Your feedback on BWPPI and Desert Inn

Quest4Kingdom

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have feedback on a recent stay experience at BWPPI or Desert Inn (the one at Disneyland crosswalk)? I am just stumped after doing research on my own. Any thoughts from first-hand experience would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Hi. We have stayed at the BWPPI a couple of times and we have found that the rooms are nice, clean and the location is great (Right in front of the cross walk).

I did learn a lesson when booking.. Double check the size of the 2 room bed... On our first trip, I booked a room with 2 double beds.. Wow, are those things tiny!!! :scared: Now, I book either the 2 queens or the 2 queens w/ a sofa bed..

There is a morning breakfast served.. Very simple, but enough to get your day started... We plan on staying there again for our May trip...:upsidedow

Hi there, I've only stayed at Desert Inn and Suites. We've stayed there twice now and have stayed in the Family Suites (which is basically two regular rooms) It's been clean and comfortable. Not the Ritz but we don't go for the hotel, we go for the parks! I'd rather spend my money there. It does have an indoor pool and spa, again, nothing fancy but it's there and we've used it and it's been fine. They do offer continental breakfast, pastries, fruit, juice...it's enough to keep us going til lunch and it's free! I would recommend it and we are actually going back in May. Have fun.

I stayed at BWPPI in Nov and Desert Inn 3 weeks ago.

I would stay at either one again.

The "breakfast" at both is minimal. I did like DI's breakfast only slightly better because I could take it back to my room. At BWPPI you go across the way to Captain Kidds and go upstairs to the breakfast area. I did not like that. At Desert Inn you just go to their little breakfast room & get what you want.

The rooms at BWPPI are darker, but not so much that you can't see anything. I just made sure to open the curtains. I like light. DI was lighter. Both rooms were clean. The showers were fine too. I think I liked BWPPI better though. I really don't remember too much about that. I just wanted to get ready & hit the parks!

The staff at BWPPI was nicer. The guys at DI seemed to be a bit bothered if you needed anything. But, it was not like they would not do anything, they just needed a bit more coaxing! They held my luggage because I needed too late of a checkout and I wanted to back to the parks. We could have used their lockers (1$ each-hold 2 normal sized suitcases, or 1 of mine) but they said I could just leave my stuff with them. It was fine.

I had a grocery delivery and the guys at DI signed for it and helped cart it up for me to take back to my room. I just went to the grocery store when I stayed at BWPPI, so I don't know about grocery delivery there.

The pools... We did not use the pool at BWPPI, so I can not comment on that, but at DI it was used everynight. I had 2 boys with me and they loved being able to swim in Feb. It is loud, but so is any indoor pool. It was warm enough and they had fun.

I would go for whoever has the better price. The distance to the crosswalk is minimal. Maybe 1.5 minutes more from DI. It did not matter at all.

Hope this helps a bit.

Does anyone have feedback on a recent stay experience at BWPPI or Desert Inn (the one at Disneyland crosswalk)? I am just stumped after doing research on my own. Any thoughts from first-hand experience would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

I've stayed at both, plus the Anaheim Inn few doors down. I perfer the Desert Inn and Suites. HUGE rooms, indoor pool. I have stayed in a C1 family suite with 4 Q beds. Pretty cheap. I am going again in Sept and Dec and have the C1 suites booked for $109 for both times. Much more expensive with the Best Western.

We have stayed at DI and have had no problems. We love the fact it is so close and the price is right. We will be there on Friday in fact!:cool1:

Hey, thanks so much, all this info does help. Can't quite say yet which way i'm leaning, but at least i'm knowing a little more what i'm getting into!
thanks again! and hope you guys enjoy your trip in May!

We stayed at the Desert Inn 2 years ago. We would stay there again only if it was a lot cheaper than anything else close.
Pros:
We loved how close it was- the biggest plus!!!!!!!
The pool was indoor.
The rooms were decent.
Cons:
The staff was rude, esp. in the evening.
They did not inform us when we checked in that on Fri they would be updating some of our furniture. We checked out on Sat and they couldn't wait one day!

We are planning another trip in Oct. and we are planning on staying at the BWPPI.
The biggest plus to any of these hotels is how close a walk to DL!

We have stayed at BWPPI 4 times over the past several years, including 5 days over Thanksgiving a couple months ago. It is close as you know, the included breakfast has actually worked fine for us, and the rooms have always been clean. Every room has a small refrigerator and microwave. We have found their “mini-suites” to be exactly what my family needs – 2 queen beds and a queen fold-out couch.

The pool is small but we always managed to happily spend an hour here and there in it when my kids were younger. I have often seen them cleaning the pool area, so it is kept up well.

I guess it just depends on what is important to you, either place should be fine. See which place has the best price for the type room you are looking for and go with it. Do look at prices in several places, I compared the BWPPI website, Expedia, Travelocity, and I called the hotel over the phone. The cheapest prices I got was through Travelocity.

does anyone have pictures of the rooms at DI? The website virtual tour is not working. I have reservations with a C2 parlor suite. Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter