• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your favorite value resort and why?

mh1973

DIS Veteran
We are going 8/14-8/20 and will probably stay at a value the first 2 nights. So if you had to pick one, which one would it be and why?

I prefer All - Star Sports. Sports is the first stop for the All Stars Resorts. In the morning the buses stop at Sports before moving on to the rest of the All Star hotels until the bus if full, then on to your destintion. Then on the way back from the parks, you are the first drop off. We have stayed at Sports several times and have really enjoyed the resort.

I agree to Ready2GoBack. My favorite is All Star Sports. Cheapest value resort and great location been the first All Star.

Ordinarily, I would pick ASMovies. My kids love the Disney theming. Second would be POP Century, but this year I would pick the new Art of Animation, Little Mermaid rooms. Brand new, but they don't open until the Sept. 15th.
So, I would choose POP, so I could explore the new resort across the bridge. :thumbsup2

I have onky stayed at POP and All Star Sports (twice). I prefer All Star Sports. It isn't as big and is the first All Star rwsort for bus pick up/drop off. I also enjoyed the food court. Our last visit we stayed in the Touchdown building. It was a short walk to both the main pool and quiet pool and the main building and isn't a preferred building.

We loved POP. Great food court, friendly employees, the room was CLEAN. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again or recommend it to others.

I love all of the Value resorts. Pop is really awesome. but of the All-Stars my favorite is definitely ASMovies. Stayed at ASMusic two weeks ago and love it there but Movies is still my 1st pick!

I love the ASMovies.. It's my favorite value resort. We like the theme there. I like the Fantasia pool with Mickey the Sorcerer standing with water spraying in the pool. I love the food court.. so much varieties to choose from. I have always had excellent stays there.

We prefer All Star Music because it has the family suite that sleeps up to 6 ppl and we have 5 when the whole family goes.

I've stayed at ASMovies, ASMusic and POP. My favorite is ASMusic, because I think the food court it better. My second choice is ASMovies (staying there this year because DD likes it better)

i like all the value resorts - as with everything there are pro's and con's

biggest pro for the all stars - buildings (even the farthest away) are not that far from the main bldgs. really cool pools. really good bus service...but sports is first on the stops in and out of the park

biggest con for all stars - the buses usually stop at the 3 resorts...and if you are movies (the last in line) i think the chances of a seat are usually slim to none.

biggest pro for pop century - bigger resort (land and room wise) so there are more CM's at the check in area, the food court is much bigger and the food court CMs will come out and do the hustle and twist etc when the music comes on while you are in the food court. theme is cute. and different music is played in the food court..

biggest con for the pop century - because the bldgs are so spread out, the distance to you room, especially after a day in the park, can seem like it takes forever. for me, you are not hearing/seeing disney every where you go like at all stars.

so depending on your preferences...any value resort is great

We just returned from WDW and stayed at ASp. It was awesome. We requested the Homerun Hotel section and our request was granted. We were on the back side, away from the pool. It was very quiet. It was nice to be close to the pool also. I like how the resort is laid out. It is much smaller than POP. It was a short walk to the food court and main pool.

I love the ASMovies.. It's my favorite value resort. We like the theme there. I like the Fantasia pool with Mickey the Sorcerer standing with water spraying in the pool. I love the food court.. so much varieties to choose from. I have always had excellent stays there.

I have a child with Autism who tires easy. Which building is the closet to
the food courts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter