Your gonna think Im nuts...Disney Smell alert..UPDATE! NEW SMELL ALERT!

In the winter, when the wind is just right, my neighbors wood fired furnace sends the smell of Spaceship Earth (the burning Rome) our way.....I just breathe it in and it transports me back to EPCOT.....unfortunately that smell was not on SE trip mid-February 2012..what's up with that...why did they stop!?

The Disney I always smell, everywhere I go, is Rome in Spaceship Earth. Whenever i go out to eat I always say it's, "Rome!":upsidedow

Just got the Old Spice Komodo body wash. It DOES smell like the Norway shop! Hahahah! Yay!!!!

whenever i walk by something with chlorine(my grandfather's swimming pool) i think of POTC as I walk into the entrance and get the first whiff....

Also, I was at the store the other day looking for hand soap and bought one that smells like oranges just to remind me of Soarin'..... Man I can't wait to get my Disney Fix this May!

Loving this!

A few months ago I was at a family dinner at a buffet and as I was walking around looking at the food - BANG - there it was, out of nowhere - the Pop foodcourt.

I grabbed my Mom and took her the exact spot and said "what does this smell like?" She said she didn't know but it was familiar, as soon as I said the Pop foodcourt she got it too. We didn't tell anyone else what we were whispering and giggling about even though they thought we were a little nuts.

Now, Mom is 78 and I am 54 so I understand the curiosity of our family. I don't think she even told Dad.

This is such a great thread! I love scent memories!
For me, the biggest one is just the smell of Florida. That kind of wet, humid, plant-like smell.

It's been unseasonably warm and wet up here in WI, and when I was walking to work in the morning I got a whiff of that. I smiled and kept it to myself, not expecting anyone else to get it.

Then, a coworker got to the office and said, "It smells like mornings at Disney World outside!"

I about died :rotfl:

Then, a coworker got to the office and said, "It smells like mornings at Disney World outside!"

I about died :rotfl:

Oh that's great! :lmao:

Personally, the smell of the Emporium on Main Street is what ends up bringing back memories for me. Only problem is I have no idea what the smell is! Starch and sizing in the clothing, air-conditioned air, carpet cleaner? I wish I knew! Every once in a great while I'll catch it someplace. Makes my day!

FYI, I noticed in another thread that Scentaire changed their name and now offers the home scenting machine again. For a while there, they wanted a rep to come to your house and try and sell you a larger system. The little one wasn't available for a littel while. So it's back and the Disney scents are in there. Like BC's green clover and aloe. :goodvibes They aren't labeled as Disney scents but that's where Disney gets them from.

Here's a link:
Not cheap...but.... if you're a LOVER of aromatherapy like I am :love:. I'll be getting it as soon as I can.
http://www.enviroscent.com/Shop/Accscent-Machines

We go in June every year so today I got my first smell of our upcoming trip.....pulled out the sunscreen that always goes on as we enter the park.....it smelled like Disney/home......

All I need now is a "We Bare All" sign and I will know we are almost there......:rotfl:

Oh that's great! :lmao:

Personally, the smell of the Emporium on Main Street is what ends up bringing back memories for me. Only problem is I have no idea what the smell is! Starch and sizing in the clothing, air-conditioned air, carpet cleaner? I wish I knew! Every once in a great while I'll catch it someplace. Makes my day!
I hate smells like that! For no reason, I'll smell something and it triggers a memory. Then I'll go five years before smelling it again...

Paula Deen Pecan Pie candle smells just like Main Street! It takes me to that first sighting of the castle. DDs agree, DH thinks I'm nuts!

Bath and Body Works have a hand sanitizer that smells EXACTLY like the perfume they sell in Norway, Leila or Layla, I can't remember the spelling. But I distinctly remember the smell, because DH and I both HATE it. I was actually at Disney when I first pulled the sanitizer out of my purse and used it and my DH's whole face wrinkled up and he asked if I had sprayed myself with Norwegian perfume. :laughing: From then on whenever he needed sanitizer he'd ask me to get my Layla out!

The B&BW sanitizer scent is "sea breeze cotton", btw.

Stumbled across a *NEW* Disney smell item..:blush:

Clean and Clear *morning burst* fruit infusions face cleanser...with Mandarin Orange...you know where this is going....yes ..it is a Soarin scented face wash. :thumbsup2

Oh my gosh I love this thread!!

Does anyone know of anything that mimics the smell of the Contemporary lobby? DH and I commented every time we walked in there how much we loved the smell!!

If anyone has ideas, they would be greatly appreciated!

I'm still searching for something close to the Grand Floridian lobby smell. I've read on another thread that it's "aloe and green clover.". bath and Body Works quit carrying their scent of the same name and my DH bought me a soy candle fro Magnolia gifts that was close.

My favorite smell is the Aloe and Green Clover that is used at the Beach Club Resorts lobby. I discovered it can be purchased from Enviroscent. Yay!

I sure wish my computer screen was scratch and sniff right now.

Enjoying this thread.

Ecolab makes a citrus-ginger deoderizer which is the exact product used to freshen the bathrooms at WDW parks. Most noticible in the early morning.
This is only purchasable if you have an account direct with Ecolab or through a distributor. A bag of concentrate is about $200.

Thanks to Dis member "almost_there _mn" for the tip.

The scent used at The Swan Resort is White Tea Aloe.

You'll smell it in the lobby and it's used in the bath products.

9f89a24c.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter