Your thoughts about xmas tv

princess jackson

DIS Veteran
I must say i am a little disapointed on the programmes over xmas.

Not really a soap fan. And that seems to me to be the only thing that is on.
I am looking forward to casualty, but seems to be turning into a soap.

What do you look forward to at xmas for the tv side of things.

I look forward to the xmas specials of comedy's.

My family we like to watch that.

What films are you looking forward to.

With having SKY most of the films on BBC/ITV I have already seen, not a big fan of Soaps but no doubt Eastenders and Coronation Street will be on xmas day.

To be honest having had a quick look it doesn't look all that great at all over the next few days - being a film buff though I have a healthy stack of DVDs should I need to watch something decent.

A brand new Only Fools And Horses xmas special is sorely missed.

Not at all interested in the standard TV programs over Christmas so will either put on Sky Movies or DVD of a favourite film :)

Claire ;)

Yep i agree only fools and horses is a great miss.

We need more comedy's like that.

We have sky, but not the movie channels.

No doubt DD will have disney channel on hmmmmm.

DW and I both commented on the lack of decent TV at Christmas these days when we got our Christmas Radio Times a couple of weeks ago. :(

I suppose in this day and age with DVD's so readily available, and Cable and Satellite TV, that a lot of the big blockbuster films have already been seen a number of times and have therefore lost some of their wow factor. I remember growing up as a child looking forward to all the films that were on at Christmas as I hadn't had opportunity to see them before. Something like Toy Story 2 would have been must see TV but now most people are able to buy the DVD when it comes out and watch it numerous times before it is shown on TV.

There is probably also an element of looking at this through rose tinted glasses I suppose as Christmas is entirely different now to those excitable days many years ago :bounce: That said though there is probably much benefit to be gained from spending less time zonked in front of the TV on Christmas Day and more time interacting with those around you ;)

Alan.

AlanUK said:
That said though there is probably much benefit to be gained from spending less time zonked in front of the TV on Christmas Day and more time interacting with those around you ;)

Alan.

Long as if it's not my Mother In Law :eek:

AlanUK said:
That said though there is probably much benefit to be gained from spending less time zonked in front of the TV on Christmas Day and more time interacting with those around you ;)

Alan.
Christmas TV is very poor these days, but we try and play lot of games - both board games and charades etc. After all the eating, just sitting in front of the box would make us feel so much worse than we already do!!! :rotfl:

BBC1 - Christmas Day - Dr Who special. Can't miss this.

We also got a DVC DVD through the post so I am guareented one bit of good viewing!!!

Susan

Little Britain is on on chritmas eve. Can't wait!! i love that show!

Yea I Know!

:rotfl2:
LOL!!!
:rotfl2:

Claire L said:
Not at all interested in the standard TV programs over Christmas so will either put on Sky Movies or DVD of a favourite film :)

Claire ;)

Me too ;)

Hi. :wave2:

For me there is only one thing I want to watch and thats Dr Who and the christmas invasion.I'm hoping it will be repeated on BBC3 the following day as I doubt I will have chance to watch it on christmas day.
I really don't like soaps at the best of times,but I really can't stand the christmas specials.They are so depressing....

Merry Cristmas. :drinking1

You'd think they'd have a smilley with a christmas hat on ???

Jon.

Disney_Jedi_Jon said:
Hi. :wave2:

For me there is only one thing I want to watch and thats Dr Who and the christmas invasion.I'm hoping it will be repeated on BBC3 the following day as I doubt I will have chance to watch it on christmas day.
I really don't like soaps at the best of times,but I really can't stand the christmas specials.They are so depressing....

Merry Cristmas. :drinking1

You'd think they'd have a smilley with a christmas hat on ???

Jon.

Hi Jon :wave2:

Dr Who is repeated on BBC3 at 7pm on Boxing Day - Enjoy

Merry Christmas -
8.gif

Sue :wave:

Boxing Day on ITV from 1830 till 2100 is Coronation Street including a panto - that's just crazy.

I can't say I'm worrying about the Christmas TV, but we've set the video for Lost, My Family and Casualty/Holby :)

Dr Who. and now that Mandy has mentioned it My Family is normally entertaining.

I agree with you Alan, the Christmas films always used to be so exciting (having said that DD was excited about the Toy Story 2 pictures in the Radio Times - I resisted saying "Yes and you could watch it any day"!)

Have not really followed what is on.
It seems every year the offering gets diluted :)

I confess to being a Soapaholic so I love this time of year as generally the storylines are good.

There's only two things I'm looking foward to Dr. Who and The Booze Cruise II - oh and My family and other animals so that makes three
Jan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter