• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your most disapointing TS restaraunt at WDW was?

Crystal Palace.

We finally had ADR's for lunch this past August.

I will not do CP again anytime soon! :rotfl:

Don't get me wrong, the food was good...but to get to it was insane-the lines were MASSIVE. I purposely chose an 11:30 lunch ADR to avoid the "BUSY" peak lunch time. To make it worse, my girls were so "afraid" of missing the characters that they didn't want to leave the table, so I had to go up myself to get their plates first..... come to find out the characters hadn't come by yet... DH was starving, so I stayed with the girls while he went up to make a plate after waiting in the massive line.... when I finally got up, the girls were ready for dessert so I got them their dessert and then went to get my lunch..... still no visit from any of the characters and we'd been there an hour :scared1:

While I ate, we did get a visit from Pooh, Piglet, and Eeyore... but Tigger never came over from the other side of the restaurant :confused3 and he was the one my DD wanted to see the most....

It was just WAY too packed for my liking!!

Ours was the Garden Grill. :eek: We found that the food was not edible and that, coupled with the fact that we were seated in the upper section, right by the servers entry area to the center, made for the most disappointing meal EVER! Sitting in the upper section is also bad, as you cannot see the scenery (unless you would like to rude and uncomfortable and stand up continually)! The characters were cute, that was the only real plus of the night!

We sat in that same area! It was not an enjoyable meal and the food just did not taste that great to us. The characters seemed rushed when they got to our area of tables and would hurry up to a table, pose for a picture, and move on.

LTT: it was bad. The service was the root cause of it all. Slow service, resulting in cold food and no refills. The food was nothing to write home about and worse when it is cold. We left and asked for the check before dessert was offered.

My vote goes to LTT as well. We thought the characters were great and the food was yummy (except for the ham), but our service was really lousy. Our waitress acted like we should feel lucky if she came back for us at all. It was such a production just to get her attention to get a drink refill, much less seconds on the "all you care to enjoy" family meal. I guess it was because we were just a two top, because she was paying much more attention to the larger parties around us.

That was our only poor service at WDW, so I guess I can't complain too much...but it did steer me away from going to a "family style" place again.

Overall worst: Tony's Town Square

I just wondered what was so bad about Tony's?
I've noticed quite a few negative reviews on this place.
We were thinking of checking it out on our next trip (just b/c I love the movie!), but if it's horrendous, maybe we'll skip it.

1) Capt. Jack's. Yuck!:crazy2: We had read such good reviews but we were not pleased.

2) The last visit to Garden Grill. We felt rushed like the food was being thrown at us. We were also on the top tier looking into the kitchen. We had several good experiences prior to our last visit.

3) Our last visit to WCC. DH & I had breakfast. The food was okay. Our server was not attentive at all. There again, previous visits had been good.

I guess we can all say we have experienced hits and misses!

I just wondered what was so bad about Tony's?
I've noticed quite a few negative reviews on this place.
We were thinking of checking it out on our next trip (just b/c I love the movie!), but if it's horrendous, maybe we'll skip it.

Well, if it makes you feel better (but it may make your decision harder :lmao: ), my family happens to really enjoy Tony's! It's become a tradition for us to eat there, but if we had an awful experience, we wouldn't go back. Let's just say we haven't yet and we're planning to dine here again in June!

These threads can typically be very informative, but you're going to get people who love a place and people who despise a place. I can't actually think of any particularly bad meals at WDW I've had that stick out, so sorry!:wizard:

Food-wise, it would be San Angel Inn. Bleah.

Atmosphere-wise, it would be the Brown Derby, it was the noisest place in all of Disney for us. It was a treat to get out of there to the "quiet" of the parks. That was sad, because the food was really good.

Planet Hollywood has my vote for worst atmosphere and service. The food was nothing special either.

We decided to try Boma and Le Cellier based on reviews here.

Le Cellier - the breadsticks were not good, especially the pretzel one. The steak was also nothing special. Everything was edible but I wouldn't waste time going there again. I'm from Canada, and I've eaten better meals at home. On the positive side, the service was great. Our reservation was at 2pm and we were seated on time.

Boma - the food was either too sweet or too spicy. We tried a ton of different items but there was nothing that made us go OMG that was amazing. Plus, the zebra domes were over-hyped and didn't taste really good and I love desserts, so that was a major disappointment.

Raglan Road was the worst by far, last October. Fish and chips were soggy and barely lukewarm. Plus it was so noisy (the band) that we couldn't talk at all without totally shouting.

Very disappointing -- but lots of people love this restaurant! Go figure - just shows that even good restaurants had bad days.

We would like to second planet hollywood, went a couple of years ago will never go back. The food was horrid, poor service, and a truck stop would be cleaner at any hour of the day.

Like someone also said, everyone has different likes/dis.....
We go to cm every trip, not really for the food, but my four year old loves to have his birthdays at mickey's place. WCC, we have been lucky to catch it where they are "playing" with the kids and our food has always been good.
Then LTT the last two years has been our best meals. After reading on this boards for sometime, I have learned the best thing to do is read, and then see for yourself.....you never know what you might be missing!

(almost 2 hours after ordering to receive any beverage or food, appys brought out after the entree, never received a single refill despite numerous requests), but the food was simply disgusting (& this was with a party of 7 very easy going people ~ no one ate :sad2: ).

I don't know how you all hung in there so long...I hope you let someone know about this fiasco.

Chef Mickey's at dinner was horrible!! I was so disappointed by that.

However, our favorites were Teppan Edo and Concourse Steakhouse. I hate that they are closing the Concourse...:sad2:

I don't recall hearing anyone say, YAY! they're closing the Concourse Steakhouse. It's soooo good in my opinion, definitely in my top 3, the other two being Narcoossee's and Jiko's.

So I too and soooo sad they're closing it. :confused3

My most disappointing was Crystal Palace for dinner. It wasn't the worst we've had on property. Just the most disappointing because we had our expectations way up as we'd just had a great experience at Chef Mickey's for dinner that week and we'd had great experiences for breakfast at the CP before. We had about a 40 minute wait. But it wasn't due to being busy inside. The manager in charge was training the crew. But instead of letting them do their dang jobs during crunch time, he called a dang staff meating every 10 friggen minutes to evaluate em and took 5 minutes in doing so. The result was they couldn't clear and turn tables nearly fast enough when people left. Half the tables sat empty in one or another stage of being cleaned and set because of this. And the manager was simply leaning with his rump on the ice cooler most of the time with a computer pad in his arms. Amazing. I was thinking Geez guy, get off your dead rump and bus a table or two. I lost a whole plate of food because the mussels were sitting too long and had gotten cold. Of course I had to throw the rest away because the sauce had run all over making that an unhealthy situation. The rest of the food seemed ok though. We got to see all the characters, but they were limiting Pooh's exposure. They had suit fixer uppers tagging alongside pooh so I assumed they had a fill in that didn't meet the specs of the costume. Anyhow, not too bad overall sans the dolt of a manager and the cold mussels. Our server was busting her butt. But it simply lacked that something extra we'd come to expect at Crystal palace and indeed lacked some required elements too.

I don't recall many good things said about LTT on this fourm. Maybe its me, but a Thanksgiving/Pilgram Type Dinner isn't too appealing other then at Thanksgiving. Maybe if they offered some other foods it would be more appealing.:confused3

There was a time maybe 6 months to a year ago when LTT was one of the most highly rated things on these boards. I just never understood the lure of that place. It didn't make my most disappointing simply because it pretty much is what it is and I don't expect much.

Nine Dragons. We found that it wasn't as good as our local Chinese restaurant. It's too bad because they really could have a very good restaurant if they wanted. Perhaps with the renovation, all will change.

We just got back from a trip, and I never thought I'd get a bad meal at Coral Reef (normally one of our favorites), but this time it was the worst meal of our trip. Food was so-so, and service was absolutely horrible. We were tempted to leave no tip at all. It'll be a while before we go back there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter