Your pet's "given" name vs nickname

I have a frenchie-pei and her name is Lilly. Her nicknames are monkey, lilly pad, and tiger lilly (because she looks like a tiger and has a tiger stripe that starts on her face and goes right along her back to the tip of her tail. She answers to all 4!

Also Dorito feet, cuz I swear his paws smell like Doritoes! lol. Weird I know.

Oh my gosh!!!! My last Chi that went over the Rainbow Bridge last August always smelled like Doritos!!! Usually his paws, but somtimes his tummy had the smell. We called him Dorito Dog. His registered name was Pooh's Little Rascally Dawg. Nicknames Rascal, ChiChi, Pup, Pupalup, Chi, Rascal D. Dawg.

Our little Chi puppy, Chia, No official name yet, nicknames -- Chia Girl, Diva, Daddy's Little Princess (gag!!!), Ch ch ch ch Chia like the chia pet commercial,has now officially got "the smell"!!!! I noticed last night her feet smelled like Doritos. I want a really cute middle name for her.

Our mutt that we found years ago, we named Lucky Pup. Nicknames Luck Luck, Lucker, Lucky A___ (our last name when he's naughty) and my great grandma could NEVER remember his name and she called him Rusty. It kinda stuck too.

This is such a great thread wanted to say THANKS for starting it! :)

This is inspired by a friend of mine that I recently caught up with after 20 years.

She has a beautiful dog, some sort of terrior, but I can't remember what.

The dogs name is Honda. I know this from pics on FB.

Everytime I'm around that dog, she was being called Putt-putt. I thought it was weird, who names their dog after mini golf? But I didn't say anything. So my friend wrote me yesterday about PUP PUP getting in the trash. :rotfl:
I told her I thought they were saying putt putt and she asked me if I was crazy.

Our dog is Pepper. I'm the only one that gives her nicknames. She has 2. One is Pepsi and the other is Pepperoni. She responds to both, including her given name.

Anyone else have a pet name that evolved into something else?

We have a 1 year old Yorkie Chihuahua named Bella, but sometimes we call her 'B'. She loves getting her paws and teeth into toliet paper, dryer sheets, and napkins.
We also have a 7 month old Maltese Yorkie named Charlie, when we're mad at him for going under the fence we call him Charles lol When we finally find Charlie, Bella will "discipline" him for us. LOL

Chihuahua named Pixie.
Nicknames: Pix, Pixie girl, Pixie Licksie, Pixie Licksalot (she does lick a lot!)

My lab's name is Baxter. When we adopted him from the Humane Society they thought he was just a few months old. When we got the paperwork, in the "Age Group" category it said Baby. Somehow that stuck so he is also known as Baby.

Shiloh - Shady, Shady Lady (though he's a boy), Shillelagh, Shy, Shylie, **** Head

Hunter - Hunted, Ted, Teddy, Hunty

Cookie - Cook, Cookster, Cookie Bird

Rex - Rexall, Rexy

Oh dear where to start. Our one dog's name is Panhead.(After the Harley Davidson) Let's see she's called panface, pancietta, pandora, heathen, dogface or babygirldogface. Husband calls her stupid dog or PITA.

Our other dog's name is Noir. We call her Nora, Miss Norway, Noriega, Norfolk.

Of course the minute you say the word "out" they both come running.

The orange tabby is named Reese but we have been to known to call him "Red Thing" from time to time. The calico is named Marble but I seem to keep referring to her as "ugly girl."

I am so glad I am not alone!

Tiger - Pood, Pooders, Poodice
Grace - Gracie-face or Mamas (she was rescued w/kittens)
Calypso - Baby Girl (one of Grace's babies)
Leopold - Beebs, Beebalone, Beebaloni

My vet always laughs at how none of my cats are called what is on their folder.

Amelia: Snitty, Titter Tat, Titter, Snitty Snat
Puppy (this is her given name): Pup E. Dog
Luna: Lunabear, Lunabit, Lunapants, bad dog

Fergie's nickname is "Bad Girl!"

Diana's nickname was "Yanny." Sort of the last 2 syllables of "Di-yan-a". And I might add she was a very good girl.

I wonder if the Duchess of York had the same nickname?

My grey tabby Misty (RIP) she was called Misty Wilakers, tater tot, popsicle licker, baby girl

Thunder who we adopted from a shelter will not answer to that name they gave him. He is a black manx and I was watching hocus pocus one day and called him binx and he came running. So he goes by Binxie , binx, mr. binx, binxalinx,thachery binx, baby boy, mama's boy.

Socks I call sockatutu lol just came up with it, he is also called baby boy cause he the youngest of the cats,

Peaches goes by peachy kean, jellybean, daddy's girl, peachfuzz, sweet girl

smokey goes by attack cat, nibbler, loudmouth, vampire lol he likes to love bite people

Snickers my chocolate lab goes by snickiepoopoo , snickerdoodles, snick, dang dog, roadblock, hard tail cause when he whaps you with his tail it hurts

then my little girl calls every cat a "Gia" it cracks me up

We have a chi who is Lady Hurley Hua...Lady being her title. We call her Boogers...dont know why...but she comes to Hurley or Boogers

Had my baby Beagle mix who passed in October named Disney Doo, we called him Dizzy most of the time...he came to whatever...as long as we had food in our hands.

My 15 yo cat that we just lost a couple of months ago was Nicky...but we called him nipples (he used to steal the bottle nipples off the drying rack and hide them...for months I blamed my husband for throwing away non disposable bottle nipples...until I found 25 of them under my dresser when I moved it)or sometimes we would call him nick-nack-patty-wack.

My dog's given name is Rocky. My husband calls him Scrap-iron.

Really not sure where that came from...

He's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

Weird, huh?

K:confused3

My puppy's name is COLBY.

I can't help myself, I call him MR. CHEESE all day long:lmao:

My 13 yr old cat is named AUTUMN and her nicknames are : STINK and FATTY

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter