Your Glow ears are ruining our pictures??? {:--)

I can't wait to buy a pair of GWTS ears and I hope everyone going to the parks at the same time as me does buy them as well, their effect when multiplied by at least 200 is great and it makes the show even more unique.

My 2 daughters (7&9) and friends' daughters (6&9) had them on while watching wishes. We were standing apart from them and a woman went up to them and told them to shut them off. I was not happy when I saw the girls remove them, and told them if they wanted to wear them they could (which they did).

Yikes, going up to someone else's kids and telling them to take off the ears?

When Disney sells them specifically to be worn during the shows?

I didn't buy any because in the end, they are mickey ears and ehhh just not my thing.

However they were all over at Fantasmic! and they were'nt half as annoying as the kids with spinners and light up swords.

I say Glow baby Glow.

I haven't seen the show with the new ears. It sounds great. My takeaway from this is that we have become a society that is not living in the moment. Rather than sitting back and enjoying ourselves, we are busy capturing images to put on social media. I don't know if some do it to look at later or so they can show their friends, "Look what I'm doing!" but I have found you miss out on a lot when you are trying to focus on a tiny screen rather than the whole experience taking place around you. I have to hold back on photo taking. I don't have much up on Instatweetbook, but I have great memories in my head that could never translate over WiFi anyway.
Thank you for sharing this point of view! I completely agree with you!

Well when we go in December I will be standing proud wearing my glow with the show ears!!! I'm sooo looking forward to having them. Like others have said... So move to take your pics.

Yea... And what about those iPad screens?

I haven't seen them yet in WDW; but when I was recently in Disneyland Paris despite a huge push for them prior to the night time show there was maybe a dozen people wearing them.

The ones I did see I personally found distracting because they looked odd in the mass of people around. I'm interested to see what the uptake is in WDW in comparison to Paris.

I'm interested to see this, too. There was a similar push in Disneyland but I honestly don't see a ton of the ears around.

People will find anything to complain about. ;) I'd rather see glowing ears than a giant iPad up in the air!

There's so many places to see Wishes from, I would move before asking someone to not do something they have every right to do. That includes wearing ears, being tall, and having their kids on their shoulders. While I agree that the latter may be rude in some circumstances, I don't really have the right to ask them to move when I can do the same.

I didn't buy any because in the end, they are mickey ears and ehhh just not my thing. However they were all over at Fantasmic! and they were'nt half as annoying as the kids with spinners and light up swords. I say Glow baby Glow.

Word! The light up toys ug! I'll take my ears over those any day!

I don't know why people film fireworks; I am completely baffled. Do they really watch them afterwards? I know that if someone showed me their personal video of fireworks somewhere, it would be so boring!

There are a lot of reasons why people would film fireworks. And I don't think you would have to watch them after and be bored.

I see many people filming many things at Disney World and there are times I think "what the heck are they doing that for?" but then I think "that's their business, not mine and I have no idea who they are, where they live, or what their business is".

I personally have the entire Flights of Wonder show on video because my husband loves that show and we see it every time we are at Disney World. If something happens to my husband, I can go back and revisit something he really enjoyed. And yes, it's on DVD now so no worries about the tape getting destroyed.

So yes, there are many, many reasons to video a show or a display.

There are a lot of reasons why people would film fireworks. And I don't think you would have to watch them after and be bored.

I see many people filming many things at Disney World and there are times I think "what the heck are they doing that for?" but then I think "that's their business, not mine and I have no idea who they are, where they live, or what their business is".

I personally have the entire Flights of Wonder show on video because my husband loves that show and we see it every time we are at Disney World. If something happens to my husband, I can go back and revisit something he really enjoyed. And yes, it's on DVD now so no worries about the tape getting destroyed.

So yes, there are many, many reasons to video a show or a display.

That's all fine with me. Right up until the person with the camera presumes that their video or photo takes some sort of priority over my viewing.

I'm normally a very laid-back person, and can go with the flow, for the most part…but go with the flow? Gah.

We were at Fantasmic! a few weeks ago, and of course, a 6'5" man sits in the row in front of me - with the ears on. It would have been difficult to see over his head as it was, but with these giant, glowing ears on now, it was not only impossible to see the show, but it WAS very distracting with these glowing ears now in front of my face. I had to lean way, way over to the side to try and see around him. (Don't tell me I should have moved - it was PACKED by this time - there were no more available seats for our group.)

Yes, looking out over the Fantasmic! audience and seeing dozens of the ears was way cool - but it's NOT cool when you're right behind a pair and can't see around them. The (brief) flashing was extremely annoying - as it totally distracted from my enjoyment of the show.

Just my two cents worth...

He thought that was annoying? This was our first trip to MK ever.

i1C6QLz.jpg

For the record I'm 5'11" and he was directly in front of me. That said, we still had a good time :joker:

Oh well the ears are part of the fun if you don't like it move to another spot and take your pictures. I don't have them but if I did I would not remove them.
Me neither...It makes me giggle when people tell you stuff like that and expect you to just comply with their request. :lmao:

I like to take pictures too. But I don't expect others to have to move. I move, to find a better spot.

I don't go nuts with pictures, especially with Wishes, Illuminations etc. I've seen each show dozens of times.

He thought that was annoying? This was our first trip to MK ever.

i1C6QLz.jpg

For the record I'm 5'11" and he was directly in front of me. That said, we still had a good time :joker:

Oh my!!! I laughed so hard when I saw this my family came in to see if I was ok! Too funny!

Word! The light up toys ug! I'll take my ears over those any day!

Last time I was at Fantasmic the parents in front of us got in an argument about the light up toy their daughter had. The dad told her to turn it off when the show started so it didn't bother the people around them. The mom yelled at him, said what did we buy it for if she can't play with it. Yikes!

I thought the dad was very considerate to think of everyone around them. The mom got her way. The toy stayed on but it didn't bother us.

I've never even heard of these until this thread. We were there Oct 5-13 but we watched Wishes from the Dessert Party and never got around to seeing Illuminations or Fantasmic, so maybe that's why I missed them. :) I think they are very cute after watching a YouTube video of them.

I've never even heard of these until this thread. We were there Oct 5-13 but we watched Wishes from the Dessert Party and never got around to seeing Illuminations or Fantasmic, so maybe that's why I missed them. :) I think they are very cute after watching a YouTube video of them.

They didn't start using them at WDW until Oct. 19, I believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter