Your Favorite Underappreciated Attractions?

Laugh Floor is terribly under-appreciated. As I see it it should be mobbed.
Peoplemover, too, though I wish they'd take down that awful wall inside Space Mountain.
Just appreciating the art of Tomorrowland, as well. I think the 50s sci-fi absurdity of it all is spot on.
Mission: Space is a great ride. I think everyone thinks it is awful because it makes them sick. I get it-- it makes me sick, too, and I don't like to ride because of this. But it's a shame because it is very cool.
Living with the Land. People get so worked up about Walt's vision this, Walt's vision that, and then hate on the one attraction where his vision of Epcot is playing out. I think it's a fascinating ride.
Grand Fiesta Tour is hokey, but fun.
One Man's Dream has some great memorabilia.
The DHS street performers are often quite talented, and engaging them is loads of fun.
Animal Kingdom in general is under-rated. It's my favorite park. Flights of Wonder. The trails. The architecture. Rafiki's (if you go in the morning when the vets are all there). All under-rated.
Finally, the monorail. It's turned into the NYC subway for so many people. Can we just take a step back and acknowledge how cool it is?

Flights of Wonder. It's one of those attractions that sort of "flies under the radar" for many visitors. The zookeepers do such a great job with the birds; it's a lot of work to train birds to free-fly and come onto stage the way they do, and the resulting show is fantastic!

Carousel of Progress. "Its a great big beautiful tomorrow!" I have to go once each trip. I know some people think it's outdated (and maybe it is, a little!) but I find it very enjoyable.

Conservation Station/Rafiki's Planet Watch. Getting to watch live veterinary procedures is fascinating. And I love the little "animal encounter" stage that's next to the petting area. The keepers bring out animals and talk about them. I've seen several birds (including owls), a hedgehog, a porcupine, etc. You can ask questions about the animals, as well. It's educational and fun!

Ellens energy ride at Epcot. We always enjoy it but it just doesn't seem to get the love on these boards

The Oasis at Animal Kingdom - we always rush it to get to Everest, but there's so much hidden there. I just heard about the kangaroos. I've been 5 times and I've never seen them.

MK - Swiss Family Treehouse has some gorgeous views. So few people want to climb the stairs but it's so worth it.

MK - The ice cream place next to Aladdin's Carpet, Sunshine Tree Terrace. Their pineapple float is just as good as the Dole Whip. (Maybe better because there is no line.) I swear the Pineapple Soft Serve there is exactly the same as Aloha Isle's, does anyone know if it is?

Resort exploring - Walking through Boardwalk. The pick-a-pearl at Beach Club is much more atmospheric than in Epcot Japan. Wilderness lobby.

Epcot - sidewalk disappearing lights at night, not an attraction but it's a super cool little spot.

Gran Fiesta Tour, Enchanted Tiki Room. Both are good places to cool off and relax for a few minutes. Also a fan of Living With the Land and TTA.

Universe of energy, hall of presidents, and it's a small world. Some of my favorites!

The Oasis at Animal Kingdom - we always rush it to get to Everest, but there's so much hidden there. I just heard about the kangaroos. I've been 5 times and I've never seen them.
You are so right about the Oasis. My first two time in AK I was so busy running inside that I didnt even bother to look left or right. Last year I let the crowds breeze by me and I took my time meandering through the paths. I love animals a lot and it was great to see so many "non-headliner" species.

I like the Grand Fiesta Tour, but I must admit I miss the original ride. It reminded me of If You Had Wings in the MK. My mom still whistles that tune.

My whole family loves Carousel of Progress... kids know all the words to the song...

- People Mover (nice little break for us to sit and ride)
- Hall of Presidents and American Experience
- Oh Canada
- Muppet vision

I love Ellen's Energy Adventure. I know it's super long, but I think it's funny and I find the show entertaining. I also happen to fall asleep in it a lot (but that's happened in Spaceship Earth, Muppet Vision, and others too).

If I had to pick one, it would be TTA/People Mover.

You almost never have to wait, and when you do, the line moves quickly. You get a nice amount of time on the ride and get to see a lot. It's also a nice break to just sit and relax when you're tired of walking.

And I love that ramp that moves you up to the loading area. That's an attraction by itself.

Mine would be COP, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Dinosaur, Flights of Wonder and Oh Canada. I really enjoy the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, too. We do all of these at least once a vacation, sometimes more (Dinosaur we do ALOT more). :)

I agree with some of the ones from above: Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, Ellen's Energy Adv., Transit Authority, even Figment are great and underappreciated. Dinosaur, which may or may not be underappreciated, is great as well

I'm gonna partially agree with this statement. The queue music is great, but so is the phenomenal ride!

Ah! but the ride isn't underappreciated though! I love the ride as well. But the music is just so underappreciated.
No matter how stressful of a day I had, I can play the entrance music and the star tunnel music, suddenly an instant calm comes over me.

MK: Under the Sea (didn't have a line at all for our entire last trip). Best dark ride at MK in my opinion. Mermaid has never been my thing, but I just think the technology is amazing. The animatronics look awesome, the technology that makes you feel like you are underwater, with the cold breeze...it just feels absolutely real. As someone who has done deep sea snorkeling, it's just incredibly realistic. The actual "Under the Sea" scene is so huge. I'm was just incredibly impressed with the whole thing, and the line should be longer than Peter Pan.

Peoplemover gets an honorable mention. The most relaxing ride at MK in DW and I's opinion. I have knee issues, so we need short line, sit down break rides, and Peoplemover is perfect for it, and I love going through Space Mountain.

AK: Primeval Whirl: Awesome little rollercoaster.

Epcot: Spaceship Earth. Everyone rides it right at ropedrop, then there is no line for the rest of the day. DW and I ride it over and over and over again. It just never gets old.

Nemo gets an honorable mention. We had no idea how big of an aquarium was there until we got bored one day an ventured in.

Hollywood Studios: Walt Disney: One Man's Dream/Voyage of the Little Mermaid tie. We got bored waiting on a fastpass and went in both of these. They both had no line, with CMs outside practically begging people to come give it a try. They were both very good. I always love hearing Walt's story. No matter how many times I hear "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing- That it all started with a mouse", I always get chills. It's just such a huge thing...that one sketch started this huge empire of entertainment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter