting in long lines for those). I have yet to do RR or ToT or Mission Space...too chicken. I like the water parks too.

Tinkerboy00 said:
We love Epcot more than the other parks - so this will be heavy on stuff there.

1. Spaceship Earth - Epcot
2. Drink and eat around World Showcase - Epcot
3. Ride Soarin - Epcot
4. Haunted Mansion - Magic Kingdom
5. Pirates of the Caribbean - Magic Kingdom
6. Shopping at Mouse Gear - Epcot
7. Safari Trek (forget the actual name) - Animal Kingdom

safari trek= wild africa trek? i have never done this, it's definitely on my bucket list!! great list.

7- Kali River
6- Soarin
5- Rock and Roller Coaster
4- La Cava
3- Crush n Gusher
2- Splash Mountain
1- Illuminations (could never go to WDW without seeing it at least once)

7. Country Bears.
6. ToT
5. Splash Mountain
4. Haunted Mansion
3. Pirates of the Caribbean
2. Tiki Room
1. The Dessert Party

Katie

7. Animation Academy

6. Splash Mountain

5. Soarin

4. Philharmagic

3. Fantasmic

2. Tower of Terror

1. Wishes

only three rides....

1. Space Mountain
2. Thunder Mountain
3. Expedition Everest
4. Peter Pan's Flight
5. Images de France
6. Spaceship Earth
7. Tomorrowland Transit Authority

In no particular order:

1. Kilimanjaro Safari
2. Festival of the Lion King
3. Soarin
4. Toy Story Mania
5. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
6. Haunted Mansion
7. Pirates of the Caribbean

My must do's:

7. Kali River

6. Peter Pan

5. Toy Story

4. Tower of Terror

3. Splash Mountain

2. Big Thunder

1. Wishes :wizard:

7. Splash Mountain

6. Space Mountain

5. Tower of Terror

4. Pirates of the Caribbean

3. It's A Small World

2. Tiki Room

1. Wishes

7. Mickey Waffles
6. Expedition Everest
5. Spaceship Earth
4. Space Mountain
3. Peter Pan
2. Watching the Evening Light Show from the Poly Beach
1. Walking through Cinderella's Castle, the mosaic tile story is the greatest!

1. Jungle Cruise
2. BTMRR
3. Ex Everest
4. CoP
5. Maelstrom
6. Splash Mountain
7. Dinner at LTT

7. Fantasmic
6. Haunted Mansion
5. Test Track
4. Philharmagic
3. Jungle Cruise
2. Star Tours
1. BTMRR

7. MSEP
6. Spaceship Earth
5. Muppets
4. Peter Pan's Flight
3. Big Thunder Mountain
2. Star Tours
1. The Haunted Mansion

This is just attractions really. If I include food, I'd have to work Boma and Kringla and CHH in somewhere.

It's always so hard to narrow it down!

In no particular order...
7. Festival of the Lion King
6. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
5. Toy Story Mania
4.Rock-n-Roller Coaster
3.Kilimanjaro Safaris
2. Soarin'
1. Peter Pan

Soarin
Rock n Roller Coaster
Mickey's Philharmagic
Kilimanjaro Safari
Expedition Everest
Splash Mountain
Test Track

7. Test Track (was closed only time I was there) - Epcot
6. Monsters Inc Laugh Floor - Magic Kingdom
5. Teamboat Springs - Blizzard Beach
4. Downhill Double Dippers - Blizzard Beach
3. Crushin' Gusher - Typhoon Lagoon
2. Living With The Land - Epcot
1. Kilamanjaro Safari - Animal Kingdom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter