• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your thoughts/opinions on Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Rail (MMRR)

Did you love Mickey and Minnies Runaway Rail?

• Loved it, it’s going to be a must every trip!

Votes: 56 47.5%
  • It was good, but don’t need to go on it on every trip.

Votes: 52 44.1%
  • Did not like it, or made me nauseous due to the screens

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters

vinotinto

Just Keep Swimming
Just saw a review about MMRR and they did not love it. Said there was an over-reliance on screens. Curious to find out what DISers think of it.

From the multitude of POV ride-through videos i've watched...
I already miss the Great Movie Ride.
I’m sure my kids will love it but based on what I’ve seen I think it will just be an ok ride. I do like the trackless system but with ROTR having that and I believe the new Ratatouille ride getting that as well i think the novelty wears out just a bit and doesn’t make it as special. I also don’t like the animation style at all.

I’m sure my kids will love it but based on what I’ve seen I think it will just be an ok ride. I do like the trackless system but with ROTR having that and I believe the new Ratatouille ride getting that as well i think the novelty wears out just a bit and doesn’t make it as special. I also don’t like the animation style at all.
I’ll preface my thoughts that I too hate the animation style. I really hate all the shorts running
That said, I enjoyed the ride a lot and found the animation style did not bug me
i would like to ride each trip because there is so much to see. I am not sure that I want to skip SDD each trip and we don’t do stand by lines like ever. One rope drop. So not sure what future trips will hold

From what I watched on YouTube I thought it looked amazing. Will be in person next week so maybe that changes. For me (and us) looking much more forward to this than ROTR as in our view Disney Star Wars is horrible. But to each their own.

Ive been thinking about the attraction. I've ridden it 3 times, 2 during media preview and one with fp, so very minimal wait
The attraction has a lot of details, that you will need a couple of rides to find, also depending on which car you are on, it will give you different details. The colors and design are amazing and the ride system is very neat
Also it has a ton of hidden Mickey's and nods to Mickey, walt and other details so if you like to find Easter eggs this is a great attraction
Now, I was excited this ride would open because it would be the second ride at dhs to have no height requirement so you can bring ther little ones, the problem i see is that they have crammed it with so much it's really hard to follow the story, especially for kids probably below 6, i mean they'll love the characters but will probably not understand what's happening. It's all a little too chaotic and fast for me ,)I know it's a runaway train) maybe if we had a couple of more seconds in each room it would help.
Overall i give it a7 out of 10
P.S. the song is guaranteed to get stuck in your head

Last edited:

All I've read is to not bother watching videos because they don't do the ride any justice.

And all reviews I've read is that people have really, really liked it!

Ive been thinking about the attraction. I've ridden it 3 times, 2 during media preview and one with fp, so very minimal wait
The attraction has a lot of details, that you will need a couple of rides to find, also depending on which car you are on, it will give you different details. The colors and design are amazing and the ride system is very neat
Also it has a ton of hidden Mickey's and nods to Mickey, walt and other details so if you like to find Easter eggs this is a great attraction
Now, I was excited this ride would open because it would be the second ride at dhs to have no height requirement so you can bring ther little ones, the problem i see is that they have crammed it with so much it's really hard to follow the story, especially for kids probably below 6, i mean they'll love the characters but will probably not understand what's happening. It's all a little too chaotic and fast for me ,)I know it's a runaway train) maybe if we had a couple of more seconds in each room it would help.
Overall i give it a7 out of 10
P.S. the song is guaranteed to get stuck in your head
Oh no! Not another "It's a Small World" !!! :oops:

Kinda hard to review it since I only seen it on YouTube. Not the same as real life. Only what expect in certain things like going backwards on Expedition Everest, not the loop.

I didn't have high hopes and we were going to skip it. Decided at the last minute to wait the 110 minutes in line. We both agreed that it was worth the wait and loved it. While I wouldn't wait that long to ride it again, I would be willing to wait a good amount of time to ride it a couple of more times. I think the novelty will eventually wear off and it will be one of those rides we ride as long as the line isn't crazy long or if we have a FP.

Rode it today as my last attraction before heading to the airport. It broke down while I was in the queue but I waited it out and was able to get on.

I thought it was adorable and fun and a great ride for families.

I absolutely loved it (and I loved the Great Movie Ride and was very bitter). It was just so much fun, they had me at the preshow really.

Big disappointment for me. No discernible story line beyond the basic framework; just a bunch of disconnected scenes. I think my seat position contributed to my dissatisfaction, but I can't really explain that further without getting into spoilers.

IMO, the trackless movement was not well utilized -- with the exception of one brief sequence, which I did enjoy. The cars did not seem to be positioned well to view the action. Hard to believe this was from the same team that created ROTR, which is a hit out of the park.

There were a couple of interesting gimmicks, but overall, not my cup of tea.

And I also have to disagree on the song. They tried to emulate the Sherman Bros., and failed. Believe it or not, I can't even remember the melody right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter