• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your TIPS and MUST-DOs for 2 brothers in their 20s

manny1

Earning My Ears
I've been on a number of family trips to wdw growing up. Since then I went a couple times with my mom. Last year I took a trip with my brother to DL and visited other SoCal tourist spots. It was a really fun trip! It was the first time I've been to DL since I was very young and the first time my brother had been to a Disney park in about 8 years. We both really enjoyed it.

Now we're headed down to the world in a couple weeks! :cool1: He's not into planning at all, so I'm basically in charge of that aspect. I thoroughly enjoy planning vacations, but I only want to know the things I want to do and not actually plan ahead of time when exactly we're going to do them. I can't see ever making an ADR for example.

I'm familiar with the parks and my brother will recognize a lot of it from earlier trips. We're going to stay off site and have 4-5 days at Disney, a day at a water park (probably Blizzard Beach), and 2-3 days at Universal.

So... what are the things we may have missed on past trips that we should make sure we try/see/ride/eat this time? Are there things you'd recommend for brothers in their young 20's? It's likely going to be crowded when we're there and my brother's not usually thrilled to be in long lines or big crowds. Any tips for taking breaks from the mass of people (preferably within the parks)?

I know we're going to have a great time, but I'm hoping you guys can let me in on some of your secrets for making the trip extra memorable!

My BF and I are doing JellyRolls on the boardwalk during our trip next month! If you're both over 21 and like the dueling piano bars, maybe you could checking out?

beer/drinks/eat around the "World" in Epcot World Showcase? Always fun!! :cool1:

So, new in the last 9 years and for grown-ups....

Expedition Everest for sure.

Soarin' ?

Aerosmith Rockin' Roller Coaster has been there longer than that but is a must!

Buzz Lightyear an older one also, but a fun shooter game. :)

Toy Story Mania

Sum of all Thrills in Epcot. Not sure how long that's been there.

Mission: SPACE you would probably like

It's past my bedtime so I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Soarin' ?

Toy Story Mania

For sure these. And if you like history type info, all the movies in the World Showcase (Canada, France, China). The show in United States in World Showcase. Also Hall of Presidents in Magic Kingdom (if you like that type of history).

You may be too young to really enjoy the Great Movie Ride at HS, but if you're into movies you may really like it.

Keep an open mind and try things you may not think you would like, they may turn out to be your favorites.:)

My BF and I are doing JellyRolls on the boardwalk during our trip next month! If you're both over 21 and like the dueling piano bars, maybe you could checking out?

Only one over 21, but JellyRolls looks like it could be a fun place in the future!

beer/drinks/eat around the "World" in Epcot World Showcase? Always fun!! :cool1:

There was only one trip where I really took time going around the world showcase area. It's probably worth another look. I remember a couple places there I really liked. Thanks for the tip!

Soarin' ?

Toy Story Mania

Nice suggestions! I looked up Sum of all Thrills and that looks awesome! We always skipped Innoventions because it sounded like some weird version of CES where companies had booths set up. We'll have to go in there this time.

For sure these. And if you like history type info, all the movies in the World Showcase (Canada, France, China). The show in United States in World Showcase. Also Hall of Presidents in Magic Kingdom (if you like that type of history).

You may be too young to really enjoy the Great Movie Ride at HS, but if you're into movies you may really like it.

Keep an open mind and try things you may not think you would like, they may turn out to be your favorites.:)

When I went to Hall of Presidents I was blown away! I didn't expect the AA's to be that good and wasn't expecting much movement at all. I'll have to get us to some of those World Showcase movies.

I've only been on the Great Movie Ride twice. I'm not sure why I was never on it when I was younger, but the first time I went on I thought it was cool. The second time was a bit of a let down though. Some of the acting scenes were skipped, most of the acting was much worse than the first time, and the microphone on the car was really quiet. Maybe I'll give it another try.

Another one I want to do again is Ellen's energy adventure. Ellen cracks me up. Hopefully my brother doesn't mind that long ride!

Ni.

Another one I want to do again is Ellen's energy adventure. Ellen cracks me up. Hopefully my brother doesn't mind that long ride!

Dh and I really enjoy Ellen's energy adventure (love Ellen), we enjoy it even more now because we did an Epcot tour years ago where we were actually up in the scenery/dinosaurs while the ride was going through...that was awesome. Now, when we go on the ride we're thinking of when we were up in the 'scenery' looking at the people riding through and it really makes the experience even more awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter