"Your Personal Online Planning Assistance"

missbrooke06

DIS Veteran
I received an email today, asking me to test a "new" complimentary service for large groups through MDE.

It asked me to call a number and get help with link reservations, booking FastPasses, personalizing Magic Bands...

Has anyone else got this and called? It sounds like any other call to Customer Service and I'm not sure what the test element is. Maybe an internal teaming change that they're testing?

Sounds like they have been getting complaints from large groups about how much harder planning is with MDE/FP+.

Ugh, I sooooo could have used that for our last trip. Getting FP+ aligned for our extended family vacation was not a pleasant experience.

Interesting ... I'm planning a trip for 10 for the end of next February. Hoping that the stars align and I can make the FP reservations we need.

I made a complaint. I was in charge of plans for 12 people last November including DMIL who "hates" Disney so I was feeling the pressure. It was a nightmare trying to get dining, fastpasses and events booked. I complained because in the past they had a program called Grand Gathering for large groups and it was very helpful. I'm happy they listened because there are many groups that have reunions at WDW, they should have help with such a complicated system.

I received an email today, asking me to test a "new" complimentary service for large groups through MDE.

It asked me to call a number and get help with link reservations, booking FastPasses, personalizing Magic Bands...

Has anyone else got this and called? It sounds like any other call to Customer Service and I'm not sure what the test element is. Maybe an internal teaming change that they're testing?
Curious how large your group is?

I got one. 7 people, 2 rooms. Funny thing is, we are using a Disney travel planner, so not sure why they would offer this to us.

I would have loved this. I planned for 9 people, ages 5 to 58, with two rooms, and completlyvarying interests. I managed to make a colossal mess with a few FP exeriences, and my DD had to call IT to get it fixed. To be fair, the issues were all me.....and they rest of the family was fine with my mistakes....but getting them fixed was nice. I woul dhave loved the help that might have prevented the problem.

I managed our bookings for a party of 11.

I preferred using the on-line MDE for ADRs and FP+, so would not have needed a special telephone reservation system. :)

I managed our bookings for a party of 11.

I preferred using the on-line MDE for ADRs and FP+, so would not have needed a special telephone reservation system. :)

I used MDE fo some ADR's and called for the rest. My last two trips there has been something funky on my 180 tocall so evryting crashes.

My issues with FP on MDE were all me. I made a total cluster out of it, so really that is the only place I needed help. I also thnk it should be easier to make multiple ADR's for the same time frame. We broke into groups and needed different ADR's for some meals, and that system will not allow that. I had to use my DD info to make the ADr's for the folks splitting off. It was nto a problem, but I think that ther are plenty of people who will benefit from some help here as well.

I got this email as well and called the number to get more information. They were very helpful, but just a heads up that the service that was offered to me did not include actually booking any dining or FastPass+ reservations for our group. It seems to be a new customer service team that they are testing out to help larger groups with setting up and linking MDE accounts.

We are a group of 14 extended family traveling (four families). Each mom in the family had a MDE account and then the husbands and kids all had accounts under those. What the CM did was ensure that our reservations were all linked properly so that we could make FastPass+ reservations for each other. For example, I can now go in and make FastPass+ reservations for our entire party online, or one person could go to a park kiosk and get the 4th FastPass+ for everyone while we are there (assuming something is available).

It was actually very helpful, but it wasn't anything like a travel agent. From my experience, you still have to make your own dining and FastPass+ reservations.

I just received the email. I didn't receive it until I paid off my entire trip, then I got the email (not sure if that's a coincidence or how it was for everyone?). I paid off just before my 45 days, so obviously it isn't going to help with ADR or FP. I *think* everything is linked properly because in my MDE I can see everyone, all tickets, all FP+ and all ADR's. Not sure what help they will be, but I'll probably call just to find out. (Group of 5 in two rooms with three different last names).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter