Your thoughts on "The Wave"

I went there last year during free dinning, not knowing what to expect, but the food was absolutely delicious, the atmosphere was great. I was really surprised because when I got there, there was no one in the restaurant, although they were "filled up" in the system. Our waitress told us that people book this restaurant as a "just in case" to Chef Mickey's. Personally I think this restaurant is more suited towards adults, but kids are welcome. I actually have another reservation for this august :woohoo:

We ate breakfast there and it wasn't great. I felt like I was in the basement of the Contemporary. We did have an awesome server, made it more enjoyable.

Hubby and I ate there in January on the DDP.I had the cinnamon pork and he had the chicken pot pie. Both were awful. The pork looked like 2 pieces of poop on a plate with some kind of brown sauce on it.The "pot pie"was more like chicken stew with a large cracker on top.The portions were really tiny too.Also, our server tried to talk us into ordering more expensive dishes in order to get a larger tip. He also reminded us several times that the tip isn't included on the DDP. I would have complained to a manager about both the food and service but as a CM I let it go.We also both felt sick after eating here and later referred to the the place as "The Wave of Nausea".:sick:This is one place that I won't be back!!:sad2:

We've enjoyed the Wave so much that it's now our official '1st meal of the trip' place. I love the sustainable fish and the chili- I just love the menu!

We loved both our dinners at The Wave last trip! The milkshakes are awesome, and the bread and sea salt butter is melt-in-your-mouth good. I ordered the filet both meals and it was definitely better than the filet at Le Cellier in my opinion. And the desserts, all of them, look and taste great!

I've been to the Wave twice in the last 15 months. The food was quite good (for a 1 TS credit place) and the service was decent (it was a little slow for us on our last trip, but not for the table next to us; they sat down at the same time we did, had a different server and were done with dinner and left the restaurant before we had received our entreees). It is not a "must do" on every trip for me, but definitely a place I will go to again in the future.

We loved both our dinners at The Wave last trip! The milkshakes are awesome, and the bread and sea salt butter is melt-in-your-mouth good. I ordered the filet both meals and it was definitely better than the filet at Le Cellier in my opinion. And the desserts, all of them, look and taste great!

We also prefer the filet at The Wave to Le Cellier's.:thumbsup2

We went there last May. It was amazing when we went in May. When we went this Janauray, it was just okay. We tried breakfast there in January, too, and it was really good.

I woulde go again. Overall, I think it's a good place to try.

Hubby and I ate there in January on the DDP.I had the cinnamon pork and he had the chicken pot pie. Both were awful. The pork looked like 2 pieces of poop on a plate with some kind of brown sauce on it.The "pot pie"was more like chicken stew with a large cracker on top.The portions were really tiny too.Also, our server tried to talk us into ordering more expensive dishes in order to get a larger tip. He also reminded us several times that the tip isn't included on the DDP. I would have complained to a manager about both the food and service but as a CM I let it go.We also both felt sick after eating here and later referred to the the place as "The Wave of Nausea".:sick:This is one place that I won't be back!!:sad2:

My husband had the pork as well in January. He also had it the May prior, and it was great. This January, not so great. I am hoping it was just an off night because we really like it there.

We've eaten here a few times for dinner and once for breakfast - both times were excellent. Breakfast portions are HUGE, just FYI. For dinner I had the linguini w/ shrimp and clams, which was great. They also have an excellent black bean-type soup that I have to have every time.:goodvibes

We were there last week on 5/23 - it was a last minute ADR (I called dining reservations around 3pm) and got a table at 5:30p. It was one of my favorite meals the entire trip, and the most "gourmet" meals of the ADRs I had (I had ADRs at Cape May, Crystal Palace, Boma, and Ohana). I had the beef tenderloin and it was the best beef I've ever had, so juicy and tender. DH had the pork tenderloin and enjoyed it too but liked mine better. DD5 had something off the kids menu and was perfectly happy with it which was good since she can be picky. The service was prompt and I appreciated our waiter bringing us backup drinks in advance since he was going to be serving a 12-top next to us. I would definitely recommend this place. I didn't walk out as full as my other ADRs (which were AYCE) but there's something to be said for having a delicious meal and not feeling painfully stuffed afterward. ;)

OP - thank you for starting this thread! Am planning a trip in September and have included ADR for The Wave. Menu looks delicious and was looking for some recent feed back. Sound like most people really enjoyed their meals. Can't wait to try it! The pics look great!

We ate there last year on a last minute ADR and it was WONDERFUL!!!

It wasn't very crowded, and our server was very good. All of the food was delicious. I had the pot pie or whatever it is called. VERY GOOD!!!

We will definately be going back!

We'll be booking lunch adr's there shortly.

I believe Uncleromulus ate there during his last stay, for breakfast. Don't know of other meals. Might want to keep an eye out on the Review board, to see if he posts something.

We've only done breakfast but it was the best breakfast I've had at WDW. It was so fresh and light rather than being loaded up on heavy food first thing in the morning. Definitely on our list for next time.

Also, I read a comment about very slow service at "The Wave"... can anyone confirm/refute this with their own experience?

They must have had our server. Slowest service of our 2009 trip. To tell you the truth it kind of coloured our experience at The Wave. She seemed totally indifferent.

DW and I ate there for the first time in last month. I had the pork, she had the beef tenderloin. Her's was very good while mine was over done and not great. My appetizer though was awesome! I had a pear and midnight moon cheese salad and our desserts were great too. We had the decadent flavors--Blueberry Compote with Yogurt Gelato, Lemon Cornbread with Vanilla Panna Cotta, Chocolate Mousse with Salted Caramel Sauce and the no sugar added Chocolate-Mint Mousse, Fresh Berries with Panna Cotta, Vanilla Bean Créme Brulée. If I figure out how to post pictures i will. I would definitely try it again, I just won't have the pork :-(

We were there in February. The restaurant is nice and the food delicious. I had the pasta with seafood and my husband had steak. Both dishes were great. The service was very slow and DD4 can't sit that long. luckily we were staying at the BLT so realizing we were going to be there a while, I popped up back to the room and got our portable dvd player and salvaged the dinner. I recommend for the food and atmosphere. With kids, it can be a long meal with nothing particularly entertaining for them.

Correct.
We loved the Wave but it is really not geared to children. I wouldn't bring a child younger than 7 or 8.

Good food, attentive but leisurely service. We liked the atmosphere, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter