Your most recent "date night"

dotfurio

What happened to the disappearing act?
We're sitting at home on a Saturday night watching cartoons with the kids, so I got to thinking about our next date night.

We don't have a lot of offerings in our town (or maybe we're just uninspired), so we usually end up going out to dinner and then shopping. Fun times, lol.

What fun thing did you and your SO do on your last date night?

Stand Up Paddle Board down a beautiful spring fed river; the water was crystal clear the whole three mile run. Then we had lunch at a little mom-and-pop burger place.

My favorite date was to Melting Pot. It took about 2 hours, but it was an awesome experience. DH and I like going to the zoo or a museum.

We're kind of past formally-planned "date nights", not that I'm knocking them. Enjoying time alone as a couple is extremely important no matter what your season of life. We had a rare day of leisure today and ran errands together, had a nice late breakfast out and spent an hour or so cruising around car dealerships. It was great! :goodvibes No telling when our next opportunity for anything similar will be with our schedules but we are taking a vacation in September. We could consider that one big week-long date.

We used to almost always go to a movie theatre that served food in the theatre. Nice place, good food, and it was great because they had Lincoln Town Car seats that would recline for the movie. Haven't found one of those yet so we are going bowling tomorrow. I come from the land of candlepin bowling so going to try the big ball bowling.

We had a last minute date night just last night. Not often we don’t have DD with us. We did dinner, a little shopping and then went to a movie we wanted to see but thought we would have to wait for it to come out on video.

Most of our date nights come when there is a movie DH really wants to see. Other wise he really doesn’t want to pay out $30-$50 for a babysitter. Much nicer when she is at a friends for the night.

In almost 30 years together, I don’t think we’ve ever had a “date night.”

Sure, we’ve gone to movies, had dinners out, etc....but that’s because there was something we wanted to see, or because we were hungry. :rotfl:

We’ve never planned that exclusive alone time that some couples do.

DH and I don't have any kids, so pretty much anytime we go out to dinner it is "date night." That being said, we do try to make sure to not plan anything for Friday nights so that we can go out together that night. It is always nice to just go to a restaurant and unwind from a busy work week.

We've never been as good at this as we should be! I think our most recent was probably a movie, though.

We’re past having to actually set aside and plan time together. It’s just an empty nest perk.

As far as what we like to do, we “happy hour” every Friday. Sometimes at home on the patio other times out. We love to go to hear live music. We enjoy afternoons at a brewery once a month.

Our most recent really nice day, started at a favorite bar, included a walk along the river to a sports bar burger place for dinner, and finished with walking on to a new whiskey bar.

We rarely go to movies anymore. Even with reclining seats and all the rest, we still find that we really enjoy movies more at home. In the last month we’ve seen Deadpool, The Incredibles, and Ocean’s 8 which is a lot for us and all because we were with someone who wanted to. On our own, I doubt we would have gone to any of them. Oceans was really the only one I even wanted to see.

Ok, stay with me on this one. We have been married for 40 years and our youngest just left home after graduating from college and getting a job. We are home just the 2 of us all the time, so going out with one of the kids is our excitement! We went out with our DD twice last week and had the best time learning about her new job and going out with her friends.

We have come full circle, the kids we use to pay a babysitter to have a night away from, are now the people we love to spend time with!

We’re past having to actually set aside and plan time together. It’s just an empty nest perk.

As far as what we like to do, we “happy hour” every Friday. Sometimes at home on the patio other times out. We love to go to hear live music. We enjoy afternoons at a brewery once a month.

Our most recent really nice day, started at a favorite bar, included a walk along the river to a sports bar burger place for dinner, and finished with walking on to a new whiskey bar.

We rarely go to movies anymore. Even with reclining seats and all the rest, we still find that we really enjoy movies more at home. In the last month we’ve seen Deadpool, The Incredibles, and Ocean’s 8 which is a lot for us and all because we were with someone who wanted to. On our own, I doubt we would have gone to any of them. Oceans was really the only one I even wanted to see.
How was it? There’s very, very little that comes out anymore I’m interested in going to, although I really do like movie theatres. Ocean’s 8 is a possibility; we enjoyed 13, 12 and 11. Maybe Jurassic World too. Has anybody seen that one?

How was it? There’s very, very little that comes out anymore I’m interested in going to, although I really do like movie theatres. Ocean’s 8 is a possibility; we enjoyed 13, 12 and 11. Maybe Jurassic World too. Has anybody seen that one?

I really liked it as did DD22 and DH. We are all fans of the Ocean’s movies and it did not disappoint. My mom really wants to see it so I probably will go again.

We were visiting DD and helping her paint some furniture. It was very very hot and we needed an indoor relaxing break. Alamo Draft house for lunch, drinks, and the movie was perfect.

Last edited:
Ok, stay with me on this one. We have been married for 40 years and our youngest just left home after graduating from college and getting a job. We are home just the 2 of us all the time, so going out with one of the kids is our excitement! We went out with our DD twice last week and had the best time learning about her new job and going out with her friends.

We have come full circle, the kids we use to pay a babysitter to have a night away from, are now the people we love to spend time with!

Love it! This made me smile!

Can’t wait to get to that point myself. We are in the thick of three teenagers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter