Your take on Tony's Town Square?

shopn24seven

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ate here?
One of my friends said it was HORRIBLE.
I can't see how you can mess up Italian. LOL

I haven't been here for years because our experience was less than wow.

Now, that doesn't mean their food was bad. The stuff we did have arrived at the appropriate temperature and tasted fine.

However, I felt it was very over-priced, even for WDW, for what we got. If I'm going to spend money on food, I'm going to spend it on something that at least seems reasonable to me.

I can get Italian food at home. I'm usually up for trying something different when I'm on vacation.

I was...last there in Dec'08 for dinner and TOTALLY agree with your friend. It is the only restaurant I've been at in WDW where the food was actually inedible!
Actually told them to "take the food back". Trust me, we were STARVING when we got there, so it wasn't like we just weren't hungry. The waiter asked if he could get us something else, we just said "no thanks". Ended up getting hotdogs at Casey's.
I don't understand why this place is soooo bad,...but it is!:scared:

That settles it, then. NO, Tony for ME.
I was trying to go with something NEW and DIFFERENT at MK for our lunch or dinner.......
We have done CP and LTT so MANY times, we it time for a change....
Back to the drawing board....

My wife and I had lunch there on the DlxDP in Sept. 2008, it was very, very good. The waiter was very attentive and tried to make our dining experience a good one. They left something off our appy (assorted meats and cheese), he not only brought out the missing item (and a lot of it) but another assortment of cheeses to go with it. I think lunch is better than dinner, for some reason--maybe the crowds, I feel the staff and the cooks are much more rushed at dinner.

I was...last there in Dec'08 for dinner and TOTALLY agree with your friend. It is the only restaurant I've been at in WDW where the food was actually inedible!
Actually told them to "take the food back". Trust me, we were STARVING when we got there, so it wasn't like we just weren't hungry. The waiter asked if he could get us something else, we just said "no thanks". Ended up getting hotdogs at Casey's.
I don't understand why this place is soooo bad,...but it is!:scared:

I totally agree. We were there for dinner June 09 (my 40th birthday dinner:sad2:) and it was one of the worst meals we have ever eaten on property. Everything was terrible...the salads, the meatballs:scared: and pasta, the shrimp scampi...all really bad.

One word answer: YUCK. I've had better "italian" at Sbarro in the mall food court. Its' that bad for dinner. Blech jarred pasta sauce with sticky cold pasta, all that for the bargain price of $75 for two adults and two kids meals. :lmao: :lmao:

We actually like Tony's. I mean, it is not over the top WOW food, but it is good. The service there is also really good. We have ADRs for lunch on our last day before heading back to our resort to get ME. If you can snag a table outside right as the afternoon parade is going on, then :thumbsup2

It's hit and miss, but I think that's true of any restaurant. We've had one WOW meal there - loved every bit of it, great service, great food - and we've had one - eh, it's ok meal there. It's certainly worth a try. Even when it was just OK, it was still decent.

I've heard SO many hit or miss stories about this place, but DH and I have been going for the past 5 years and it's now become a tradition and we go on every trip. The service has always been great for us...the food has never been bad, and quite frankly, I think it's been getting better with each year! :thumbsup2

There have been several occasions where we weren't going to order dessert, but they realized it was our anniversary and always brought us out a FREE sundae. We love this place...but hey, go ahead and give it a bad reputation...it makes it easier for the rest of us to get an ADR! ;)

Here are a few pics from previous visits:

Bread with Dipping Oil
3954691290_3f5d7d99e0.jpg

Caprese Salad (I could do without the onions...)
3953910881_7305a2f13c.jpg

Chicken Parmesan - YUM!
3953910965_3584f30639.jpg

Spaghetti and Meatballs
3953911045_941ecb7a2a.jpg

Pumpkin Cheesecake (seasonal)
3954691662_23f64bd20b.jpg

Sugar-Free Green Apple Sorbet (seasonal)
3953911255_d3cff6e9a4.jpg

and Our FREE Anniversary Sundae
(not sure if they do this for everyone or if we've just gotten lucky)
d3-6.jpg

I've only been once. To be honest it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good it was just.... ok. It is not on our dining list for our upcoming trip and we are there for 22 nights and do two to three TS a day, but if I had friends going and they wanted to go, I would join them as it wasn't bad. It just wasn't that great :rotfl:

we came back about a week ago and dined at tonys for our first dinner. my mom, sister, brother-in-law and i enjoyed our dinners, we ordered seafood pasta, chicken parmesan, lamb, and scampi, but my dad had the steak and said it was terrible. D: i guess it really does depend on what you order or maybe even what cook you get that night! while our food, for the most part, was quite enjoyable, our server was TERRIBLE. we would ask for basic things like more napkins or drink refills, we had to ask because she rarely came around even though we were basically the only people in there, and she would get snippy with us! she actually asked us, "anything else?" in a tone that would suggest that we were being demanding. all in all, im not sure if i would be so quick to go back with all the other wonderful restaurants in mk.

We ate here in september last year, and my usually critical family LOVED it. I had the shrimp scampi without the asparagus, and it was really good. The tiramasu was REALLY good!!! I have another ressie here for june to take my best friend, and my husband who has never been. So hopefully it's just as good.

We just at there on Saturday for lunch (walked in) and I really enjoyed my meal. Yes, it was simple food, and if you aren't on the dining plan, it might seem over priced. But it hit the spot, both for me, my Italian MIL and my picky eater DD15.

I had the caprese salad, the spaghetti with italian sausage, and the chocolate gelato. My MIL had the eggplant and enjoyed it, and my daughter got the spaghetti with no meat. The waitress was really attentive, talked to my daughter about how it was Lady and Tramp's restaurant and told her where to go to "see" them, and talked to us a bit about our trip. We sat out in the sunroom and got to watch the parade from across the way, which was nice.

The only complaint anyone had was my MIL thought the gelato was bitter, but I liked it.

We've had good experiences there, and the food has always been fine. It has been suggested to us not to order the Veggie Lasagna unless we needed a vegetarian dish on a couple of occasions... by the CM taking our order :scared1: Needless to say we've yet to try it.

We almost always make it dinner on our arrival nite, as we can then watch Spectro from the front porch :woohoo:

Best option inside the park.Good for pre-parade/fireworks meals.Never had a bad experience but we realize what it is and where it's at.

My wife and I had lunch there on the DlxDP in Sept. 2008, it was very, very good. The waiter was very attentive and tried to make our dining experience a good one. They left something off our appy (assorted meats and cheese), he not only brought out the missing item (and a lot of it) but another assortment of cheeses to go with it. I think lunch is better than dinner, for some reason--maybe the crowds, I feel the staff and the cooks are much more rushed at dinner.

This is my hubby's fav...and he doesn't even like itialian, we've never had bad food, took awhile but the food and servers were very nice. I guess It just depends on the person.

We used to go to Tony's all of the time, but as WDW got bigger there were more restaurants to try. We tried it last year before MNSSHP and it was good, good enough that we are going back this year. I am hoping to have a good experience again. I will agree that I can get better Italian food at local place or a chain, but when I am in WDW I want to stay on property.

Denny's makes better Italian food than this place :sad2: We refuse to go for dinner any more, but lunch is marginally better, if you stick with the sandwiches/flatbreads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter