Your top 5 restaurants: bang for the buck

KBecks

Planning a return to Florida, Oct 2019
OK, I am interested in your opinions and recommendations for our next trip to Disney -- woo woo! We are going in December 2012.

This is a "budget" trip, but we like to eat and we hope to enjoy some nice meals. We're staying off site at the Sheraton Vistana condos and so will probably eat all breakfasts at "home", do some quick service stuff and then plan a few (or several) nicer lunches and dinners.

DH and I like to eat all kinds of foods. I am not interested in character dining, the meals are more for "us" and the kids will just get to hang out with us.

Anyhoo, we can go anywhere in Disney and plan to visit all the parks and we can also run around Orlando!

Last time we really enjoyed Boma the most. We were starving when we were seated for our ADR. I also liked Marrakesh.

This time I am eyeing up a couple places -- Yak and Yeti, Sanaa or Boma again, I read a very positive review of Rose and Crown...

I'm looking for a really lovely experience, nice atmosphere, great food.

So please share your great ideas! We will be with our three kids, 8, 6 and 4 and need kid-friendly places. We also can't afford over the top expensive meals but maybe could do a single splurge... but only if it's going to be really nice.

Thank you so much!

What are your 5 best value or most bang for the buck in terms of GREAT experiences places? Thank you!

I'm a big fan of O'Hana. It's all you can eat, and I like to time it to where I can go down to the beach after and watch the fireworks over the lake.

I also really like Chef's De France. It's always our first night meal.

I would also have to say I enjoy 50's Prime Time. Prices are pretty good and it's a great time.

Honorable mentions for the breakfast at Akershus. It's a character meal but it's really really really good, and all you can eat. The dinner at Akershus, not so much.

What do I need, one more...... ummmmmm Cape May Cafe.

Hmmmmm...I have to say the two don't really go together at WDW. Best value and Great experience seem to be mutually exclusive at WDW.

For nice budget places:

Sunshine Season's Food Fair at Future World.
Tangierine Cafe in Morocco
Columbia Harbor House in MK
Tusker House for lunch in AK...

For great experience? (Pricey)
YSH
Jiko
our favorite buffet is Cape May Dinner Buffet (something for everyone).

Hmmm...quality bang for your buck...These are my faves:

1. Cape May Cafe (breakfast is AMAZING but dinner is also very good)
2. Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch and dinner are both good, diff. menus)
3. Ohana dinner (if you can get a ressie!)
4. Whispering Canyon Cafe
5. Teppan Edo

Great suggestions, I love to hear what people have to say. We did go to Sunshine Seasons at Epcot last trip and liked it for a nice lunch and all the different selections. Unfortunately at that meal my DS1 had a big food spill (this happened 2x on the trip)... which upset my DH. He had spilled also at a Boardwalk bakery and they were so nice and gave us another food item. But I liked Sunshine Seasons for fast/easy/convenient. :thumbsup2

I am not big into buffets (I don't eat that much) but they are really good for getting the kids fed quickly. Maybe I will have to think about whether to include a buffet in the plans...

Liberty Tree MK
Flame Tree AK quick service but good food and variety nice setting
50's Diner Studios
Morocco TS or QS both great

The Plaza Restaurant in MK is wonderful. Very basic food, but good portion sizes, and the chicken and strawberry salad is wonderful. The cost per person would probably be around $12-15, and it's a small, quiet place to chill out for a while.
Also, at Fort Wilderness, there's the Trails End Buffet, which is a great dinner spot. About $25 for adults and $14 for kids, and they have a soup and salad bar, and tons of bbq food. It's by far the cheapest buffet on property, and it has food for even the most picky eaters,
Liberty Tree Tavern is yummy, especially if you have fans of New England Clam Chowder. The fish is so-so, but it's got a lot of seating available.
50's Prime Time and Sci-Fi Drive-In are about 20 bucks per plate and have a good selection for picky and adventurous eaters.
My favorite quick service is the Yorkshire Fish House. Their fish and chips is wonderful and it's always hot and fresh.
Enjoy your trip and happy dining!!!:cool1:

We are trying to go on a budget as well. Here are some of the things we are looking at:

MK - Sleepy Hollow Waffle Sandwiches, Columbia Harbour House, Main Street Bakery
EP - Sunshine Seasons, Tangeriene Cafe
AK - Flame Tree BBQ
HS - Writer's Stop
DTD - Earl of Sandwich

For sit downs:
MK - Breakfast at Crystal Palace - I know it is a buffet, but the food and character interaction is good for kids
EP - Via Napoli - it's pizza and you can share
AK - Tusker House Breakfast for the same reasons as the Cyrstal Palace
DTD - T-Rex Restauarant - burgers are good, the place is a kid's dream, unless they hate dinosaurs
HS - we don't eat there, but Beaches & Cream at the nearby Beach Club has pretty good prices.

Ooo hard one but my other half too is all about the bang for the buck and our top picks are:

Cape May Cafe - dinner buffet, no characters a lot of scrummy seafood as well as some great meats, fresh salads and scrummy desserts

Tangierine Cafe - Morocco, Epcot - great big portions at counter service prices

Trails End Cafe - Fort Wilderness, I hate recommending this place because I feel like it's one of those best kept secret so as not to spoil it LOL

'Ohanas - Lots to eat family style and you can order more of your favourites

Liberty Tree Tavern - for dinner family style....as much as you can eat... scrum

Our list includes:
Ohana
50's Prime Time Cafe
Liberty Tree Tavern
Garden Grill
Beaches and Cream
Big River Brewing Company (at the BW)

"budget" list

Fairfax Fare @ Hollywood Studios

Nine Dragons @ Epcot, China, World Showcase

Plaza Restaurant @ Magic Kingdom, Main Street

Olivia's @ Old Key West Resort

T-Rex @ Downtown DISNEY

Everyone loves Liberty Tree - and I have never tried it! Think I may have to do that next trip... :scratchin

We liked:

Boma
Flame Tree BBQ
Pecos Bill's

OOOOOOH! I forgot about Olivia's! Love it, great breakfast.

Cape May clambake was AWESOME. (If you like seafood).

Teppan Edo was great and quite a lot of food. I left FULL

SOme of the buffets I think are better than others it seems, I have only been to the Clam bake at Cape May but have always wanted to try OHana (not a buffet per se), and Chef Mickeys for breakfast.

Tangeriene Cafe is great for QS with lots of food on a plate. Now that is IF you like that type of food. I liked it very much the first time I went, but when I went back on another trip, it just didn't do it for me again.

Yorkshire Fish Shop-went there TWICE or maybe 3 times during my last trip. Not a big portion but was filling enough and I crave that fish :goodvibes

Sunshine Seasons-great variety, think I had breakfast here and lunch as well. Better than your average QS.

Kringla Cafe-I don't see this one mentioned much for anything other than their schoolbread but their sandwiches are so yummy! My favorite is the NOrweigan club. They also had a minestrone type soup back in Dec. a couple years ago that was so good, tasted like pizza soup. lol

Columbia Harbor House-great fried shrimp & or fish platters. Lots of fries and coleslaw. It was a super value to me with a good location.

Why was your husband mad at your son for spilling a drink? Wasn't it an accident?

Liberty Tree Tavern - This one is a must for everyone in our group!
Via Napoli - Great for sharing, fantastic pizzas and pastas
Ragland Road @ DTD
Flame Tree Barbecue AK - QS meal but fantastic!!
Sci Fi Cafe @ HS- this is always a hit for atmosphere with the nieces, not the most diverse menu/wow food though.. but the burgers and milkshakes are great!

My favorites in order are:

Kona Cafe- best food & service. Best over all.

50's Prime Time Cafe- You do not leave hungry! Great selection, good food and fun atmosphere.

Teppan Edo- Great food, fun atmosphere and very entertaining.

Ohana- All you can eat, food is good, service is good, view can be excellent if you are lucky, fun for all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter