• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your Pick! Signature Choice

Which signature would you choose? -- Consider food, service, atmosphere.

• California Grill

• Narcoosee's

• Citrico's

Results are only viewable after voting.

pennyplanner

DIS Veteran
I am on the fence on about which signature to pick. :confused3

My top three choices are:

California Grill
Narcoossee's
Citrico's

I have dined at all three, although not at Narcoossee's for a very long time.

Which is your favorite and why?

Thanks,

pennyplanner

P.S. Please disregard the spelling error in Narcoossee's! I can't seem to edit the poll.

My pick is California Grill, get a table near the time Wishes is scheduled. First time we ate at Citricos, it was great. Second time, slow service and food was mediocre. We've never done N. It's on my list!

We just really liked the overall atmosphere at CG, and thought the food was good. So was the service. I think Citricos is just ok- not worth the $$$

My pick is California Grill, get a table near the time Wishes is scheduled. First time we ate at Citricos, it was great. Second time, slow service and food was mediocre. We've never done N. It's on my list!

All great to try for... But we once timed our meal at Ohana to be seated when Wishes began, had our reservation and waited and waited and I finally complained that we had a reservation for such and such a time and have been here waiting for an hour... Was told that the guests inside we're not leaving, even though their meal was done and over to watch the fireworks... that was our last time for Ohana.... Disney will not clear the restaurant but let guests linger and penalize guests waiting...

Narcoossee's is my favorite restaurant in WDW. The food and service are both outstanding. I usually have the calamari or crab cakes for appetizer, the whole steamed lobster for entree, and whatever is the chocolate dessert that night. Narcoossee's also has a good view of Wishes and EWP from the veranda. My family makes a point of going there at least once per trip (twice if we can).

CA Grill is also among my favorite Signatures, but I haven't been since it re-opened from the major rehab. I'm planning on going next time I'm in WDW, so hopefully it will still be a great choice.

Citricos is one of my lowest ranked Signatures. It's fairly popular here on the Disboard (a little less so of late given the menu change), but I've only been once, and it was a sub-par experience. Seating was very slow (45-minutes after ADR time), the kitchen and wait staff were out of sync (dishes arrived very slowly so it took almost three hours for dinner and one dish arrived cold), and it was very noisy (near the open kitchen combined with unhappy children and parents). If the food had been outstanding, I'd probably be more willing to give it a second try, but the items we tried did not really wow me.

These are all very good restaurants. I would suggest Citricos as it has the quality food of Cal Grill without the crowds. We have felt it is a hidden gem most guest have not found. Service is excellent and tends to be quieter then some other Disney restaurants.

I like Narcoossee's the best as well. I love the relaxed ambiance, particularly after a long day in a park, and the food is simply amazing. As good a meal as I've had anywhere.

CA Grill is excellent in it's own right, however I have never left there full. The food tastes delicious but I don't find it very filling.

Like a PP's experience, I had an awful experience at Citrico's. We were seated almost an hour after our ADR and the staff didn't seem to care at all. I practically never send food back, but my entree was so overly salted it was inedible and we were offered nothing to compensate for either factors. I understand that it could have been one diners bad experience in a room full of people having a great meal, but it really soured me on the place.

I would tend to choose Cali Grill or Narcoosees over Citricos because of the views.
I've dined and have had good experiences at all, last visited all in 12/12.

Returning to Dis this September for 3 days and choosing to return to Narcoosee's, Cali, and Jiko for my signatures- if that helps. (Hoping Cali Grill hasn't declined since the reno.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter