Your most *magical* moment on a Disney cruise?

This truly is the BEST Dis thread ever!! Thank you all for sharing your sweet, touching stories. Magical, just magical....:hug:

On our last cruise (6/09), we were having dinner at Lumiere's. Our daughter was exhausted from the day's activities and fell asleep up against my husband's left side right before our entrees were served. Our lobster tails came to the table and my husband realized he couldn't eat much without disturbing her. Fitz (our fabulous head server) came running over to our table and proceeded to cut up his entire meal so he could eat! We'd never experienced such kindness from our head server on previous cruises and we'll never forget Fitz!

:cloud9::cloud9:FITZ Oh FITZ :cloud9::cloud9: We :lovestruc:lovestruc him.... Last cruise I wrote a letter about him, but was a little scared because I felt if I went on and on about how WONDERFUL he was that they would promote him.... If we did not have him as our HS on our next cruise I may have to walk the plank with Capt'. Hook on Pirate Night... He is oh so special.... THE TINK FAMILY is in total love and it is hard to win us over....:love:

Hi All,

For me the magic started well before the first cruise ever did. It was July, 2003 and the announcement had just been made that for the first time ever DCL would be sending a ship to the west coast.

My best friend's (we've known each other since we were 13) in-laws are huge Disney fans (her DMIL was even there on opening day at DL in 1955) and they had decided to take their entire family on the Mexican Rivera cruise. I was thrilled for them when I heard they were going but absolutely stunned when they included my DH and me in the invitation!

Almost two years of planning later and the cruise was drawing near. My BF and I had been assembling a sail-away gift for her in-laws but I wanted to do something more, something special that would be as unexpected and memorable for them as their gift was to us.

When we got on board I talked to someone at Guest Relations and told them the story and asked for their help. They said they didn't know if there was anything they could do but would let me know.

A few nights later our cabin phone rang and it was the folks from Guest Relations telling me that they had arranged with the Captain and the First Officer to allow my BFF's DMIL to blow the ship's whistle when we left port.

I cried then and I cry now remembering their kindness and how they helped me share the magic of the Magic with some truly incredible people. Then to top it all off, the next day my BFF's DMIL was presented with a certificate and other momentos of her Magical Moment.

Add to that our head server Claude hearing my DH and me joking about how we were going to ask for two lobster tails on the formal night dinner and then having our meal arrive with two lobster tails on each of our plates...

Having our Matire 'D present me with all the recipes for everything we had enjoyed at all our meals on the last night at sea...

Meeting all the DISboarder's at the Sail Away party and gift exchange...

Being invited to a private party in the Roy Disney Suite on the Forth of July hosted by of a couple of DISboarder's...

Getting the chance to play Who Wants To Be a Mouseketeer because the lady sitting to the right of me whose seat number was called didn't want to play and I really, really did...

Seeing the dozens and dozens of folks who were standing on the shoreline as the ship left San Pedro Harbor and headed out to sea waving with Mickey Gloves...

Seeing children I didn't know light up at the sight of their favorite character...

Watching daddies and their little ones skipping down the halls hand in hand...

Finding a towel monkey in our stateroom wearing my DH's sunglasses...

And knowing that in July, 2011 we are all going to be going on another "Wonder"ful Disney Cruise to Alaska!

Thanks for starting such a heartwarming thread and for allowing me to share in others special memories and inspiring me to relive some of my own.

Take care all, help lots of people and have a wonderful day!

Wow! I have been bawling like a baby reading this entire thread! Now I know why I am excited to go on our first ever cruise, and why it is with Disney! It is a year and a half away...I don't know how I will contain myself.

Thank you for sharing all of these wonderful memories!

Well I have 2 and they are both from the day of our onboard wedding ceremony. The first was just after we finished taking our wedding photos and we were waiting for the character meet and greets in the Atrium to start. So of course there I am in the big poofy wedding dress and the inevitable happens, I need to use the bathroom. So off I stroll to the washroom and as soon as I walk through the door this little girl of maybe 4 or 5 says to her mom "Mommy which Princess is she?" I had a little smile on my face the rest of the trip as I never expected that comment.

The second was from the character greet. We lined up for Mickey and had planned on lining up for Minnie afterwards as she was on the other side of the Atrium. Well I thought we timed it right but of course time was running out and we had 10 minutes to go before our Palo Wedding meal. So once we got up to the front of the line we asked the photographer if there was any chance of getting a quick photo with both together so we could make our reservation (honestly not expecting a yes) Well he said that "they won't be happy but sure"
I was floored but so thankful because out of all the photos we had taken that day that was my favorite. My DH said that in Shutters after the photo went on display everyone was commenting on it.
WeddingPhotos.jpg

We have been on four Disney cruise's..going on our fifth next March..any way our most Magical moment happened on our very first cruise..our then 9 year old daughter LOVED Belle. So one afternoon when we were walking to lunch she saw Belle and RAN to stand in the LONG line...Belle was literally the ONLY person on the whole cruise she wanted to see. Well, she got in line, and as we neared the front a very kind Belle assistant came up to 4 families before us and said that Belle had to go, but would be back the next day. My DD looked at us with HUGE eyes and said "Doesn't Belle know how much I want to talk to her, and tell her how much I love her"? Now yes our DD knew that Belle wasn't "real", but she really wanted her to be and to believe in what Belle represented. So as we lead DD away down the hallway promising to return the next day she BUST out crying saying that if Belle just knew how much she needed to see her she would not have turned her away. Then as DH was hugging our daughter Belle walked up to my Jennah tapped her on the shoulder, knelt down and said in her best Belle voice...."Someone told me that you are just like me..smart, caring, loving and most of all BEAUTIFUL inside and out". My Jennah threw her arms around her neck and hugged her with all her might, and said "thank you for caring". I stood there with tears streaming down my face and then Belle said "Would you do ME the honor of taking a photo with me"? Then from out of nowhere a ships photographer showed up, took her photo. Belle then hugged Jennah once more and told her "Never give up on your dreams and always be kind to others" Then she waved and walked away. It was at that precise moment that I knew why we paid more and would continue to pay more to cruise with Disney. [/QUOTE

Oh my gosh! This brought tears to my eyes!!! Thank you Disney!!

Triton's on the Wonder will always be a special place for me.

My family traveled on the 11-NT Southern Caribbean Cruise in Sept 2006. Along with my DW, my mother, father, sister, brother-in-law, nephew and niece were with us. It was a great cruise!!

My niece, Delaney who was 6 at the time, was spending the night in our stateroom. The same night there was the late-night dessert buffet down in Triton's. Her Mom and Dad had a Deluxe Inside and we have a Verandah room. Delaney and I went down to the buffet in our PJ's and shoes. We walked through the main doors of Triton's and the look on her face was amazing. She had never seen so many desserts in one place. She held my hand the entire time. It was difficult juggling the two plates. :lmao: Passing each dessert, the expression on her face was a greater WOW than before. Then we reached the chocolate fountain. That did it. She was in heaven. We just had one of those moments together that :goodvibesDelaney passed away unexpectedly in May 2008. :littleangel: She was 8. My first time back in Triton's, I cried. Just like I am now as I type this. But it also brought me great joy to know that I will never lose these memories. They are mine to keep forever.

My apologies for making anyone feel sad. :goodvibes

What a heartwreching story yet filled with "Wonder"ful memories :grouphug: hugs to all angel Delaneys family

This is a amazing thead :goodvibes I had gone on several disney cruises and finally i convinced a huge group to come with me friends grandparents aunts uncles (you get the picture) so a few years ago we book a 7 day western in december we had a wonderful time When we got to casatway cay it was chilly with a overcast but we made the best of it we took up a good portion of the beach made a huge pile of sand and wished it was a campfire :) (were all big campers) and really did nothing special but hang out as a whole group and enjoy each others company. It was was a great trip!! But at the time noone realizied how special it was after we got back that jan my brother in law was diagnosed with giloblastoma (brain cancer) That was his last trip with his children and his family. We still talk about the disney cruise and that day on castaway cay. I think i have his wife talked into going on the dream ;). Its not always the big magical moments (although they are quite amazing the belle story had me in tears) sometimes its the little special moments that mean the most to you that you never forget!! Thanks for letting me share mine :) Looking forward to hearing more of everyone elses
Rita Kathleen :goodvibes

A big thanks to each of you for sharing your stories and reminding me (whether or not we get pixie dusted) that this is not 'just another vacation', but precious time together as a family. It's easy to forget how precious it is until reading touching stores like these...

My DD and I have been on 4 cruises. Our first one was when she was 11 and I just loved it when they announced you when you came in. And I also loved the horn (it's also one of my alarms). The next cruise she turned 13 and the most magical thing was when I had surprised her with a balcony room (I taped the whole thing) and the room was all decorated too. She just kept going, oh my, oh my, and then she finally saw the balcony and was like "we've got a balcony, we've got a balcony". That was really special, the only problem now is that she won't accept a room without a balcony. LOL On our third trip we had to leave late from the port because they had to call out the bomb squad for an unidentified box and we got to do the emergency drill in the morning and there were dolphins along side the ship. And our last one she turned 18 on and she finally got to go into the clubs (she was just upset that they still don't serve her). Looking forward to our next trip for sure in February on the Dream and we'll see what magical thing can happen there. But we may go on the 2-day teaser cruise with my parents and aunt, that would be magical.

Bumping back to the top because I need a magical story fix today... anyone have anything new to add?

christmas day 09 the magic and wonder were pretty close the magic went one way and the wonder the other way after the magic left castaway cay. we seen the wonder in the distance a few times at castaway cay that day.
it was supper time on both the ships and a show time so a lot of people missed out on it.

My favorite which I wasn't actually present for was my DD seeing Princess Tiana in the corridor, and giving her a big hug, as she left the Kids Club with her grandmother and DH. I'm so happy her DG was there for that!
::MinnieMo:mickeyjum
I got my pixie dust when DH & I got to ride the elevator with Mickey & Minnie the next day!

This is why I shoudl not read the DIS boards at work as I am sitting at my workstation crying!!

We have been on four Disney cruise's..going on our fifth next March..any way our most Magical moment happened on our very first cruise..our then 9 year old daughter LOVED Belle. So one afternoon when we were walking to lunch she saw Belle and RAN to stand in the LONG line...Belle was literally the ONLY person on the whole cruise she wanted to see. Well, she got in line, and as we neared the front a very kind Belle assistant came up to 4 families before us and said that Belle had to go, but would be back the next day. My DD looked at us with HUGE eyes and said "Doesn't Belle know how much I want to talk to her, and tell her how much I love her"? Now yes our DD knew that Belle wasn't "real", but she really wanted her to be and to believe in what Belle represented. So as we lead DD away down the hallway promising to return the next day she BUST out crying saying that if Belle just knew how much she needed to see her she would not have turned her away. Then as DH was hugging our daughter Belle walked up to my Jennah tapped her on the shoulder, knelt down and said in her best Belle voice...."Someone told me that you are just like me..smart, caring, loving and most of all BEAUTIFUL inside and out". My Jennah threw her arms around her neck and hugged her with all her might, and said "thank you for caring". I stood there with tears streaming down my face and then Belle said "Would you do ME the honor of taking a photo with me"? Then from out of nowhere a ships photographer showed up, took her photo. Belle then hugged Jennah once more and told her "Never give up on your dreams and always be kind to others" Then she waved and walked away. It was at that precise moment that I knew why we paid more and would continue to pay more to cruise with Disney.

You guys are making me cry like a baby! This is why I love Disney and am looking forward to our first Disney cruise next year! Keep bringing the stories!

Well I have 2 and they are both from the day of our onboard wedding ceremony. The first was just after we finished taking our wedding photos and we were waiting for the character meet and greets in the Atrium to start. So of course there I am in the big poofy wedding dress and the inevitable happens, I need to use the bathroom. So off I stroll to the washroom and as soon as I walk through the door this little girl of maybe 4 or 5 says to her mom "Mommy which Princess is she?" I had a little smile on my face the rest of the trip as I never expected that comment.

The second was from the character greet. We lined up for Mickey and had planned on lining up for Minnie afterwards as she was on the other side of the Atrium. Well I thought we timed it right but of course time was running out and we had 10 minutes to go before our Palo Wedding meal. So once we got up to the front of the line we asked the photographer if there was any chance of getting a quick photo with both together so we could make our reservation (honestly not expecting a yes) Well he said that "they won't be happy but sure"
I was floored but so thankful because out of all the photos we had taken that day that was my favorite. My DH said that in Shutters after the photo went on display everyone was commenting on it.

We have the same photo from our VR.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Our first cruise was in April '07. My oldest had just turned five. We were in line for the Fairy Godmother. DD was all dressed up, and when the Godmother turned to greet her, she bent down, said in her best voice "Well hello little princess!" and threw her arms open. DD ran towards her and the Godmother scooped her up. It was so awesome, DD felt like she was the only child around. I even wrote on our comment card how incredible that moment was for all of us. :cloud9:

My 3rd DD has Asperger's and selective mutism. This makes dining out difficult as I have to "interpret" for her and servers generally think she's rude or odd. We were on a 7 nighter when she was 12 and by dinner the 2nd night, our server had figured out she had an issue with ordering her own food. He was from India and was a sweetheart, but also firm. He put a menu between she and I to break the line of sight, then turned to her and started to dance while singing, "Tell me what you want, what you really, really want, won't you tell me what you want" a'la spice girls. DD was :lmao: After she told him her order, I said, "I don't remember you being a spice girl, which one are you?" and without missing a beat, he struck a pose and said, "I'm CURRY spice!" More :rotfl2: This was the first time my DD had ever ordered her own meal and I am proud to say it was not the last. She has ordered ever since, although she still does have an occasional backslide where we mention "Curry Spice" and she can usually muster up the courage.

Same cruise, Pirate dinner at Parrot Cay and they do the parade thing. Curry Spice comes around to the table, pulled out DD's chair, took her hand, and led her to the parade. I have never seen this child do ANYTHING of the kind and I was all :sad1: He came over to make sure I was OK (it was the ugly cry) and gave me tissues. I explained it all to him and he started to :sad1: as well, understanding what an enormous difference he had made not only in her life, but in our family as well.

This is why I will never cruise any other line than Disney. Life-changing experience.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story! My DS9 has selective mutism too so I completely understand exactly how monumental this experience must have been. How truly magical.

Thank you everyone for sharing your wonderful, beautiful stories (as I type through teary eyes...) I hope to add after our first cruise in May!

We are sailing as a family on the Thanksgiving trip and are looking forward to making magical memories on board! Thank you for sharing all of you moments! It is why at 35 years old, I love everything about Disney.Bringing families together and making me feel like a kid again. It is a dream of mine to get to meet Stitch and I can't wait for so many other Disney dreams to come true. Thanks again for such charming stories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter