Your Most Magical Moments

TBGOES2DISNEY

DIS Veteran
Hi, this thread, hopefully, will cheer everyone up. :cheer2: All the threads about bad experiences have really got me feeling worried and depressed about my very first trip to Disney. :(

So, please, please... share some stories about your most magical moments. :wizard: Tell me about Disney magic, awesome CMs, great experiences, funny moments, etc. Let me know why you love Disney so much! :love:

Thanks a bunch! :goodvibes

Some of my magical moments:

Watching my DD (when she was 2) watch Illuminations for the first time while in the arms of her Daddy. She would shriek with delight!!

When Mickey Mouse bent down to catch my DD (still 2) run into his arms. She was so excited to see him, and I was waiting for When you Wish Upon a Star to get piped through the Judge's Tent. Very emotional moment for me.

Standing in front of the castle watching Wishes with my DD (now 7) next to me, and my other DD (2yrs old) in my arms. Tears flowed that night!!!

My DD (7yrs old) was able to help end Spectromagic last year and she was very excited. My heart was also pounding with excitment for her!!!

I could go on and on and on with magical memories. But I will give other people a chance to post!!! :teeth: I hope you have a magical time on your vacation :wave:

woah so many to mention, they happened many amny times every day.....but i have to say that because it was my birthday i tend to remember the birthday related ones most...

we queued to see winnie the pooh, piglet, tigger and eeyore in toontown fair and eeyore saw my birthday badge, kissed me and then ran away cos he was shy!

erm....waoh so so many....everyone in epcot singing happy birthday to me while i was sat in between pinocchio and gepetto because pinocchio saw my badge.

erm character rbeakfast at chef mickeys when pluto stole my baseball hat.

the very first character i got a photo with was king louie....he was playing with a small boy in a wheelchair when we first saw him and it brought tears to my eyes...its still does to this day. the little boy was just ecstactic that this larger than life character was stopping to play just with him. I think he had some kind of mental disabilities as well as physical but the joy on his face was unmistakeable :goodvibes

I have several, but the one that really stands out in my mind is from the first trip with the kids. My DS4 (now 13), was waiting for the nightly parade after about 9 hours at the MK. Bless his little heart, he was a trooper...he was exhausted, but he looked up at his grandma and said, "Grandma, I wish we could stay here foweva!" Yes, he had a speech problem with his 'r' back then, and it was so cute! Of course, I cried on the spot!

The first time we took the kids we were staying at the Poly. About the third day of our trip we came out of our room in the morning and saw a bunny rabbit. My son who was 5 at the time asked "Daddy, is that rabbit real?"

Watching my DS9 (then 4) decorate a cupcake with Pooh and friends at the CP because he was Chef of the Day. They all signed his chef's hat and gave suggestions on what he should put on the cupcake. He was thrilled!

Also, being with my entire family on a balcony at the CR, having a champagne toast for the new year Jan. 1, 2000. We watched fireworks while the kids slept and thought of my dad, who had passed away eight years before. He had made the reservations for us to stay there in 1986, and going there for New Years 2000 was a great way to remember him and feel that we were fulfilling his wish pixiedust:

Here's mine...taken from my trip report from our vacation last May. (LONG!)

Departing the castle from our Cinderella breakfast, we make our way into a fairly empty Fantasyland. DD5 still has her Cinderella dress on and is in true "princess" mode. The park has just opened and most people had not gotten back there yet…we have our choice of walking on any ride. It’s no surprise that DD chooses Peter Pan. She absolutely cannot get enough of this ride, and I must say that it’s one of our favorites too. Flying over London at night and seeing Peter and the kids flying across the moon are two of my favorite parts. DH likes making the turn and seeing Neverland for the first time and DD likes the bedroom scene, Captain Hook shooting at us, and the mermaids – one of which she is SURE is Ariel. We finish the ride and exit our flying ship. Ok everyone…listen up and pay attention…here is where Cinderella “breaks” Peter Pan. The order of procession off the ride is as follows: DH in front (holding Pal Mickey), DD in the middle, and me bringing up the end. And this is the succession of events that occurs next: DH drops Pal Mickey on the moving walkway; DD stoops down to pick him up; DD comes to the end of the moving walkway while still trying to pick up Mickey; DD’s dress gets caught in the beltway – it begins to pull her down; DD starts screaming; DH reaches down and rrriiiiipppppssss her dress loose; CM notices what is happening and pushes the emergency STOP button. The walkway stops; the music stops; the ride stops. We were a mess…DH was horrified at the thought of his DD being strangled by a conveyor belt and upset with himself that he had dropped Mickey in the first place; I was checking DD for injuries while at the same time embarrassed by all the commotion suddenly around us and the fact that we had shut down Peter Pan; and poor DD was in tears…literally sobbing over the shred of a dress that she was now wearing. She looked so pitiful – one of her sleeves had come off, several of the little decorative bobbles were scattered all over the floor, and the back of her dress was ripped to shreds – half of it still stuck in the conveyor belt. She looked exactly like the “real” Cinderella just after the jealous step-sisters destroy her gown. Luckily, DD was not hurt, just terribly shaken and so sad that her brand new dress – the one she had just gotten for her birthday – was completely ruined. I held her, rocked her, soothed her…told her we would get her a new one…when one of the CM’s asked if we would mind waiting off to the side for a few minutes. Uh-oh. Here it comes. We broke the ride…people are stuck in there…more people are waiting impatiently in line wondering WHY the ride is NOT WORKING! We’re in trouble. I begin forming apologies in my head – “We’re so sorry! I KNOW she shouldn’t be wearing a long dress on the rides, but you see, we’ve just come from having breakfast with Cinderella, and my DD SO much likes being a princess. Please don’t make us leave the park…I’ll put the dress right in the backpack…see? We’ll never take it out again.” So there we stand wondering why in the world we’re asked to wait. A maintenance man arrives (complete with toolbox) and begins to eradicate the remnants of DD’s dress from the belt. Wow…now that was fast! We’d only shut down the ride about 5 minutes ago…911 wouldn’t have responded THAT quickly! So we’re standing there…and I’m beginning to think that maybe they’ll take our name and address or something and we’ll have to PAY for damages…when a manager walks up to us. OH NO! The MANAGER!!! We’re really in for it now…get out the checkbook honey. She’s very polite…that’s a good sign. “I’m so sorry about the trouble you had on Peter Pan today.” (SHE’S sorry?!?) “Are you all ok?” “Yes,” I say, followed by a quick, “We’re sorry.” And then, turning to my DD the CM asks, “Honey, are you ok?” “Yes, I’m ok…” sniff sniff “…but my dress got all torn.” It’s at this point the CM pulls from a bag (that seemed to appear out of nowhere) – are you ready? – you’d better sit down – a brand NEW Cinderella dress straight from Tinkerbell’s Treasures in JUST DD’s size! “Here Sweetheart, this is Cinderella’s special gown that she wore to the ball and we want you to have it.” My DD is thrilled, the CM is hugging her, and I’m standing there with tears streaming down my cheeks witnessing the best “magic moment” of all magic moments!

Yes...there's no place like Disney!

Here's one for me.

My son was 11. We were in World Showcase in early Dec. listening to a Santa from Canada. There weren't very many kids there.. maybe 4.
DS sort of stayed back with us thinking he was too old.
The Santa motioned for DS to come speak to him after his story was over.
DS went.
Santa said, "Now Jared, what do you want for Christmas this year?"

You should have seen my son's eyes. They were huge. He couldn't figure out how Santa knew his name. He asked Santa, and Santa told him he knew all the names of the children who were extra special. No one is too old for Santa.

He never caught on that Santa saw the little zipper pull with his name on is I bought from Rainforest Cafe the day before. Jared still talks about it, too.

Oh, and the CM who noticed my son's all Stitch pin collection. When Jared went to see Lilo and Stitch the CM told them that Jared was their biggest fan.
The characters took the time to hug him, look at his pins, point out the ones they liked. Stitch wrote "I love you more than Elvis". The smile on my son's face was priceless.

We love Disney.

My most magical moment is seeing Disney through my daughters eyes. :cloud9:

All of it.

let's see... sooo much magic, so little time...

one of our magical moments was "forced" but carried thru so wonderfully by wdw cm's that it felt magical to me, even though i expected it... i had booked a wishes cruise for our family/friends and asked our server at CM's to deliver the scroll/invitation i had made up... well, she went way above and beyond and not only brought over the invite, but added fanfare, characters and pixie dust along w/a big signed photo of the CM gang... it was awesome and my ds still talks about it regularly!

another was that our friends had check-in trouble (totally their own fault!) and after the cms went well above and beyond to accommodate them, they went the extra mile and had our rooms decorated w/balloons and autographed photos of princesses for the girls and mickey for the boys along w/some little toys from the gift shop... awesome!

let's see... i'm sure there are more but those were the first two from our most recent vacation that came to mind...

the only memory i have of when i went to disney when i was 4 was my dad carrying me away from magic kingdom with my fake mouse ears on as the firworks went off over the castle, what a happy time! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Kanga1 said:
Here's mine...taken from my trip report from our vacation last May. (LONG!)

Departing the castle from our Cinderella breakfast, we make our way into a fairly empty Fantasyland. DD5 still has her Cinderella dress on and is in true "princess" mode. The park has just opened and most people had not gotten back there yet…we have our choice of walking on any ride. It’s no surprise that DD chooses Peter Pan. She absolutely cannot get enough of this ride, and I must say that it’s one of our favorites too. Flying over London at night and seeing Peter and the kids flying across the moon are two of my favorite parts. DH likes making the turn and seeing Neverland for the first time and DD likes the bedroom scene, Captain Hook shooting at us, and the mermaids – one of which she is SURE is Ariel. We finish the ride and exit our flying ship. Ok everyone…listen up and pay attention…here is where Cinderella “breaks” Peter Pan. The order of procession off the ride is as follows: DH in front (holding Pal Mickey), DD in the middle, and me bringing up the end. And this is the succession of events that occurs next: DH drops Pal Mickey on the moving walkway; DD stoops down to pick him up; DD comes to the end of the moving walkway while still trying to pick up Mickey; DD’s dress gets caught in the beltway – it begins to pull her down; DD starts screaming; DH reaches down and rrriiiiipppppssss her dress loose; CM notices what is happening and pushes the emergency STOP button. The walkway stops; the music stops; the ride stops. We were a mess…DH was horrified at the thought of his DD being strangled by a conveyor belt and upset with himself that he had dropped Mickey in the first place; I was checking DD for injuries while at the same time embarrassed by all the commotion suddenly around us and the fact that we had shut down Peter Pan; and poor DD was in tears…literally sobbing over the shred of a dress that she was now wearing. She looked so pitiful – one of her sleeves had come off, several of the little decorative bobbles were scattered all over the floor, and the back of her dress was ripped to shreds – half of it still stuck in the conveyor belt. She looked exactly like the “real” Cinderella just after the jealous step-sisters destroy her gown. Luckily, DD was not hurt, just terribly shaken and so sad that her brand new dress – the one she had just gotten for her birthday – was completely ruined. I held her, rocked her, soothed her…told her we would get her a new one…when one of the CM’s asked if we would mind waiting off to the side for a few minutes. Uh-oh. Here it comes. We broke the ride…people are stuck in there…more people are waiting impatiently in line wondering WHY the ride is NOT WORKING! We’re in trouble. I begin forming apologies in my head – “We’re so sorry! I KNOW she shouldn’t be wearing a long dress on the rides, but you see, we’ve just come from having breakfast with Cinderella, and my DD SO much likes being a princess. Please don’t make us leave the park…I’ll put the dress right in the backpack…see? We’ll never take it out again.” So there we stand wondering why in the world we’re asked to wait. A maintenance man arrives (complete with toolbox) and begins to eradicate the remnants of DD’s dress from the belt. Wow…now that was fast! We’d only shut down the ride about 5 minutes ago…911 wouldn’t have responded THAT quickly! So we’re standing there…and I’m beginning to think that maybe they’ll take our name and address or something and we’ll have to PAY for damages…when a manager walks up to us. OH NO! The MANAGER!!! We’re really in for it now…get out the checkbook honey. She’s very polite…that’s a good sign. “I’m so sorry about the trouble you had on Peter Pan today.” (SHE’S sorry?!?) “Are you all ok?” “Yes,” I say, followed by a quick, “We’re sorry.” And then, turning to my DD the CM asks, “Honey, are you ok?” “Yes, I’m ok…” sniff sniff “…but my dress got all torn.” It’s at this point the CM pulls from a bag (that seemed to appear out of nowhere) – are you ready? – you’d better sit down – a brand NEW Cinderella dress straight from Tinkerbell’s Treasures in JUST DD’s size! “Here Sweetheart, this is Cinderella’s special gown that she wore to the ball and we want you to have it.” My DD is thrilled, the CM is hugging her, and I’m standing there with tears streaming down my cheeks witnessing the best “magic moment” of all magic moments!

Yes...there's no place like Disney!

okay, that's soooo not fair... you have me in tears so early on a monday morning... what an awesome amazing true disney spirit story! thank you for sharing

just this past July trip....Alice took the time to sit with DD and DH and made a mask, she colored it named it and signed it to DD...we had her all to ourselves for a huge chunk of time!

okay, that's soooo not fair... you have me in tears so early on a monday morning... what an awesome amazing true disney spirit story! thank you for sharing

Got me crying too - and I'm in the office! Wonderful story!

I have so many magical memories of Disney. Here's a picture of one of my favorites!
47b4df07b3127cce9adab94f5a4c00000016108QYsmjlq4au

DH proposed right in front of Cinderella castle in December 2003! I wasn't expecting it one bit. He sent me to save us a spot in front of the Partners (Mickey and Walt) statue while he found someone to take our picture. There were a few CM's there and he told one what he was going to do and told her to keep taking pictures. It was an amazing moment I'll never forget! :cloud9: Wishes that night was the icing on the cake! I cried through the whole thing - all that talk about wishes coming true! :love:

Truly the most magical moment is that first step you take onto Main Street in MK. You can't believe you're actually there! There's just so much to look at and so much to do...and you really feel like you've taken a step back in time.

The most magical things in Disney World to me are the little things. All the small things they had to think of in order to make the park so wonderful. Like the transitions between the worlds, the music changing in each different park. The more you notice the details, the better appreciation you will have for the Disney genius...

I've had so many wonderful experiences! I can still remember my first trip to MK (back when MK was the World) and how enchanted I was by the whole experience. The parades, the fireworks-everything was SO amazing to me.
When my goddaughter was 5, we took her on her first trip. We went to ride BTMR, and we weren't sure she would be able to ride. She walked up to the CM, and asked him to "pwease measure me. I just HAVE to know!" The CM made a huge production out of it, lining her up just so, making sure her feet were flat on the ground. Then he says "drum roll, please?" We all pounded our legs to make drums and he says-"you are JUST the right size to ride!" (he had to have known by looking at her) She just BEAMED at him and we went on. Of course, this is her first roller coaster and I was nervous that she'd be scared. I took a look at her after the first hill and she was laughing, she loved it. When we got off, the same CM stopped her and asked her if she liked it. She says, "That's the kind of wide I LIKE!" He asked if she'd like to go again, and of course she said yes and he called up front (this was pre-fast pass) and got us right on again! We still talk about him and how cool that was. (she's 20 now!)

Our entire honeymoon was really magical. One moment that stands our was our breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table. I think DH told them it was our honeymoon when he made the reservation. We had a window seat and everyone kept congratulating us. I remember DH told Peter Pan we were on our honeymoon and he said "Eww, those are for grownups!" When we were finished they presented us with a "Magical Moments" certificate (addressed to Lord and Lady OurLastName) signed by all the characters, as well as two Cindrella's Royal Table champagne flutes!! What a nice surprise!

We did not wear the bride and groom hats or announce that we were on our honeymoon, but we were amazed by the number of CM's who guessed we were honeymooners and made a fuss over us!

Honestly, I cannot pick just one moment or even just a few...

Being at Disney is like waking up in a dream. YES...problems are bound to happen. YES...nothing is perfect. But...at Disney...you get pretty darn close!

Some of my top favorites:

-My son pulling the sword from the stone and Merlin putting a medal around his neck and making him temporary ruler of the realm.

-My son talking to Crush at Turtle Talk.

-People cheering after riding Soarin'.

-Candy animals from Miyuki

-Being the Epcot family of the day

-My boys playing with Esmerelda and Clopin for a long time with nobody else in sight.

-Eeyore pushing my youngest ds in his stroller.

-Watching Wishes in a deserted spot over in Toontown...the view was not perfect but we were the ONLY ones around and we just sat on a bench and enjoyed the bursting fireworks holding each other tight.

-My oldest ds dressing up in his Aladdin costume and posing with Aladdin for a picture.

-too many more to even dream of getting to them all!

Kanga1, that is one of the best stories I've heard. Tears are welling up and I'm AT WORK!

These stories about kids are great. My DH and I haven't had children yet, we're waiting until we're both done our Masters, but these stories are a sign that taking kids to Disney will be soooooooo magical!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter